How Would You Have Written Dragon Ball Super?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

How Would You Have Written Dragon Ball Super?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:39 pm

Or to be more precise, how would you had written the literal Timeline of events of Dragon Ball Super if you literally would have been able to create your very own version of the Dragon Ball Super series in any way you would have liked?

Matches Malone
Banned

Re: How Would You Have Written Dragon Ball Super?

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:34 pm

1- The Pilaf gang would be removed from BOG and Super as a whole.

2- RF wouldn't happen.

3.1- U6 wouldn't include any Saiyans or Frost.

3.2- Champa's tournament would have both Buu and Piccolo play major roles in it.

3.3- No Monaca, Gohan would take that 5th spot instead.

4.1- The Zamasu arc would fully take place in U10 , with warriors from that universe playing a major role in it.

4.2- Future Trunks wouldn't be in the Zamasu arc

5.1- The Tournament of power would only be between 4 universes instead of 8. U6, U7, U10, & U11.

5.2- The number of fighters per universe can be anywhere from 1 to 7, it's up to each universe.

5.3- U7's team would include Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Buu, Gohan, Android 17, and Future Trunks instead of Freeza.

6- No Broly reboot.

7.1- In the Moro arc Vegeta arrives to the final battle before Goku, with his fight playing out exactly the same as it did originally.

7.2- Goku and Merus arrive after Moro eats 7-3.

7.3- Merus' sacrifice is the same, but instead of it triggering MUI, Goku awakens Omen instead.

7.4- Omen Goku completely dominates Moro and eventually kills him, no Senzu nonsense.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:23 pm

There's probably more, but that's what I can think of right now:

BoG:

- Beerus' fight with Boo, Gotenks and Gohan would be longer, with things like SS3 Gotenks and Boo trying to transform Beerus in some candy, but failing.
- More explanation about Goku's new status after his fight with Beerus.

RoF:

- More details about Freeza's training.
- More explanations about Goku and Vegeta's status (Beyond God).
- Boo, Gotenks, Goten, Trunks, Yamcha and Chaos making a better participation in the arc.

Universe 6:

- The fights would be in this order: Piccolo X Botamo, Piccolo X Frost, Buu X Frost, Buu X Magetta, Vegeta X Magetta, Vegeta X Kyabe, Vegeta X Hit, Goku X Hit, Monaca X Hit.
- In the fight "Frost X Piccolo", Frost would win with the poison, but with Boo this strategy wouldn't work.
- Explanation about why Goku and Vegeta aren't using Beyond God anymore, and about their SS forms.

Trunks/Black:

- Explanation about SS Rage.
- Explanation about Gattai Zamasu getting weakened by Vegetto before Trunks' Genki Sword. Also, Goku would create the Genkidama, but he would be attacked by Zamasu before he could launch it.
- Explanation about timelines and how the events happened.
- More interaction between Goten and Future Trunks.
- Goku and Vegeta would meet Future Chichi and Future Bulma in the end.

ToP:

- Making some combinations like Piccolo/17, Krillin/Tien/Roshi or Goku/Gohan.
- More fights between other universes.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:06 am

Battle of Gods - Literally wouldn't change a thing. Copy and paste the movie.

Between Battle of Gods and Resurrection F
- Cut EVERYTHING in Between the two movies. We didn't need episodes of Vegeta replacing Beerus' sheets
- Replace with an awesome 12 episode saga where Vegeta does the Super Saiyan God ritual. Goku hasn't learned to fully access the power yet and Vegeta holds him to the promise to do the ritual on him this time. Have Whis invite the two to train at the end.

Resurrection F
- Cut and paste the movie for the most part. However:
- Remove Super Saiyan Blue. I liked the idea of Goku and Vegeta fighting in their base forms and absorbing the power of god into their bases.
- The red hair form should only be temporary, accessed through the ritual, and be used in extremely serious circumstances.
- Include Yamcha, Chiaotzu, Buu, and Hercule too. Maybe there could be a gag scene where Hercule struggles to defeat one guy while the Z fighters deal with the army.
- Include Abo and Kado from the Yo! Son Goku and his Friends Return film as part of Sorbet's crew.
- Have Sorbet shoot Frieza for killing all those "good men"
- No rewind.
- Cut literally everything between the Resurrection F saga and Champa showing up to Beerus' planet when Goku and Vegeta are in the weighted clothes

