Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:22 am

emperior wrote:
sintzu wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
I thought you said you were under the impression Evolution and Kaioken would show up? What makes you think they won't?
Because they're not on the character sheets we got.
Kaioken is a technique, it doesn’t have to be on the sheets. We also haven’t seen sheets for battle damaged Goku (or Vegeta) so it’s still too soon to say whether or not those forms will appear.
Yeah especially since Goku loses his blue shirt too so they'd definitely need sheets for battle damaged Goku.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:47 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
sintzu wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:Honestly, it makes me really mad that they have not shown any designs or even hints of SSBE, SSJ Blue Kaioken or even Ultra Instinct for that matter.

If Ultra Instinct Goku is not going to appear in this movie i won’t be watching it. Simple as that.
Kaioken and Blue evolution probably won't show up. UI is 50/50 at this point.

If that's the case you weren't going to watch it to begin with and this is just an excuse to justify it.
Please don’t put words into my mouth when you don’t know ANYTHING about me. Thanks.

Well i always WAS going to watch it. But not if they decide to troll us all by replacing MUI Goku with a stupid SSJ Blue Gogeta. And i think i know myself better than others do. I’m really eager to see this movie, but Ultra Instinct means the world to me. And as an incredible fanboy of it, i absolutely cannot let them go unpunished if they were to exclude him from the movie.
So you’re one of those fans who just cares for the transformations in dragon ball.
If you won’t see a movie because it lacks a form, you didn’t really care about the movie to begin with. The way i see it is, UI not showing up makes it even more of a special form. That way, when it does show up, it will feel that much for special. We don’t want UI to become another SSB.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:59 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
sintzu wrote:Kaioken and Blue evolution probably won't show up. UI is 50/50 at this point.

If that's the case you weren't going to watch it to begin with and this is just an excuse to justify it.
Please don’t put words into my mouth when you don’t know ANYTHING about me. Thanks.

Well i always WAS going to watch it. But not if they decide to troll us all by replacing MUI Goku with a stupid SSJ Blue Gogeta. And i think i know myself better than others do. I’m really eager to see this movie, but Ultra Instinct means the world to me. And as an incredible fanboy of it, i absolutely cannot let them go unpunished if they were to exclude him from the movie.
So you’re one of those fans who just cares for the transformations in dragon ball.
If you won’t see a movie because it lacks a form, you didn’t really care about the movie to begin with. The way i see it is, UI not showing up makes it even more of a special form. That way, when it does show up, it will feel that much for special. We don’t want UI to become another SSB.
That's another "we" you can count me out of. How come you always try to speak with a collective voice?

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:12 am

Simere wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote: Please don’t put words into my mouth when you don’t know ANYTHING about me. Thanks.

That's another "we" you can count me out of. How come you always try to speak with a collective voice?
Because it is “we”. You’re the minority when it comes to what i’ve seen about this topic. Many other don’t want UI to become a form like SSB thats always spammed which will make it lose its uniqueness. So going off of what I’ve seen, i’ll still say “we”.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:31 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Kaioken and Blue evolution probably won't show up. UI is 50/50 at this point.

And this goes for you too, don’t put words into my mouth. That said, does it really matter “WHY” i love a show or movie? We are all different fans for different reasons. Anyone can have any reason he or she prefers to be a fan of a show. There are NO objective rules or laws out there that state you have to be “this kind of fan” or “that kind of fan”. Anyone can be a fan of a show for whatever reason said individual choses. This is 100% subjective and personal. We are all 100% free. If i like Dragon Ball mainly for transformations, techniques, fights and powerscaling, than so be it. Does that make me a bad person? Does that make me any less of a fan? Hell no! Like i said. THERE ARE NO objective rules and standards floating around in space that determine what makes more or less of a fan.

Dragon Ball is a show mainly about fighting, strength, transformations etc. Why would one be considered “bad” for being attracted to exactly what Dragonball is??? That makes no sense.

Do i care about this movie other than MUI Goku? To a degree. It’s a canonical continuation where they bring in another “completely new” Saiyan with a different evolution. Beerus and Whis will appear, Vegeta gets a time to shine, ofcourse i’m interested in seeing all of these things too. So again, don’t speak for me. I can do that myself.

