Is DBS Krillin On Par With Namek Freeza?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TobyS
I Live Here

Re: Is DBS Krillin On Par With Namek Freeza?

Post by TobyS » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:22 am

Yep bog base Goku is weaker than 100% final Freeza.
God absorbed into base doesn't exist in the manga and I'd argue that it's been retconned out of the anime too (don't actually argue with me I don't care about the anime)

The key thing people forget is Goku was using 20x kaioken and was still weaker then 50-80ish percent Freeza.

So he could have got as much as 40x stronger.
SS Is a massive amount more x50 so he only needs small gains to be much stronger in the more recent sagas.

So Kuririn was weaker then both of them.

They all got a lot stronger in the Moro arc, Kuririn is the only one really scaleable feats wise ironically as he fights the same guy twice and wins easier the second time.
Last edited by TobyS on Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:56 am

In the anime, most fighters, Kuririn included I believe, were shattering the stage made out of Katchin. That at the very least places him above Boo arc base Gohan. Considering that Kuririn was able to overwhelm base Goku in their sparring match and forced him to turn Super Saiyan, this only mere hours after besting a base Gohan that was comparable to base Goku (they had sparred in SS a few episodes beforehand), then he's comparable to the current base Saiyans. I'm sure some folks are going to claim Goku was holding back, but if Goku was thousands or millions of times stronger than Kuririn in his base form, he wouldn't need to turn Super Saiyan to avoid being pushed out of the ring; he could have simply just powered-up, and there's no significant thematic point made in the episode about his Super Saiyan transformation, unlike his Super Saiyan Blue one.

How strong base Saiyans are depends on whether or not you believe that Goku absorbing Super Saiyan God's essence into his base or Super Saiyan form is a concept the writers of the anime paid any mind to following the Resurrection F arc. Outside of the Copy Vegeta arc, most of the time Goku has been directly compared to someone else, he seems to lack the "feats" that support his strength being comparable to his SSG self from the Battle of Gods arc (needing to turn Super Saiyan 2 against future Trunks who had barely defeated Dabra a year prior, being overpowered in the ToP by someone #18 could handle, the aforementioned bout with Kuririn, turning Super Saiyan to deal with Frost who had some difficulty with Piccolo, etc). He seems, instead, to follow naturally from his Boo arc self. Either way, Kuririn would surpass namek Freeza by scaling from base Goku.

Now the manga, it's a little bit less clear considering he has less fights to gauge his strength from. He was easily defeated by Frost, and his next showings only come around in the Galactic Prisoner arc. He defeats Yunba after his two month training, but he's unable to defeat the Miza-Iwaza-Kikaza fusion which Goku one shots (though it is heavily visually implied he used his ultra instinct Sign form). There's not much here to say whether he has surpassed Freeza or not, so since it's fair to assume he's still weaker than the base Saiyans, who arguably could still be weaker than Namek Freeza since they haven't improved much since Battle of Gods, he's still weaker.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:23 pm

Magnificent Ponta wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:17 am
theherodjl wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:43 am
Super Murjin wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:47 pmKrillin would be at best maybe around First Form Frieza, Second, maybe Third Form.
Could 1st/2nd/3rd Form Freeza be sensed from deep space? Because Krillin definitely can.
But Goku is already looking for Earth, and he knows the general direction. He was also able to sense the Namekians from as far away as Kaio's, when told whereabouts to look - even collectively, that's a power of arguably much less than 300,000 (around 100 Namekians, most of whom have a power below 3,000).

I'm not saying that's any indication of what Kuririn's power might be; just that overall, I don't think Goku being able to detect Kuririn from afar is necessarily a particularly clear indication as to what the size of his ki might be.
On top of that, Saganbo's ki signature was on the rise at the moment, yet Goku somehow couldn't/wouldn't sense it to come home (and he'd already encountered him, and Gohan stated Saganbo's ki was growing, so he had enough ki to be felt), but it doesn't mean Krilin > Saganbo.

I think Goku's honed abilities and the fact that Krilin has a much more familiar ki signature (and was also trying to communicate with him) were the reasons why Goku tagged along his energy to return.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:01 am

theherodjl wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:15 am Not necessarily Freeza's 100% power but at least some degree of 4th Form Freeza? Krillin was able to be sensed by Goku in deep space which is a first for any Human character in DB.
...Or does Krillin still have some way to go?
Anime Krillin is on another level. The anime humans have been leaps and bounds stronger than the manga humans since Namek. DBS anime Krillin is in the ballpark of #18 who was already more than 2x stronger than Frieza when she was introduced in DBZ.

