Just to make it clear and to remind everyone: UIO/UI Goku has Godly Ki!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

Just to make it clear and to remind everyone: UIO/UI Goku has Godly Ki!

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:58 am

I know this should have been obvious. But apparently it was not, to some people. But in the latest manga chapter, Piccolo confirmed that neither he, Gohan, or the Androids, could sense UIO Goku’s energy!

As for the ToP Anime.. Well, they must have clearly been referring to the “pressure” and “heat” that they could feel eminating from UI Omen Goku’s body, aswell as judging his strength based on his battle performance.

In the second last chapter (not this one) when Goku was invisibly speedblitzing Saganbo.. Piccolo and Gohan also commented that they couldn’t sense his energy.. Though back then, Gohan speculated that it was because of his speed.. That theory got falsified this chapter.. They haven’t been able to sense him once! In fact, Goku was floating in the air. Nearly motionless, when firing off his massive Kamehameha wave towards Moro, when that all revealing comment by our great Lord and Saviour, Piccolo, was made!

UIO/UI have Godly Ki!

Divine energy that cannot be sensed by mortals!

Also, to add insult to injury, even Vegeta! (Who has now become the ultimate ki/spirit sensor!) was.... Hesitating to identify Moro’s opponent to be Kakarrot for a moment...!

He said: “The one opposing Moro is... Kakarrot???”

Now this could mean a number of things ofcourse! But it was peculiar for Vegeta of all beings, (the way he is now) to struggle identifying Moro’s opponent to be Goku..

I’ll let you guys speculate what was going on there.
Last edited by GodVegetto91 on Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: Just to make it clear and to remind everyone: UIO/UI Goku has Godly Ki!

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:32 am

There were people who doubted that? It should be pretty obvious that he has God ki when he's using the ultimate technique of the Angels, which even the Destroyers struggle to achieve.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:31 pm

UI may go along with Godly Ki, or maybe something that's even superior to that.
The Gods and Supreme Kais have Godly Ki, but why couldn't angels wield an even higher "angelic Ki" which has unique properties?
MUI is not a Godly ability, because there is no God that has fully mastered it to our knowledge, it's an angelic ability.
I know it's headcanon for the time being, but it hasn't been proven it couldn't exist either.

We know very little about the angels power and magic.
There are however different types of Ki as we know. There are wielders that can manage normal Ki as wel as God-Ki. Maybe UI comes along with properties that are even superior to casual Godly Ki. There was this heat radiating during TOP from UI Goku that wasn't actually felt when he's in his casual God-forms, so it could be something (slightly) different.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:12 pm

Mister_Popo wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:31 pm UI may go along with Godly Ki, or maybe something that's even superior to that.
The Gods and Supreme Kais have Godly Ki, but why couldn't angels wield an even higher "angelic Ki" which has unique properties?
MUI is not a Godly ability, because there is no God that has fully mastered it to our knowledge, it's an angelic ability.
I know it's headcanon for the time being, but it hasn't been proven it couldn't exist either.

There are however different types of Ki as we know. There are wielders that can manage normal Ki as wel as God-Ki. Maybe UI comes along with properties that are even superior to casual Godly Ki. There was this heat radiating during TOP from UI Goku that wasn't actually felt when he's in his casual God-forms, so it could be something (slightly) different.
“Angelic ki” would still be ki that cannot be sensed. I.e. it would be DIVINELY controlled KI... I.e. Perfect Ki Control by keeping your aura hidden deep within your body and not having it leak to the external world outside your body. So really, there is no such thing as “Angel ki” or any other “type” of ki.. It’s all the same thing! Normal, regular, universal ki (life energy) that’s the same for everyone. But it’s the user itself, that can manipulate that same universal energy to a DIVINE level (which simply means on the highest possible level), i.e PERFECT ki control!

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:02 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:12 pm
Mister_Popo wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:31 pm UI may go along with Godly Ki, or maybe something that's even superior to that.

“Angelic ki” would still be ki that cannot be sensed. I.e. it would be DIVINELY controlled KI... I.e. Perfect Ki Control by keeping your aura hidden deep within your body and not having it leak to the external world outside your body. So really, there is no such thing as “Angel ki” or any other “type” of ki.. It’s all the same thing! Normal, regular, universal ki (life energy) that’s the same for everyone. But it’s the user itself, that can manipulate that same universal energy to a DIVINE level (which simply means on the highest possible level), i.e PERFECT ki control!

I think your response is rather arbitrary and not entirely correct. God-Ki is not quite the same as perfect Ki-control. Perfect Ki-control is an important aspect of this, but God-Ki also has other unique properties, such as extraordinary healing (for instance as depicted in BOG, when Goku heals in the ocean after he falls when Beerus had pierced him in the body).

One could state "UI is God-Ki with an extraordinary skill on top." And yes, maybe, it could be ...
And i don't even explicitly want to deny this.

