The possibility of Zamasu's return

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

The possibility of Zamasu's return

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:39 pm

So, i was thinking, if Super does come back after the Saiyan movie, how likely would a return of Zamasu be (when i'm talking about Zamasu, i'm also referring to Goku Black)?

I ask this because Zamasu is one of the most popular characters that Super has ever introduced. They brought back Frieza (thrice, i might add) because he was an iconic and popular villain, so logically it would make sense to bring back Zamasu too, who had a huge impact on the fandom; for example, he is the source of some of the most popular memes of modern Dragon Ball, so he is quite popular. Black is also one of the most played characters in the videogame Dragon Ball: FIghterz and ep. 47, which features the debut of Black, is the episode with the highest ratings in all of Super. So i think there is a good part of the fandom who would like to see Zamasu (either as Black or as his Fusion) again in the series.

It would be cool if Universe 7 won the Tournament of Power and their wish were to bring back all creatures and universes erased by the two Omni-Kings. This would inevitably bring back Infinite Zamasu too, since he was erased by Future Zen-Oh.

I would personally love if Zamasu came back, since (aside from the fact he's my absolute favourite character in Dragon Ball) he was the most succesful villain in the franchise (stole Goku's body, obtained immortality, became the Universe, etc...) and it took the Omni-King himself to put an end to his madness (and he had to erase the entire Future multiverse to do so). He was also the villain with the highest body-count in the entire franchise. So i think it would be very interesting if we saw more of him in the future.

But i won't be angry if Zamasu ultimately doesn't come back in a future arc/series. It is just a dream of mine. I'm happy that at least he was referenced twice in this current arc, so the writers haven't completely forgotten about him.

Spider-Man
Regular

Re: The possibility of Zamasu's return

Post by Spider-Man » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:53 pm

It would be interesting to see him returning since most of the villain except Frieza never return but then again I highly doubt Zamasu came back at least he was mention in the current arc.
Last edited by Spider-Man on Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:10 pm

No more re-using villains, some originality would be nice. The only exception I have to this is if they do a situation like Freeza where they team up together since that’s pretty new and interesting.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:43 pm

I can't imagine them bringing him back again as a main villain, but I could picture an alternate Zamasu doing something to cause trouble for Goku and Vegeta that would lead into the next story arc.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:50 pm

At first I low-key expected there to be an "Erased world" arc where our heroes somehow regain consciousness after U7 loses and gets erased, and team up with every other Universe to get back, meeting Zamasu and Black there too, who have no choice but to assist them.

But since Super is ending this isn't happening. And I'm not sure how believable this idea would be anyway. Although, it wouldn't be the first time I'd see the plot protect heroes from an absolute erasure in fiction.

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:07 pm

I don't want them re-using villains. They already use Freeza too much and I'd hate the idea of Cell returning.

So it's the same with Zamasu.
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:52 pm

The series is going to end soon, so no. The chance of him coming back now are lower then a snakes belly.

The future....who knows but again its unlikely.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:06 pm

I want Goku Black back, not Zamasu. It's the former who's the most popular original Super character, besides Hit. =P
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:09 pm

Zero chance.

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:51 am

Zamasu is the best new character I've seen but judging by how hard they dropped the ball with Jiren.. they have to be original and bring in a real antagonist with an actual personality just to redeem themselves a bit.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:28 am

Villain reuse is theatrical movie, GT and game territory, I'd much rather that it stayed outside of the main series.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:41 am

Seeing how powerful Universal Zamasu became in the end they could have easily written something. Or he story of the Alternate Zamasu in Trunks' new time suddenly appearing before the heroes with Trunks' sword broken in his hand for some ominous cliffhanger and opener to another arc.

But I doubt we will ever see any Zamasu again.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:43 am

Saturnine wrote:Villain reuse is theatrical movie, GT and game territory.
And the main series.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:05 am

Neither Zamasu or Black can never appear again unless they redeem themselves (which would only work with present Zamasu by the way).

The only way they may reappear it's with an ova centered on their past.

Either that or a new db series with Ft Trunks as a time patrol. I could see them being antagonists in these kind of stories.

thegamer23
Beyond Newbie

Post by thegamer23 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:36 am

I would love to see a return, of Black in particular. (wich is still Zamasu but, you know, much more interesting).

Maybe something related to the dimensional cut that Black made with the Schyte. Maybe he cloned himself & projected into another dimension.. (Demon Realm?)

I mean, if they want to, they will find a solution to bring him back.
But i find it unlikely, even if the Merchandising figures+Games seems to suggest that Black is one of the most popular carachters out there.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:02 am

To be honest, bringing old villains back is not always a bad thing, because even though it can be redundant, it can also open up a lot of gripping new storylines. Consider Frieza, who has returned thrice, and yet who is making the Tournament of Power interesting and entertaining with his secret plan to dominate the Gods. Without Frieza, this arc would be 100% more boring. And now, with the Future Trunks' arc finally appearing in the English Dub, Black and Zamasu will be in the spotlight and their popularity will increase even more.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:00 pm

It's never going to happen, nor should it happen. Zamasu had his time in the sun, but it's time for new antagonists to be introduced if Dragon Ball's story will continue.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:47 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:It's never going to happen, nor should it happen. Zamasu had his time in the sun, but it's time for new antagonists to be introduced if Dragon Ball's story will continue.
So it's fine for Frieza to return thrice but it's heresy if Zamasu returns for the first time? Where is it written that a new antagonist is -NECESSARY- for the story to continue? Did the story of Dragon Ball not continue when Frieza came back as Mecha Frieza?

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:49 pm

It would be a game Breaker if he possess Zeno, how is that possible right now.
Mostly active on discord.