Will SSBKK and SSGE make a return in the anime adaption of the manga?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

OmegaKing

Will SSBKK and SSGE make a return in the anime adaption of the manga?

Post by OmegaKing » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:27 am

SSBKK and SSGE were never in the manga version of Super, which is now ahead of the anime, so the future season of the anime will be adapting the manga rather than vice versa. So, will they somehow add in elements that were anime only or will those things be retconned in order to not confuse things when trying to avoid contradicting the manga?
Last edited by OmegaKing on Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Will SSBKK make a return in the anime adaption of the manga?

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:42 am

It's likely. They have merchandise to sell.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:09 am

Anime is and will be a separate entity from the manga. It'll follow the same story points (if they adapt the Moro arc) and stretch them out their own way as they've been doing before. Otherwise they'll catch up and move past the manga very quickly. So I do think a lot of what we've seen previously will be brought back

OmegaKing

Post by OmegaKing » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:59 am

mute_proxy wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:09 am Anime is and will be a separate entity from the manga. It'll follow the same story points (if they adapt the Moro arc) and stretch them out their own way as they've been doing before. Otherwise they'll catch up and move past the manga very quickly. So I do think a lot of what we've seen previously will be brought back
Isn’t the reason they are going on this long hiatus is so that the manga can pave the foundation for the next arc to be adapted instead of having the anime overtake it? Isn’t that the reason Toyotaro skipped and rushed the initial arcs so he could create content to be adapted for the anime instead of vice versa? Pretty sure he said in an interview that was the plan.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:13 am

OmegaKing wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:59 am Isn’t the reason they are going on this long hiatus is so that the manga can pave the foundation for the next arc to be adapted instead of having the anime overtake it? Isn’t that the reason Toyotaro skipped and rushed the initial arcs so he could create content to be adapted for the anime instead of vice versa? Pretty sure he said in an interview that was the plan.
All he said was he'd work closer with the anime team in the future. Everything else you said was a mix of fan theories. The amount of stuff Toyotaro has done could be covered in a few months of anime. They're not gonna wait another 2 years to start this thing, and they're not gonna stop when they catch up.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: Will SSBKK and SSGE make a return in the anime adaption of the manga?

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:44 pm

The manga has Goku using what would be the kaioken on top of SSB, of course it isn't an under-his-belt technique like in the anime but it has happened in the manga. This probably won't come back because Goku can't control it and it seems to be more dangerous than useful, and it was like a 4-seconds-long technique...

The same goes for Vegeta, getting left behind by Goku made him power up even beyond SSB with a different new aura, sort of like in the anime, and against the same enemy. Seems to be a SSBE of some sort without all the attention the form got in the anime, but in his case it may come back, he was in control of it and wasn't a complete waste of time, so he should access it again.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:58 pm

It’s SSJ Blue Evolution. Not SSJ God Evolution. There is no such thing. I don’t even know where you got that from.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:26 pm

They've been established in the Super mythology. I don't see why they wouldn't continue to acknowledge them. Except for the Hit fight, the additions of SSJBKK and the evolved SSJB form haven't exactly changed the outcome in the title match against an arc antagonist. Maybe they could serve as the transitional device for Goku/Vegeta going all out against the antagonist and then breaking through their own limits. Outside of a role like that, I think the most that might be made of them will either involve filler or the elimination of a lower level sub-boss.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:43 am

Vegeta used the manga equivalent of SSBE against Moro, so there's no reason why he wouldn't in an anime version. Goku hasn't had the chance to actually fight at full power yet in this arc, and now that he's done his training for UI, SSBKK would be outdated. We'll see though, if the anime even returns in the first place

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:39 pm

If Moro does get animated one day (which I do hope), I would be 100 percent fine if SSBKK and SSGE didn't return. I personally find the forms useless and kinda ugly (especially Evolution). They also didn't show up in Broly, so I just hope those forms got phased out.

And for those wondering about merch, SSBKK and SSGE merch can still be released as much as the companies want them to be. They still exist in the franchise, even if they wouldn't appear in any other future non-heroes media. It's like SSJ3; SSJ3 merch continues to be produced while Goku rarely used in the Super anime.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:59 pm

I'd be happy if SSBE got phased out or was altered to resemble the manga counterpart more (just "SSB" with a new aura, basically). It looks ugly and I dislike the idea of a godly form that boosts muscle mass excessively, which is the opposite of what SSG did.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:42 pm

We should first look out for the new movie. We are sure we're going to get that. We might see Ultra Instinct and whatever Vegeta is developing now in the manga, but no, i don't think we're going to see those forms in the movies. It's obvious from Broly SSBKK isn't used by Toriyama, the same probably counts for SSBE.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:46 pm

OmegaKing wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:27 am SSBKK and SSGE were never in the manga version of Super, which is now ahead of the anime, so the future season of the anime will be adapting the manga rather than vice versa. So, will they somehow add in elements that were anime only or will those things be retconned in order to not confuse things when trying to avoid contradicting the manga?
anime has never import to contradict manga even "broly movie" no care to that ... since it has different concepts

I also don't see why they have to adapt "the Moro arc" literally can do the same thing they did before and work with toriyama on another idea and that the manga follow another path ... that time far away when the manga was the main canon no longer exists otherwise the manga would not skip events being so dependent on the movies, thing that the original manga never before did.

and if that idea were adapted to, it would only be limited to following the script of toriyama that may be similar to the tournament of power where only certain events had similarity but its development was completely different and I sincerely hope that it does not because make any no sense to see something you already saw ... otherwise there should not be 2 versions of them

SSB + KK is popular and still appears in games if toei wants to include it and currently SSBE exists in both versions

BagetaSama
Beyond Newbie

Post by BagetaSama » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:34 am

What makes you think the anime will become an adaptation of the manga?

head_cha_la
Not-So-Newbie

Post by head_cha_la » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:46 pm

I hope the anime and manga will each continue their own development. I really don't want to see the same thing in manga and anime. I like Toei's ideas for anime and I like certain Toyotaro's ideas for manga.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:27 pm

superfan2024 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:39 pm If Moro does get animated one day (which I do hope), I would be 100 percent fine if SSBKK and SSGE didn't return. I personally find the forms useless and kinda ugly (especially Evolution). They also didn't show up in Broly, so I just hope those forms got phased out.

And for those wondering about merch, SSBKK and SSGE merch can still be released as much as the companies want them to be. They still exist in the franchise, even if they wouldn't appear in any other future non-heroes media. It's like SSJ3; SSJ3 merch continues to be produced while Goku rarely used in the Super anime.
Well SS3 was a poor example the merch for that is still incredibly bare in Japan the form has no popularity whatsoever there (which is why they are releasing the Grandista SS3 Goku overseas only) Old Gogeta is probably a better example they have been marketing both Old and New Gogeta under the DBS brand... (which further cements that kids don't matter anymore because that should be confusing AF to them)

To add to the rest of what you are saying Evolution and Kaioken Marketing as always been treated as extensions rather than actual forms. Evolution Vegeta has the Evolution part written in brackets after SSGSS Vegeta. Similar to what happened with Trunks Ikari form they just treated it as SS2 and that was it.

Actually to add even more to your point, Bandai sat on Evolution Vegeta for an entire year before deciding to finally market it around the release of Broly... which was pretty f**king hilarious.