Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:18 am

Someone might have already thought about this, but what if Broly had a form that wasn't shown at Comic-Con (like how UI and SSGSSE were absent for Goku and Vegeta's designs) that allows him to obtain mastery over his power similar to Kale's form when she gained mastery over her power that could be potent enough to force out SSGSSE Vegeta and then UI Goku?

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:33 am

dbgtFO wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote: Assuming the reason Broly goes after Vegeta first in the trailer is because he hates the royals this time like Paragus did (AND how broly was originally meant to apparently)[...]
Where did you get that idea?
We know details of Broly are being shuffled. Paragus hating Vegeta was a thing here, and in the trailer, Broly goes immediately for Vegeta over Goku. Obviously Goku will be his final opponent but it looks less like it's to do with crying babies, especially when the shots of the babies have no crying and there's a third pod.

Like I said, assuming we take what is presented at face value, Goku doesn't look like the major target for Broly. Frankly, I'd prefer this.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:34 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:For those unsure when to evacuate the forums and what not, I advise November. The Movie Ichiban Kuji begins early December, which means the two mysterious characters will be formally revealed before and likely in November's V Jump.
Which ones?
This. More newcomers or is it them goku parents?
I don't know. It wouldn't be mysterious if that were known now would it?

All I know is they're currently labelled as:
"劇場版新キャラクターA"
"劇場版新キャラクターB"

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:48 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:
Which ones?

"劇場版新キャラクターA"
"劇場版新キャラクターB"
No silhouettes or art to depict them in any way??

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:53 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:

"劇場版新キャラクターA"
"劇場版新キャラクターB"
Not yet. Next week is when the Broly and Goku figures should get revealed so we'll see what happens with these two.

UI Goku did have silhouettes, so a chance these two might or they may just straight up oval blank them.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:58 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: I don't know. It wouldn't be mysterious if that were known now would it?

"劇場版新キャラクターA"
"劇場版新キャラクターB"
Not yet. Next week is when the Broly and Goku figures should get revealed so we'll see what happens with these two.

UI Goku did have silhouettes, so a chance these two might or they may just straight up oval blank them.
there was that feminine shape for Kefla last I check, it just lacked the hair really. Hopefully it will at least give us SOME indication of who it is. I'm betting on Bardock and Gine, but I'm hoping to be surprised

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:14 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote: Assuming the reason Broly goes after Vegeta first in the trailer is because he hates the royals this time like Paragus did (AND how broly was originally meant to apparently)[...]
Where did you get that idea?
We know details of Broly are being shuffled. Paragus hating Vegeta was a thing here, and in the trailer, Broly goes immediately for Vegeta over Goku. Obviously Goku will be his final opponent but it looks less like it's to do with crying babies, especially when the shots of the babies have no crying and there's a third pod.

Like I said, assuming we take what is presented at face value, Goku doesn't look like the major target for Broly. Frankly, I'd prefer this.
It seems less like Broly going for Vegeta first and more like Vegeta getting in front to make sure he's the first to fight, plus it's accompanied by Paragus ordering Broly
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:17 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:

there was that feminine shape for Kefla last I check, it just lacked the hair really. Hopefully it will at least give us SOME indication of who it is. I'm betting on Bardock and Gine, but I'm hoping to be surprised
That wasn’t a silhouette of Kefla at all though. That was more like Toriyama’s concept art for Controlled SSJ Kale minus her hair to make it a mystery. The actually figure did not resemble the silhouette and it even said that the character wouldn’t resemble the silhouette.

Anyways, according to Baggie_Saiyan, we’ll be able to tell whether the hidden characters are just transformations for either Goku, Vegeta, and Broly, (what about Freeza though?). We’ll also be able to tell if the hidden characters are fusions or just new characters. I don’t really know if you can consider Bardock and Gine “new” characters.

I hope the hidden characters surprise me as well. Although I have a feeling at least one of them is Gogeta.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:21 am

Kanassa wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Where did you get that idea?

