Dragonball Z: Saiyan Saga - Help make this happen!

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Re: Dragonball Z: Saiyan Saga - Help make this happen!

Post by songohan619 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:45 pm

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:They used the same hair style as Evolution. Well, the final style at least(the good one after the Ozaru transformation). Also, I got to give points to Evolution for having the better costume.
Can you show me a picture of that hairstyle?

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:46 pm

songohan619 wrote:
SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:They used the same hair style as Evolution. Well, the final style at least(the good one after the Ozaru transformation). Also, I got to give points to Evolution for having the better costume.
Can you show me a picture of that hairstyle?

That's the best I can do. Most image results are of the early "Gohan looking" hair. If you feel brave enough to watch the movie again, that style is the one that pops up at the end.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:35 pm

That is a really bad picture of Goku.. Why choose a picture like that to show? He's looking scared and doubtful instead of being confident and fearless.. The second picture looks good though. It's at least better than chatku.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:29 am

songohan619 wrote:They just released a picture of Goku:
Not sure if i like it yet, but it`s better than Evolution!
Oh lordy this looks horrible.

Still wishing for the day to see Jon Foo as Goku.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

PhoenixEX
Regular

Post by PhoenixEX » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:50 am

This is already 10x better than Evolution, even though the pictures don't do it much justice, in the end it's the actual film itself that matters.
One World. 🌐 🕊

TheNamekGio
Patreon Supporter

Post by TheNamekGio » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:12 am

dbboxkaifan wrote:
songohan619 wrote:They just released a picture of Goku:
Not sure if i like it yet, but it`s better than Evolution!
Oh lordy this looks horrible.

Still wishing for the day to see Jon Foo as Goku.

Horrible? Some people just won't ever understand that you can't EVER render an animated ANYTHING to an actual film counter part 100%. This Goku looks 1000 times better than DBE's film. Can't believe these bloody wankers! LMAO! :lol: :lol:
I'm a DB veteran thats paid my DB dues!!

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:06 am

Goku looks okay. The picture itself is bad though.. He looks like he's going to sneeze for crying out loud. Or he's wondering if there's a bug on his shoulder.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:33 am

Appūru-sama wrote:Image

Boots are looking pretty ratty. And whats with the karate gi?
He's in a climactic battle for the fate of the world. Of course his clothes are going to look "ratty".

I swear you guys will find anything to complain/nitpick about.
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I guess these people have something against wrist bands? So much for accuracy, and on such a simple task.. lulz
...it's wristbands. Yeah, it's something so small that there's really no reason to not have them...but it's also so small that there's no reason to care if they aren't in.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:44 am

Big Momma wrote:...it's wristbands. Yeah, it's something so small that there's really no reason to not have them...but it's also so small that there's no reason to care if they aren't in.
Your opinion. One of their biggest marketing strategies for this commercial has been maintaining authenticity from the original series. All the characters you love in the correct plot, with the correct costumes, dialogue, names, etc., etc. But to me, if they aren't competent enough to include wrist bands on the costumes, one of the most simplistic details (and one they don't really even have to make themselves or spend wads of cash to obtain), then I have to question their ability to handle the bigger and more difficult tasks of a project like this while staying true to their original, "authentic" pitch.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:46 am

Any idea when this will come out?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:11 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Big Momma wrote:...it's wristbands. Yeah, it's something so small that there's really no reason to not have them...but it's also so small that there's no reason to care if they aren't in.
Your opinion. One of their biggest marketing strategies for this commercial has been maintaining authenticity from the original series. All the characters you love in the correct plot, with the correct costumes, dialogue, names, etc., etc. But to me, if they aren't competent enough to include wrist bands on the costumes, one of the most simplistic details (and one they don't really even have to make themselves or spend wads of cash to obtain), then I have to question their ability to handle the bigger and more difficult tasks of a project like this while staying true to their original, "authentic" pitch.