Universe 6 saga
- Botamo isn't a complete idiot. Having an invulnerable fighter is a good idea. I would devote 2-3 episodes to his fight with Goku and actually push Goku a bit.
- Ditch the "winner stays in the ring" format so Piccolo can go second without Goku losing.
- Frost is legitimately a good guy.
- Piccolo doesn't instantly rush to charging the special beam cannon. I wanted to see some martial arts between him and Frost.
- Piccolo wins and doesn't resign.
- I wanted see each matches be more than 1-2 episodes.
- Buu participates, gives Magetta one hell of a fight, and ultimately wins through insults.
- Against Hit, the fighters draw balls. Piccolo goes first, Buu second, Vegeta third, and Goku last.
- Piccolo uses his Hellzone Grenade, but Hit escapes out of it.
- Buu gets VERY angry, blowing out steam when Hit uses his time skip, and eventually loses.
- The Destroyers let Goku and Hit suspend the rules so Goku and Hit can go all out. After one hell of a fight, where Goku whips out Kaioken on his God infused base form, Goku wins.

Zamasu saga
- Trunks found Android 16, had his mother overclock him, and made him part of the resistance.
- Future Bulma isn't killed off until AFTER she gets to see Vegeta and the fine family man he would have turned out to be.
- Vegeta and Trunks train in the time chamber.
- Goku Black isn't Zamasu. Would have loved if he was a different character in Future Goku's body. Or a version of Goku who never hit his head and became a mercenary/assassin for hire after experiencing much horror in life.
- The permanent fusion isn't retconned.
- The Vegito fight is cool and lasts like 2-3 episodes.
- Goku Black is killed by Vegito and Zamasu is sealed.
- Vegito goes to New Namek and picks up Dende, who is a huge help in rebuilding the planet and defusing Vegito
- Cut mostly everything between Zamasu and the Tournament of Power recruitment.

Tournament of Power saga
- 12 fighters per team.
- Future Trunks is invited.
- Goten, Trunks, and Chiaotzu are seriously considered and not dismissed right away for BS reasons.
- Elder Kai unlocks the potentials of Piccolo, Yamcha, Tien, Krillin, Roshi, and 18 in the Time Chamber, explaining why they're able to compete with near God Tier fighters.
- Frieza defects to the other universe.
- Goku considers Pikkon and other warriors in other world, but realizes the day pass process takes too long.
- Yamcha is invited and not treated like a gag character.
- The other universes actually eliminate each other and it's not all left up to universe 7.
- The Trio of Danger use the abilities they used in the exposition match.
- Kale is written in a way where she's not unhealthily attached to Calufila.
- Krillin isn't eliminated until after Roshi.
- EVERY character gets a little mini arc in the tournament of at least 2-4 episodes like Roshi did. Where it's just as good, and they fight with just as much heart.
- Trunks and Frieza banter.
- Give Yamcha and Tien the portara earrings.
- Give the other universes fused characters.
- Cut the padding and gag characters out.
- Gohan and Piccolo team up to defeat Dyspo.
- Frieza still aligns with Goku towards the end. Seeing it as his only chance at survival.
- Remove 99% of the scenes of people in the audience and Zeno reacting.

Broly saga
- Pretty much the same. Except Super Saiyan Blue still doesn't exist and Gogeta (who is accessing the red haired God form somehow) uses a Big Bang Kamehameha at the end.

Moro saga
- I would change A LOT of things.
- Moro needed a backstory. One that was a few chapters long. Maybe even one where he was connected to Babidi.
- 17 and 18 should have fused after they fought Moro and gave him a good fight in the next chapter.
- Moro should have been connected to the Gods of Destruction more.
- Human fights on Earth SIGNIFICANTLY longer. I'm talking Bleach long.
- I would change a lot more. Just can't think right now.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:44 am

Honestly, the only thing I'd do is recap the first two movies into one episode, and start with the U6 arc after. Is the Super series perfect? no. But all Toei did was build hype for 26 episodes, so really any misteps going forward would be exemplified as utter failures because our time was wasted to begin with, and then the next arc was lackluster.

IF the 2 movies were recapped to one episode then going to the U6 tournament:

-We would have been too excited for Goku and the others back on TV to be frustrated about Hit being the only U6 fighter that's worth anything.
-The Zamasu arc ending would still stink, but we'd still be riding that high of Dragonball back on and let that slide too.
-Still think the Universal Survival Arc would try everyone's patience, but the series would still be in a better place if they didn't waste the first 26 episodes.
-Almost sure that Broly would be its own story arc and not its movie, and if not, we'd go to the Moro arc. No reason why the Broly movie couldn't take place before the Moro arc

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:32 am

I will never understand why some people are disappointed that Goku Black was Zamasu.

