Super Episode 108 (24 September 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Super Episode 108 (24 September 2017)

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:50 pm

Ok episode.

Freeza betraying Frost was predictable, but Frost being erased on spot was surprising. At least he was amazing in episode 107.
As for Freeza, the staff is making so much justice to his return this time. I'm having more fun watching him here playing his cards right to succeed than on his own arc in DBZ.

The NEP for the Special looks incredible.
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:50 pm

Kind of weak episode overall, despite the really good action, not a lot actually happened. I expected them to do more with Frost after hyping up his alliance with Frieza, but oh well. I wonder if Frost is really erased or in a sort of Limbo penalty box. I don't understand how Ribrianne hasn't been defeated yet, she must be holding back power because every fight she's been shown she was pretty much outmatched yet they keep showing her fighting.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:54 pm

All Hail Lord Frieza!

I really loved this episode. The fight between Gohan and Frieza was cool,and loved how they brought back 100% full power Frieza and gave it to Frost. No where near an ass pull as giving him Golden or something else. Definitely didn't expect him to get erased by the Omni King!

Also loved the dynamic of U7 trying to guess what Freeza's endgame is. I honestly don't expect him to go after Beerus. At this point he want to be the top dog, over everyone!

My only gripe was the reused animation was REALLY obvious. I'm okay when it's subtly used, but reusing that gorgeous Golden Frieza transformation was disappointing.

But overall, definitely entertaining and fun episode

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:54 pm

UnknownPigWarrior wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:Called it. Bye Frost you worthless example of a univerasl tyrant you. :lol:

Long Live Lord Frieza!!!!! :clap:
Frost is a better character than "lol we brought him back AGAIN" Frieza. What a waste.
Sorry clone characters are never as good as the real deal.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:58 pm

Yep, I called it on the Freeza/Frost shenanigans. Wasn't expecting Zeno to out and out blank Frost at the end though, that was crazy.

Nice to see Universe 2 getting a good showing. Ribrianne was a lot of fun in the brief time we saw her, Jimeze is a class act even in defeat and I can't wait to see what this winged form in the NEP is all about.

Solid ep, not as good as the last one, nothing particularly offensive either.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:58 pm

UnknownPigWarrior wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote: It looks less likely now that we won't find out why Jimeze was on team Universe 2 as he is now onocked out
....he's obviously just from Universe 2? It's been stated time and time again, Saiyans only exist in U7 and U6. Not all of their races are exclusive to U7/U6.
Gohan could have said " I thought your race is only in Universe 6 and 7".

Then Jineze could have said "we are also in Universe 2"

That would have took nothing to do.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:00 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
UnknownPigWarrior wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:Called it. Bye Frost you worthless example of a univerasl tyrant you. :lol:

Long Live Lord Frieza!!!!! :clap:
Frost is a better character than "lol we brought him back AGAIN" Frieza. What a waste.
Sorry clone characters are never as good as the real deal.
Debatable. I think I'd rather have Kale than Broly. Mostly because she doesn't have a 13 word vocabulary :lol:
How i predict the tournament will end:

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:00 pm

-Freeza. Holy hell, Freeza. Enought said. Time to blast "F" by Maximum the Hormone.
-It seems that Goku vs. Ribrianne wasn't the main dish this episode despite ep. 107's ending and its NEP implying more otherwise. It felt like many recent Super fights with characters kicking each other through piles of rocks, repeated frame animations, and scrolling backgrounds in a top-down view. Nothing too interesting, although the fight seems better for the next episode, with more techniques in display and more unique animation. It makes me laugh seeing Ribrianne twerking to us before launching her Pretty Cannon.
-I liked the Bolla robot that attacked Gohan. I want to see more of it.
-Cabba vs. Toppo was almost nonexistent, but who expected a lot from this? I don't expect too much of these two characters, as Cabba has barely had any focus on him since Caulifla and Kale's introduction, and Toppo is just there to provide commentary.
-Despite flawed, I really like that shot of Freeza standing on a tall rock watching the mayhem. Probably the best "explosions in the distance" scenery I've seen in this tournament.
-Freeza's moan as he descends in front of Gohan and Jimeze was priceless. I hope Gerardo Reyero does it as well. Frost calling Freeza "sempai" of all things was funny, and he stole Black's line as well.
-First time in a while since Tails has spoken.
-"My hand has slipped" has become one of my favorite Freeza's quotes.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:04 pm

