Why Didn't Beerus Destroy Moro Ten Million Years Ago?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Why Didn't Beerus Destroy Moro Ten Million Years Ago?

Post by theherodjl » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:48 am

The dude nearly killed two Kaioshin and could absorb entire worlds similar to how Cell 'drinks' people, surely he was someone that Beerus might have thought about destroying so that the other Kaioshin weren't also taken out?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

experted_luke

Re: Why Didn't Beerus Destroy Moro Ten Million Years Ago?

Post by experted_luke » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:54 am

I'm going to give you the most straightforward answer possible.
That, and all he does is sleep. He could literally just die in his sleep because it seems that he doesn't really fear for his life. IF he really did care more, he'd be checking in on the planet more often. You know how Beerus is. There are two answers to this:

Answer 1: Plot, Moro was not meant to be destroyed by Beerus. Toyotarou is giving Goku and Vegeta their time to shine.
Answer 2: Beerus might've been sleeping ten million years ago.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:00 am

Elaborating more on experted_luke's answer two, I would prefer to think he was sleeping while playing hide and seek with Zeno. It would be more "fun/interesting" to connect these two lores.
experted_luke wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:54 amToyotarou is giving Goku and Vegeta their time to shine.
Which is necessary. Those two have so little, so they definitely need it!
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:14 am

I could see Beerus sleeping during a tragedy...but why didn't he destroy Moro after Dai Kaioshin managed to defeat the villain? They did mention that Moro was set to be executed but that no one could kill him. Well....what about Beerus??? Its odd that the Hakaishin wouldn't be called in on a loose end that could still threaten the entire universe if allowed to escape. Unlike with Boo, Moro couldn't be controlled or tamed and would go to any lengths to restore his power & abilities. There also was no Godly Saiyans back then who could swiftly take care of the problem for Beerus.
We are led to believe that Beerus cared even less than usual about something that could pertain to his survival as well as bringing his intelligence into question...and its awful writing.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:04 am

Because Beerus, simply put, sucks at his job. Even Zeno wanted to replace him. He's probably the worst Destroyer in the cosmos, second only to Sidra, a Destroyer who literally does not want to destroy stuff.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:10 am

Because he wasn't aware of Moro?

Supreme Kai didn't even know who Beerus was until Elder Kai told about him. If Supreme Kai never heard of Beerus, that makes me think Daishinkan and all the other Supreme Kai's of that generation didn't know Beerus either. How could he have heard of Buu or Moro if he didn't know the new Supreme Kai's trying to fight them?
Last edited by Peach on Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

mancini

Post by mancini » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:25 am

Beerus is known to sleep for decades. It must be the reason

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:05 pm

experted_luke hit the nail on the head. The plot needed a villain and that there's a super powered god whose job is to destroy things needed to be brushed aside.

Unpopular Opinion but this was always going to be a problem with making Beerus a kid friendly God of Destruction. As entertaining as he is, there's always going to be the question of why doesn't he just Hakai the new threat?
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:37 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:04 am Because Beerus, simply put, sucks at his job. Even Zeno wanted to replace him. He's probably the worst Destroyer in the cosmos, second only to Sidra, a Destroyer who literally does not want to destroy stuff.
Zeno isn't all that good at his job either, to be fair.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:46 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:37 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:04 am Because Beerus, simply put, sucks at his job. Even Zeno wanted to replace him. He's probably the worst Destroyer in the cosmos, second only to Sidra, a Destroyer who literally does not want to destroy stuff.
Zeno isn't all that good at his job either, to be fair.
He does not even have a job, the Grand Priest is the real boss of the multiverse. If anything the fact that even Zeno calls Beerus and Champa out on their BS is telling.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:22 am

Didn't Beerus excitedly state that guys like Moro make his job easier?

Is there a particular reason why Beerus would go out of his way to eliminate him?

Neither Whis or Beerus seem aware of Moro, so I'm gonna go ahead and say he wasn't active during Moro's spree.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Sat May 02, 2020 5:14 pm

We could all say Beerus sucks at his job, but isn't there also an argument to be made that gods shouldn't always handle the affairs of mortals? Then again, Moro was a threat to Kais, but so was Buu.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat May 02, 2020 6:37 pm

Melee_Sovereign wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 5:14 pm We could all say Beerus sucks at his job, but isn't there also an argument to be made that gods shouldn't always handle the affairs of mortals? Then again, Moro was a threat to Kais, but so was Buu.
There isn't. Moro caused the extermination of hundreds of planets and clashed with the Kais themselves. At that point he became a threat to the gods too.

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:13 pm

Because Toriyama loves the trope of everyone in the celestial administration (i.e. government) being hopelessly incompetent, bumbling, shortsighted buffoons. It's one of the few constants of the entire series, subverted only by the slug guy who was more or less early installment weirdness that was quickly absorbed into the Son of the Devil once Toriyama had to actually contend with him still existing.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:14 pm

You forgot about Champa with his fat lazy ass, ordering his Angel, Vados, to destroy his planets for him, with her staff.. (which she does and has actually done in the show!)

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:07 pm

Beerus is arguably the worst Destroyer at his job. The only reason U7 isn't ranked last is because Goku destroys all the threats meant for Beerus.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:31 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:14 pm
You forgot about Champa with his fat lazy ass, ordering his Angel, Vados, to destroy his planets for him, with her staff.. (which she does and has actually done in the show!)
Champa is bad too, I give him an edge over Beerus simply because U6 > U7 in terms of mortal level. This means that Champa must be better at Beerus in some aspect (don't ask me where).

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:33 am

Dragon Wukong wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:07 pm Beerus is arguably the worst Destroyer at his job. The only reason U7 isn't ranked last is because Goku destroys all the threats meant for Beerus.
Lmao isn't that true.

Freeza gets ordered by Beerus to eradicate the Saiyans, which initiates this avalanche of events which leads to the death of Freeza, then his father (so no Cold dynasty folks to take over the mantle of tyrants, despite them not rly wanting to destroy planets of their empire imo) then a foe whose whole existence was violating the divine law (Cell came from another time line) and eventually the ancient godkiller Buu who took out at least 1 full generation of Kaioshin.

And Beerus goes and seals Elder Kai inside the Z sword...

When Goku was not even godly, he took out these guys. And then you got them destroying the resurrected tyrant, some weapon that could potentially replicate the powers of Zeno himself (if you think about it the whole copy Vegeta arc could have been far more serious), a crazed God whom they nearly deny to associate themselves with and now Moro... Broly may not count. He was kinda special in that department.
P O W E R

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:42 am

Shin is stupid too though. He should go complain to Zeno or the Grand Priest. If your co-worker is not doing his job and is actually holding you back, you should get your boss to do something.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:47 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:42 am Shin is stupid too though. He should go complain to Zeno or the Grand Priest. If your co-worker is not doing his job and is actually holding you back, you should get your boss to do something.
Unless the life link can be undone, he will probably get erased too, or risk the entire cosmos. By speaking to Zeno that is. I believe the GP would sort something out better.
P O W E R