Found out the non-green-tinted version of Broly has no English dub, anyone know why?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Planetnamek
Banned

Found out the non-green-tinted version of Broly has no English dub, anyone know why?

Post by Planetnamek » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:44 pm

Just wondering why the correct-colored version is lacking the dub as that almost never happens with UK releases of anime, is it just Funimation being jerks for no reason or is it Toei calling the shots?

Also, does anyone know if there is a fan-remaster out there that has the correct-colored version with the film with the English dub audio? Cause that would be really cool if that existed, as is both versions of the film are flawed in some way and it would be nice to have that perfect version.
"Why run away from something you're not afraid of?" - Goku

kyppk
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Found out the non-green-tinted version of Broly has no English dub, anyone know why?

Post by kyppk » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:27 am

The Manga UK Blurays have the English dub without the green tint.

Planetnamek
Banned

Re: Found out the non-green-tinted version of Broly has no English dub, anyone know why?

Post by Planetnamek » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:41 pm

kyppk wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:27 am The Manga UK Blurays have the English dub without the green tint.
Oh they do? Cool.
"Why run away from something you're not afraid of?" - Goku

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:04 pm

Strangely enough it's only the Netflix version that is sub only. As stated previously Manga UK's Blu-Rays indeed have both audio tracks (Another reason to support physical media :wink: ). Funimation had no part in this, because Manga UK went the extra mile to use an authoring house rather than importing Funi's version.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

The Undying
Banned Alternate Account

Post by The Undying » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:58 pm

Speaking for myself, I went with Manga UK's version and also purchased a region free Blu-Ray player. No regrets.

I'm not giving Funimation a dime for substandard work, no matter whose fault it is (even though Manga UK is currently a subsidiary, I believe).
Formerly Marlowe89.