A controversial theory about the “strength” of Ultra Instinct..

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

A controversial theory about the “strength” of Ultra Instinct..

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:19 pm

My theory is that the actual “amount of ki”, “strength of the ki”, “numerical power level on a scouter, or kili meter” is the same as that of his Base Form.

Now, before you attack me, please hear me out and let me explain.

First of all, NO ONE is denying that the “striking power” of Ultra Instinct is vastly superior to SSJ Blue (and SSJ1 duh), No one is denying that Ultra Instinct punches and kicks harder and faster, and that all of his moves are way faster. No one.

What I’m arguing, is that that if you were to have SSJ1 Goku, Perfected SSJ Blue Goku, and perfected Ultra Instinct Goku standing next to eachother, and you were standing in front of them with a scouter, or ki meter, then they would all give the exact same numerical result, the exact same powerlevel. ”AMOUNT of Ki!”

Since they are ultimately the same form (or definitely SSJ1 and SSJ Blue are) Ultra Instinct could be compared to Base, which would actually make him appear “weaker” than the other two (who would’ve thought!?)

Because “SSJ Blue” really is just “SSJ1”, which has a specific power level to it, so it’s really SSJ1 who’s KI.. Is controlled to such a divine level, that there is so little ki leakage, that it can actually “use” all that power for battle! That’s why it’s so much “stronger” in battle than the regular SSJ1. So basically in this theory, “SSJ Blue...” or rather “Perfected SSJ Blue” is the ultimate potential of SSJ1! It’s the absolute highest actualization of the SSJ1 Power!

This means that the “multiplier” or “ki amount/number” would be lower than SSJ2 and SSJ3, but the actual “fighting power” (in battle) much higher!

And I think this is what Toriyama meant in his interview when he said that SSJ was Goku’s ultimate form to use, and will turn out much better than SSJ2 and SSJ3!

He was secretly talking about SSJ Blue!

But we didn’t know it yet!

Now as for Ultra Instinct, this might be a bit trickier. (Since it’s Goku’s “Base” form, rather than a SSJ state) But it can work! Because unlike SSB (which only has perfect ki control to make him stronger in battle), UI also has “mastery of self movement” ON TOP of perfect ki control (but then in Base!)

Mastery of Self Movement allows the user to punch, kick, strike and move WAAAAAYYYYYY faster than without! Which ofcourse also means much more powerful attacks! (Since speed is strength). Don’t believe me? Well lets look at a car that hits something with 240 miles per hour, and than lets look at another that hits something with only 30 miles an hour. And see which one hits harder and “does more damage”.

I think you get the point...

So my theory is that perfected Ultra Instinct Goku is really just “Base” Goku (with his “Base powerlevel”), controlling his “base ki level/power level” to a divine level (i.e. the full potential/actualization of the base power!) kindof like an “Ultimate State” but then with God Ki, and THEN, (on top of it) another “fighting power” increase, of the mastery of self movement ability!

It’s like, perfected Ultra Instinct Goku is BASE Goku’s ultimate potential/actualization!

While perfected SSJ Blue is SSJ1 Goku’s full potential/actualization! (But it’s still weaker than UI, because mastery of self movement has a much bigger effect in your “battle performance and power” then the 50 times multiplier of SSJ does!)

Get it?

So in this way, (purely according to scouters and ki meters), SSJ3 > SSJ2 > Perfected SSJ Blue Goku > Ultra Instinct Goku.

It’s pure genius!

Again, keep in mind that “battle performance” or “fighting strength” are wildly different things from the “amount of ki” a being possesses!

This is also why Goku is always seen tapping into Ultra Instinct from his Base Form!

This is also why UI has been stated by Merus to be the “opposite” way of doing things than the standard Super Saiyan transformation (which focuses on Rage and pure “power”) hence why it gets a 50x power increase. The “amount of ki” rises with it, so a scouter would say that the power level has gone up.

But with UI, the scouter would simply continue detecting the same power level of Base Goku! Yet Goku’s “striking power” is almost infinitely greater than SSJ Goku’s striking power!

It’s totally genius!

So basically what I’m saying is that “MUI” or “perfected Ultra Instinct” is the Base Form’s “TRUE power”. But it is locked for nearly everyone, because they don’t know the ways to get there so they use cheap shortcuts, such as SSJ1 and beyond to get more battle performance (“power”).

UI is thus the true version of Gohan’s “Ultimate State”.

Also keep in mind that it’s about actually being able to “USE” the Base state’s full potential.

The amount of ki that the Base “body” already possesses remains the same.

It’s Gohan’s “Ultimate state” done right!

GodVegetto91
Banned

Re: A controversial theory about the “strength” of Ultra Instinct..

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:05 pm

The god forms (SSG, SSB and UI) are all about ki manipulation. That is, you take (what is already there) i.e, the amount of ki that your body already possesses (your current max powerlevel hidden deep inside your body), and you manipulate it in just the right way to get these forms and “actual fighting power”.

Whilst with SSJ1, 2, and 3, is literally an increase in the amount of energy that your body possesses.

So the “power level” (on a scouter) would go up.

But UI is different, you’re ”using” the exact same energy that your body already possesses (that was previously unavailable to you) for battle.

By having very low ki leakage (as in SSJ Blue), the theory goes that “ki/aura leaking” can be seen as “losing power” hence why normal Super Saiyan forms are a lot weaker in battle. But with SSB, there is so little ki leakage (“power loss”!), that you can actually USE that power (which in reality is far greater than we’ve imagined) for battle.

UI has something else in conjunction to it, it gives your body the ability to act and decide on its own. Hence no time wasted on the traveling from the signals of your brain to your muscles, hence more speed, hence more power!

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:18 pm

You're overthinking.
That's not controversial.

Being a fantasy thing, it doesn't need to be coherent to any actual physic model.

UI can simply be stated as "a condition of pure focusing" that's actually VERY VERY VERY similar to the "no thinking" status of The Last Samurai movie.

The strange thing, and why people is a little confused about, is how that thing is usually a "low tier" technique in many martial arts (sometime the BASIC of martial arts) while is shown there as an outstanding divine thing.

In fact it's a lazy or silly way to explain the nature of the next Goku transformation - 'cause is that, just a boost in power again with a recolor again.
It's practically speaking the ADVANCED "KAIOHKEN V2.0" OF A DIVINE BEING.
Nothing else.

With such premise, that's not smart or indepth as you can imagine, they can do whatever: probably a Kamehameha thrown by an UI individual will be stronger just because, while Ui should just work on your perceptions degree.
Goku alkready shown display of SHEER strenght in UI status.
It's just fantasy, it doesn't need to be logical (while it's appreciated if it's coherent thru time...).
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:41 pm

Here's a simpler way of looking at it that works better in my opinion:

Ultra Instinct provides such immense Ki control that every strike or block from the perfected version hits/defends with all the Ki amplification your body can muster.

In essence, your own Ki is reactive and will maximize its efficiency alongside your bodily movements. Your body goes to punch? Your Ki will focus in your fist that will, in conjunction with perfect movement, hit an opponent's vulnerable areas as hard as possible.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:42 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:41 pm Here's a simpler way of looking at it that works better in my opinion:

Ultra Instinct provides such immense Ki control that every strike or block from the perfected version hits/defends with all the Ki amplification your body can muster.

In essence, your own Ki is reactive and will maximize its efficiency alongside your bodily movements. Your body goes to punch? Your Ki will focus in your fist that will, in conjunction with perfect movement, hit an opponent's vulnerable areas as hard as possible.
THIS

UI is automatically using the best possible movement one can use at the maximum possible output, automatically!