Beyond Newbie

Post by 1345521 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:30 am

Shaddy wrote:
1345521 wrote: You do realize Akira has said mutiple time toyotaro is the one he wants doing his manga? And the manga actually came out first. If you're talking about the films, they are totally differnt. Because the films are not the same as the tv anime as we saw with BoG and RoF. So the anime isn't the "main" continuity since manga and anime are INDEPEDENT of each other.
The pre-production of anime predates the manga by several months. Dragon Ball Super started life as an anime. It more than likely was another push by Bandai to market more transformations, characters and branding in video games and toys, the same way Dragon Ball Kai and the Heroes anime came to be produced, only with Toriyama himself stepping up to make the story. It takes longer to make episodes of a 22-minute anime series than one chapter of a monthy comic, and I see no reason to assume that the manga's first chapter was completed several months before it was even announced to be happening, and if it was, then I'd really have wished they used those extra months to get ahead or even just refine what already was. It is a simple fact that the manga is not where Super started, nor where most of the attention or money has gone.

Moreover, think about the way this stuff has been pushed and produced. If the manga was the main event, it would have come out first, it would be more heavily promoted than the anime, it probably would have been weekly rather than monthly, and it would be more universally liked. Regardless of your opinion, the fact that people thinking the manga compares terribly to the anime is even a discussion is a sign that something is up. That never happened with classic Dragon Ball.
1345521 wrote:Furthermore, we see this film has ssj god vegeta (manga idea)
As with before, this proves nothing. People were drawing Vegeta, Gohan, Broly and even Bardock in the Super Saiyan God transformation before Resurrection F came out. It's not an original idea and Toriyama using it after Toyotaro did doesn't mean he's suddenly "making the manga canon". That'd be like saying that using a SSJ3 Vegeta means Raging Blast is somehow going to play a part in the next part of the story.
1345521 wrote:and no appearence of kaioken nor evolution (anime fillers) so this may be the THIRD movie that's totally differnt then the anime.
So if Goku doesn't use a form, it doesn't exist? This is also making the massive assumtion that if absolutely everything from Super's anime isn't referenced in the movie, that the movie is somehow not canon to the anime. I'm sorry, but that's just ridiculous.
It seems you have something against the manga... :problem:
But anyway. That pre production stuff is headcanon. The fact is manga came out in June, the anime came out in July. The reason the manga wasn't a big deal is because toyotaro was going to just promote the movie while the anime was going to throughly re tell the movies... So take that as you may. But then once we got to the universe 6 arc, manga became indepent from the movies and did his own thing while toei did it's own thing.

A big crux of your argument is that popularity = canonitcity which is absloutly stupid. The bardock special is way more popular then db minus, it dosent mean it's objectively more canon. The db anime as a whole is more popular then the of db manga, does it mean it's more canon? Hahaha. And the db manga got as much promotion as the animes? Hahahah. Anime are always going to be bigger then mangas, most of the time. Animes are more powerful then mangas and pull more people into the franchise then mangas do. It's fact. So this idea that toei is more popular therefore more "canon" is just honestly the cries of toyotaro haters to slam on his work...though fair game cause I would do the same thing for toei is have had that amo. :lol:
But it dosent matter, I got better amo. Akira toriyama likes dbs manga way better then toei-trash super. So me and toyotaro are good. :D
Also I dissagree, the reason why there debate of manga vs anime is because they are largely differnt. Db manga and anime were more about the same just anime had filler. And MOST people preferred the anime over db manga. Many fans haven't even read the manga since we are content with the anime, which includes me...somewhat. I don't even both reading the manga because I got the anime (Z not trash Kai) to give me everything the manga did but with the benefits of being an anime plus with some extra cool fillers that bring an already great manga to life.
The bigger question is the fact you have such a LARGS COMMUNITY who don't like the supers anime but rather take on the manga version is really concering. The fact the manga is so popular in this fandom is a :!: since we got an anime. The dbs anime was so good, most people wouldn't even care about toyotaro. But the fact that toyotaro community is a loud vocal minority even though it's promoted as utterly irrelevant is concerning... No one really cared about db manga except to get accurate informTion in these debates. Because people were content with the show and satisfied. Not the case with supers anime...Hm...interesting :think: ... And imagine how better the anime of the manga and anime swapped places... LOOOOOLL. We get an adapted version of manga in anime, and the events of anime were comprised into manga..with the terrible art and writing etc. Hahahah, THE ANIME WOULD BE STEAM ROLLING THE MANGA and whoever who'd be writing that manga would have probably been fired already. Toei just got lucky they are toei, so they can get away with stuff Toyo can't. Ht hopefully that changes, an manga adaption and total dbs reboot here we come!