Like, that's what makes him unique in the first place. If he was just a version of Goku manipulated by Zamasu, he'd literally be a Turles clone. Just another bloodthirsty lower class Saiyan. But since he's an actual Supreme Kai in a Saiyan body, he has the mannerism, beauty, and elegance of the Gods, coupled with the Saiyans' lust for battle, which makes him very unique.

Plus it's supposed to lead to the karma for Zamasu. Merging with Goku's body gave Zamasu endless power, but it also disrupted the balance between his immortal soul and mortal body, which ultimately led to his defeat. You could say that he made a slight miscalculation, but oh well.

I also can't imagine having the Zamasu arc without Future Trunks, as his meddling with time is one of the main reasons why Zamasu hates mortals, and it ties perfectly into the events of Z. Trunks is presented as a hero, but at the same time he literally shattered the time-space continuum, which adds a moral dilemma and nuances in the story. Which is exactly what Toriyama wanted to achieve with the character of Zamasu.

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:26 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:32 am I will never understand why some people are disappointed that Goku Black was Zamasu.

Like, that's what makes him unique in the first place. If he was just a version of Goku manipulated by Zamasu, he'd literally be a Turles clone. Just another bloodthirsty lower class Saiyan. But since he's an actual Supreme Kai in a Saiyan body, he has the mannerism, beauty, and elegance of the Gods, coupled with the Saiyans' lust for battle, which makes him very unique.

Plus it's supposed to lead to the karma for Zamasu. Merging with Goku's body gave Zamasu endless power, but it also disrupted the balance between his immortal soul and mortal body, which ultimately led to his defeat. You could say that he made a slight miscalculation, but oh well.
I actually sort of share this sentiment. In retrospect, I never actually cared for the novelty of "evil Goku", and his Kai-elitism is what really enrichens his personailty.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:19 am

PurestEvil wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:26 am
SupremeKai25 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:32 am I will never understand why some people are disappointed that Goku Black was Zamasu.

I actually sort of share this sentiment. In retrospect, I never actually cared for the novelty of "evil Goku", and his Kai-elitism is what really enrichens his personailty.
Yes, he also never gave me the impression that he was actually Goku, even though many people were speculating that he was an alternate version of Goku who was raised by Zamasu, or he was Future Goku who was resurrected and controlled by Zamasu.

Everything, from his poses in the opening, to his clothes and speech patterns, gave me the impression that he really was just the Supreme Kai Zamasu. So I don't know what people were expecting, or how this is bad writing.

I often read stuff like "Black was much more interesting before we knew he was Zamasu" or "I wish Black was his own character and not Zamasu, he'd be more interesting", and these arguments don't really make sense to me. I definitely wouldn't change Black's identity if I could rewrite Super.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:57 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:34 pm 1- The Pilaf gang would be removed from BOG and Super as a whole.

2- RF wouldn't happen.

3.1- U6 wouldn't include any Saiyans or Frost.

3.2- Champa's tournament would have both Buu and Piccolo play major roles in it.

3.3- No Monaca, Gohan would take that 5th spot instead.

4.1- The Zamasu arc would fully take place in U10 , with warriors from that universe playing a major role in it.

4.2- Future Trunks wouldn't be in the Zamasu arc

5.1- The Tournament of power would only be between 4 universes instead of 8. U6, U7, U10, & U11.

5.2- The number of fighters per universe can be anywhere from 1 to 7, it's up to each universe.

5.3- U7's team would include Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Buu, Gohan, Android 17, and Future Trunks instead of Freeza.

6- No Broly reboot.

7.1- In the Moro arc Vegeta arrives to the final battle before Goku, with his fight playing out exactly the same as it did originally.

7.2- Goku and Merus arrive after Moro eats 7-3.

7.3- Merus' sacrifice is the same, but instead of it triggering MUI, Goku awakens Omen instead.

7.4- Omen Goku completely dominates Moro and eventually kills him, no Senzu nonsense.
Thank you, Matches Malone. For replying and even coming up with a far better version of Dragon Ball Super than all of the official versions that we had ever gotten so far, but I am sorry for not making it clear enough that I meant the entire Timeline of events that happened from the very beginning of the Dragon World itself to the very end of the Timeline of Dragon Ball Super would have been able to be changed to your very own liking.

