I want this Arc to be dragged out for a few more chapters, so certain plot points that I wish to see happen may happen

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

I want this Arc to be dragged out for a few more chapters, so certain plot points that I wish to see happen may happen

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:34 am

I know that I am definitely in the small minority of this opinion.. But even though this Arc has been going on for such a long time.. What difference does a few extra chapters to it make?😂

When Toyotaro did the ToP Arc, everyone was complaining that it was RUSHED. Yet now it’s the complete and total opposite of being rushed and Toyotaro is taking his sweet ass time to cover as much detail and plot points as possible, and yet you guys still complain! Wtf!

I want to see a few things happen...

MUI Goku still being too much for regular Merus Moro... (Non-Angelic Galactic Patrolman version of Merus), hence why he “ragequits” by merging with the earth in this latest released image..

Then he merges with the Earth, allowing Vegeta to get his big moment! by separating Moro from the earth (not from 73 or Merus yet!)

Then somehow Moro figures out Merus’ Full Angel powers, and gains a Halo!

Making him finally strong enough to fight against and eventually OVERPOWER MUI Goku!

Our hero loses...

Allowing Vegeta to get a bad flashback about how Goku has “surpassed him yet AGAIN!” And yet despite the extreme anger, sadness, disappointment and frustration... Vegeta gains self control over his intense emotions thanks to his Spirit Control training, and instantly masters UI!

Having completed Ultra Instinct, with a much more powerful Base, SSJ Blue and SSJ Blue Evolution than Goku..., He’s actually strong enough to overpower and BEAT Angel Moro!!! Forced Spirit Fissioning him from 73, and killing both of them after in the process!

Ending the Arc..

EGonzo
Beyond Newbie

Re: I want this Arc to be dragged out for a few more chapters, so certain plot points that I wish to see happen may happ

Post by EGonzo » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:38 pm

No offense, man, but that sounds terrible. But the way things are going you have a decent chance of being completely right.

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Re: I want this Arc to be dragged out for a few more chapters, so certain plot points that I wish to see happen may happ

Post by ZodiacBeast » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:50 pm

At least give Veggie a unique form. I don't want him to just copy everything that Goku does.

And I hate that we're already at a villain that is potentially as strong as an Angel. To be honest, I wanted Super to end with Goku and Vegeta finally being able to match and/or beat Beerus. Yes, Whis would still be stronger, but so what?

Man, it feels awkward. Then again, Toyo's been wanking Moro something hard, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:59 am

ZodiacBeast wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:50 pm At least give Veggie a unique form. I don't want him to just copy everything that Goku does.

I hate that we're already at a villain that is potentially as strong as an Angel.

I wanted Super to end with Goku and Vegeta finally being able to match and/or beat Beerus.
Both him and Goku have too many forms, there's no need for any more.

Same here, we barely saw Goku and Vegeta put up a fight with destroyer level beings (Jiren&Broly), yet now we're jumping into angle level ?

We're now dealing with the 3rd being in a row to be stronger than Beerus, yet somehow he's still the end goal for Goku and Vegeta ?

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:27 am

Maybe Vegeta can have a "Perfected Spirit Control" state then. It doesn't have to be a transformation, I just want him to do his own thing.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:46 pm

UI should stay exclusive to a single character.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:06 am

I mean, to be honest, as crazy as this sounds, Moro becoming one with the Earth does “SOMEHOW” not look like a proper ending to an Arc.. You may be wondering why, but I’ll give you a hint: The Cell Arc!

This moment of Moro becoming one with the earth is similar to Perfect Cell becoming a Giant, attacking Gohan, getting his ass kicked and then losing his form and blowing himself up in order to “blow up the earth”. Same sort of thing going on here with Moro now.

I’m telling you, after Vegeta Forced Spirit Fissions him apart from the Earth, Moro is somehow going to gain another power-up. Like Perfect Cell did, after he blew himself up! He got a Zenkai! And became Super Perfect Cell! Even more perfect than before.

I think Moro is somehow going to figure out Merus’ full power and turn 100% Angel, complete with Halo and all, and be able to sustain it aswell in about 2 Chapters from now I predict...

I just feel like there’s something bigger waiting around the corner, and Moro really didn’t feel like a big threat this chapter, even WITH “Merus’ powers”! He felt very underwhelming! And if he becomes one with Earth, and all Vegeta has to do is Forced Spirit Fission him to separate him from not only the Earth, but from Merus and 73 for good and then killing them and ending the arc sounds like too much of an EASY victory! That can’t be it, especially with how many power-ups Moro has already gotten throughout this whole Arc!

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:04 pm

This whole "the arc NEEDS to end on a super-ultra-mega-special-ultra exciting awesome climax!" schtick is ridiculous. Moro merged with the Earth. How do you top that, other than MORE "this isn't even my final form" where he merges with the universe?

Oh, wait...

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:17 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:06 am I mean, to be honest, as crazy as this sounds, Moro becoming one with the Earth does “SOMEHOW” not look like a proper ending to an Arc.. You may be wondering why, but I’ll give you a hint: The Cell Arc!

This moment of Moro becoming one with the earth is similar to Perfect Cell becoming a Giant, attacking Gohan, getting his ass kicked and then losing his form and blowing himself up in order to “blow up the earth”. Same sort of thing going on here with Moro now.

