Super Episode 114 (5 November 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kishido
Banned

Re: Super Episode 114 (5 November 2017)

Post by Kishido » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:34 am

Drellz26 wrote:
Noah wrote:
Kaiosama wrote:

Nah, I guess only weapons and healing items are forbidden.
Something I also noticed, maybe no one saw them fuse as they were falling off. I’m not mad but here’s to hope that it gets mentioned.

And Goku...Move out the way, we want Frieza!
But she is healed by the Potaras as well

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:38 am

Kishido wrote:
Drellz26 wrote:
Noah wrote:
Something I also noticed, maybe no one saw them fuse as they were falling off. I’m not mad but here’s to hope that it gets mentioned.

Mmm you are right in a way. Maybe they'll explain this in the next episodes.
Last edited by Gt91 on Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:38 am

Kishido wrote:
Drellz26 wrote:
Noah wrote:

Potaras is not a healing item and the fusion is a new being. So Cali and Kale weren't 'healed'.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:39 am

Remember when they established the previous arc that Potara at this level of power is basically useless because you burn through all your Ki in an instant? Funny, that.

Remember when they established back in BoG that Super Saiyan God was a bigger power boost than a Potara fusion (with SS forms on top of that)?

More hilarious is the fact that Toei thinks we care about that forced terrible emotional moment at the start when they've given us NOTHING to care about with these characters.

What a terrible episode, thank God the visuals were great.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:43 am

Doctor. wrote:Remember when they established the previous arc that Potara at this level of power is basically useless because you burn through all your Ki in an instant? Funny, that.

Remember when they established back in BoG that Super Saiyan God was a bigger power boost than a Potara fusion (with SS forms on top of that)?

More hilarious is the fact that Toei thinks we care about that forced terrible emotional moment at the start when they've given us NOTHING to care about with these characters.

Believe in Freeza that this will end soon

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:45 am

Polarizing once again, it seems.

I wonder what accounts for the difference.

AloversGaming
Beyond Newbie

Post by AloversGaming » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:50 am

RedHeat wrote:
Artorias wrote:If anything, this episode proves that it's impossible to make Caulifla and Kale interesting. It was written by Toshio, Super's best writer, and even HE couldn't do anything with their characters.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go change my pants from that artwork.
I disagree. The episode shows that Kale and Caulifla play off each-other fantastically, from a character and personality standpoint.
Agreed. The girls are great together, and I love Caulifla being a mix of Goku and Vegeta's personality. Confident like Goku, cocky like Vegeta, but not to the extreme Vegeta was during Z. And Kale keeps getting better, too.

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:51 am

I'm betting the Nameks also fuse... just watch . :clap:

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:53 am

Kishido wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Remember when they established the previous arc that Potara at this level of power is basically useless because you burn through all your Ki in an instant? Funny, that.

Believe in Freeza that this will end soon
Freeza is our only hope at this point.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:03 am

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:Polarizing once again, it seems.

I wonder what accounts for the difference.
Some people care about consistency, others don't.
Some people like Kale and Caulifla, others don't.
Some people place animation above writing, others don't.

Pretty simple distinction to make here.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:09 am

Nah, zamasu was a potara fusion and he lasted way longer and he was supposed to defuse.

also are you seriously that ssg is weaker than ssb vegito because thats what you are implying

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:11 am

Totamo wrote:Nah, zamasu was a potara fusion and he lasted way longer and he was supposed to defuse.
Zamasu was a permanent fusion.
Totamo wrote:also are you seriously that ssg is weaker than ssb vegito because thats what you are implying
What? No, I'm saying SSG, according to BoG, is stronger than SS Vegetto, or SS3 if you wanna push it, which is why base Kafla shouldn't have been a threat at all.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:16 am