Which would have included the events before Dragon Ball, the events of Dragon Ball, the events of Dragon Ball Z, the events of Dragon Ball Super, and even the events of Dragon Ball GT, that is if you would have been interested to have covered your very own version of Dragon Ball GT like how you did with Dragon Ball Super.

Also, if you would like, I can show you my very own personal version of the Dragon Ball Super Timeline.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:47 pm

Battle of Gods
1. Beerus would actually awaken during the ending of the Buu saga. Whis, despite not being allowed or interested in fighting, was subtly helping the gang with defeating Buu. After waking up, Beerus is informed that Buu had reawakened and almost destroyed everything while he was asleep. Beerus briefly panicks about it since he could have died, after all, but is intrigued when Whis informs him that it were saiyans that defeated Buu.
2. Beerus probes further and discovers that Freeza was defeated by a saiyan named Son Goku (something that he takes notice of on virtue of not actually being a saiyan name). He then asks Whis to find Goku and discovers that he was at King Kai's planet in Otherworld. He also learns that Vegeta is alive and living on Earth.
3. Goku's fight with Beerus on King Kai's planet would be pretty much a test drive for Beerus' character when fighting. The whole fight is Goku trying to get Beerus to fight back while going through his transformations, while Beerus is casually blocking or dodging his attacks while commenting on each one (like SSj being indeed powerful enough to best Freeza, but clouds his judgement with anger, SSj2 being nothing but a powered up SSj and SSj3 being more trouble than it's worth since it drains too much energy).
4. In the end, Beerus decides to grant Goku's wishes and fight back. Goku, by instinct, dodges Beerus' first attack, which catches Whis' atention. The second attack not only connects, but it makes Goku drop unconscious. Beerus then comments how he must be a little rusty from sleeping so much since Goku managed to dodge him, even if only once. That would be the first "sign" of Ultra Instinct.
5. I would keep the whole birthday party on the city, as was in the movie, with all of it's beats intact. The main difference would be that Beerus actually recognizes Buu (not in overall appearence, but in nature as a demon and in the propreties of his body) and is actively trying to keep his distance because he feels awkward about it (Beerus knows of Buu, what he did, how he almost died because of him, but is also feeling somewhat conflicted since it's a different Buu who is not destroying things for a change). In the end, what triggers the whole mess would be Buu refusing to share the pudding.
6. Beerus would spend more time fighting, or in his case, "testing" the Z Fighters. With Gohan in special making a lasting impression on him, and his aknowledgement of Gohan's power and potential being released by a higher deity (Old Kai) but somewhat "off" (Gohan was losing his power from lack of training).
7. Vegeta's outburst would deeply impress Beerus since he was drawing power purely by his emotions as a mortal. Not enough to solicit an increase on power from Beerus, but enough to get his interest.
8. I would, for one, grant the god forms to be able to survive in space for it's duration. The character artificially turns into a deity when accessing the transformation, complete with god ki, so it would make sense that he no longer has mortal limitations.
9. The fight would span the whole planet, as was in the manga, keeping it more dynamic and fast paced as in the movie. In the end, the battle would take to outer space until Goku loses the form and starts to sufocate.
10. Beerus, despite being impressed with Goku as a SSGod, tells him he's had enough and it was time to destroy the planet, as he promised. Instead of fighting again as a regular SS, Goku would try to hold Beerus' Sphere of Destruction in base until he reactivates SSG by himself, essentially taking that divine power and making it his own. The rest of their conversation plays out.
11. As in the movie, Beerus would fake exhaustion and leave with Whis, telling Goku he's welcome to challenge him again. No warning about destroying the planet later or going back to sleep.

Between Battle of Gods and Resurrection F
- Wouldn't change a thing, honestly.

