Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Re: Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:47 pm

I see it the way BoG portrays Gohan: Let's say that Gohan's battle power is 10 in base, and 1000 in Ultimate. He can power up his base up to 10 if he is suppressed, and then either transform into a Super Saiyan normally, or activate his Ultimate power up to go anywhere between 10 and 1000.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:49 pm

I always saw Ultimate Gohan as just his base form.

All the power he would access in his SSJ form is just brought out to base now. Rather than having to bring it out with SSJ it's just always there.

So theoretically he could go SSJ but there would be no point because there would not be any hidden power to bring out.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:51 pm

mAcChaos wrote:I always saw Ultimate Gohan as just his base form.

All the power he would access in his SSJ form is just brought out to base now. Rather than having to bring it out with SSJ it's just always there.

So theoretically he could go SSJ but there would be no point because there would not be any hidden power to bring out.
This is also how I see it. I don't think he can go SSJ as when he tried to his eyes were green but his hair remained black. If he somehow could go SSJ then it would just be Ultimate Gohan with SSJ hair.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:59 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote: BTW, why did you replace Goten with Gohan?
For this arc, it was purely almost just to see the possible fusion of Gohan and Trunks at first. But then I started to look at it from a future standpoint of a possible world without Goku or Vegeta. Trunks, even though he was wimpy in GT, always seemed more serious than Goten, so I wanted to build him up a little more to fill the shoes of his father once Goku and Vegeta are actually gone.
dbzfan7 wrote: He didn't really seem to have any hidden powers, but like Goku be able to get good gains from training. I can possibly see Trunks maybe being close if he had his potential unlocked like Gohan did.
Future Trunks is a pretty good example of the big gains. I think this way might be the way to go. Would that make the fusion plausibility a little easier to take?

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:03 pm

Malik_DBNA wrote:Future Trunks is a pretty good example of the big gains. I think this way might be the way to go. Would that make the fusion plausibility a little easier to take?
He and Goten are kinda like Goku and Vegeta when it comes to gains. Possibly better. I'm not sure how much hidden power he really has. If fusion must happen then it seems like potential unlock from the Elder Kaioshin would help make it easier to live with.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:05 pm

Not to disrespect or anything but how about no fusion at all?

Opinion is bias on my part since I'm a Goten fanboy

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:15 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:Not to disrespect or anything but how about no fusion at all?

I'll PM you, this is a big spoiler

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:19 pm

Malik_DBNA wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:Not to disrespect or anything but how about no fusion at all?

I'll PM you, this is a big spoiler
Me as well please :?
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:58 am

Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Saiyan Prince Vegeta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Saiyan Prince Vegeta » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:30 am

I can't see a fusion with Trunks being a huge problem, Goku also planned to do the fusion dance with Ultimate Gohan in the Boo arc.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:34 am

Saiyan Prince Vegeta wrote:I can't see a fusion with Trunks being a huge problem, Goku also planned to do the fusion dance with Ultimate Gohan in the Boo arc.
You mean this?

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:45 am

No. Before Elder Kaioshin gave Son Goku the Potara earrings, Goku was going to leave immediately. Elder asked him how he intended to beat Boo.

"I know! Gohan and I can fuse!"
"You mean like the kids? I doubt Boo will wait for you to do that ridiculous dance."

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:02 pm

Malik_DBNA wrote:No. Before Elder Kaioshin gave Son Goku the Potara earrings, Goku was going to leave immediately. Elder asked him how he intended to beat Boo.

"I know! Gohan and I can fuse!"
"You mean like the kids? I doubt Boo will wait for you to do that ridiculous dance."
Wouldn't the Fusion Dance hamper them considering major advantage Gohan has over Goku? It would be more or less like Goku fusing with Mr. Satan.

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:24 pm

I think Goku fusing with Mr. Satan would be more detrimental than Goku fusing with Gohan.

Gohan is, at minimum, 400 times stronger than Base Goku, most likely around 500 times considering how much stronger Gohan was than base Super Boo, who Goku has stated he was no match for even as a SSJ3.

I personally believe Metamoran fusion takes the combined powers of both fusees and multiplies that number by 50, so a fusion warrior with double Goku's strength, further multiplied by 50, and not including SSJ multipliers would be pretty powerful. Hell, Vegetto is officially considered to be in the same league as a SSJ4 and he was made of weaker materials.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:31 pm

If they were going to fuse, it would not have been in base. Because it's outright said you need to be close in power, and Goku also asks Old Kai if he should be a Super Saiyan when he fuses using potara. Pretty clear that he would plan on fusing while transformed.

However, Goku only thought that up on the spot, and really shouldn't say anything about if Goku and Gohan can actually fuse. Because what was clearly said earlier, is that they need to be close for it to work at all. Just lowering your power isn't enough if you're too different to begin with.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

hulkty
Banned

Post by hulkty » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:19 pm

A few questions:
Are you planning on having Future Trunks make a return in your fan manga at some time? (Maybe with SSj2 or 3...or 4) :roll:
Are you still deciding on a form AFTER SSj5?
Can SSj5's still fuse? and Are you planning to have a fusion of them?
Will potara earrings return?
How does "Super Human" compare to "Super Saiyan" multiplier-wise?
Do you plan on having Gohan, Goten, and/or Trunks reach SSj4 somehow?
Why did you decide against having a saga with the Frieza/Cell/Buu fusion? ...Would you consider still using it in a future saga?

More questions later. :D

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:34 pm

hulkty wrote:A few questions:
Are you planning on having Future Trunks make a return in your fan manga at some time? (Maybe with SSj2 or 3...or 4) :roll:
Are you still deciding on a form AFTER SSj5?
Can SSj5's still fuse? and Are you planning to have a fusion of them?
Will potara earrings return?
How does "Super Human" compare to "Super Saiyan" multiplier-wise?
Do you plan on having Gohan, Goten, and/or Trunks reach SSj4 somehow?
Why did you decide against having a saga with the Freeza/Cell/Buu fusion? ...Would you consider still using it in a future saga?

More questions later. :D
1) No.
2) No.
3) I don't see why they couldn't. Maybe, IDK
4) I accidentally drew them in earlier chapters, but no.
5) I'm actually doing some rewriting on that particular portion. He won't be quite as powerful as a Super Saiyan
6) At this point no. Every doujinshi is doing that. Its too doujinshi-cliche
7) Again, too doujinshi-cliche. I used some aspects of it for other villains, just not the looks. No.

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:36 pm

Next Page - End of Chapter 29

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:39 pm

Gohan born to protect Earth. Funny joke :lol: . But nice father to son pass on.

Still hate the damn fusion idea :evil:

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:10 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:Gohan born to protect Earth. Funny joke :lol: . But nice father to son pass on.

Still hate the damn fusion idea :evil:
Every fan comic has to let you down somewhere. Just be thankful there's not a whole lot here. Though I find "Who Want's To Be A Super Hero" the best fancomic ever with absolutely nothing wrong with it.