Super Episode 106 (3 September 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Super Episode 106 (3 September 2017)

Post by Kanassa » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:02 am

Pluto wrote:Beerus, seems to be able to respect someone, first Roshi now Tien, it's hard to get praise out of him,
Beerus: Taking out one guy? I'm impressed, At east you're not that fuck up Krillin who only eliminated, like, what? Three Guys? Three's less than one, right Whis?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:04 am

blackbewhite2k7 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
nato25 wrote: Tien once again proved nothing more than worthless
He eliminated a participant.
Not to mention one that had Gohan and Piccolo hiding in a bunker half the episode, having busted both said opponents shoulders and had him on his knees before turning his dirty tactics against him.

Went out like a boss.
To you and the above poster I did mention straight after the sentence you quoted how I did like the way Tien went out.

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:04 am

This was a good episode! I liked the teamwork that Gohan and Piccolo were displaying before Goku, Vegeta and Tien came to help. That's the kind of teamwork I've been searching for in this tournament. Similarly, Hermila and Prum showed off some good teamwork with their sniping reflection attacks. I think it would've been more impactful if those attacks caused an actual elimination to someone. And I was hoping that someone would be able to rip or blast off Piccolo's limbs to showcase his ability to regenerate his body parts so Piccolo got some shine. I also liked the creativity of using rubble as a smokescreen and then using rubble to attack Prum since he can reflect ki attacks.

Tien did well with his 4 clones. I thought he was done for good but at least he managed to end it in a draw. Good showing for Tien. Overall the episode had a lot of creativity instead of normal fighting

Next episode looks pretty interesting with the blue guy and Frost
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pluto » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:04 am

Kanassa wrote:Beerus: Taking out one guy? I'm impressed, At east you're not that fuck up Krillin who only eliminated, like, what? Three Guys? Three's less than one, right Whis?
Didnt he eliminate another one while Roshi freezed him with that electrifying technique?
In the year 42 of our god calendar, Zarma acquired a special patent for his original design.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:06 am

Kanassa wrote:
Pluto wrote:Beerus, seems to be able to respect someone, first Roshi now Tien, it's hard to get praise out of him,
Beerus: Taking out one guy? I'm impressed, At east you're not that fuck up Krillin who only eliminated, like, what? Three Guys? Three's less than one, right Whis?
Yeah Beerus words weren't exactly praise..
It was more along the lines of congratulations you weren't completely useless and managed to take down one as you got yourself eliminated..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

blackbewhite2k7
Not-So-Newbie

Post by blackbewhite2k7 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:08 am

nato25 wrote:
blackbewhite2k7 wrote:
Kanassa wrote: He eliminated a participant.
Not to mention one that had Gohan and Piccolo hiding in a bunker half the episode, having busted both said opponents shoulders and had him on his knees before turning his dirty tactics against him.

Went out like a boss.
To you and the above poster I did mention straight after the sentence you quoted how I did like the way Tien went out.
Tien did have the guy dead to rights prior to that (Nailed him with 1/4th of his power), only ending the fight in a draw after succumbing to the same mistake even the best of his team (namely Vegeta and Goku) have made. Hardly what I would call "worthless"

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:09 am

Kanassa wrote:
He did tell Tsururin to stay in until the end come to think of it... :think:

blackbewhite2k7
Not-So-Newbie

Post by blackbewhite2k7 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:10 am

Kanassa wrote:
Krillin took out only one guy by himself and merely assisted with the other two. Him and Tien have the same number of solo eliminations, with Krillin having more assists and Tien more saves.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:15 am

blackbewhite2k7 wrote:
nato25 wrote:
blackbewhite2k7 wrote:

Went out like a boss.
Tien did have the guy dead to rights prior to that (Nailed him with 1/4th of his power), only ending the fight in a draw after succumbing to the same mistake even the best of his team (namely Vegeta and Goku) have made. Hardly what I would call "worthless"
My worthless comment was more in the context of the entirety of Super. With perhaps the exception of Yamcha, I would say Tien has easily been given the least respect in Super. I associate two of my least favourite episodes with him now including this and his recruitment episode, if I'm remembering right he also had no impact in that tag team match against Gohan and Piccolo. I don't hate Tien, I hate that the character has not been given justice. From what we are lead to believe this guy trains non stop in isolation, however we have gotten almost no payoff from that which is a real shame and brings down the quality that the human characters could offer this show.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:17 am

nato25 wrote:I don't want to seem confrontational man but do you mind pointing out the good in this episode.
I liked it not being a fighting episode but rather a stealth one. I also liked Tien using his clone thing again and taking that guy out with him.

I also didn't have high expectations for it so that might be why I'm more positive. Next week we'll have Frost and Vegeta so that's where my expectations are going to be high.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:23 am

sintzu wrote:
I liked it not being a fighting episode but rather a stealth one. I also liked Tien using his clone thing again and taking that guy out with him.

I also didn't have high expectations for it so that might be why I'm more positive. Next week we'll have Frost and Vegeta so that's where my expectations are going to be high.
There's a chance no matter how small, that Vegeta is eliminated next episode..
I wouldn't place my expectations too high because if Frost is the reason for his elimination, it's going to be another off guard thing and that's no good..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:25 am

sintzu wrote:
nato25 wrote:I don't want to seem confrontational man but do you mind pointing out the good in this episode.

Fair enough, there are moments to enjoy in this episode sure as you mentioned. I still feel overall it was very weak but yes those moments were good.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:26 am

The reason Beerus got mad at Krillin but not Tien is because Krillin got taken out because he got full of himself, Tien on the other hand took someone down with him.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:30 am

Ki Breaker wrote:There's a chance no matter how small, that Vegeta is eliminated next episode..

I wouldn't place my expectations too high because if Frost is the reason for his elimination, it's going to be another off guard thing and that's no good..
I don't think we'll get 2 in a row. Whoever's next probably won't be out for another 3-4 episodes, espeially if it's someone like Vegeta.

I don't think they'll do that. If Vegeta goes down it'll be by someone high like Hit, Toppo or Jerin.
ArchedThunder wrote:The reason Beerus got mad at Krillin but not Tien is because Krillin got taken out because he got full of himself, Tien on the other hand took someone down with him.
Plus Krillin is short so it's easier to pick on him. :lol:
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:39 am

Tien most useless character ever confirmed lol
I expect Piccolo to get trashed in the worst possible way after the two namekians step in

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:52 am

MrBlackFox wrote:Tien most useless character ever confirmed lol
I expect Piccolo to get trashed in the worst possible way after the two namekians step in
That would be him going out while protecting Gohan.. yet again....

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:52 am

God I wish we had Buu in this tournament. Surely he would have given us more interesting fights than Tien, lol.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:54 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
That will only happen if Toriyama says so which he most likely hasn't. That is probably why Toei put that nonsense into this episode.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:58 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
That will only happen if Toriyama says so which he most likely hasn't. That is probably why Toei put that nonsense into this episode.
Toriyama could just say piccolo gets out fighting those two namekians with Gohan and they can turn that into piccolo protecting Gohan's behind..
I am pretty pissed about Gohan and Piccolo being reduced to such a role throughout the majority of their screen share.. It only sounds good in jokes..

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:02 am

precita wrote:God I wish we had Buu in this tournament. Surely he would have given us more interesting fights than Tien, lol.
Do you seriously think buu straight up walking to the sniper while the guy continuously blows holes in him being scared shitless while an immortal buu laughs and keep coming towards him will be more interesting than tien losing his footing and falling?
Last edited by Ki Breaker on Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.