IDK about manga Krillin. I think the prisoners would all be considered impressive to some degree but its still difficult to place all of them. Other than defeating Yunba, manga Krillin hasn't done much.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Super Murjin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Super Murjin » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:48 pm

Wouldn't Goku being stronger enable him to be able to also improve his sensing abilities?

wolflonnie
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wolflonnie » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:00 am

Definitely. There is one small, yet important detail that gives it out.
Early Moro arc Goku & Vegeta needed at least SSJ to fight off empowered Moro goons.
Post training Krillin, Yamcha etc. can fight on par with fatass panda guy etc., who we have no reason to believe they've been empowered less than other goons.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:35 am

wolflonnie wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:00 am Definitely. There is one small, yet important detail that gives it out.
Early Moro arc Goku & Vegeta needed at least SSJ to fight off empowered Moro goons.
Post training Krillin, Yamcha etc. can fight on par with fatass panda guy etc., who we have no reason to believe they've been empowered less than other goons.
But they also fought multiple goons,

Also the panda and other guy excluding 7 3 who didn't start out special were kinda the spare losers, they might be even weaker then the regular goons. It's too hard to say.

wolflonnie
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wolflonnie » Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:40 pm

TobyS wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:35 am
wolflonnie wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:00 am Definitely. There is one small, yet important detail that gives it out.

Also the panda and other guy excluding 7 3 who didn't start out special were kinda the spare losers, they might be even weaker then the regular goons. It's too hard to say.
Right, it's circumstantial proof, nonetheless a very solid possibility. I mean, why give less power to the goons who stayed with 7-3.

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:33 am

Except it is hard to say at all.
No way in hell random goons were more powerful than the goons who actually were named and were implied to be the "top" prisoners their besides Moro. Nothing suggests they're weaker then the random prisoners, nothing at all besides your bias.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:48 am

Ilikepictures-meh wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:33 am

Except it is hard to say at all.
No way in hell random goons were more powerful than the goons who actually were named and were implied to be the "top" prisoners their besides Moro. Nothing suggests they're weaker then the random prisoners, nothing at all besides your bias.
Get a grip I'm not bias I'm the humans biggest high baller.
I haven't reread Moro as I moved overseas, I was conflating the macaroni gang or whatever with the guys who checked out earth with 7-3

Goku one shot, in base, the lieutenant who gave Ten, Yamcha and Chaozu trouble, whereas the random henchmen they didn't manage to kill all of while blue or red or ss3, and Goku even got punched in SS3 and as I recall they both struggled once in base against the juiced up opponents. Kuririn wouldn't have survived that caliber of fight on Namek but he was able to beat the single panda later, which made me think those guys were also Rans.

Did they know earth was where Goku and co were from untill later?
Did Moro learn about and backup into 7-3 till after their attempt on earth?

7-3 only became relavent after the neck touch, untill then that squad wasn't special as I recall.

But as I said I'm going off memory.

I'd be happy if we got high feats for the humans but no one else fights the panda or the lieutenants.

Saganbo has several fights but also several powerups so it's a hard arc to scale iirc.

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:49 pm

TobyS wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:48 am
Ilikepictures-meh wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:33 am

Except it isn't hard to say at all.
Get a grip I'm not bias I'm the humans biggest high baller.
I haven't reread Moro as I moved overseas, I was conflating the macaroni gang or whatever with the guys who checked out earth with 7-3

Goku one shot, in base, the lieutenant who gave Ten, Yamcha and Chaozu trouble, whereas the random henchmen they didn't manage to kill all of while blue or red or ss3, and Goku even got punched in SS3 and as I recall they both struggled once in base against the juiced up opponents. Kuririn wouldn't have survived that caliber of fight on Namek but he was able to beat the single panda later, which made me think those guys were also Rans.

Did they know earth was where Goku and co were from untill later?
Did Moro learn about and backup into 7-3 till after their attempt on earth?

7-3 only became relavent after the neck touch, untill then that squad wasn't special as I recall.

But as I said I'm going off memory.

I'd be happy if we got high feats for the humans but no one else fights the panda or the lieutenants.

Saganbo has several fights but also several powerups so it's a hard arc to scale iirc.
The Goku who one shot the lieutenant beating down Yamcha and company was a Goku who just finished training with Merus, no? He was missing in space somewhere and needed Krillin's energy to instant transmission to Earth, so I pretty sure I'm right.

Also the only reason Goku and Vegeta were struggling against the random prisoners was due to Moro giving the randoms his energy/a power up earlier, and Moro was sapping their energy during that fight. Which is why they couldn't go Ssj after a bit.