Resurrection F
1. I would start the arc with a small flashback to Goku and Beerus' fight, from the perspective of the Kaioshin, like in the manga. While they're focused on the fight, Kibitoshin notices that a planet, far away from earth, was destroyed by an immense divine power. Old Kai, telling him it's impossible since Beerus is on Earth, go check with his crystal ball. They actually catch Champa and Vados on the act, having just destroyed said planet, a massive gas giant, with an object almost equally huge silhouetted on the smoke of the explosion. Old Kai is astonished since he never thought he would see it (both another GoD and the object) again after all this time, with Kibitoshin completely unaware of what it is (he is, however, aware of the existence of other GoDs and universes, since he was taught that by the Grand Kaioshin, but no specifics like their identities). Champa and Vados notices they're being spied and exchange a conversation with the kaioshin, asking them to keep their presence to themselves, otherwise they would make much more of a mess on U7.
2. Afterwards, Vados mentions that if the Kaioshin found them, then it wouldn't take long until Whis and Beerus does the same. Champa agrees, but is at a loss about how to keep them occupied, until a flagship from Freeza's Empire shows up, lured by the energy signal of both the planet's explosion and the unknown object. Champa says that the ship feels familiar, with Vados mentioning of the one named Freeza that Beerus told him about - the strongest mortal in U7. She then reveals to him that he died many years ago. Champa then hatches a plan to keep Beerus' attention elsewhere, and in his first act destroys the ship. He then goes to the Empire's last unified HQ and contacts Sorbet, suggesting him to revive Freeza. Notably, in this part of the story, Sorbet is being aided both by Berryblue and Kikono, the three acting as a Triumvirate of sorts in the crumbling Empire. They all agree with the plan.
3. The beginning of the movie begins to play in the present, with Sorbet, Shisami and Tagoma discreetly gathering Earth's dragonballs, summoning Shenron and bringing Freeza back in pieces. At this point, some time has passed since the events of BoG, with both Goku and Vegeta training on Beerus' planet with Whis - the planet, this time, is located on Otherworld, somewhere close to Heaven and with a clear view of the Kaioshin realm, outside of the physical universe.
4. After being brought back and reassembled in the HQ, Freeza is at first delighted to see his oldest and most loyal officials, especially Berryblue, his old nanny. This is then cut short by the memories of his final moments, both on Namek and on Earth, and the sudden return of his memories of Hell. This is not enough to break Freeza, but it does give him great mental pain. In his fury, he starts to lose control of his own power, something he, at the time, still had problems with. This is when Champa and Vados returns, with Champa greeting Freeza. Due to his resemblance to Beerus, Freeza is momentarily shocked and scared out of his mind, until Champa reassures him that he's not the God of Destruction. He's his brother. Which actually makes things worse, since now Freeza is made aware there are others like Beerus. Telling Freeza to calm down (and having Vados use her powers to calm him), Champa states that he came not to punish Freeza, but to give him an opportunity. He wanted revenge on the saiyans and, while he didn't care one bit about that, Champa wanted to aid him with that, by training him. In truth, Champa just wanted to power U7's greatest criminal up to the point that Beerus would have to take notice, thus giving him free reign to keep scouting the universe for those mysterious objects he's after. Despite his suspicions, Freeza accepts, arguing that while training never crossed his mind a day in his life, he has reached a point where he can no longer affords to be lazy about it - he must kill Son Goku, and he knows very well how far outclassed he is nowadays.
5. Months passed since then, until finally Freeza returns to his Empire. Changed, more confident, and in his true form, he no longer has problems controlling his power, wich only grew more massive. He was ready to go to Earth, but first, he had to make sure his troops were up to the task. Freeza's men were indeed training for his return, but still, he wanted each and every one of them to be in their best shape for the upcoming battle. Vados, who accompanied him, bids him farewell and wishes him good luck, but with a final warning to get better used with his new power, lest he destroys his own body with it. Like in the anime and movie, however, Freeza does not take said warning to heart.
6. A month later, Freeza finally gets to Earth. As per the movie, his first act is to destroy West City completely, shocking the Z Warriors who assembled to fight him - Piccolo, Gohan, Tenshinhan, Yamcha, Roshi, Chaotzu and, surprisingly, 17. Buu is still asleep and 18 is protecting Maron, while the kids were not told about the going ons. 17 showing up is the main diverting point here. At this point in Super, he's not as strong as he was on the Tournament of Power, but he's still stronger than all of the Z Fighters assembled. Not enough to actually challenge Freeza, but still able to take on his strongest men, like Gohan and Piccolo. Gohan, however, is so rusty he can only turn Super Saiyan, having lost most of his power due to lack of training.
