Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Super Movie #2: "Super Hero" Coming 2022! (Toriyama Scripting!)

Post by mute_proxy » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:38 pm

DiscountDabi wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:34 pm Given they showed character designs for piccolo with and without his cape and turban I think its fair to say Piccolo is probrably gonna be fighting in this movie.
Or they're showing him first because he'll have the least visual change and they're saving let's say older Trunks and Goten as a surprise :think:

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:39 pm

Dearly hoping that the film has this kind of energy to it but with Pan. https://youtu.be/rKSDGz9iAgU
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:40 pm

That little teaser pretty much tips the scales that this will be a CG feature, or at the very least they will lean on it heavily.

How bitterly disappointing.

Also the baked shading in his gi looks atrocious, when the camera rotates around him it just looks so lifeless.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:43 pm

emperior wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:32 pm It would be interesting if it’s set after EoZ with Goku being somewhere training with Uub for the first portion of the movie, and Vegeta also being unavailable for some reason, while a threat arrives on Earth forcing Piccolo and Gohan, and then Pan, to step up.

Goku will surely be featured but maybe he won’t be the focus.

And if Goku and Vegeta aren’t the main characters it would also be a nice way to avoid having to show their new progress from the manga.
I wouldn't mind it at all! Finally a project without Goku or Vegeta as main characters (at least, i hope it).
The time skip is the best part for me. They can go on and give more attention to Gohan, Goten , Trunks and Piccolo (new traformations, attacks ecc)
Finally.
Is crillin the new police chief?

About the graphic, i like it. The previous CGI was bad (for example, resurrection of F). This one seems to be good instead!
Last edited by Gt91 on Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:44 pm

Goku/Vegeta have been the star of every Super arc. They can be retired to the sidelines as the next generation of Gohan, Trunks, Goten, Pan and Oob take center stage.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:45 pm

Maybe they will retell this movie in 2D when DBS anime comes back.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:49 pm

Also with the movie literally named "Super Hero" if Gohan doesn't have a role in it, when his Saiyaman costume is literally the only superhero role on the main cast, that will be disappointing. Finally, Gohan fans, our time has come.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:50 pm

If the movie takes place after the Uub battle I hope we get to see Pan as a big sister. 😭😭😭
She/Her
bisexual milf

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:51 pm

precita wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:49 pm Also with the movie literally named "Super Hero" if Gohan doesn't have a role in it, when his Saiyaman costume is literally the only superhero role on the main cast, that will be disappointing. Finally, Gohan fans, our time has come.
I'm not a fan of Gohan but I'll take anything other than Goku and Vegeta, so... Go, Gohan!
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:52 pm

I know some fans will be happy about no Vegeta but if wouldn’t make me happy. At least if he doesn’t have a main part let him have a scene with Bra….then I’ll be satisfied.

At the same time I can’t begrudge other fans for wanting their favorites to have bigger roles especially Gohan fans who get royally screwed with the last movie.

Goku though does seem to be in the movie and there is no way in hell they would do a DB movie without Goku.
Last edited by Kinokima on Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:54 pm

I have a feeling that the two superheroes are not the bad guy, and they may ask Goku for help to fight a stronger villain. I also think that Vegeta's new form won't be in the movie because they probably wrote the script before the Granolah story was being published unless Toriyama thought the idea of Vegeta's destroyer form earlier.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:01 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:54 pm I have a feeling that the two superheroes are not the bad guy, and they may ask Goku for help to fight a stronger villain. I also think that Vegeta's new form won't be in the movie because they probably wrote the script before the Granolah story was being published unless Toriyama thought the idea of Vegeta's destroyer form earlier.
I agree, maybe there's a third one? A number 3? We saw great sayaman 3 in super DBH world mission for the switch consolle, so i think it's possible.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:01 pm

You know who else should appear taller by now? Dende. Dragon Ball Super also gets his height wrong by portraying him like a kid from Freeza saga, but by the tournament, he seems to reach Piccolo's shoulders. Which means he has to be taller than how they usually depict him nowadays.

If Dende is in this movie at all, let's just hope his height is also corrected.

We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:06 pm

I have to say, that’s a pretty dumb title. If they had just called it ‘Dragon Ball Super: Hero,’ that would’ve been fine, but why do you have to put ‘super’ in the title twice in a row? That’s just awkward.

Anyway, it looks like this movie probably won’t involve characters like Cooler or Janemba, which is fine by me, but I assume that means it won’t be as popular as Broly. Also, possibility that this movie might actually take place after the epilogue of the manga is certainly intriguing, but I don’t know if that’s truly the case.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:23 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:39 pm Dearly hoping that the film has this kind of energy to it but with Pan. https://youtu.be/rKSDGz9iAgU
That's one of my favorite specials now, such a charming style and Tsubomi is precious ♥
JulieYBM wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:50 pm If the movie takes place after the Uub battle I hope we get to see Pan as a big sister. 😭😭😭
If you think about it, Pan was already a big sister to Kid Goku in GT :lol:
Last edited by Xeogran on Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:25 pm

Frankly this movie is giving me huge "Slice of Life/Filler" vibes, it wouldn't surprise me if it was far more laid back than RoF and Broly, both of which were huge battles for the fate of the Earth. This might be closer to BoG and how it had a lot of slice of life moments and honestly it might not even involve a world-ending threat.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:47 pm

Xeogran wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:23 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:39 pm Dearly hoping that the film has this kind of energy to it but with Pan. https://youtu.be/rKSDGz9iAgU
That's one of my favorite specials now, such a charming style and Tsubomi is precious ♥
JulieYBM wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:50 pm If the movie takes place after the Uub battle I hope we get to see Pan as a big sister. 😭😭😭
If you think about it, Pan was already a big sister to Kid Goku in GT :lol:
It's so good. Tsubomi must be protected! Also, I totes self-insert as her! 😭

Pan really getting to enjoy being a big sister would be nice, though. Just a nice little slice-of-life story sounds lile a lot of fun. I really wish that this had been hand drawn to capture that organic feeling.
She/Her
bisexual milf

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:48 pm

I'm glad for that. We don't need the stakes raised every time. The power levels of Broly and the others are getting ridiculous.

A nice down to earth movie about Gohan's family and Piccolo is what we need.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:49 pm

precita wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:48 pm I'm glad for that. We don't need the stakes raised every time. The power levels of Broly and the others are getting ridiculous.

I didn't say it was bad though. And now you remind me of an interview where Toriyama (or someone else of the staff) said that they wanted to tone down the power levels of Broly with this movie.

It won't be my cup of tea but if you enjoy this then more power to you :think:

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:52 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:49 pm
precita wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:48 pm I'm glad for that. We don't need the stakes raised every time. The power levels of Broly and the others are getting ridiculous.

I didn't say it was bad though. And now you remind me of an interview where Toriyama (or someone else of the staff) said that they wanted to tone down the power levels of Broly with this movie.

It won't be my cup of tea but if you enjoy this then more power to you :think:
They wanted to avoid trying to make a film as exhausting as the previous film was to create for the staff.
She/Her
bisexual milf