Dragonball Z: Saiyan Saga - Help make this happen!

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

chaosakita
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Dragonball Z: Saiyan Saga - Help make this happen!

Post by chaosakita » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:26 pm

3. Do they have tails.
Answer: Yes they do. If you watch the trailer you can see them around thier waste.
Oh my gosh, can't stop laughing.

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:24 pm

They posted another video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gnucUwj7ug

Shows Tien training.

and a different vid of Tien training http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... LE7p99842g

I like the fact that they're uploading other videos to go along with the trailer. I wonder if they'll upload more..

I also found a stash of photos I haven't seen before. http://www.artisanfilms.co.uk/Dragon-Ball-Z.html

Including Goku on location shot and Piccolo actually looking like Piccolo.
Last edited by Jackal puFF on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:40 pm

That Tenshinhan video is by far the best thing I've seen from them and this production. If the trailer looks like that, I'll be happy.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

Nex Carnifex
Banned

Post by Nex Carnifex » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:32 am

It looks pretty, but I wouldn't know it was Dragon Ball from watching it. Tenshinhan's movement is way to slow for this to be Dragon Ball.

Fulicer
Beyond Newbie

Post by Fulicer » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:42 am

Nex Carnifex wrote:It looks pretty, but I wouldn't know it was Dragon Ball from watching it. Tenshinhan's movement is way to slow for this to be Dragon Ball.
It's probably part of a demo reel for this actor.

Quick movements would require a bigger budget. I think if one were to make a Dragon Ball film (without the Z), then slower movements would likely be ok (and maybe "sped up" with special effects). Especially during earlier parts of that story, since the characters became faster over time.

I'm not sure if they will have stereotypical, faster-than-you-can-see, DBZ-style fight scenes in this trailer but if they do, then it would be a good test for them. Based on what I see so far, it may not be pretty.

Fulicer
Beyond Newbie

Post by Fulicer » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:42 am

Nex Carnifex wrote:It looks pretty, but I wouldn't know it was Dragon Ball from watching it. Tenshinhan's movement is way to slow for this to be Dragon Ball.

Quick movements would require a bigger budget. I think if one were to make a Dragon Ball film (without the Z), then slower movements might be ok at times (and maybe "sped up" with special effects). Especially during earlier parts of that story, since the characters became faster over time.

I'm not sure if they will have stereotypical, faster-than-you-can-see, DBZ-style fight scenes in this trailer but if they do, then it would be a good test for them. Based on what I have seen so far, it may not be pretty.

gohan2k
Beyond Newbie

Post by gohan2k » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:55 am

Yes and as this was a deleted scene with no effects done (like the Tenshinhan not having his 3rd eye) so I expect the actual trailer to be better.

Generally impressed with their efforts so far - their 30 second teaser was more exciting than all of DB Evolution.
[quote="TripleRach"]I don't like Vegeta much. He spends most of the series as a whiny bitch.[/quote]

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:12 am

Well, damn. If they're going to put that much effort into the camera they ought to put more into their acting. That or just not include dialogue. :P
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Nex Carnifex
Banned

Post by Nex Carnifex » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:17 am

Fulicer wrote:

Quick movements would require a bigger budget. I think if one were to make a Dragon Ball film (without the Z), then slower movements would likely be ok (and maybe "sped up" with special effects). Especially during earlier parts of that story, since the characters became faster over time.

I'm not sure if they will have stereotypical, faster-than-you-can-see, DBZ-style fight scenes in this trailer but if they do, then it would be a good test for them. Based on what I see so far, it may not be pretty.
They did get a ton of money via donations. Getting Tien to look fast shouldn't have been that hard, just pan around him slowely as he does his motions, then speed up the footage for a rapid speed effect.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:41 am

I just watched the Vegeta video again and I noticed that when Nappa walks to Vegeta you can still hear the fire but when you look at the fire you can see clearly it's already out. With them making amateur mistakes like that I'm really serious to see how the final product turns out
Jord doesn't have a avatar because the combination of Jord and a equally cool avatar would cause the universe to implode.

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Post by Avenged » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:41 pm

I thought this teaser was overall pretty good, especially their original take on the scouters. The armor is for sure a lot better than what they used before, but still not what I was expecting. Projects like this did start Mortal Kombat Legacy so let's hope for this to become a somewhat success so they or someone else comes in and does a better job for a possible web series. If anything this will just spark someone else's interest and take the same idea and do it themselves with their own original idea.
Jord wrote:I just watched the Vegeta video again and I noticed that when Nappa walks to Vegeta you can still hear the fire but when you look at the fire you can see clearly it's already out. With them making amateur mistakes like that I'm really serious to see how the final product turns out
The fire is still going, you can clearly still see the smoke. Way to nitpick!

But this is by far the best photo of Goku we have obtained yet!

Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:50 pm

I admit that teaser was pretty cool. The armors don't look that bad, I would imagine that they would look that if Hollywood did made a official movie based on the saiyan saga. The planets in the background look good, very nice looking in my opinion.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:03 pm

This may sound kind of odd, but I think they really nailed Gokuu in terms of physique. In the later Saiyan arc, Gokuu has really large muscles, which was due to Toriyama evolving his art style.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:01 pm

His physique is spot on in my opinion, but that wasn't a question for me. I like their choices for actors in terms of build and look(in some cases). They look like fighters because they are all fighters. The only down side to this is performances are never top notch when the actors are primary fighters. You get that cheesy B-movie feel. But for a trailer, I don't think that's a big deal. However, I don't like the hair. It's lazy. "Not in a wow, that looks just like what Goku would do" kind of lazy but a "man that hair dresser is phoning it in" lazy. Having longer hair was a smart choice but I feel like it can be better.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

dragondyle
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by dragondyle » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:29 pm

Here's a new character photo, this time of Nappa.

You must have faith in who you are.

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:45 pm

The characters look pretty good in the actual footage but all of them look horrid in these posters.

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:22 am

His scouter color is pretty neat. And yeah the posters are awful compared to the video.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:31 am

I'd say his stance and pose could use some work. Looks more like he's about to give me a prostate exam.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:52 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote:I'd say his stance and pose could use some work. Looks more like he's about to give me a prostate exam.
"Bend over and Spread'em."
-Nappa