Kai Episode 68 (15 August 2010)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Khalid Shahin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:57 am
Location: Massachusetts
Contact:

Kai Episode 68 (15 August 2010)

Post by Khalid Shahin » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:45 pm

General Discussion for DragonBall Kai episode 68, aired 15 August 2010.

そして怪物が動き出す…出撃!超ナメック星人だ!
Soshite Kaibutsu ga Ugokidasu... Shutsugeki! Suupaa Namekku-seijin da!
And So the Monster Makes its Move... Take Off! It's the Super Namekian!

User avatar
TripleRach
Moderator
Posts: 2656
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:08 pm
Location: Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: Kai Episode 68 (15 August 2010)

Post by TripleRach » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:45 pm

I only half-watched this. Did Cell even get to speak? Or do we have to wait until next week for Wakamoto?
-Rachel

User avatar
mysteriousdbzgt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 351
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:50 pm
Location: United Kingdom, london
Contact:

Re: Kai Episode 68 (15 August 2010)

Post by mysteriousdbzgt » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:47 pm

TripleRach wrote:I only half-watched this. Did Cell even get to speak? Or do we have to wait until next week for Wakamoto?
No, Wakamoto didn't get to speak, have to wait till next week.
Just another Dragon Ball fangirl in the world.

DB & Tiger and Bunny are my main fandoms, along with many other animes.

Deviantart Profile/ Tiger & Bunnyftw tumblr/ mysteriousdbzgt tumblr / My Anime List Profile

User avatar
Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here
Posts: 2755
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:31 pm

Re: Kai Episode 68 (15 August 2010)

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:53 pm

mysteriousdbzgt wrote:
TripleRach wrote:I only half-watched this. Did Cell even get to speak? Or do we have to wait until next week for Wakamoto?
No, Wakamoto didn't get to speak, have to wait till next week.
Yes! he speak! I heard him, It was at the very end of the episode.

User avatar
mysteriousdbzgt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 351
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:50 pm
Location: United Kingdom, london
Contact:

Re: Kai Episode 68 (15 August 2010)

Post by mysteriousdbzgt » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:57 pm

Goku100xKamehameha wrote:
mysteriousdbzgt wrote:
TripleRach wrote:I only half-watched this. Did Cell even get to speak? Or do we have to wait until next week for Wakamoto?
No, Wakamoto didn't get to speak, have to wait till next week.
Yes! he speak! I heard him.
Did he? Oh, Keyhole was playing up a bit so I didn't really get to see.
Just another Dragon Ball fangirl in the world.

DB & Tiger and Bunny are my main fandoms, along with many other animes.

Deviantart Profile/ Tiger & Bunnyftw tumblr/ mysteriousdbzgt tumblr / My Anime List Profile

User avatar
Son Wukong
Regular
Posts: 630
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:25 pm
Location: Also Kame House

Re: Kai Episode 68 (15 August 2010)

Post by Son Wukong » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:38 am

No, Wakamoto didn't get the chance to speak. Not in the end or even in the next episode preview. Just have to wait till next week.

User avatar
Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here
Posts: 2755
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:31 pm

Re: Kai Episode 68 (15 August 2010)

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:42 am

Son Wukong wrote:No, Wakamoto didn't get the chance to speak. Not in the end or even in the next episode preview. Just have to wait till next week.
Are you already checked it?

User avatar
Son Wukong
Regular
Posts: 630
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:25 pm
Location: Also Kame House

Re: Kai Episode 68 (15 August 2010)

Post by Son Wukong » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:57 am

Nope, I randomly made that up....Ofcourse I checked the episode. :roll:

User avatar
MR.Mark
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1705
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:11 am

Re: Kai Episode 68 (15 August 2010)

Post by MR.Mark » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:42 pm

Excellent use of music throughout the entire episode. I always loved the creepy build up Toriyama gave to the introduction of Cell. From Gohan finding the husk, to the eerie news report, and finally the silence as Piccolo walked through the city. Kai handled it wonderfully, editing and musically. Piccolo's whole merger was great too, fitting music and the pace of it was just right. I can't wait to see the Kai version of his fight with imperfect Cell, the Z version really dragged.

