Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AwesomeABP

Re: Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Post by AwesomeABP » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:18 pm

Hey Malik! This is kinda a weird question, but what text font do you use?

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:02 pm

Hey Malik did you get my PM on DA? Kinda needing your input on it, especially since I'm still going back and fourth with certain things to ensure they don't turn out as asspulls.

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:20 am

AwesomeABP wrote:Hey Malik! This is kinda a weird question, but what text font do you use?
AnimeAce
BlazingBarrrager wrote:Hey Malik did you get my PM on DA? Kinda needing your input on it, especially since I'm still going back and fourth with certain things to ensure they don't turn out as asspulls.
Idk I haven't been on dA since I took these commissions. I'll check and answer you there

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:52 pm

Malik_DBNA wrote:Idk I haven't been on dA since I took these commissions. I'll check and answer you there
Thanks for the reply and explanation. Because of the valid points you made, I decided to drop the idea as well as remove my FC's SSJ3 form since even if she achieved it it will still be unpractical and go against character.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:26 pm

Hey. Is the manga on hiatus? You haven't posted new contents for nearly 2 months.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:06 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:Hey. Is the manga on hiatus? You haven't posted new contents for nearly 2 months.
Yes, I'm on hiatus for now to catch up on commission work and start production on my original work.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:58 pm

Malik_DBNA wrote:
DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:Hey. Is the manga on hiatus? You haven't posted new contents for nearly 2 months.
Yes, I'm on hiatus for now to catch up on commission work and start production on my original work.
Hey for the bugging, but did you get my PM? Also is there someone else you can point me to for help? I don't want to keep asking you for assistance when you're incredibly busy.

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:41 am

BlazingBarrrager wrote:
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Hey for the bugging, but did you get my PM? Also is there someone else you can point me to for help? I don't want to keep asking you for assistance when you're incredibly busy.
I did get your PM its just difficult to answer via my phone. I'll gladly answer when I get home, its no trouble at all :-)

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:44 pm

Thanks. I really appreciate you taking moments of your busy schedule to answer my questions. :)

gogeta1231

Post by gogeta1231 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:36 am

Enjoy your Hiatus Malik, you deserve it after all your hardwork! Also, the way things are going in Super, it looks like Toriyama may use the Namekian Book of Legends, what do you think about that, considering you used it first? :lol:

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:34 pm

Hey, and happy new year :) When do you plan on coming back :)? I was thinking about your manga today and how much I enjoy it.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:20 pm

Joining question too :)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:30 pm

Hey Malik, i just wanted to say that i'm a really big fan of your manga. And it's actually the only "fan-made" manga that i read and enjoy. I'm a very big fan of the whole Aspect Lord/Aladjinn stuff you've introduced. And i like the way you incorporated the 12 universes concept of BoG. I thought the Rigor part was executed pretty good. (Even though a legendary ssj figure is pretty common in fan fictions and therefore isn't original anymore) but i liked the way you personally handled it.
But the main reason why i love your manga so much is basically because of Aladjinn/Aspect Lord stuff.
I liked everything about it!
And thus it's a real Real shame you had to go in hiatus.. I would really like it if you had the opportunity to get back on track some day.
(Afterall we never got to see Aladjinn reforming his original body again, as well as the other 3 aspect lords)

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:39 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:Hey Malik, i just wanted to say that i'm a really big fan of your manga. And it's actually the only "fan-made" manga that i read and enjoy. I'm a very big fan of the whole Aspect Lord/Aladjinn stuff you've introduced. And i like the way you incorporated the 12 universes concept of BoG. I thought the Rigor part was executed pretty good. (Even though a legendary ssj figure is pretty common in fan fictions and therefore isn't original anymore) but i liked the way you personally handled it.
But the main reason why i love your manga so much is basically because of Aladjinn/Aspect Lord stuff.
And thus it's a real Real shame you had to go in hiatus.. I would really like it if you had the opportunity to get back on track some day.
(Afterall we never got to see Aladjinn reforming his original body again, as well as the other 3 aspect lords)
I appreciate the compliments :)