It seems like you DONT UNDERSTAND. Akir a toriyama is writing this movie, HE CAN WRITE IT HOWEVER THE HECK HE WANTS, and will personally review EVERYTHINF so toei dosent screw it up. If Akira wants to call back to something in super that goes beyond his notes, you think he'll use manga of anime? And the forms? Kaio-blue what? Evol..ution - what? Heck out of here. Mssj blue would probably make Akira more happy Nd would use that over the toei forms AND THERES NOTHING TOEI CAN DO TO STOP HIM. MuahahHa. If this movie refrences absolutely to nothing in anime "filler"...that's a good sign. But If not only that...we get. REFRENCE to MANGA FILLER...It's over... :twisted:
But let's wait for the movie and more information. :angel:

Edit: the reason I say somewhat, is because toyotaro is the first and only manga I read. So understanding his manga has made kind of gone back to his OFFICIAL predecessor (AS WELL AS HIS MANGA BEING THE OFFCIAL CONTINATUION OF THE DB MANGA) to understand more about the dbs manga. That's why if we had a ranking of just my favorite db rankings: it'd go like this:
Z
GT
Dbs manga
Db
OG db manga
Dbs Kai
Dbs anime
But obviously that's just my preference not what my objective ranking list. Point is this dbs manga has made me appcriate the old manga and like Akira, I hope we get back to anime adapting manga. Even if it means toei going on an entire reboot. Giving toyotaro a good 3 year head start. And I really hope this movie takes that next step in making it a reality.
Last edited by 1345521 on Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:41 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Please don’t put words into my mouth when you don’t know ANYTHING about me. Thanks.

Goku can't use Ultra Instinct at will. Even if the form doesn't appear in the movie, it'll show up later when the anime returns. I, for one, like it that way. When I first saw Super Saiyan Blue, I thought it looked cool, but then it was used for every single fight, and it got boring as I waited for Goku to inevitably discover a level beyond it. If Goku starts tapping into Ultra Instinct at will, it will get boring too.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:01 am

ZeroNeonix wrote:

Goku can't use Ultra Instinct at will. Even if the form doesn't appear in the movie, it'll show up later when the anime returns. I, for one, like it that way. When I first saw Super Saiyan Blue, I thought it looked cool, but then it was used for every single fight, and it got boring as I waited for Goku to inevitably discover a level beyond it. If Goku starts tapping into Ultra Instinct at will, it will get boring too.
Eventually Goku will truly master UI and start using it at will. The real problem with Blue was how much it started to be spammed after the FT arc. Before, it still kept its mystical status as Goku and Vegeta only used it as their ace up their sleeves. In fact it was only used against Freeza, Cabba (briefly), Hit, Trunks (thematically correct as Vegeta wanted to show him the ultimate power to motivate him) and Black/Future Zamasu.
At Toei they probably decided to spam Blue because they were aware it was going to be overshadowed by a new level of power.

Ultra Instinct appearing in the movie wouldn’t make it less special, unless it serves no purpose and Goku/Vegeta/whoever uses it gets easily beaten by Broly.
Even then, it will be up to Toei/Toriyama to keep Ultra Instinct’s status as the ultimate power, by not using it too much. Realistically, Goku should only use UI when pushed into a corner, when he is in a very dire situation.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:03 am

ZeroNeonix wrote:

Well if we’re using that logic, it’s going to get boring either way, so in my defense i rather have it happen sooner than later.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:13 am

emperior wrote:Eventually Goku will truly master UI and start using it at will. The real problem with Blue was how much it started to be spammed after the FT arc. Before, it still kept its mystical status as Goku and Vegeta only used it as their ace up their sleeves. In fact it was only used against Freeza, Cabba (briefly), Hit, Trunks (thematically correct as Vegeta wanted to show him the ultimate power to motivate him) and Black/Future Zamasu.
At Toei they probably decided to spam Blue because they were aware it was going to be overshadowed by a new level of power.