It seems less like Broly going for Vegeta first and more like Vegeta getting in front to make sure he's the first to fight, plus it's accompanied by Paragus ordering Broly
Where do we see Vegeta being at the front? the only shot before that is geets stood to goku's right and Broly goes for him. There's not been a single KAKAROT!!!! And Paragus told him to not let his dreams be dreams, not 'go kill that specific guy.' Like I said, it's entirely possible this time Vegeta is the target over Goku, and given the nature of what we know that this is a reshuffle, theres possibility the royal family's actions against Broly have done the logical thing and Vegeta is not the collateral damage he was before. As I said though, based on assumption of what we've seen so far. I'm willing to be wrong if shown as such when the film comes out but lack of KAKAROTTO!!!! leads me to believe that that god awful plot point is gone.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:24 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Not yet. Next week is when the Broly and Goku figures should get revealed so we'll see what happens with these two.

That wasn’t a silhouette of Kefla at all though.
There was a foreshadowin via a feminine silhouette that bore her shape but was bald, there was even jokes on here it was a girl Jiren. At the time, episode spoilers were up mentioning Kefla, so we ran with the girl frame as the basis for the correct theory the new reveal was Kefla. The shape was there but incomplete.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:31 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Not yet. Next week is when the Broly and Goku figures should get revealed so we'll see what happens with these two.

That wasn’t a silhouette of Kefla at all though. That was more like Toriyama’s concept art for Controlled SSJ Kale minus her hair to make it a mystery. The actually figure did not resemble the silhouette and it even said that the character wouldn’t resemble the silhouette.

Anyways, according to Baggie_Saiyan, we’ll be able to tell whether the hidden characters are just transformations for either Goku, Vegeta, and Broly, (what about Freeza though?). We’ll also be able to tell if the hidden characters are fusions or just new characters. I don’t really know if you can consider Bardock and Gine “new” characters.

I hope the hidden characters surprise me as well. Although I have a feeling at least one of them is Gogeta.
For WCFs we will be able to tell (if there are blank characters in that), those will get revealed next week too. But Ichiban Kuji is a different ball game since ratio's for Ichiban Kuji figures are always between 1&2 so no way we'll be able to tell anything unless they release a silhouette.

(The UI WCF was straight blanked, but the Ichiban Kuji had the silhouette.)

The odds of these hidden characters being Saiyan are high since the last non Saiyan to be in an Ichiban Kuji was Freeza back in September 2015 we've had about 14 (yes 14!) Ichiban Kuji's since then with all figures Saiyans.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:57 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote: there was that feminine shape for Kefla last I check, it just lacked the hair really. Hopefully it will at least give us SOME indication of who it is. I'm betting on Bardock and Gine, but I'm hoping to be surprised
That wasn’t a silhouette of Kefla at all though.
There was a foreshadowin via a feminine silhouette that bore her shape but was bald, there was even jokes on here it was a girl Jiren. At the time, episode spoilers were up mentioning Kefla, so we ran with the girl frame as the basis for the correct theory the new reveal was Kefla. The shape was there but incomplete.
No, we didn't call Kafla. We had the image of the figure for a couple weeks before we got wind of Kafla, and very few people were predicting it would be them to fuse. The prevailing theories were that it would be Damon and Gamisaras, the U3 robots or the U6 Namekians. More people said it would be Zeno's mom than Kafla.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:59 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:

For WCFs we will be able to tell (if there are blank characters in that), those will get revealed next week too. But Ichiban Kuji is a different ball game since ratio's for Ichiban Kuji figures are always between 1&2 so no way we'll be able to tell anything unless they release a silhouette.

(The UI WCF was straight blanked, but the Ichiban Kuji had the silhouette.)

The odds of these hidden characters being Saiyan are high since the last non Saiyan to be in an Ichiban Kuji was Freeza back in September 2015 we've had about 14 (yes 14!) Ichiban Kuji's since then with all figures Saiyans.
Questions:

1.You said that for WCF, if a blank character is over ratio’d but it is Broly, Goku, or Vegeta, they’d have their name labeled. What about Freeza? Would he have his name labeled too?