I liked the episode, but did Gohan have to lose to everyone? He couldn't even take out that little robot guy who was firing at him? I mean c'mon that was clearly a fodder character, at least let Gohan knock out that tiny robot. :lol:

I liked the Yardrat fight vs. Gohan, but again, Gohan shouldn't have been doing that badly. Freeza instantly defeating him was fantastic though, as well as nearly killing him. I also loved how Freeza and Gohan pretending to fight to take out Frost. And Frost being erased on the spot was the best part of the episode. I honestly cheered!

Lastly it does seem like Freeza can't be trusted. He's definitely going to betray Universe 7 by the time this tournament ends.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:04 pm

I really enjoyed the second half with Frost/Gohan/Freeza but now that I am finally caught up I am going to have to be more careful with avoiding spoilers because unfortunately almost everything was spoiled for me in this episode.

But as for the episode itself the stuff with Jimeze was a bit boring for me but the stuff with Frost, Freeza and Gohan was gold.

Freeza was still evil but he used his evil for good or at least the good of his team. Poor trusting Frost I almost feel bad for him. But Frost the last person you should trust is someone who looks like you.

As for Gohan I am so happy that he was in on it. If he wasn't that would have made Gohan too pathetic. But Gohan is smart. So happy it was shown he played along. Gohan is one of the most pure characters. I loved seeing him work together with Freeza. These team ups that we never seen before is definitely my favorite part of the TOP.

As for Freeza he definitely could still betray U7 later on if it would benefit him. I like that he is still a mystery in this arc.

Although now that U6 has less members than U7 should I worry about who is next to go for U7. They always seemed to lose members at a similar rate.

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:06 pm

so goku never fought using IT against gohan in the chamber? I'ts rather stupid for gohan not to know how to counter it. Hell frieza never fought someone who used it (he knew the technique) and he countered it like it was nothing. Saiyans are stupid not fighting full power it's going to cost gohan

also how is the spirit bomb gonna hurt jiren when he isn't evil?

and he is goku having trouble against that telatubby. smh

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:09 pm

jplaya2023 wrote:so goku never fought using IT against gohan in the chamber? I'ts rather stupid for gohan not to know how to counter it. Hell frieza never fought someone who used it (he knew the technique) and he countered it like it was nothing. Saiyans are stupid not fighting full power it's going to cost gohan

also how is the spirit bomb gonna hurt jiren when he isn't evil?

and he is goku having trouble against that telatubby. smh
Zagacious wrote:Kind of weak episode overall, despite the really good action, not a lot actually happened. I expected them to do more with Frost after hyping up his alliance with Frieza, but oh well. I wonder if Frost is really erased or in a sort of Limbo penalty box. I don't understand how Ribrianne hasn't been defeated yet, she must be holding back power because every fight she's been shown she was pretty much outmatched yet they keep showing her fighting.
Cause they keep holding Ribrianne back for some Reason. :eh:

Honestly she is FAR more powerful then this, she tanked SSJ-Vegeta and 17 very well with not lost of stamina or being overwhelmed, so the reasons for making this a Base form battle was just weird! I still liked the fight for what it was but just really why toei keeps holding Ribrianne and to a degree Goku back just is getting annoying now. :problem:

So No, Ribrianne is not outmatch, just many keep underestimating her, she holds a major power in her that has shown pretty impressively already, just don't get why Toei is waiting, maybe for later in the ToP.

Also, YES I don't think at all Ribrianne will be Ringed-Out next Episode, she is Key to U2 and Built-up the most by Toei in marketing, she has a place in the finals, I think this battle with Goku will just lead to her higher forms in the 3rd act, FINALLY!
Last edited by CJStriker_CBR on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:09 pm

Part of me was hoping that Frieza would acknowledge how much stronger Gohan has gotten since their last encounter. Especially since Frieza was killing him in base form. I guess that was expecting too much.