Ultra Instinct appearing in the movie wouldn’t make it less special, unless it serves no purpose and Goku/Vegeta/whoever uses it gets easily beaten by Broly.
Even then, it will be up to Toei/Toriyama to keep Ultra Instinct’s status as the ultimate power, by not using it too much. Realistically, Goku should only use UI when pushed into a corner, when he is in a very dire situation.
It's rather amazing that Blue has remained the flagship transformation for 3 years and 4 arcs, possibly 5 counting the movie. Even the new powers Goku and Vegeta gained in the anime and manga were just stronger variants of Blue. I guess it helps that Toriyama's still able to introduce new Super Saiyans and forms in each arc but is able to give them to someone besides the main characters.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:23 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
emperior wrote:Eventually Goku will truly master UI and start using it at will. The real problem with Blue was how much it started to be spammed after the FT arc. Before, it still kept its mystical status as Goku and Vegeta only used it as their ace up their sleeves. In fact it was only used against Freeza, Cabba (briefly), Hit, Trunks (thematically correct as Vegeta wanted to show him the ultimate power to motivate him) and Black/Future Zamasu.

It's rather amazing that Blue has remained the flagship transformation for 3 years and 4 arcs, possibly 5 counting the movie. Even the new powers Goku and Vegeta gained in the anime and manga were just stronger variants of Blue. I guess it helps that Toriyama's still able to introduce new Super Saiyans and forms in each arc but is able to give them to someone besides the main characters.
It is indeed truly remarkable how much Super Saiyan Blue has lasted as Goku and Vegeta’s stronger transformation. I don’t think anyone expected to see it last so many arcs. It will also be very important in the movie too for what we have seen so far, also taking into account Goku’s words in 131 about him not being able to use Ultra Instinct.
Blue (and God too) still has a very high status too, considering only Goku and Vegeta have it and they implied that even the super talented U6 Saiyans have a long way to go before they learn it. The God forms so far have been treated like a legendary transformation unlike Super Saiyan which was achieved by every Saiyan in the serie after Goku achieved it.
Last edited by emperior on Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:24 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:The way i see it is, UI not showing up makes it even more of a special form. That way, when it does show up, it will feel that much for special. We don’t want UI to become another SSB.
Exactly, I want UI to be as surprising and unpredictable as possible.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:52 am

I think eventually SSB is going to be phased out. In the conversation with the Oracle Fish, Whis mentioned that he didn't want Goku and Vegeta to use their SSJ forms as a crutch, because they hadn't mastered their Godly energy. They've only just started to understand it and have supplemented it with their SSJ form in order to have a more immediate gain in power. I believe Whis wants them to completely master and adapt their godly power so that Super Saiyan becomes completely unnecessary. In order to make their God form their strongest state. Besides UI. SSG should be the form they master. Instead they just skipped over it using Super Saiyan on top of it.

I think the reason why Vegeta is also seen in his God Form for this film is to help show that all these different transformations have become a detriment to them. They keep relying on one transformation after another and another and another, when they should only need the One that represents them at their absolute strongest. I do feel Whis wants them to master their God power instead of using SSJ as a crutch, so they can use that as the step they need in order to master UI.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Beyond Newbie

Post by 1345521 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:53 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:

Blue is a powerful form, if you're able to utilize its full power it makes you an candidate for god of destruction offers, and plus they are god forms so it won't be too easy to push them aside. Plus they are like the staple form of the franchise in terms of what they brought.
Db - base goku
Z - ssj goku
GT - ssj4 goku
Super - ssj blue goku
You know, so they are going to hold on to it. Plus with how much power god and blue hold, hard to dismiss them.

But onto an another topic, I'm really starting to warm up to this broly. I mean, broly has been my favorite character but super broly is really cool too. I like how sayain armor (or Freeza force armor). I enjoy his fur clothing as well, though I wonder how they are going to age him. Will he be the same age as goku like in the previous movies...or like will he be older? Idk. and do you think the ice place will take on earth like in movie 7 or on another planet, I assume another one since in the scene the planet looks like it's about to collapse.

