"Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:58 pm

Tsufuru wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:48 am
AnimeNation101 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:08 pm
Akamay wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:43 pm Even if it is a sure thing that 2uper will happen, I think it's kinda silly how things went down, at least from what I've seen.
While I did remember seeing Ajay being somewhat vague about what he knew, Geekdom was just outright saying that he is completely right and that people should not believe what Toei US is saying.

Personally I don't particularly like how Geekdom has been doing stuff for a while, as it feels like he rushes through his information to be the first person to release news or his impressions on something that was just announced. Most of the time he also tends to blend his own opinions on news without making it clear what is his own interpretation of stuff and what was actually announced/what is actually being said.

Regardless, I am just concerned about how the anime will continue. Even if they retell the Broly movie, there is not enough about the current manga arc out and I doubt the next few chapter will go through the arc faster. So yeah, I'm looking forward to it, I just feel like that they don't have much to work with as the manga did not advance that much since the last episode that aired.
I mean, i dont think thats your problem in this case considering Geek didn’t rush to push the vid out since only him and Ajay really knew about it. But i am interested in what you found rushed. Also, pretty sure Geek says in both his videos on the matter specifically what he knows and what he thinks even indicating what is opinion and what is fact.

I can see your problems with Geek’s vids feeling rushed to push out info or hard to tell what is fact or opinion but in this case, i dont see how either complain can apply when it comes to him covering DBS’s return.

As for DBS returning, the dont need to follow the manga. They have been ahead of the manga since the second half of the U6 vs U7 Tournament arc. The way DBS works is that Toriyama writes an outline for a story and gives it to both Toei and Toyotaro. Toei fills in the outline with what it wants to therefore creating a full arc from Toriyama’s outline. Toyotaro does the same for his manga.

We know that Toriyama has worked on another new story so DBS can start from there. I personally want it to cover the Galactic Patrol Prisoner Arc though.
i miss the times where ppl simply wait for a official announcment instead listening to youtubers announcing something and acting as if they actualy know it.
they have been wrong before and if they actualy know it than you either show us prove that you know it or dont tell us at all becouse in the end of the day you , me and everyone else here wasting time discussing about something a random guy said will only believe it when its official.
No. I really dont want this to come off as me having a superiority complex but i dont really think you’re in the know enough which is why you’re saying this. Heck, calling these people “random guys” just shows how out of the loop your are in the community in some spots. Because if you were in the know, you’d know that people like Ajay, Geek, and Yonkou have connections to people in japan with inside sources and even staff members of DBS themselves. They’ve built friendships with people. And its stupid to ask them to reveal their sources because OBVIOUSLY revealing said sources would get the sources in trouble which sucks and is just a dick move to the relationship they have built with these sources.

For someone like you, all you have to do is wait til everything is officially announced. But for me and others who know how credible these people are both personally and through past experiences, its fair for us to discuss as if its already been officially announced.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Tsufuru
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tsufuru » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:39 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:58 pm
AnimeNation101 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:08 pm

I mean, i dont think thats your problem in this case considering Geek didn’t rush to push the vid out since only him and Ajay really knew about it. But i am interested in what you found rushed. Also, pretty sure Geek says in both his videos on the matter specifically what he knows and what he thinks even indicating what is opinion and what is fact.

I can see your problems with Geek’s vids feeling rushed to push out info or hard to tell what is fact or opinion but in this case, i dont see how either complain can apply when it comes to him covering DBS’s return.

As for DBS returning, the dont need to follow the manga. They have been ahead of the manga since the second half of the U6 vs U7 Tournament arc. The way DBS works is that Toriyama writes an outline for a story and gives it to both Toei and Toyotaro. Toei fills in the outline with what it wants to therefore creating a full arc from Toriyama’s outline. Toyotaro does the same for his manga.

We know that Toriyama has worked on another new story so DBS can start from there. I personally want it to cover the Galactic Patrol Prisoner Arc though.
i miss the times where ppl simply wait for a official announcment instead listening to youtubers announcing something and acting as if they actualy know it.
they have been wrong before and if they actualy know it than you either show us prove that you know it or dont tell us at all becouse in the end of the day you , me and everyone else here wasting time discussing about something a random guy said will only believe it when its official.
No. I really dont want this to come off as me having a superiority complex but i dont really think you’re in the know enough which is why you’re saying this. Heck, calling these people “random guys” just shows how out of the loop your are in the community in some spots. Because if you were in the know, you’d know that people like Ajay, Geek, and Yonkou have connections to people in japan with inside sources and even staff members of DBS themselves. They’ve built friendships with people. And its stupid to ask them to reveal their sources because OBVIOUSLY revealing said sources would get the sources in trouble which sucks and is just a dick move to the relationship they have built with these sources.