To be honest I thought it was an awesome episode. Frost getting KOed this early on was surprising to me. While I always thought Frieza would betray him, I thought it'd be towards the last 10 minutes or something.

The exempt Gods of Destruction have yet to seem impressed by the power they've all displayed thus far. One of the Supreme Kais even commented on it. IMO this could easily mean that Mortal Levels definitely have strength involved with the calculations. I know a lot of people have been saying they're completely unrelated, but this is just further proof that it does for the none believers. What if the average life form in one of those universes is as smart as Piccolo and as strong as Namek Saga Frieza? :shifty:
How i predict the tournament will end:

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:10 pm

UnknownPigWarrior wrote:
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:
UnknownPigWarrior wrote:Welp, Dragon Ball is officially dead to me.
Y'know, a reasoning behind your angst would be appreciated.
Permanently erasing a great character like Frost so even if they did a way to spare the universes, he's gone still. All so boring Frieza can be celebrated more.

Who cares about new characters when we can just keep bringing back Frieza over and over again!!!
I definitely agree on that Frost got wasted so damn quickly, being an important character in his universe and being the main antagonist of the franchise counterpart, I liked his character since the last episode. On the other part, the Freeza action was very good and he is always on-character.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:11 pm

That was an okay episode I guess. I did like how repulsed the guys of Universe 2 were by Freeza's actions, and Champa rooting for Freeza was pretty funny.

Can't really say I'm gonna miss Frost. He frankly would've been a more interesting character if he actually was a good guy like he initially appeared to be, instead of a wannabe Freeza.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:12 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:
UnknownPigWarrior wrote:
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: Y'know, a reasoning behind your angst would be appreciated.
Permanently erasing a great character like Frost so even if they did a way to spare the universes, he's gone still. All so boring Frieza can be celebrated more.

Who cares about new characters when we can just keep bringing back Frieza over and over again!!!
I definitely agree on that Frost got wasted so damn quickly, being an important character in his universe and being the main antagonist of the franchise counterpart, I liked his character since the last episode. On the other part, the Freeza action was very good and he is always on-character.
I don't see how Frost was wasted. He had the whole Roshi episode and he really is kind of redundant now that Freeza is back.

I'm not sure what else they could have done with him.

UnknownPigWarrior

Post by UnknownPigWarrior » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:13 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
UnknownPigWarrior wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote: It looks less likely now that we won't find out why Jimeze was on team Universe 2 as he is now onocked out
....he's obviously just from Universe 2? It's been stated time and time again, Saiyans only exist in U7 and U6. Not all of their races are exclusive to U7/U6.
Gohan could have said " I thought your race is only in Universe 6 and 7".

Then Jineze could have said "we are also in Universe 2"

That would have took nothing to do.
Or you could use your head and remember they only said Saiyans are exclusive to 6 and 7, and that there's no reason to assume all races from the two univeses are exclusive, therefore not needing them to have Jineze to address it (which is what happened)??

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:14 pm

Also Just want to say this Too:

I am Proud of Jimeze for showing he is a skilled Fighter and I WISHED this fight was not Interrupted by Frieza so we could have had a Proper and Honorable fight like Gohan vs. Obuni of U10!

Sadly I figured Jimeze was going to go, but all the Honor to him, he showed guts, power and skill I hoped he would.

He is one of My New Favorites of this arc and he has well earned his place! :clap:

Props to Jimeze the Yardrat, I hope him and Gohan get to Train together in the Future Arc! :thumbup:

--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:16 pm

just watched the sub and I have to agree.....Why would I team up with an amateur like Frost?

Also Looks like Belmod is going to be haveing a little chat with Jiren next episode.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:17 pm

Interesting how as soon as Piccolo left Gohan he looked like a confused puppy.

Freeza went the extra mile to troll Frost,he was amazing,