Doctor. wrote:
Totamo wrote:Nah, zamasu was a potara fusion and he lasted way longer and he was supposed to defuse.
Totamo wrote:also are you seriously that ssg is weaker than ssb vegito because thats what you are implying
What? No, I'm saying SSG, according to BoG, is stronger than SS Vegetto, or SS3 if you wanna push it, which is why base Kafla shouldn't have been a threat at all.
Not in the manga , zamasu was said to not be permanent. Then again the manga and the anime are very different when it comes to that so, maybe you are right. This is on Toei.

and i don't think that was said in the anime or manga versions that vegito line.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:21 am

HeroR wrote:Potaras is not a healing item and the fusion is a new being. So Cali and Kale weren't 'healed'.
But they should be weaker right? I mean Goku and Vegeta had to eat a Senzu before becoming Vegetto in the previous arc.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:27 am

Totamo wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
Not in the manga , zamasu was said to not be permanent. Then again the manga and the anime are very different when it comes to that so, maybe you are right. This is on Toei.

and i don't think that was said in the anime or manga versions that vegito line.
The whole "Even Vegetto wouldn't enough to defeat Beerus" was in the anime retelling of BOG but not in the manga retelling of the BOG.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:29 am

Doctor. wrote:
Why not? Isn't Kale like a real threat by herself alone? Then giving the fact, that potara earrings boost so much the power of it's users, and that both Kale and Caulifla could hold their own (thought not defeating) fighting ssgod Goku, what's the problem?

Yeah i get it, the Vegetto line in BoG, but wasn't that referring to Z Vegetto or something? Yeah i get it ssj 3, but how is that relevant if we don't know Goku's current power and Kale's power (Not mentioning Caulifla cause i think she's pretty much on par with ssj 2 Goku).

Also, wasn't the point in the last arc that Vegetto defused because he used too much power and not because he was so broken that his time limit was too short?

Now what i do wonder is how the hell was Goku transforming, wasn't he tired or something? I'm pretty sure that getting beat up =/= resting.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:30 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
Totamo wrote:
Doctor. wrote:

The whole "Even Vegetto wouldn't enough to defeat Beerus" was in the anime retelling of BOG but not in the manga retelling of the BOG.
It was also in the uncut version of the Battle of Gods movie.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:31 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
Totamo wrote:
Doctor. wrote:

The anime really loves shoot themselves in the foot. its like when they made base vegetto curbstomp buuhan.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:32 am

Cabba wrote:Why does any Ki blast with tracking control gets associated with Sokidan? If i remember correctly back in DB Piccolo used a tracking Technique against Goku
It goes without saying. It was the first freelly controllable technique of the whole Manga.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:36 am

Also, the two fused while transformed, so... here's (another) plot hole for you.
Totamo wrote:and i don't think that was said in the anime or manga versions that vegito line.
It was said in every version of BoG; it was a plot point.
dbs fanboy wrote:Why not? Isn't Kale like a real threat by herself alone? Then giving the fact, that potara earrings boost so much the power of it's users, and that both Kale and Caulifla could hold their own (thought not defeating) fighting ssgod Goku, what's the problem?
Why do people not seem to understand something so simple? Kale is a threat when she's transformed, her base form is weak. Kafla, likewise, should be a threat when she's transformed, she shouldn't be a threat to SSG Goku in her base form.
dbs fanboy wrote:Yeah i get it, the Vegetto line in BoG, but wasn't that referring to Z Vegetto or something? Yeah i get it ssj 3, but how is that relevant if we don't know Goku's current power and Kale's power (Not mentioning Caulifla cause i think she's pretty much on par with ssj 2 Goku).
It doesn't matter to which Vegetto it's referring. Goku basically says "The power boost of Super Saiyan God is bigger than the power boost of the Potara (with Super Saiyan on top)." We're not talking about character strength or powerlevels, we're talking about an established plot point: SSG's boost is bigger than Potara's.
dbs fanboy wrote:Also, wasn't the point in the last arc that Vegetto defused because he used too much power and not because he was so broken that his time limit was too short?
He used "too much power" by firing off a Final Kamehameha. Via the same logic, any time Kafla attempts a strong Ki attack, she should defuse.
Last edited by Doctor. on Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.