For someone like you, all you have to do is wait til everything is officially announced. But for me and others who know how credible these people are both personally and through past experiences, its fair for us to discuss as if its already been officially announced.
i see.
and this does change anything about what i said how?
my point is , these guys are not correct 100% of the time so this alone makes this connection thing worth nothing.
so they tell you they got sources but dont reveal them?
again something that is worth nothing.
so basicly , they know things that may or may not be true and a insider told them but they cant tell who.
my final point is , no doubt they cleary have more infos than us but they have been wrong before and their source can be who ever if they cant reveal him or her.
so in short , till the official announcment , you cant take it as 100% and thats a fact.
what if Toei got a problem and delays the series and their sources cant tell them in time?

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:07 pm

Tsufuru wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:39 pm
AnimeNation101 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:58 pm

i see.
and this does change anything about what i said how?
my point is , these guys are not correct 100% of the time so this alone makes this connection thing worth nothing.
so they tell you they got sources but dont reveal them?
again something that is worth nothing.
so basicly , they know things that may or may not be true and a insider told them but they cant tell who.
my final point is , no doubt they cleary have more infos than us but they have been wrong before and their source can be who ever if they cant reveal him or her.
so in short , till the official announcment , you cant take it as 100% and thats a fact.
what if Toei got a problem and delays the series and their sources cant tell them in time?
Then i ask you, can you name a time either of these guys have claimed to be 100% right about something happening in the future and have been wrong? If you can, ill accept your point and back off.

As for your last question, that doesn’t mean they were wrong the whole time. That just means they were right at first and the info got changed later.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:49 pm

The rumor that the arc coming directly after Moro's is filled with fanservice leaves me with dread and fully expecting it to be the type of fanservice that just isn't for me at all. :(

Like, now I'm left expecting something either painfully power-levels like DBH, or painfully nostlagia-aimed in a way that there's nothing fresh or new at all about it.

In the best possible world a "fanservice" filled arc would have fun scenarios between characters I enjoy, or finally escaping the time-dilated wormhole of those in-between years and having an arc that takes place during the EoZ era. Because even I'm getting tired of time seemingly never passing and I originally liked the idea of when Super took place.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:55 pm

Chuquita wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:49 pm The rumor that the arc coming directly after Moro's is filled with fanservice leaves me with dread and fully expecting it to be the type of fanservice that just isn't for me at all. :(
Source?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:57 pm

YamiGoku wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:55 pm
Chuquita wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:49 pm The rumor that the arc coming directly after Moro's is filled with fanservice leaves me with dread and fully expecting it to be the type of fanservice that just isn't for me at all. :(
Source?
Absolutely: https://twitter.com/EmperorBigD/status/ ... 4502288392
This is super-preliminary and just a RUMOR (take it with a grain of salt on this one until I get more info) but apparently the arc AFTER Moro will be "super fanservicy" WHAT COULD THIS MEAN!?????
My morose guesses are:
More Broly, More Bardock, DBH invading DBS, yet another tournament arc, canonizing more Z movie villains instead of coming up with new villains/antagonists, or something tiringly nostalgia-related.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:10 pm

Chuquita wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:57 pm
Source?
This is super-preliminary and just a RUMOR (take it with a grain of salt on this one until I get more info) but apparently the arc AFTER Moro will be "super fanservicy" WHAT COULD THIS MEAN!?????
My morose guesses are:
More Broly, More Bardock, DBH invading DBS, yet another tournament arc, canonizing more Z movie villains instead of coming up with new villains/antagonists, or something tiringly nostalgia-related.
Thanks!

yeah idk how to feel about this, I just hope it wont be another tournament of any type.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:22 pm

I hope it is that characters from other universes appear for something important or UI

-------------------------------

please no, revive the saiyans ...or cell
no crossover with others DB storys
no other fusion
Last edited by Tai Lung on Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:23 pm

YamiGoku wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:10 pm

Source?
My morose guesses are:
Thanks!

yeah idk how to feel about this, I just hope it wont be another tournament of any type.
The ToP wore me out. I liked the old 21st/22nd/23rd Tenkaichi Budoukai, but for the most part didn't enjoy the ToP at all.

Fanservice is such a broad term when talking about Dragon Ball that odds are it could end up being something I want just as much as something I don't want.

I just want to reach EoZ at this point.
Some people were guessing Planet Salad, but I feel at this point it'd be too little too late. I wanted that arc desperately during the Champa tournament and when it never materialized and it's been about 3 years and I'm just not that into it anymore because there's so way it could live up to expectations at this point.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:33 pm

I do enjoy the TOP arc but I prefer that the multiverse expands, a sadala planet arc seems good to me

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:12 pm

I wonder if it's a Salada arc or a Coola arc? Those are the big fan service ideas now that Broli was done.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Akamay
Beyond Newbie

Post by Akamay » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:31 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:12 pm I wonder if it's a Salada arc or a Coola arc? Those are the big fan service ideas now that Broli was done.
If they were to tackle Cooler/Coola I feel like it would be probably in a movie. One single battle with him instead of having an entire arc around him. Still, it would be nice if they did that while having Freeza as the focus of the story regardless of it being a movie or not.

