Broly's Outfit

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Broly's Outfit

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:31 am

Which outfit of Broly's do you prefer, the old one or the new one?
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

supersaiyandoctor
Beyond Newbie

Re: Broly's Outfit

Post by supersaiyandoctor » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:04 am

I prefer the new outfit, specifically with the armour on though.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:09 am

I like the older one a bit better, but the new one without the top armor is pretty good.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:31 am

Considering that I never liked the original design, the new one. By a country mile.

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:27 pm

Definitely the new one. I really like the color scheme on the new design's armor, and I think that adding the pelt around his waist contrasted with the polished looking armor makes for an interesting design. Whereas I've always thought that the old one was a bit overdesigned and kind of ugly.
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:36 pm

I personally like the topless versions of Broly best.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:27 pm

I prefer the DBS outfit, but I like them both!

New design:
-I like the colors.
-I like that the different aspects of his costume have purpose.
-His collar is to control his power, and it makes you wonder where it came from. Did Paragus make it from parts of the broken ship? Do Saiyans take slaves so something like that is standard issue in their spaceships?
-I love the backstory with Baa, so I really like that he wears Baa's ear.
-It's not part of his costume, but you have to wonder how he got those scars. Considering he never left Vampa, it was either the result of training with Vampa's creatures, or Paragus had to go all out to keep him under control at one point. Maybe when he went oozaru?
-I like Toriyama's new Freeza Force armor designs. I'm glad this specific style got carried over from RoF. I'm just glad that Broly joined the Freeza Force in general.

Old design:
-It has a lot of mystery. Why would he wear something like that? Why isn't Paragus wearing anything like that? It seems like Broly was treated like a king or a god on some other planet at some point.
-Like the new design, the jewelry has the purpose of controlling his power. How did Paragus acquire that device? It matches the rest of the outfit, so there seems to be some connection there.
-I don't like how out of place Broly looks. It's obvious that somethings up with him. Such an extravagant outfit doesn't match his personality. If more about his outfit was explained, maybe I wouldn't mind this as much (not that I mind it all that much to begin with...).

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:28 pm

batistabus wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:27 pm I prefer the DBS outfit, but I like them both!

New design:
-I like the colors.
-I like that the different aspects of his costume have purpose.
-His collar is to control his power, and it makes you wonder where it came from. Did Paragus make it from parts of the broken ship? Do Saiyans take slaves so something like that is standard issue in their spaceships?
-I love the backstory with Baa, so I really like that he wears Baa's ear.
-It's not part of his costume, but you have to wonder how he got those scars. Considering he never left Vampa, it was either the result of training with Vampa's creatures, or Paragus had to go all out to keep him under control at one point. Maybe when he went oozaru?
-I like Toriyama's new Freeza Force armor designs. I'm glad this specific style got carried over from RoF. I'm just glad that Broly joined the Freeza Force in general.

Old design:
-It has a lot of mystery. Why would he wear something like that? Why isn't Paragus wearing anything like that? It seems like Broly was treated like a king or a god on some other planet at some point.
-Like the new design, the jewelry has the purpose of controlling his power. How did Paragus acquire that device? It matches the rest of the outfit, so there seems to be some connection there.
-I don't like how out of place Broly looks. It's obvious that somethings up with him. Such an extravagant outfit doesn't match his personality. If more about his outfit was explained, maybe I wouldn't mind this as much (not that I mind it all that much to begin with...).
You make good points.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:20 pm

What i think is funny with the new outfit is the purple pants (=The Hulk-connection).
I like the new outfit (green fur around the waste) more than the old one because it fits with Brolys primitive nature, but i prefer his old, more agressive looking, spiky hairstyle when LSSJ.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:22 pm

Mister_Popo wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:20 pm What i think is funny with the new outfit is the purple pants (=The Hulk-connection).
I like the new outfit (green fur around the waste) more than the old one because it fits with Brolys primitive nature, but i prefer his old, more agressive looking, spiky hairstyle when LSSJ.
Your right about the fur around the waist and the purple pants. But I wish he still had a tail.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:15 pm

PremiumSalt wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:27 pm Definitely the new one. I really like the color scheme on the new design's armor, and I think that adding the pelt around his waist contrasted with the polished looking armor makes for an interesting design. Whereas I've always thought that the old one was a bit overdesigned and kind of ugly.
I like the new one for these reasons, but I actually prefer the old one. That may just be because I prefer the character of the old one more. At this point, I wish they were two separate characters. The new one is so distinct and cool, but the old one is amazing as well. I wish we lived in a world where both were canon lol.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:27 pm

BWri wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:15 pm
PremiumSalt wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:27 pm Definitely the new one. I really like the color scheme on the new design's armor, and I think that adding the pelt around his waist contrasted with the polished looking armor makes for an interesting design. Whereas I've always thought that the old one was a bit overdesigned and kind of ugly.
I like the new one for these reasons, but I actually prefer the old one. That may just be because I prefer the character of the old one more. At this point, I wish they were two separate characters. The new one is so distinct and cool, but the old one is amazing as well. I wish we lived in a world where both were canon lol.
The old Broly does have his charm I agree, with his Super Saiyan as a baby thing.