7. The battle is intense and spreads to many other places, with Gohan, Piccolo and 17 fighting the powered up Tagoma and Shisami until Freeza decides to end things by impaling Gohan with a death beam. Meanwhile, Goku and Vegeta are training on Beerus' planet, having finally achieved the power they were seeking when they began training under Whis. The angel explains, however, that they're still lacking the skill and power to take on Beerus just yet, that they need to learn to act without thinking in order to truly perfect their fighting skills. Before he can say anything else, his scepter glows, and he notices it's because of a call from Bulma. She's calling them to warn of Freeza. Hearing this, neither Goku nor Vegeta takes the situation truly seriously, saying that even Goten and Trunks could take care of it as Super Saiyans, not to mention Gohan and Piccolo. Whis then states that, apparently, Freeza has gotten much stronger, to the point that he just put Gohan down in one blow. Finally understanding the threat, and shocked by the news, Goku immediately tries to teleport to Earth, only to find out that he can't do it - it's too far away, even for him! Beerus then shows up, telling him that of course he can't cross the dimension separating Otherworld from the physical universe that easily, and offers to take them to Earth with Whis - he is, after all, intrigued with Freeza's return.
9. Unlike in the movie and anime, Whis' Warp Technique is much faster, at least on U7, and they arrive on Earth in a few minutes, just as Freeza was about to finish Gohan, who is struggling to stay on his feet. Blocking the death beam Freeza throws, Goku is surprised by how much the tyrant have improved, with even Beerus stating that it's too much for such a short time, even for Freeza. Despite being surprised seeing Beerus, Freeza is more concerned with Goku and Vegeta and begins talking about how much he missed them. Well, missed the opportunity to finish what he started, that is. Vegeta remains unimpressed at Freeza's attempt at revenge, and allows Goku to start the fight.
10. Unlike the anime and movie, this time Goku's fight against Final Form Freeza will be different, with Goku going straight to Super Saiyan God to match the tyrant's newfound power. Otherwise, the fight plays the same, with Goku eventually getting the upper hand. He then asks Freeza if that really was all that he was capable, with Freeza admitting he had one "final" evolution. Goku demands he showed him, telling that otherwise he wouldn't be able to beat him. Freeza complies, turning into Golden Freeza and immediately beating the shit out of God Goku, who is caught off-guard by the sheer power Freeza is outputting, despite not even exhibiting God Ki. Beerus, likewise, is impressed, not only with Freeza's power but also at his more polished fighting style, wondering where he learned to fight like that (he knows that Freeza never trained a day on his life and never had an actual fighting style).
11. Recovering, Goku praises Freeza's progress, admiting that he was surpassed as a Super Saiyan God. Freeza asks him if he has anything else to show, and Goku responds "not really". This is also a divergent point: Golden Freeza is indeet at a SSB level of power, but Goku and Vegeta only have SSG reliably at the moment. They DO have unlocked SSB, but they can't utilize it properly, rendering it pretty much useless.
12. Freeza doubts Goku, demanding that he transforms, but Goku says he's not exactly lying. The fight continues, with Goku being completely dominated and being put on his knees. Just as Freeza, feeling insulted by Goku's refusal to power up, is about to deliver the final blow, he somehow misses, with Goku suddenly disappearing. Looking up, he sees the battered form of Goku, still in SSG, telling him that he had a feeling it was about time Freeza reached his limit.
13. Confused, Freeza attacked again, this time being clashed more or less evenly by God Goku. Eventually, Freeza manages to land one solid blow on Goku's face, who manages to tank it entirely. Aghast, Freeza asks what the hell is happening, with Goku only responding with a single punch to Freeza's stomach. This time going on the offensive, Goku pummels Freeza into the ground, finally telling the tyrant what went wrong: his power was simply drained. Despite the massive power up of his golden form, Freeza's body couldn't keep it up for long, with the power eventually starting to fade. Freeza finally realizes that this is what Vados warned him about, accidently blurring the wording "Her", which is heard by Beerus.
14. As per canon, Goku depowers and starts lecturing a powerless Freeza, until he's blindsided by Sorbet. Freeza gloats about his victory, until Vegeta arrives to help him. Also like in canon, Vegeta transforms straight to Super Saiyan Blue, showcasing what Goku failed to do: unlike him, Vegeta had showed a better handling of the form, being able to use it for longer. With power on par with his peak, Freeza was completely helpless as he was brutalized by Vegeta.
15. The rest of the arc played the same.