With the Broly movies it feels like Toriyama would be willing to put a bit more focus on other characters, would be nice to have something that is not focused on Saiyans or the gods for a storyline.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:52 pm

the problem is that I would prefer that the sadala arc was do in the anime and not in the manga, the U6 is more interesting and their interactions were better in this version, in the manga it seemed that to Toyotaro did not import this.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:39 pm

What I want: DBS passes End of Z, Planet Sadala arc, Ancient Saiyans and Yamoshi stuff, Universes 13 to 18, Jiren’s evil doer, Zalama

What I fear: a U7 non-canon villain being rebooted, another Universe 7-contained arc, more transformations, more fusion, a fucking Tournament where I hope for an interruption leading into something bigger just to be disappointed again

What I’d be indifferent on: Bardock coming back, Towa coming to DBS, Android 21 coming to DBS, Shallot coming to DBS

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:17 pm

My morose guesses are:
Not gonna lie (and for the record if you told me a year ago that I'd be saying this, I wouldn't have believed you), I kinda want more Broly, I'm interested to see where Toriyama takes his character from where he left him at the end of the movie.
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:10 am

I hope that if the rumor is true and the next arc is very fanservicey, that it won’t be stupid fan pandering but actually well executed stuff, using elements and characters that please the fans.
An example of stupid fan pandering is Vegeta using his Final Explosion against Toppo, while fanservice would be more in the line with what we have seen in Broly which isn’t that harmful.
Luckily they have basically already given fans everything they wanted, except for Super Saiyan 4 which will probably make it into the canon if their idea of modern Dragon Ball is to only do stuff to please the fans.

What I personally would want as fanservice is:
• Story going after the end of Toriyama’s manga;
• More serious, long and tense stories;
• Goten and Trunks finally growing up;
• New techniques;
• Rematch between Goku and Beerus, Hit or Jiren;
• Goku training with Broly;
• Broly vs Jiren;
• Vegeta visiting Planet Sadala;
• More mysteries explained, such as who is Zalama, where do Angels come from, what’s the Demon realm;
• Piccolo getting a power-up;
• Ancient Saiyans stuff (Yamoshi and possibly even Shallot!);
• Android 17 showing up again;
• Gohan being more relevant.

What I wouldn’t mind as fanservice:
• Grandpa Gohan;
• Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta;
• Pikkon;
• Android 21;
• Super Saiyan 4;
• Shadow Dragons from GT;
• Lord Slug, Cooler, Bojack, Janemba, Hirudegarn;
• Time Patrol;
• Mira and Towa;
• More Goku Black/Zamasu.

What I don’t want as fanservice:
• New fusions;
• Fan favorite scenes from the past being reused (ex. Vegeta vs Toppo);
• Cell coming back;
• Bardock being revived;
• Raditz being brought back;
• Iconic moves spam;
• Vegetto/Gogeta being spammed;
• Baby Vegeta, Super 17.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:49 am

I found most of Super pretty fanservicey, so that rumor doesn't tell me much. Somehow though I feel it'll be saiyan related. Radditz, Bardock, another long lost Goku and/or Vegeta relative. At this point I just wouldn't be surprised.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:16 am

emperior wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:10 am I hope that if the rumor is true and the next arc is very fanservicey, that it won’t be stupid fan pandering but actually well executed stuff, using elements and characters that please the fans.
An example of stupid fan pandering is Vegeta using his Final Explosion against Toppo, while fanservice would be more in the line with what we have seen in Broly which isn’t that harmful.
Luckily they have basically already given fans everything they wanted, except for Super Saiyan 4 which will probably make it into the canon if their idea of modern Dragon Ball is to only do stuff to please the fans.

• New techniques;
• Broly vs Jiren;
• More mysteries explained, such as who is Zalama, where do Angels come from, what’s the Demon realm;

• Grandpa Gohan;
• Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta;
• Pikkon;
• Android 21;
• Super Saiyan 4;
• Time Patrol;
• Mira and Towa;

• New fusions;
• Cell coming back;
• Bardock being revived;
• Iconic moves spam;
• Baby Vegeta, Super 17.
ss3 vegeta please (maybe when he teaches/shows it to cabba) and gohan with ssB /piccolo with a new trasformation.
Oh and something about yamoshi vs the evil sayans (cumber?).

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:57 am

emperior wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:10 am I hope that if the rumor is true and the next arc is very fanservicey, that it won’t be stupid fan pandering but actually well executed stuff, using elements and characters that please the fans.

• New techniques;
• Broly vs Jiren;

• Grandpa Gohan;
• Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta;
• Pikkon;
• Android 21;
• Super Saiyan 4;
• Time Patrol;
• Mira and Towa;

• New fusions;
• Cell coming back;
• Bardock being revived;
• Iconic moves spam;
• Baby Vegeta, Super 17.
Where did you read the rumour about the next arc and what did it say?

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:10 am

sangofe wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:57 am
Where did you read the rumour about the next arc and what did it say?
It's a tweet by Geekdom101 saying that the next arc will be very fanservicey. As Geekdom notes: You know me, you know this by now my sources are totally legit, I don't do fake news, you can trust me and what not, very legit.