How cool would it be if a HALO appeared around Moro 73’s neck in the upcoming chapter?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

How cool would it be if a HALO appeared around Moro 73’s neck in the upcoming chapter?

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:20 pm

After he succesfully manages to copy Merus’ Angel powers + his Ultra Instinct ability.

How cool would that be “IF” that were to happen????

Ultra Instinct Moro!

Angelic Moro!😎
Last edited by GodVegetto91 on Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

EGonzo
Beyond Newbie

Re: How cool would it be if a HALO appeared around Moro 73’s neck in the upcoming chapter?

Post by EGonzo » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:42 pm

Not very cool, Moro has gotten way too many breaks this arc.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: How cool would it be if a HALO appeared around Moro 73’s neck in the upcoming chapter?

Post by theherodjl » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:11 am

If a future chapter even has a hint of Moro suddenly developing an Angel-esque appearance or gaining a single one of Merus' Angel abilities at this stage of the arc...then in all honesty, fuck DBS.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:23 am

theherodjl wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:11 am If a future chapter even has a hint of Moro suddenly developing an Angel-esque appearance or gaining a single one of Merus' Angel abilities at this stage of the arc...then in all honesty, fuck DBS.
Why?

Don’t you like Power Progression?

If that is the case, then you should probably leave Dragon Ball. Dragon Ball is not for you. Dragon Ball is a story ALL ABOUT the growth of Goku in terms of strength, speed, agility, power, and overall techniques, skills and abilities. It’s all about EVOLUTION. And so likewise, the opposing side (the villains) must be powered up aswell if they are to challenge Goku and Vegeta.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:50 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:23 amWhy?

If that is the case, then you should probably leave Dragon Ball. Dragon Ball is not for you. Dragon Ball is a story ALL ABOUT the growth of Goku in terms of strength, speed, agility, power, and overall techniques, skills and abilities. It’s all about EVOLUTION. And so likewise, the opposing side (the villains) must be powered up aswell if they are to challenge Goku and Vegeta.
Moro has already demonstrated a lot of power progression as well as two comebacks from near-falls in his first run in the story, enough so that he is giving the fight with Freeza on Namek a run for it's money.
It would simply be gratutious and a self-parody of DB's reputation to give Moro yet another power up as well as a third comeback to boot in the already-longest arc of DBS.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:25 am

I wouldn't like it at all, it feels like it would clash thematically with Fused Zamasu, a DBS villain who already had a "dark/fallen angel" theme:
And yes I know the angel halo is slightly different, but thematically it's the same thing.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:51 am

The arc's already bloated af, Moro's had more than his fair share of power-ups that make varying degrees of sense. More to the point, how on Earth could he copy Merus's abilities now that Merus is erased from existence? Even with that potential Chekhov Gun of his arm crystal potentially still lying around somewhere, I doubt he could grab Goku's neck at this point, considering that the whole point of Ultra Instinct is that his body instantaneously reacts so it's doubtful that he can be taken by surprise in this state. Who am I kidding, it's probably gonna happen anyway...

Not to get into the transformation vs. mindset debate again but would Moro even be able to use Ultra Instinct effectively? He barely even has a conception of what it is. It's all about empty mindset and Moro at this point seems to be way too frazzled. Neither Ginyu or Goku Black could initially use Goku's power effectively when they stole his body.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:06 am

theherodjl wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:50 am
GodVegetto91 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:23 amWhy?

Moro has already demonstrated a lot of power progression as well as two comebacks from near-falls in his first run in the story, enough so that he is giving the fight with Freeza on Namek a run for it's money.
It would simply be gratutious and a self-parody of DB's reputation to give Moro yet another power up as well as a third comeback to boot in the already-longest arc of DBS.
You do have a point.. But if he’s going to get Angel powers than I’m going to stay in and take it xD I’ve always wanted to see MUI Goku do serious battle against an actual Angel.

Also, SupremeKai25, Merged Zamasu was a FAKE Angel. A pseudo Angel. An Angel Wannabe😃

Merus is a real one and Moro will have that one’s powers if my predictions are correct ofcourse.

And I see no problem at all with the two “clashing and contrasting” with eachother. On the absolute contrary, I actually LIKE that! It gives us another Angel like villain with a Halo, it’s fun and gives us something else to compare it to.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:12 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:06 am Also, SupremeKai25, Merged Zamasu was a FAKE Angel. A pseudo Angel. An Angel Wannabe😃

Merus is a real one and Moro will have that one’s powers if my predictions are correct ofcourse.

