Unofficial New DB Series Dragonball Absalon Episode 1

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ringworm128
Banned

Re: Unofficial New DB Series Dragonball Absalon Episode 1

Post by Ringworm128 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:01 am

I'm waiting for Cellfreebuu to appear.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:01 am

OK, ignoring their small knowledge about Dragon Ball (Freaking real-world Earth?!), the awful art, and the whole Super Saiyan 9000 shit that is going on there, every Saiyan getting a tail for some reason, and everyone getting into steroids to protect the Earth once Goku left... They made Oob a fucking pedophile?! Jesus Christ, Pan is 21, and she has two kids older than 4 years old! :lolno:
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:14 pm

dragon ball absalon ep 2 preview:
http://youtu.be/Iz-6X8lumTk

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:47 pm

Gonstead wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:I notice that they plan to bring back Broli, Buu and have Xicor to appear. I hope that the later episodes will explain all of this nonsense.
.....Really? REALLY!?
Yep

http://mellavelli.deviantart.com/galler ... 9#/d5csqm4
http://mellavelli.deviantart.com/galler ... 9#/d5ctzzc
http://mellavelli.deviantart.com/galler ... 9#/d50fnvn

In the preview of Episode two, Gohan has a tail again. I really want to give this show a chance, but something tells me that this show is not going to explain or give us any backstory later on.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Sinestro
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sinestro » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:40 am

No way that thing will even get to $2,000.

If it does... well, I'm sure you guys will think of a suitable punishment for me. :D

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:51 am

Sinestro wrote:No way that thing will even get to $2,000.

If it does... well, I'm sure you guys will think of a suitable punishment for me. :D
I bet they will get double amount of money.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:12 am

goku1234 wrote:dragon ball absalon ep 2 preview:
http://youtu.be/Iz-6X8lumTk
As far as the animation goes, he really needs to work on his timing. It moves way too fast in some places, and becomes harder to read what's happening. