Doujinshi Scans

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Re: Doujinshi Scans

Post by StarRot » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:58 pm

Circle: WolfPack
Rating: G
Genre: Humour
Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?5w2jkmojxc8ss8m

Clearly, this is how the events of Movie 10 should have gone.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

AleezaChocolat

Post by AleezaChocolat » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:57 am

Ooh, I really like the art in that WolfPack/Broly doujinshi. If you'd told me Toriyama had drawn it himself, I wouldn't have thought twice! Thanks so much for posting. :)

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:07 am

Yeah, their art is really nice.
I've got two other comics by them that I'll scan soon.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:08 pm

OK, so the doujinshi that I have managed to view fine are the ones in compressed (zipped) folders. But the ones I'm unable to view are RAR files, which seems to be the majority of them.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:20 pm

Okay, thank you for letting me know.
I'll keep this in mind when I upload scans in the future.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:24 pm

StarRot wrote:Okay, thank you for letting me know.
I'll keep this in mind when I upload scans in the future.
Thanks. :)
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:37 pm

Just something super short.
You can find the whole thing on the site.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

GINYU. GINYU AS THE SWAN QUEEN. It's pretty amazing.
The Shin Megami Parody also made me smile.

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:16 am

Title: Yatsura
Circle: Index Crime Project
Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?9snkanfyz664np6

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:36 am

Very awesome! Thanks for sharing. I don't know Japanese, but piecing together the story based on the panels are half the fun!

I've got two doujinshi myself, both of which clearly have volume numbers on them, and I was wondering if you knew how many volumes each series lasted for. One's simply called "Dragon Ball" by Ronpao Konsu with Vegeta and Goku both on motorcycles. The other one's called "Ma" (after Piccolo's emblem thing, I'm assuming) and is by a one O. Odoro. From what I can get, both series are hilarious and I'd like to see more if you have 'em. I'll put up scans of both doujinshi once I get the chance.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:59 am

Hmmm ... they ring a bell ... I'd have to see the covers to be sure if they're the same ones that I'm thinking of, though.

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:28 pm

Title: DB School Love Fighter
Circle: hallelujah kinokomaru
Rating: PG
Genre: Humour/Romance
Pairing: GokuxChiChi
Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?rpr08viyc9x0zmy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:02 pm

Hey, put up a couple pages of my two unknown doujinshi here and here. Hope you can tell me more about these doujinshi, StarRot!
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:39 am

Ah, these are fairly old doujinshi! You’re quite lucky to own them.

I should note – when doujinshi artists release work, they usually number them but it doesn’t necessary mean they’re part of a series. For example, this:
has the number eighteen on it. That simply means it’s the eighteenth doujinshi this circle has published.

Ronpao Konsu and O. Odoro (AKA - HONOBONO COMPANY) were both “doujinshi circles” – a group of artists rather than a single artist.
Unfortunately I’m not all that knowledgeable of these circles or their work. Sorry I couldn’t give you any more info. ^^;

P.S, if you’re interested, one of HONOBONO's comics is for sale here.
And here’s a list of some of HONOBONO COMPANY’s works.
By coincidence I just won an auction with “?” in it a week or so ago.

And from a while back:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I don't know what they're about or anything, I've only seen a couple of images from each, but if you have or don't mind trying to find "High Shock" or "Power Ball", they looked sort of interesting. Also this, but I don't have a name... :cry:

I found out where this is from! 月刊サイヤSPECIAL.Vol.9 by 月刊サイヤ.
Here's the cover:

Now, I just have to find it on sale ...

Velasa

Post by Velasa » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:35 am

God I've been gone a long time to not notice this thread... Hurrah, doujinshi! I love that you're sharing books like this that are so hard to find anymore, but I am curious... how are you scanning these? Most of the processes I've heard are godawful destructive to the books, and I can't bear to take my books apart.

I've been hunting for Miracle Lunch Box and Modern Lovers or years now- I saved the links for pretty pictures, but I think I'm going to keep hunting for them in my price range before reading the scans ^^;

And as for recs, I'd adore anything you can find by Taku Fusamichi, Pink Palace, Akamanma, Asian Mama or the Piccoloball people who's circle name I don't know. As for a specific book, if you have Parallel? I bought this book a while ago and thanks to a colossal fuck up of the mail I never got it and lost $30 =_=

Regardless, keep up the good work!
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:53 pm

Hmmm … well, I’m not doing anything really special … just scanning them like I would any other book. It doesn’t really cause any damage, except for a little bit of “curving” – but I just place a heavy book on top of the scanned doujinshi and it’s as good as new. I know some people remove staples or rip their doujinshi apart when they scan, but I could never do that. ;A; The thought alone makes me shudder a little, to be honest.

Welp, I often bid on lots so if I ever get my hands on another copy of Miracle Lunch Box or Modern Lovers, you can have them for free.

Okay, I can keep a look out for doujinshi by those circles. I don’t have Parallel, but I can also look out for that too. That really blows what happened to you!

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:50 am

Title: Revelations
Circle: Nameshi Shang Shang-P
Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?baw5sl1fo9eyb64

I’m taking a break from scanning the book “Dragonball Adventure Special” (which I will make a thread about when I’m done) so quickly scanned this.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:32 pm

Haha, the thought never even occurred to me that Piccolo could have used that technique to fend off Oozaru Gohan. Also dig the Ten/Chauzu pic and the Yamcha/Saibaiman pic. Geez... these doujinshi guys :D.

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:47 pm

DaemonCorps wrote:Haha, the thought never even occurred to me that Piccolo could have used that technique to fend off Oozaru Gohan.
I really love that page.
It makes me want to paint a Giant Piccolo Vs Oozaru Gohan picture in the style of those old Godzilla posters.

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:33 pm

StarRot wrote:
DaemonCorps wrote:Haha, the thought never even occurred to me that Piccolo could have used that technique to fend off Oozaru Gohan.
I really love that page.
It makes me want to paint a Giant Piccolo Vs Oozaru Gohan picture in the style of those old Godzilla posters.
This close enough?
Last edited by DaemonCorps on Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:49 am

Giant Piccolo wrestling Oozaru Gohan like something out of Godzilla? That is awesome.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!