Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Kataphrut » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:19 am

I think just Whis being present on the battlefield isn't as bad as Beerus being present because Beerus can actually take action. It was him scolding Freeza and Freeza's subsequent grovelling that destroyed the tension in RoF. Meanwhile, I feel like with just Whis there, Broly could literally blow up the entire planet and Whis would be like "welp, one born every millennia."

The lack of involvement from the other characters is fine. They were up front about this being a Saiyan story centred around Goku, Vegeta, Broly, Freeza and their connected history. While Piccolo, Krillin and yes, Gohan would be nice to see, their presence isn't required for the type of story being told. We literally just got done with the Universe Survival Arc which gave the extended cast possibly the best showing they've had in at least two decades. And while it's easy to say Toriyama doesn't care about anyone other than Goku, Vegeta and Freeza (and Beerus and Whis and Bulma), it's worth noting he chose the lineup for the ToP, which was the same as the lineup for Res F but with Jaco swapped for the Androids. Basically, he can use a bigger cast when he wants to.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:24 am

I guess the question now is why didn't they get Roshi to take the field and show Broly how its done. :lol:

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:39 am

At least they're going with fusion dance tutoring consistent with the manga, where Piccolo helped demonstrate it too. Much better than in Fusion Reborn where Goku just showed it to Vegeta on his own (or Vegeta knew it all along, can't exactly remember)

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:20 am

Though I am still excited about Gogeta (and especially Goku & Vegeta going the Fusion dance specifically) I do feel a lot of what they are doing is too similar to movie 12. Only the Piccolo aspect sounds different and that so far is the part that sounds the most fun to me.

Heck even in movie 12 Gogeta fought Janemba in sort of another dimension.

And there is a Heroes card where Goku calls Vegeta which makes me think Goku will again be the one to suggest Fusion to Vegeta. But why not change it up and have it be Vegeta. He might not know the Fusion dance but he sees Goten & Trunks do it all the same.

They are going out out of their way to change things up with Broly. I wish they would change things more with Gogeta too.

Of course reading stuff is never as exciting as actually seeing it.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:24 am

Kinda disappointed, looks like another overly gag filled tensionless ROF 2 with plotpoints from M8 and M12.

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:59 am

vashter wrote:You guys bitching about plot of the movie, fucking enjoy the movie be happy there dragon ball still around lol, haven't seen this whining since the last movie Revival of F
that sounds like something a modern star wars fan would say. Even if the movies are shit, just enjoy it cause there's more of it.

I am not saying this movie will be bad, but people should have their own opinion and not like it just cause it's Dragon ball. I does sound like RoF tho and I am not happy about that. Sucks that I am not like Ajay who's mostly watching cause of the animations and art.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:07 am

There was originally 3 hours script for the movie but got cut down to 1 hours and 40 mins (is that right?) betcha those part got cut probably has goten, trunk, krillin, some others for a cameo just never know and it might end up manga with left over script or on tv series if they gonna make a long ass ep list for that before a new arc after broly

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:18 am

vashter wrote:There was originally 3 hours script for the movie but got cut down to 1 hours and 40 mins (is that right?) betcha those part got cut probably has goten, trunk, krillin, some others for a cameo just never know and it might end up manga with left over script or on tv series if they gonna make a long ass ep list for that before a new arc after broly
It could get a director's cut. Battle of Gods had one and it was almost 30 min longer than the theatrical one.

SuperNingenGod
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperNingenGod » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:48 am

I guess Whis interfering is mainly to cause distraction so that Goku and Geets can have enough time to perfect and perform the fusion dance. It would also seem Whis' UI is way more advanced or higher level than Goku's judging by how easily the former can toy around with a "at least" Jiren level foe.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:59 am

^Whis is just vastly stronger too. Remember he was able to KO Beerus with a single neck chop.
JazzMazz wrote:I guess the question now is why didn't they get Roshi to take the field and show Broly how its done. :lol:
He's too weak from No Fap November. :P

SuperNingenGod
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperNingenGod » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:10 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:^Whis is just vastly stronger too. Remember he was able to KO Beerus with a single neck chop.
JazzMazz wrote:I guess the question now is why didn't they get Roshi to take the field and show Broly how its done. :lol:
Yeah that too and to think Whis couldn't even touch Daishinkan in turn who himself was only ONE of the top 5 strongest in the multiverse :shock: . Our boys still have a long long way to go.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:14 am

SuperNingenGod wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:^Whis is just vastly stronger too. Remember he was able to KO Beerus with a single neck chop.
Yeah that too and to think Whis couldn't even touch Daishinkan in turn who himself was only ONE of the top 5 strongest in the multiverse :shock: . Our boys still have a long long way to go.
Not true, manga literally said Daishinkan is the strongest fighter. The top 5 is just some Toei fluff again.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:20 am

SuperNingenGod wrote:I guess Whis interfering is mainly to cause distraction so that Goku and Geets can have enough time to perfect and perform the fusion dance. It would also seem Whis' UI is way more advanced or higher level than Goku's judging by how easily the former can toy around with a "at least" Jiren level foe.
So Whis is the Pikkon of this movie?

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:21 am

Xeogran wrote:
Not true, manga literally said Daishinkan is the strongest fighter. The top 5 is just some Toei fluff again.
And that is just some Toyotaro fluff again.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:34 am

Saturnine wrote:At least they're going with fusion dance tutoring consistent with the manga, where Piccolo helped demonstrate it too. Much better than in Fusion Reborn where Goku just showed it to Vegeta on his own (or Vegeta knew it all along, can't exactly remember)
Goku taught Vegeta the fusion dance in fusion reborn, which isn't really a problem since he's shown as the guy who knows how to do the fusion, Vegeta even screwed up once and we got that fat Gogeta.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

Furiza

Post by Furiza » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:46 am

So still nothing about

1. Freeza's gag wish
2. If the truth about Beerus on planet Vegeta will come out
3. What happens to Shenron's 3rd wish
4. UI Gogeta or just blue
5. And most importantly... What about Paragus?

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Amir » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:14 am

Sounds like another ROF. Toriyama should just leave DB to someone else, he is disgraceful now.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:26 am

Amir wrote:Sounds like another ROF. Toriyama should just leave DB to someone else, he is disgraceful now.
I don't get how it even remotely sounds like ROF.
Feels over Reals.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:26 am

mute_proxy wrote:
Xeogran wrote:
And that is just some Toyotaro fluff again.
Since we only know of 12 universes, and Daishinkan is above all of their angels, I'm willing to believe Toyotaro more, than Toei mentioning some non-existent characters.

BrolySSJL
Not-So-Newbie

Post by BrolySSJL » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:27 am

Amir wrote:Sounds like another ROF. Toriyama should just leave DB to someone else, he is disgraceful now.
Agree.

He is not the same as before anymore.