For all clearance, the (M)UI-user still has normal God-Ki, as well as normal Ki-usage, to his disposal.
If he wants. The Saiyans can still use their casual SSJ-forms that don't use God-KI.
In all cases. That's not the question. The question here is: could there be something even more superior?

In my view however, there's nothing against innocent speculation as long there is no 100 % conclusive evidence and it doesn't contradict the established canon. Why couldn't there be Ki-usage that exists and is even more refined than the ordinary God-Ki of the deities? Yet, deities are not the most powerful beings, that are the angels, it is the same as saying, when Goku and Vegeta only had the ordinary God-forms "There is nothing higher now." Well, the recent arcs have shown that there is still in effect something higher. Goku is mastering MUI, or at least tries, this while Vegeta is learning something that is way beyond the 'perfect Ki-control' of casual Blue as well.

Moreover there are things in the anime that could however indicate the Ki-management of UI works differently.
The fact now in the manga something else is being stated is somewhat of a "contridiction".
Or it just may seem to us that way because we have no further, thorough explaination.

When Goku used Ultra Instinct Omen in his fight against Jiren, Roshi and Tien were able to sense Goku's energy. Even Piccolo was able to sense his energy as he made a statement that he was becoming stronger during the course of battle.
Also, during Goku's fight with Kefla, we see Kefla being able to sense Goku power up increase his energy and hence responded by doing the same and even Jiren was able to sense this energy and wake up from meditation during their course of battle.
How do you explain that contradiction with the latest manga-chapter? And can you arbitrary state right now, without further literal evidence, exactly how the energy management of UI exactly works? Based on what?

Normal God-Ki at such gives the wielder a considerable increase in power. As learned from BOG, the leap in power is tremendous, referring to the dialogue between Beerus and Goku and the ending of the movie. Now UI as such is an enormous leap in power as well. UI is not only a technique, it results in a big increase of power. UI is a completely other level in all meanings in comparison to the standard God-forms. If Goku transforms into SSG, the increase is because of the usage of God-Ki. So by exactly what can the massive progress between Blue and UI be explained? Is it truely only 'the body moving on its own' (which is not a source of power but a result of something) or is there a reason behind this all that feeds it, do the angels and MUI Goku use a more divine or developed Ki than standard God-ki, in order to acclaim an all other level in martial arts in comparison to the Gods? And if not, what is their exact source of power which enables them to?

You musn't forget, progress in martial arts within Dragon Ball, from the very beginning when Roshi was teaching Goku and Krillin, is obtained by an increased level of power. It's not a feature that stands on its own.

I honestly think we don't have enough clearance yet on the matter to make definitive conclusions about this.

So based on that vagueness i honestly don't understand your problem very well, if someone has a slightly other opinion or perception on this matter.

pepd
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by pepd » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:26 pm

It hasn't been stated and is not a logical consequence. It is likely that UIO Goku has Godly Ki.
Last edited by pepd on Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:53 pm

pepd wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:26 pm It hasn't been stated and is not a logical consequence. It is likely that UI Goku has Godly Ki.

It won't deny Goku can use Godly powers in UI-state, fully agreed, but a God-ki-user can use the same properties (or manipulations) as someone that uses normal Ki as well, so why couldn't Goku in a (M)UI-state use a a form of Ki-management that has every feature of God-Ki but even has properties beyond that, which exactly results in this unique UI-state, where standard God-Ki doesn't lead into as far as we know based on the first arcs of Super?

Concerning the (M)UI-power: it would be intresting and more viable it has some form of explaination and does not stand on its own.
Not sure if we are ever going to get that, but the question nontheless can be posed ...

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:20 am

Mister_Popo wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:02 pm
GodVegetto91 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:12 pm

I think your response is rather arbitrary and not entirely correct. God-Ki is not quite the same as perfect Ki-control. Perfect Ki-control is an important aspect of this, but God-Ki also has other unique properties, such as extraordinary healing (for instance as depicted in BOG, when Goku heals in the ocean after he falls when Beerus had pierced him in the body).

One could state "UI is God-Ki with an extraordinary skill on top." And yes, maybe, it could be ...
And i don't even explicitly want to deny this.

For all clearance, the (M)UI-user still has normal God-Ki, as well as normal Ki-usage, to his disposal.
If he wants. The Saiyans can still use their casual SSJ-forms that don't use God-KI.
In all cases. That's not the question. The question here is: could there be something even more superior?

In my view however, there's nothing against innocent speculation as long there is no 100 % conclusive evidence and it doesn't contradict the established canon. Why couldn't there be Ki-usage that exists and is even more refined than the ordinary God-Ki of the deities? Yet, deities are not the most powerful beings, that are the angels, it is the same as saying, when Goku and Vegeta only had the ordinary God-forms "There is nothing higher now." Well, the recent arcs have shown that there is still in effect something higher. Goku is mastering MUI, or at least tries, this while Vegeta is learning something that is way beyond the 'perfect Ki-control' of casual Blue as well.