So, even though they got all these other things, "correct plot, with the correct costumes, dialogue, names, etc., etc."...because one or two characters is missing wristbands, their credibility is thrown out? That's incredibly unfair. Maybe there's something going on behind the scenes that you don't know about? Something happened to the wristbands at the last second? That Chaozu picture was 90% photoshopped, so they were probably just left out by accident...or just aren't put in yet. Other characters have their wristbands on, so I'm sure they have a valid/good reason. Heck, even if they don't...they're just wristbands.
One top of everything else in this movie, on top of all the hard work and care they're putting into this, they don't matter. And, as I said, it's not even a universal thing. One character didn't have them. Big whoop.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:20 am

I'm inclined to say, "You'll bitch about every single bit of everyone's bitching, won't you?"
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:48 am

I guess I did let myself get a little heated there, haha. Sorry DevilsCorpse, don't take it personally. :D

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:30 pm

The revitalization of this thread has lead to me to ask, what the hell happen to the production of this trailer? None of their sites have any major updates on the product(other then a few thank you tweets and "see old video" comments). I know there is still a lot of post production that needs to be done; but there hasn't even been a "yup we're alive" youtube video or anything. It's July and their last video was April something...I'm worried. :shock:
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:31 pm

Maybe Toei or whoever got to them.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:51 pm

If that was the case, wouldn't their official site, their Facebook page, their YouTube account, and whatever else erased from existence?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Post by Avenged » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:54 pm

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:The revitalization of this thread has lead to me to ask, what the hell happen to the production of this trailer? None of their sites have any major updates on the product(other then a few thank you tweets and "see old video" comments). I know there is still a lot of post production that needs to be done; but there hasn't even been a "yup we're alive" youtube video or anything. It's July and their last video was April something...I'm worried. :shock:

You do realize they released this photo of Goku about a week ago right? Along with all the other characters before that. And maybe you should pay attention to their twitter since they're always posting updates on this project.
I'm inclined to say, "You'll bitch about every single bit of everyone's bitching, won't you?"
And you're bitching about everyone else bitching. And I'm bitching about your bitching, so bitch about it.
Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community

Travis Touchdown
Regular

Post by Travis Touchdown » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:10 am

When it comes to these pics that they keep revealing, a lot of them for me are hit and miss. I don't think this will turn out to be the "as close to perfect as we can get" adaptation that they claim it will be. I'm sure they're going to take A LOT of creative liberties (probably to the degree of Evolution) and try to justify them later.

Still, I appreciate the effort they're putting forth. For that much I'll wish them the best of luck, and I would gladly buy a ticket to go see it, but I'm certainly not donating any money to it.
"Hey girlfriend, why don't you throw a few more punches? Afraid you might break a nail or somethin?"
Ken - Street Fighter II

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:28 am

Avenged wrote:
You do realize they released this photo of Goku about a week ago right? Along with all the other characters before that. And maybe you should pay attention to their twitter since they're always posting updates on this project.
It's been exactly two weeks since today, Friday(just checked the time stamp). I also skimmed through there twitter yesterday when I made that post. It was a lot of "Thank You" messages from them and "OMG you're awesome!" from other people...and something about extras needed.

Appūru-sama
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Appūru-sama » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:44 pm

Big Momma wrote:
Appūru-sama wrote:Image

Boots are looking pretty ratty. And whats with the karate gi?
He's in a climactic battle for the fate of the world. Of course his clothes are going to look "ratty".

I swear you guys will find anything to complain/nitpick about.
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I guess these people have something against wrist bands? So much for accuracy, and on such a simple task.. lulz
...it's wristbands. Yeah, it's something so small that there's really no reason to not have them...but it's also so small that there's no reason to care if they aren't in.
In the series, Goku's boots look like they're made of a durable, sturdy, heavy material built for impact and heavy weight training.

These look like cheap fabric wrapped around his ankles, on top of some even cheaper slip-on shoes. I'm sure K8K could have afforded/crated SOMETHING more credible/accurate. Will it ruin the trailer? Of course not. But being this is topic is about their trailer, I thought it was relevant.

ONE observation about his boots/gi? How exactly is that being nitpicky? :lol: