Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:21 am

ArchedThunder wrote:Super panel at SDCC

Thursday, July 19 • 2:15pm - 3:15pm (pacific)
"English voice actors for Goku and Vegeta, Sean Schemmel and Christopher Sabat, talk all things Dragon Ball -and reveal never-before-seen material for the new movie. Don't miss some special surprise appearances, too."

Might be where they show the trailer for the first time
Just like with the teaser trailer, looks like we'll be getting the first official trailer in English subtitles before it officially hits Japan. It'll be 6:15 AM on the 20th in Japan when the SDCC panel starts, so that seems too early to release a trailer in Japan. Meaning that the trailer probably will be revealed at the SDCC panel first. Pre-sale tickets go on sale on the 20th in Japan, so we'll also see the official movie website get an update on the same day as the trailer.

I can't wait. As much as I'm enjoying these small updates with character designs here and there, I need to know more about the story, who the antagonist is, what the poster looks like and a sneak peek of the film itself from the trailer. The 20th can't come sooner.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:13 am

I hope we get the villain revealed right at the end of the trailer and the rest of the trailer being out of context shots.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:30 am

It could very well be we aren't going to know an awful lot more. First trailers can be marginal.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:32 am

Chuquita wrote: I hope it's a subbed trailer; part of me's vaguely concerned it's gonna be a dub trailer if they're showing it at something as mainstream as SDCC.
Nothing to worry about. Even if it was dubbed, the sub version would be uploaded right away on the official Toei JP youtube channel.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:58 am

Mister_Popo wrote:It could very well be we aren't going to know an awful lot more. First trailers can be marginal.
The first trailers for BoG and F gave us a decent idea of the plots for those films.
FortuneSSJ wrote:
Chuquita wrote: I hope it's a subbed trailer; part of me's vaguely concerned it's gonna be a dub trailer if they're showing it at something as mainstream as SDCC.
Nothing to worry about. Even if it was dubbed, the sub version would be uploaded right away on the official Toei JP youtube channel.
It actually look a little bit for the teaser to be released in Japan, so who knows with the trailer.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:08 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
Mister_Popo wrote:It could very well be we aren't going to know an awful lot more. First trailers can be marginal.
The first trailers for BoG and F gave us a decent idea of the plots for those films.
Well, i hope so, but i'd rather keep my expectations low. They are probably going to save the best "spoilers' for the final three months before the movie.
If they gave away everything now, what is there to tease the coming months?

What we could get is for instance a very fast paced shot of the fight, where the villain is still not completely clear.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:10 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if they did reveal the villain beforehand. They did with Beerus, didn't they?

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:11 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if they did reveal the villain beforehand. They did with Beerus, didn't they?
I honestly cannot think of a shonen anime film that didn't flaunt the big bad like a national flag during promotion.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:45 pm

I think we'll likely see the villain first in leaked V-Jump images a day or so before the trailer (assuming we get the trailer on the 19th), but the "official" reveal will be in said trailer.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:36 pm

I do wonder what Gohan's role in the movie will be? :think:
Caulifla best girl! :)

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:55 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:I do wonder what Gohan's role in the movie will be? :think:
the return to the fights, I hope than gohan get a better participation or at least acceptable

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:03 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:I do wonder what Gohan's role in the movie will be? :think:
Easy

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/PoisedWhimsic ... ax-1mb.gif

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:19 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
Easy

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/PoisedWhimsic ... ax-1mb.gif
That is just wrong man.
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:Super panel at SDCC

Thursday, July 19 • 2:15pm - 3:15pm (pacific)
"English voice actors for Goku and Vegeta, Sean Schemmel and Christopher Sabat, talk all things Dragon Ball -and reveal never-before-seen material for the new movie. Don't miss some special surprise appearances, too."

Might be where they show the trailer for the first time
Just like with the teaser trailer, looks like we'll be getting the first official trailer in English subtitles before it officially hits Japan. It'll be 6:15 AM on the 20th in Japan when the SDCC panel starts, so that seems too early to release a trailer in Japan. Meaning that the trailer probably will be revealed at the SDCC panel first. Pre-sale tickets go on sale on the 20th in Japan, so we'll also see the official movie website get an update on the same day as the trailer.

I can't wait. As much as I'm enjoying these small updates with character designs here and there, I need to know more about the story, who the antagonist is, what the poster looks like and a sneak peek of the film itself from the trailer. The 20th can't come sooner.

I just can't wait for the 20th to come as well.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:25 pm

From ArchedThunder himself https://mobile.twitter.com/ArchedThunde ... 8735551488

Trailer confirmed. And we’ll even be getting more than one throughout the DB North American tour!
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:37 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:From ArchedThunder himself https://mobile.twitter.com/ArchedThunde ... 8735551488

Trailer confirmed. And we’ll even be getting more than one throughout the DB North American tour!
JazzMazz shared this press release a few pages back. It was released back in May, but we didn't find out about it until last month. It's crazy how we never noticed it until way later.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:43 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:From ArchedThunder himself https://mobile.twitter.com/ArchedThunde ... 8735551488

JazzMazz shared this press release a few pages back. It was released back in May, but we didn't find out about it until last month. It's crazy how we never noticed it until way later.
Lol, wow
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:26 pm

Huh? I thought we already knew this a long time back. I said that the db tour 2018 will have the trailer and San Diego is the first stop. Everyone who is thinking it will be at AX 2018 doesn't know what they are talking about.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:50 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:Huh? I thought we already knew this a long time back. I said that the db tour 2018 will have the trailer and San Diego is the first stop. Everyone who is thinking it will be at AX 2018 doesn't know what they are talking about.
No one said that they were expecting a trailer at AX (not in this forum, at least). Because of the giant DBS movie banner at AX, I was expecting some kind of news relating to its release in the US, like an official announcement of its release date in theatres.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:27 am

Sorry for double posting, but Sumitomo has confirmed that he’s doing the score for the film. I really enjoyed his work in the Universe Survival arc, so I’m excited to see what he brings to this film.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:50 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Sorry for double posting, but Sumitomo has confirmed that he’s doing the score for the film. I really enjoyed his work in the Universe Survival arc, so I’m excited to see what he brings to this film.
Yes!!!! This is great news! Norihito Sumitomo NEVER dissapoints! He truly is the saviour for the japanese score, which, has always been bad terribly bad in my honest opinion.