Moreover there are things in the anime that could however indicate the Ki-management of UI works differently.
The fact now in the manga something else is being stated is somewhat of a "contridiction".
Or it just may seem to us that way because we have no further, thorough explaination.

When Goku used Ultra Instinct Omen in his fight against Jiren, Roshi and Tien were able to sense Goku's energy. Even Piccolo was able to sense his energy as he made a statement that he was becoming stronger during the course of battle.
Also, during Goku's fight with Kefla, we see Kefla being able to sense Goku power up increase his energy and hence responded by doing the same and even Jiren was able to sense this energy and wake up from meditation during their course of battle.
How do you explain that contradiction with the latest manga-chapter? And can you arbitrary state right now, without further literal evidence, exactly how the energy management of UI exactly works? Based on what?

Normal God-Ki at such gives the wielder a considerable increase in power. As learned from BOG, the leap in power is tremendous, referring to the dialogue between Beerus and Goku and the ending of the movie. Now UI as such is an enormous leap in power as well. UI is not only a technique, it results in a big increase of power. UI is a completely other level in all meanings in comparison to the standard God-forms. If Goku transforms into SSG, the increase is because of the usage of God-Ki. So by exactly what can the massive progress between Blue and UI be explained? Is it truely only 'the body moving on its own' (which is not a source of power but a result of something) or is there a reason behind this all that feeds it, do the angels and MUI Goku use a more divine or developed Ki than standard God-ki, in order to acclaim an all other level in martial arts in comparison to the Gods? And if not, what is their exact source of power which enables them to?

You musn't forget, progress in martial arts within Dragon Ball, from the very beginning when Roshi was teaching Goku and Krillin, is obtained by an increased level of power. It's not a feature that stands on its own.

I honestly think we don't have enough clearance yet on the matter to make definitive conclusions about this.

So based on that vagueness i honestly don't understand your problem very well, if someone has a slightly other opinion or perception on this matter.
You’re buying into the false narrative of cartesian substance dualism. There aren’t different “types of energy”, that is stupid aswell as mathematically impossible ontologically. The writers may make their own mistakes or simply write things that don’t make sense, because of ignorance. But here’s the thing:

Ultimately, there is only ONE omniversal energy: Ki (Lifeforce).

But there are multiple different entities in existence that can manipulate that same omniversal energy, in a multitude of different ways. And those with the highest manipulation of their own personal individual energy, will create “God ki”. A “type” of ki that cannot be sensed, since it’s controlled to such a high level, that there is zero ki leakage, and thus all of it is stored inside their bodies.

My personal theory, is that the “deeper” your mortal aura goes into your body, the harder it is to sense (the more “divine” it becomes), and the harder it is for beings like Moro to absorb it. At the limit of it, I suspect it will even give you the ability to survive in outer space and to be able to live for millions of years like the Gods and Angels.

https://youtu.be/bpFmJIWUvEY

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:18 am

There are different types of Ki introduced in DB to my knowledge: standard Ki, God-ki, and different kinds of subvariations.
Holding Ki inside the body is just one feature of God-ki, but there are many others: exceptional healing (SSG and Blue Goku), destruction power (Hakaishin), manipulation in order to make Ki-based weapons (Goku Black) are amongst them ...
Holding Ki inside the body and God-ki therefore aren't exact synonyms ...

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:12 am

Mister_Popo wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:18 am There are different types of Ki introduced in DB to my knowledge: standard Ki, God-ki, and different kinds of subvariations.
Holding Ki inside the body is just one feature of God-ki, but there are many others: exceptional healing (SSG and Blue Goku), destruction power (Hakaishin), manipulation in order to make Ki-based weapons (Goku Black) are amongst them ...
God ki isn't really split into subvariations in the manga. SSB can use hakai, and the healing from SSG isn't a thing. It seems like ki is just split between regular and divine.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:32 am

Dragon Wukong wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:12 am
Mister_Popo wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:18 am There are different types of Ki introduced in DB to my knowledge: standard Ki, God-ki, and different kinds of subvariations.
God ki isn't really split into subvariations in the manga. SSB can use hakai, and the healing from SSG isn't a thing. It seems like ki is just split between regular and divine.

I wasn't referring to the manga specifically.
God-ki has other properties next to 'holding Ki inside', in the manga as well as the anime.
There are different types of Ki with different properties. That was the main point here.
This was to indicate there is no reason why there couldn't exist yet another type (something that goes along with UI) that's even superior to standard God-ki. Just like God-ki is superior to standard Ki.

Altough being headcanon (and not proven) at the moment, it does not contradict the established canon in my opinion.