I’m telling you, after Vegeta Forced Spirit Fissions him apart from the Earth, Moro is somehow going to gain another power-up. Like Perfect Cell did, after he blew himself up! He got a Zenkai! And became Super Perfect Cell! Even more perfect than before.

I think Moro is somehow going to figure out Merus’ full power and turn 100% Angel, complete with Halo and all, and be able to sustain it aswell in about 2 Chapters from now I predict...

I just feel like there’s something bigger waiting around the corner, and Moro really didn’t feel like a big threat this chapter, even WITH “Merus’ powers”! He felt very underwhelming! And if he becomes one with Earth, and all Vegeta has to do is Forced Spirit Fission him to separate him from not only the Earth, but from Merus and 73 for good and then killing them and ending the arc sounds like too much of an EASY victory! That can’t be it, especially with how many power-ups Moro has already gotten throughout this whole Arc!
I'd like to believe that Moro absorbing the Earth is the equivalent of Super Perfect Cell -- a last minute power-up that forces a more climactic conclusion. Funnily enough I've also made the comparison in the manga thread.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:01 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:46 pm UI should stay exclusive to a single character.
Vegeta has far better Spirit Control than Goku now thanks to his training on Planet Yardrat. If achieving UI would come naturally to anyone, it would definitely be Vegeta at this point.

Don’t forget he also trained under Whis aswell... And even longer than Goku at that! And more aswell.

JewyB
Beyond Newbie

Post by JewyB » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:03 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:46 pm UI should stay exclusive to a single character.
Yes there are too many forms available for everyone, we need a form limited to certain people to really balance the playing field.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:20 pm

JewyB wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:03 pm
Yes there are too many forms available for everyone, we need a form limited to certain people to really balance the playing field.
Yes, limited to everyone EXCEPT for Goku AND Vegeta... (See my post above^ for why Vegeta is now in a perfect position to achieve UI).

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:27 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:20 pm
Yes, limited to everyone EXCEPT for Goku AND Vegeta... (See my post above^ for why Vegeta is now in a perfect position to achieve UI).
I disagree that spirit control makes UI easier.

I could see an argument for hyper focused control of yours or others ki is more akin to really concentrating/focusing whereas UI is literally NOT thinking.

If Vegeta gets UI it's just because he's finally become that much of a good martial artist/calmed down evolved as a person.
I don't think Spirit Control will be a factor imo.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:46 pm

TobyS wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:27 am
GodVegetto91 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:20 pm

I disagree that spirit control makes UI easier.

I could see an argument for hyper focused control of yours or others ki is more akin to really concentrating/focusing whereas UI is literally NOT thinking.

If Vegeta gets UI it's just because he's finally become that much of a good martial artist/calmed down evolved as a person.
I don't think Spirit Control will be a factor imo.
Yeah lets just ignore the fact that Spirit Control is essentially another name for “self control in the face of a jarring shock to your emotions.” (I.e. EMOTION Control.) Sounds VERY similair to “Spirit” Control. Doesn’t it? You know, (the very entity that produces your emotions in the first place!) Your argument is very, very terrible and extremely flawed.

How is UI achieved?

(In simple terms), it’s achieved through controlling your emotions..

What does Vegeta have?

Spirit Control..

Same thing!

Spirit/Mind/Soul is the entity that produces emotions. If you have control over your spirit, you’ll have control overs its products aswell - (its “emotions”).!

You guys will think of anything to justify denying Vegeta the possibility of tapping into UI. Even if it goes against all known evidence, reason and logic.. (Which naturally shows that you all have a clear bias against him obtaining it.)

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:00 pm

I said I don't care if Vegeta goes and gets UI, keep up mate.

I just don't think it should be because of spirit control.

Spirit control is like being calm but UI is clearing your mind of all thought and your body reacting entirely freely.

Vegetas still Vegeta, manga Vegeta is getting there as a person anime Vegeta is still a massive twat.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:01 pm

In what chapter was spirit control explained in such detail?

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:30 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:01 pm In what chapter was spirit control explained in such detail?
Yeah, I want to know the details of SC.

Only one chapter a month makes me forget things.

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:04 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:46 pm You guys will think of anything to justify denying Vegeta the possibility of tapping into UI. Even if it goes against all known evidence, reason and logic.. (Which naturally shows that you all have a clear bias against him obtaining it.)
And you're doing any possible effort to validate a wild guess: your idea sucks, to me. You can't do nothing about.
Have Vegeta skip the entire progresses Goku did to come to UI AND MUI, not speaking the specific Merus training that Vegeta missed.
The fact you're missing is that finally Vegeta is not a washed down carbon copy of Goku but begin to have a proper own evolution route. Maybe with some different (but potentially equivalent) techniques.
And that's more exciting to have two of the same thing. Vegeta pride is long gone.

As for Cell arc... this is a mash up of everything included Freeza arc and RoF movie. So, it could also end with Goku and Moro detonate, spheres to resurrect everyone but Goku's missing as he was sucked into a black hole... or something like the end of Frieza arc.
Well, that's nice and allow for some extra new adventures (Goku in another dimension, other people struggle without him).
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.