if super comes back again than they really need to...

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lujin_16
Regular

if super comes back again than they really need to...

Post by Lujin_16 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:52 am

introduce a villain/s :thumbup: do something fresh and new just like they did with the Black Goku Arc

SsjCookie
Beyond Newbie

Re: if super comes back again than they really need to...

Post by SsjCookie » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:09 am

Make it more serious, Super was too mellow for my taste. (with the exception of the Zamasu arc.)

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:47 am

It's a bit hard to come up with stronger and stronger villains while also having their power justified, you know. That's why Super didn't do it, except for Zamasu/Black (which was very creative). GT never gave a shit and we got characters that were way too strong than they had any business being for their status in the universal order, that's why I'd really like them to think hard about this.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:20 pm

Yeah they would have to come uo eith rather creative and convoluted ways to find villians who's strength is believable. (Which i think Super did well thus far) And I would like to see them go past EOZ for a more fresh feeling. (And to have goten and trunks finally grown up)

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:13 pm

Saturnine wrote:It's a bit hard to come up with stronger and stronger villains while also having their power justified, you know. That's why Super didn't do it, except for Zamasu/Black (which was very creative). GT never gave a shit and we got characters that were way too strong than they had any business being for their status in the universal order, that's why I'd really like them to think hard about this.
PFM18 wrote:Yeah they would have to come uo eith rather creative and convoluted ways to find villians who's strength is believable. (Which i think Super did well thus far) And I would like to see them go past EOZ for a more fresh feeling. (And to have goten and trunks finally grown up)
Are you guys forgetting Jiren? the mortal who surpassed the realm of the GoDs by simply training despite not being a prodigy or possessing neither god ki and hakai energy. For all we know the next villain could come along and be stronger than MUI and the only explanation for this could be that he "trained"

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:23 pm

shadd21 wrote:
Saturnine wrote:It's a bit hard to come up with stronger and stronger villains while also having their power justified, you know. That's why Super didn't do it, except for Zamasu/Black (which was very creative). GT never gave a shit and we got characters that were way too strong than they had any business being for their status in the universal order, that's why I'd really like them to think hard about this.
PFM18 wrote:Yeah they would have to come uo eith rather creative and convoluted ways to find villians who's strength is believable. (Which i think Super did well thus far) And I would like to see them go past EOZ for a more fresh feeling. (And to have goten and trunks finally grown up)
Are you guys forgetting Jiren? the mortal who surpassed the realm of the GoDs by simply training despite not being a prodigy or possessing neither god ki and hakai energy. For all we know the next villain could come along and be stronger than MUI and the only explanation for this could be that he "trained"
I don't find it entirely unbelievable that among the 8 lower universes there's one of them that managed to reach that level of power. It makes sense that the strongest mortal in the multiverse would be at about his strength level. And especially for somebody who dedicates their entire life to becoming stronger. IIRC then it was implied at one point that he trained with the angel/GoD in that universe.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:43 pm

I know it escapes the conventions of Dragon Ball but we could always have a villain that's typologically in the same class as Guldo. Take out the silliness and ineptitude then build his personality and abilities up. You could easily turn a full-fledged psychic/magic user into a serious threat with the right amount of creativity. The chances of such a spark of originality aren't great but not unheard of either.