You know, assuming broly has always been alive and well. When bulma ask supreme Kai about knowing other universes power level, as how supreme Kai he only checks with mortal level, he literally missed out on broly. Imagine how OP universe 7 would be if just got the strongest roster (ignore actual logistics)
Goku
Vegeta
Gohan
Frieza
Goten
Trunks
Broly
Buu
Piccolo
Our universe would be SO OP.
I'm really holing this movie produces on sensible power scailing. Old Akira made power scaile work, old toei did as well and so does toyotaro. So I'll really expecting toei to come through in that department so we can gage how strong each broly form is.

Beyond Newbie

Post by 1345521 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:58 am

Zelvin wrote:I think eventually SSB is going to be phased out. In the conversation with the Oracle Fish, Whis mentioned that he didn't want Goku and Vegeta to use their SSJ forms as a crutch, because they hadn't mastered their Godly energy. They've only just started to understand it and have supplemented it with their SSJ form in order to have a more immediate gain in power. I believe Whis wants them to completely master and adapt their godly power so that Super Saiyan becomes completely unnecessary. In order to make their God form their strongest state. Besides UI. SSG should be the form they master. Instead they just skipped over it using Super Saiyan on top of it.

I think the reason why Vegeta is also seen in his God Form for this film is to help show that all these different transformations have become a detriment to them. They keep relying on one transformation after another and another and another, when they should only need the One that represents them at their absolute strongest. I do feel Whis wants them to master their God power instead of using SSJ as a crutch, so they can use that as the step they need in order to master UI.
I think you're looking way into that. The reason ssj god vegeta is on the movie is because his CHOSEN ONE SUCESSOR, toyotaro, came up with the idea and he supervised it. So he probably saw Nicely it was excuted in the manga so he put it into his movie and story. That thing whis said about not needing ssj forms was an toei-only filler and probably won't play any relevance into the movie. Plus whis also said they needed to raise their base power without transforming, and that led to nowhere and was contradicted heavily in the ToP as goku used all the forms in the book and whis didn't seem to care at all

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:24 pm

1345521 wrote: I think you're looking way into that. The reason ssj god vegeta is on the movie is because his CHOSEN ONE SUCESSOR, toyotaro, came up with the idea and he supervised it. So he probably saw Nicely it was excuted in the manga so he put it into his movie and story. That thing whis said about not needing ssj forms was an toei-only filler and probably won't play any relevance into the movie. Plus whis also said they needed to raise their base power without transforming, and that led to nowhere and was contradicted heavily in the ToP as goku used all the forms in the book and whis didn't seem to care at all
SSG was already a thing before Toyataro. Sure, Toya put SSG Vegeta in the manga first, but since we already knew you needed to have SSG before SSB, there hadn't been any reason for Vegeta to show it off before now. All their doing in the new movie is what Goku was doing against Jiren. They're just testing the waters and raising their abilities one level up each time. Which also means we're likely to skip over SS3 since even Goku knows it'll be pointless to use it.

And not sure why you try to claim that the anime has filler when the Anime is the Main Canon in this instance, not Toyataro's manga. We get that you like the Manga more, but that's not the primary influence here. Also, Whis never contradicted what he was thinking during the ToP. He was just explaining things to the other gods and Angels what Goku and co were doing, since they didn't know about these forms.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Beyond Newbie

Post by 1345521 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:42 pm

Zelvin wrote:
1345521 wrote: I think you're looking way into that. The reason ssj god vegeta is on the movie is because his CHOSEN ONE SUCESSOR, toyotaro, came up with the idea and he supervised it. So he probably saw Nicely it was excuted in the manga so he put it into his movie and story. That thing whis said about not needing ssj forms was an toei-only filler and probably won't play any relevance into the movie. Plus whis also said they needed to raise their base power without transforming, and that led to nowhere and was contradicted heavily in the ToP as goku used all the forms in the book and whis didn't seem to care at all
SSG was already a thing before Toyataro. Sure, Toya put SSG Vegeta in the manga first, but since we already knew you needed to have SSG before SSB, there hadn't been any reason for Vegeta to show it off before now. All their doing in the new movie is what Goku was doing against Jiren. They're just testing the waters and raising their abilities one level up each time. Which also means we're likely to skip over SS3 since even Goku knows it'll be pointless to use it.