There's still a lot to cover, but alas I don't have much time now, so I'll continue later. Also, oh, is it the entire timeline? That changes a lot, actually, perhaps I'll get around doing that. Later, as well, of course.
Last edited by Thani on Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:07 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:57 pm Thank you, Matches Malone. For replying and even coming up with a far better version of Dragon Ball Super than all of the official versions that we had ever gotten so far.

I am sorry for not making it clear enough that I meant the entire Timeline of events that happened from the very beginning of the Dragon World itself to the very end of the Timeline of Dragon Ball Super would have been able to be changed to your very own liking.

Also, if you would like, I can show you my very own personal version of the Dragon Ball Super Timeline.
Not that hard to be honest. :lol:

I misunderstood. I'd keep the original manga as is, but I'll definitely add what I'd like from GT as well.

Sure. :thumbup:

OrangeBanana
Beyond Newbie

Post by OrangeBanana » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:39 pm

BOG: Starts off the same way and ends the same way only difference is that Goku's SSJG being 70% of Beerus' power remains like it was for the movie.

RoF:
-Frieza gets resurrected like in the original events the story goes pretty much the same way apart from a few key differences.
-SSJB doesn't exist at all in this arc or even later, however becoming more attuned to better ki control has allowed both of them to better use the forms they already have especially SSJ3.
-Frieza lands on earth and the events play out nearly the same way apart from Tagoma beating Piccolo, Piccolo wins this fight and frieza engages him in combat where Gohan helps out, Frieza fights them both in his Second Form easily toying with them, he then transforms into his final form and nearly kills the duo if not for Goku's and Vegeta's arrival.
-Goku fights fights frieza in his super saiyan 2 form easily beating him, Frieza then transforms into his Golden Form which prompts Goku to transform into a SSJ3 which now has been completely mastered. Goku and Frieza fight with Goku's endurance overcoming Frieza's overwhelming power (A mirror to the Buu fight where SSJ3's limitations were apparent).
-Goku powers down like in the anime and gets shot by sorbet wounding him, Vegeta fights Frieza revealing his own SSJ3 killing him.

Universe 6:
Pretty much goes like the anime with the differences being no SSJB, as its replaced with SSJ3, and piccolo overwhelms frost prompting him to use the needle.

Top:
-Goes basically like the anime with the exemption that there is only one zeno and Goku doesn't get MUI but rather reunlocks SSJG against Jiren causing the fight to end in a draw between them with both of them double KO'ing each other.
-17 still makes the same wish as before.
-The number of fighters is brought down to 6 for each universe, with U7 consisting of; Goku, Vegeta, Frieza, Piccolo, Gohan and 17.

The Future Trunks Arc:
-Goes about the same with the only differences being.
-Zamasu still has his hatred towards NINGENS but with the added salt of getting erased by their actions last tournament.
-No SSJB
-No Future trunks form
-Vegeta gets SSJG from his final training in the time chamber before the final showdown with Black and Zamasu
-Goku Black is able to seal zamasu using a some kai technique towards the end where normally they would fuse.
-Here Goku black is considered to be impossible to beat one on one as he has unlocked the full potential of SSJR at this stage (his version of SSJG) meaning that Goku and Vegeta even in SSJG cannot hope to beat him. This causes them to fuse into Vegito who uses SSJG and is able to match Black blow for blow. Vegito defuses before he can get the final blow in, like in the anime.
-Goku Black while weakened immensely is still a powerhouse and is nearly able to kill both Goku and Vegeta before he is stabbed through the chest by future trunks who then after a badass speech decapitates him.
-The sealed Zamasu is brought to and erased by Zeno.
-Trunks has his timeline saved but horribly destroyed, his future while brighter than before is uncertain.

This is basically all I would change in the anime. I spent too much time writing this.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:41 pm

With the manga as my basis, there would not be much I would change (I don’t think I could have done a better job than Toyotaro at expanding Toriyama’s outlines) but there’s definitely stuff I would add or borrow from the anime.

For starters, I would have it begin straight from U6 arc, and I would extend the arc by a few pages at the end to showcase Super Shenron better and not make the whole thing finale feel so rushed.
Also, I would include the gag about Goku punching Monaka in the face and the gag with the GP King in the story instead of just inserting them into interstitials.