And I see no problem at all with the two “clashing and contrasting” with eachother. On the absolute contrary, I actually LIKE that! It gives us another Angel like villain with a Halo, it’s fun and gives us something else to compare it to.
That's literally not the point. I specifically mentioned how Zamasu not being an actual angel doesn't matter, because thematically he still has a divine halo around him.

How about the writers actually give Moro his own unique abilities and themes, instead of letting him steal stuff from a better villain?

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:54 am

It would be hilarious for this to happen, only for him to erase himself now that he's using angel abilities. :lol:
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:00 pm

CashmanX wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:54 am It would be hilarious for this to happen, only for him to erase himself now that he's using angel abilities. :lol:
That would actually be fitting. A villain that indulges in his abilities (stolen or otherwise) to erase himself by using a power that has that kind of consequence.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:35 pm

Thani wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:00 pm
CashmanX wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:54 am It would be hilarious for this to happen, only for him to erase himself now that he's using angel abilities. :lol:
That would actually be fitting. A villain that indulges in his abilities (stolen or otherwise) to erase himself by using a power that has that kind of consequence.
And anticlimactic. Moro being stopped via divine erasure would be a rehash of Zamasu's demise as well as yet another convenient solution for the Z Senshi.

JewyB
Beyond Newbie

Post by JewyB » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:21 am

theherodjl wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:35 pm
Thani wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:00 pm
And anticlimactic. Moro being stopped via divine erasure would be a rehash of Zamasu's demise as well as yet another convenient solution for the Z Senshi.
I think it depends how it's handled, when i first saw this thread i agreed it would just be a Zamasu rehash, but say it played out like this:

Moro gets angel powers from whatever reason, it is now linked with everything he does, he doesn't have the fine control of off/on like Merus had. He uses these powers(or any of his own, now they're linked), he loses a small portion of his existence. Of course, at first his ego would prevent him from fleeing the fight, until he realises each attack he makes is weakening him considerably. He decides on a tactical retreat and, instead of him being *boop* erased, we then get to see Moro travel across the galaxy tryng to restore himself, as he slowly eats himself to death.

Goku doesn't get the big victory, but he also doesnt have to become an executioner. At first its "We can't let him get away!" before Whis interjects with "You understand you've already won.", then we see Moro play out his death as Whis explains why in little squares.

Or you could have him survive even this, he goes back to being the fragile goat man and teeters on the edge of existence and starvation, that way he becomes a recurring character and loses his level of destructive threat.

I dont see either of these happening but anything is possible!

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:26 pm

Like Jewy said, it actually can work. Moro doesn't even have to fight with said power, so the victory would still be Goku's overall. He tries to gloat that with Merus' powers he is now invincible, just to realize that he's fading from existence - which also would make sense, if Angel law is absolute and Merus is gone, then the copy of Merus with Moro should also be gone, and probably take him with it when they get linked.

Anyway, if it has to go that way, I hope it's a case of the "Good is not a toy" trope. This isn't a power that anyone should be messing with right now, so the consequences of trying must be severe to someone not capable of enduring it (which Moro shouldn't be, anyway, let alone a tech piece like 7-3)

That would be actually cool tho, to see a villain defeated by his own actions like this. It would be novel in DB.

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:06 pm

This arc is all about facing enemies who get their strength from others. Moro only got so strong from eating the energy of planets, 7-3 is a force to be reckoned with because he can copy abilities/the strength of people he touches, and Moro's goons are strong because of energy that Moro gives them. And then this comes to a head with Moro stealing the abilities of someone who steals abilities.

It would be an interesting move if this was his downfall. He finally attains the ultimate power of an angel but the only thing he can do with it is fade away.

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:43 pm

Welp..

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:36 pm

shadd21 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:43 pm Welp..
I called that Moro would copy Merus!😃

Though in this shot he does not appear to have a Halo yet.. That, however, does NOT mean he won’t get it later on. He seems to have just copied Merus’ abilities in this shot here...

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:41 pm

Thani wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:26 pm

That would be actually cool tho, to see a villain defeated by his own actions like this. It would be novel in DB.

Merus sacrificing himself in order to trick Moro into absorbing his powers, does guarantee victory more than merely enabling Goku to master UI in order to defeat Moro. It gives Merus sacrifice more sense if Moro gets the punishment involving the angel laws. It's not that it's entirely unpredictable at this point, but as an ending it would be somehow fitting: Moro literary gets defeated because of his own cowardly fighting and stealing from others.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:36 pm

I have an even better idea.

Imagine if instead of a Halo, Moro just got fat. Really fat. And he got so fat, that his fat ass became a planet.