User avatar
mysteriousdbzgt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 351
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:50 pm
Location: United Kingdom, london
Contact:

Re: Kai Episode 68 (15 August 2010)

Post by mysteriousdbzgt » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:49 pm

Son Wukong wrote:No, Wakamoto didn't get the chance to speak. Not in the end or even in the next episode preview. Just have to wait till next week.
I thought not.
MR.Mark wrote:Excellent use of music throughout the entire episode. I always loved the creepy build up Toriyama gave to the introduction of Cell. From Gohan finding the husk, to the eerie news report, and finally the silence as Piccolo walked through the city. Kai handled it wonderfully, editing and musically. Piccolo's whole merger was great too, fitting music and the pace of it was just right. I can't wait to see the Kai version of his fight with imperfect Cell, the Z version really dragged.
I also agree on the music, it was great. They tried to build up a lot of tension throughout the episode with the choice of music that they used and it fitted really well.
Just another Dragon Ball fangirl in the world.

DB & Tiger and Bunny are my main fandoms, along with many other animes.

Deviantart Profile/ Tiger & Bunnyftw tumblr/ mysteriousdbzgt tumblr / My Anime List Profile

User avatar
Drayenko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 461
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:29 pm

Re: Kai Episode 68 (15 August 2010)

Post by Drayenko » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:16 am

I don't know what you think, but this saga's been pretty awesome. In "Kai" I mean.

User avatar
dan2026
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 312
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:59 am

Re: Kai Episode 68 (15 August 2010)

Post by dan2026 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:16 pm

Drayenko wrote:I don't know what you think, but this saga's been pretty awesome. In "Kai" I mean.
I agree entirely. This is flowing so much better with all the chaff snipped off.

User avatar
Ahiru77
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 811
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:05 pm

Re: Kai Episode 68 (15 August 2010)

Post by Ahiru77 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:23 pm

Yes this was one of the masterpiece episodes. Great music and story. :)

User avatar
Son Wukong
Regular
Posts: 630
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:25 pm
Location: Also Kame House

Re: Kai Episode 68 (15 August 2010)

Post by Son Wukong » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:44 pm

MR.Mark wrote:EPiccolo's whole merger was great too, fitting music and the pace of it was just right.
What about Kami-sama's voice? I chuckled a bit when I heard Brolly for a sec. :)

User avatar
JulieYBM
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 12349
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:25 pm

Re: Kai Episode 68 (15 August 2010)

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:56 pm

Son Wukong wrote:
MR.Mark wrote:EPiccolo's whole merger was great too, fitting music and the pace of it was just right.
What about Kami-sama's voice? I chuckled a bit when I heard Brolly for a sec. :)
That kiai this episode was totally Broli, too. :p
•Julie | She/Her | Pansexual & Transgender | Queer |
•Avatar: Igarashi Kyou (married name: Hasumi Kyou) from the web comic 性転換後、親友と (Seitenka-go. Shin'yuu to) by Eroe (Pixiv; Twitter)

User avatar
MR.Mark
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1705
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:11 am

Re: Kai Episode 68 (15 August 2010)

Post by MR.Mark » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:54 pm

Son Wukong wrote:
MR.Mark wrote:EPiccolo's whole merger was great too, fitting music and the pace of it was just right.
What about Kami-sama's voice? I chuckled a bit when I heard Brolly for a sec. :)
I feel he's close enough in vocal tone to get the job done, so I had no beef with him.

User avatar
batistabus
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1560
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:55 pm
Location: Western Massachusetts

Re: Kai Episode 68 (15 August 2010)

Post by batistabus » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:53 pm

The lisence plate on the back of the Android's van is "69 69".

Is that suppost to be humorous or is it just some odd, odd coincidence?

Post Reply