As for Future Trunks arc, Goku Black’s personality would be a little more like the anime’s counterpart. I would also keep the parts from the anime where Vegeta motivates Trunks to make matters into his own hands instead of relying on the power of Goku and Vegeta.
I would keep the speech of Zamasu and Black telling Trunks how ultimately everything was his fault, but it wouldn’t result in any Super Saiyan Rage shit. And I would also absolutely keep the final scene where Gohan flies to give Trunks a final goodbye, reminding him of Future Gohan, which helps him realize how his meddling with time actually made a whole timeline happy.

Universal Survival Arc: I would just borrow what the anime did in episode 94 and 95 as for Goku and Freeza. Then I would definitely borrow some stuff from the anime’s tournament, especially the first moves Goku does in the anime once he unlocks Omen for the first time. That flying kick scene is too cool and iconic in my opinion not to have been used in both mediums.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:46 am

I don't get why people wanted the number of fighters in the ToP to get reduced. Why cut out the guys that haven't had a good fight in years? It was nice seeing them fight again.

I would've made the ToP 34 hours long instead of 48 minutes. That time limit was beyond stupid, up there with Freeza's 5 minutes on Namek. I would also bring back Cell instead of Freeza. Seeing him interact with Gohan and the androids again would've been so great. I would also replace Goku with Future Trunks and have Vegeta be the one who unlocks UI.

Goku and Vegeta don't go back to their BoG designs after the U6 arc and remain in their Whis outfits for the rest of Super. I would also have Gohan fight in his BoG outfit.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:36 am

DestructoDisc wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:46 am I don't get why people wanted the number of fighters in the ToP to get reduced. Why cut out the guys that haven't had a good fight in years? It was nice seeing them fight again.

I would've made the ToP 34 hours long instead of 48 minutes. That time limit was beyond stupid, up there with Freeza's 5 minutes on Namek. I would also bring back Cell instead of Freeza. Seeing him interact with Gohan and the androids again would've been so great. I would also replace Goku with Future Trunks and have Vegeta be the one who unlocks UI.

Goku and Vegeta don't go back to their BoG designs after the U6 arc and remain in their Whis outfits for the rest of Super. I would also have Gohan fight in his BoG outfit.
34 hours sounds way, way too long. I can agree that 48 minutes, at least in the anime, felt too short of a time for so many things happening. Maybe upping it to 3 hours would be good enough.

Also why would Goku, the main character, not participate? And why would Gohan go into a martial arts tournament wearing work clothes?
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:43 am

I don't have a problem with the whole "48 minutes" plot point because ultimately it is classic anime logic. Goku vs. Frieza was 5 minutes, the Cell Games was one morning, the Buu saga was like 2 days, the Future Trunks arc was a few days (less than a week), etc. It's just how anime works. These people move and fight at such extraordinary speed that the fights in-universe would be very short.

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:11 am

emperior wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:36 am
DestructoDisc wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:46 am I don't get why people wanted the number of fighters in the ToP to get reduced. Why cut out the guys that haven't had a good fight in years? It was nice seeing them fight again.

34 hours sounds way, way too long. I can agree that 48 minutes, at least in the anime, felt too short of a time for so many things happening. Maybe upping it to 3 hours would be good enough.

Also why would Goku, the main character, not participate? And why would Gohan go into a martial arts tournament wearing work clothes?
OP asked how we would've written Super, didn't they? I don't care if Goku's the main character or not, i've had enough of him. Goku decides not to participate because Chi-Chi forces him to spend some time Goten and Pan, idk, I just wouldn't make him participate.

As for Gohan, he would wear those clothes for the same reason 17's wearing jeans. They look cool and unique in them.

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:28 am

DestructoDisc wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:11 am Goku decides not to participate because Chi-Chi forces him to spend some time Goten and Pan, idk, I just wouldn't make him participate.
So you would make Chi Chi look worse than she already is in an effort to get what you want?
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:47 am

PurestEvil wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:28 am
DestructoDisc wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:11 am Goku decides not to participate because Chi-Chi forces him to spend some time Goten and Pan, idk, I just wouldn't make him participate.
So you would make Chi Chi look worse than she already is in an effort to get what you want?
yeah

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:56 am

Actually you know what, besides condensing the first 2 movies into a 1 episode recap, I would change the Tournament of Power in either one of two scenarios:

1) Do it like Yu Yu Hakusho's Dark Demon Tournament. It's universe v Universe for the brackets, rules can be set up and determined between the fighters before the fights actually start (1 v 1, Teams, No Killing, Killing, everyone fights, only a few people fight, etc)

2) Instead of letting everyone be with their universe partners at the start, the location of everyone is randomized.