Believe me, I didn't want to go on hiatus, but I really just stretched myself too thin. Between working a normal full-time job and then turning DBNA into a full-time job, I burned myself out, so I had to dial back. I'm going to get back to uploading stuff soon hopefully. I appreciate that people have been patient with my time off

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:33 am

Malik_DBNA wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:Hey Malik, i just wanted to say that i'm a really big fan of your manga. And it's actually the only "fan-made" manga that i read and enjoy. I'm a very big fan of the whole Aspect Lord/Aladjinn stuff you've introduced. And i like the way you incorporated the 12 universes concept of BoG. I thought the Rigor part was executed pretty good. (Even though a legendary ssj figure is pretty common in fan fictions and therefore isn't original anymore) but i liked the way you personally handled it.
I appreciate the compliments :)

Believe me, I didn't want to go on hiatus, but I really just stretched myself too thin. Between working a normal full-time job and then turning DBNA into a full-time job, I burned myself out, so I had to dial back. I'm going to get back to uploading stuff soon hopefully. I appreciate that people have been patient with my time off
It's good to take a break. If there's one thing I hate it's the people who push and nag artists like they're entitled to material they get for free (not that Godvegetto is doing that, but I've seen it elsewhere), and then act like they could do it faster when they can't even draw. Motivation keeps people going, but at some point it turns into nagging, and I think that pressure is one of the number one factors in artists leaving unfinished series and quitting. I'm glad we fans are staying patient with you. Take as long as you need, and come back when you think you can make a good job of it.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:53 pm

Agreed. I mean that's one of the main reasons "Super Mario Bros. Z" got cancelled 8 years ago (before the reboot). People just kept nagging and nagging and nagging that, combined with having a shitty job, just threw him in a loop. I don't think Malik has it quite as bad, but yeah it's good to get your major life responsibilities done and make them a priority.

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:30 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote:Agreed. I mean that's one of the main reasons "Super Mario Bros. Z" got cancelled 8 years ago (before the reboot). People just kept nagging and nagging and nagging that, combined with having a shitty job, just threw him in a loop. I don't think Malik has it quite as bad, but yeah it's good to get your major life responsibilities done and make them a priority.
That's precisely the issue. It came down to what was more important at the time: A roof over my head or the comic. Unfortunately, DBNA and my other comic work isn't paying my bills (in fact, I only made about a months wages total via my book sales and Patreon combined last year). Maybe one day my work will actually be DBNA and my original series, but until then I need to work a regular job, and unfortunately that takes away my free time

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:35 am

If by some chance Rigor had fought Golden Frieza who would win? The hypothetical battle would be just when Frieza powered up into his Ultimate Evolution and was just about to fight Super Saiyan Blue Goku when both Rigor and his wife show up. Let's say a distortion in time from the events of Dragon Ball: Xenoverse had made this happen.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:46 am

Malik has made a very obvious power chart in which Rigor is way beyond most characters when he is at full power. I think the only ones above that are his Aspect Lords when they have their God Powers (and are not as limited as Aladjinn is currently). I Rigor starts weaker than Freeza but very quickly surpasses him in battle, he probably cannot even be defeated through his Overflow as Freeza also gets weaker. But for more Malik will surely answer.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:33 pm

Cetra wrote:Malik has made a very obvious power chart in which Rigor is way beyond most characters when he is at full power. I think the only ones above that are his Aspect Lords when they have their God Powers (and are not as limited as Aladjinn is currently). I Rigor starts weaker than Freeza but very quickly surpasses him in battle, he probably cannot even be defeated through his Overflow as Freeza also gets weaker. But for more Malik will surely answer.
Correct. When Rigor's powers are at their zenith, his strength can exceed even Beerus (Whis is still considerably more powerful however). Given that fact, the fight would be relatively even at first, but whereas Rigor's powers INCREASE as he remains transformed, Freeza's decrease over time. Rigor could eventually win out against him, in my opinion. But that's just me.

As far as the Aspect Lords, their powers are beyond Gods as they are beyond Gods themselves. To try and quantify their powers is impossible