2. The next WCF is getting revealed next week. What about the Ichiban Kuji? When does that get revealed?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:00 am

Simere wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: That wasn’t a silhouette of Kefla at all though.
No, we didn't call Kafla. We had the image of the figure for a couple weeks before we got wind of Kafla, and very few people were predicting it would be them to fuse. The prevailing theories were that it would be Damon and Gamisaras, the U3 robots or the U6 Namekians. More people said it would be Zeno's mom than Kafla.
What I'm saying is that, that wasn’t even a silhouette of Kafla. That silhouette resembled Controlled Berserk Kale from Toriyama’s concept art or a Hit with no jacket.

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:01 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:
Which ones?

"劇場版新キャラクターA"
"劇場版新キャラクターB"
Gogeta Blue and Gogeta UI

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:13 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Simere wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote: There was a foreshadowin via a feminine silhouette that bore her shape but was bald, there was even jokes on here it was a girl Jiren. At the time, episode spoilers were up mentioning Kefla, so we ran with the girl frame as the basis for the correct theory the new reveal was Kefla. The shape was there but incomplete.
What I'm saying is that, that wasn’t even a silhouette of Kafla. That silhouette resembled Controlled Berserk Kale from Toriyama’s concept art or a Hit with no jacket.
Except it blatantly did look more like Kefla because it lacked Kale's skirt and seemed to be wearing form fitting pants

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:16 am

Simere wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: That wasn’t a silhouette of Kefla at all though.
And yet people were still on here putting two and two together that this new character was most likely going to be Kefla as Kefla was shown in episode spoilers soon after, which turned out right.

Yes people were saying other things, but then we came to logical conclusions

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:24 am

AnimeNation101 wrote: Questions:

1.You said that for WCF, if a blank character is over ratio’d but it is Broly, Goku, or Vegeta, they’d have their name labeled. What about Freeza? Would he have his name labeled too?

2. The next WCF is getting revealed next week. What about the Ichiban Kuji? When does that get revealed?
1. Yes, Freeza will have his name labelled too, for the ToP WCF Golden Freeza was blanked but was labelled as "Golden Freeza".

2. Ichiban Kuji stock images should be revealed next week or in a few weeks (unless they're planning to play it really safe).

By Stock images I mean like this (from October Ichiban Kuji).

As opposed to the detailed sheets w/ reveal of smaller prizes (we won't get these until later).

(I posted stock images of the October IBK June 13th and the detailed sheets on July 5th.)
Last edited by Baggie_Saiyan on Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:27 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Simere wrote:No, we didn't call Kafla. We had the image of the figure for a couple weeks before we got wind of Kafla, and very few people were predicting it would be them to fuse. The prevailing theories were that it would be Damon and Gamisaras, the U3 robots or the U6 Namekians. More people said it would be Zeno's mom than Kafla.
And yet people were still on here putting two and two together that this new character was most likely going to be Kefla as Kefla was shown in episode spoilers soon after, which turned out right.

Yes people were saying other things, but then we came to logical conclusions
I mean, yeah, when the answer was given to us we sure knew what we were talking about.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:30 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Simere wrote: No, we didn't call Kafla. We had the image of the figure for a couple weeks before we got wind of Kafla, and very few people were predicting it would be them to fuse. The prevailing theories were that it would be Damon and Gamisaras, the U3 robots or the U6 Namekians. More people said it would be Zeno's mom than Kafla.
Except it blatantly did look more like Kefla because it lacked Kale's skirt and seemed to be wearing form fitting pants
No. The silhouette was literally taken from this drawing of Kale and was then edited to make the character more mysterious.

It looked WAY more like Kale. The give away is that Kefla is a way smaller character. The silhouette is just Kale minus the hair and skirt (the shorts are already skin-tight so no need to change those). They edited Kale to make the character appear more like a shadow