And not sure why you try to claim that the anime has filler when the Anime is the Main Canon in this instance, not Toyataro's manga. We get that you like the Manga more, but that's not the primary influence here. Also, Whis never contradicted what he was thinking during the ToP. He was just explaining things to the other gods and Angels what Goku and co were doing, since they didn't know about these forms.
This movie isn't a joint effort. It's an Akira Orginal story being adapted, they are testing jack sqaut other then what Akira says in his story board. And you say ssj3 is skipped, so is ssj2 so what's your point?

The anime is the main canon? In what universe, this movie has no sheets for evolution or kaioken blue while it's already using ssj god vegeta. Plus Akira is the one creating this story, I doubt he gives a sqaut to include any toei fillers. He's more likely to include manga filers then toei fillers. But most likely he's going to use NEITHER fillers and just use his plot outlines for the arc. And it would really suck if he calls back on an outline toei decided to omit from their anime (*COUGH* ssj black and defusing of merged zamsu *COUGH* *COUGH*).

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:56 pm

DB Super don't have fillers.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:06 pm

I don't know how it's a discussion that the movie is a continuation of the anime since it was already stated that it is a continuation of the anime.
Here's what Emperior ALREADY posted on this thread. Can this stop being a Anime vs Manga discussion already?!
emperior wrote:If it wasn’t already obvious by Goku’s words in the trailer, the fact the movie is animated and produced by Toei and the fact that the manga Tournament of Power isn’t over yet and that Toyotaro will do his own version of the movie, here’s further confirmation that the movie is indeed a continuation of the Dragon Ball Super anime: https://mantan-web.jp/article/20180723d ... 3000c.html

Here is the translation from Google Translate, and it is actually quite accurate.

“The first bullet advance ticket of theatrical version animation "Dragon Ball Super (Super) Brolly" (director Takeshi Nagamine, released December 14), which is the 20th work of popular anime "Dragon Ball" originally written by Toriyama Akira, It was released on Wednesday, and it sold about 24,000 sheets in 3 days, it became clear on 23rd. In 2-day sales from the sale, it was a record of 207.2% of "236.7% of" Dragon Ball Z God and God "(released in 2013)" F "of Dragon Ball Z Resurrection" (released in 15 years).

The movie version is an episode following the TV animation "Dragon Ball Super", Toriyama also worked on screenplay and character design. The "legendary super saiyan" 's bellie stood in front of Son Goku, furthermore the history of the freeza army and the Saiyan figure is painted.

The first bullet ticket has "super god (God) change strap" of Goku or Vegeta of cold weather clothing.”

It is also nice to see they have already sold more than twice the amount of pre-sale tickets BoG and RoF sold respectively. The english trailer has also racked up more than 6 million of views on YouTube alone, so the movie is already shaping up to be a big success!
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:12 pm

emperior wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:

It is indeed truly remarkable how much Super Saiyan Blue has lasted as Goku and Vegeta’s stronger transformation. I don’t think anyone expected to see it last so many arcs. It will also be very important in the movie too for what we have seen so far, also taking into account Goku’s words in 131 about him not being able to use Ultra Instinct.
Blue (and God too) still has a very high status too, considering only Goku and Vegeta have it and they implied that even the super talented U6 Saiyans have a long way to go before they learn it. The God forms so far have been treated like a legendary transformation unlike Super Saiyan which was achieved by every Saiyan in the serie after Goku achieved it.
The overwhelming popularity of SSGSS and it being the mascot form for modern DB isn't too surprising. I think it has been for two reasons, people fed up off SS after all these years of it and blue just visually being more better looking than yellow. Yellow I think isn't very visually appealing especially since a lot of blonde people exist in real life. But red/blue/pink/silver it genuinely feels like the characters have reached a new form, if you get what I mean.

Ultra Instinct, however, looks like it is taking SSGSS popularity to another level! Holy crap man each month the form keeps going from strength to strength it is honestly insane! Since SSGSS didn't lose the "new form shine" I fully expect UI to keep being popular and we'll see it again sooner rather than later (Still hoping in the movie!)

I think the popularity and success of SSGSS (SSR) and UI over the likes of SS3/4 prove that people simply prefer simplicity over complexity, the little SS3 merch we do get is because it is one of Nakazawa's favourite forms (SS4 being another and SSGSS w/ RF outfits).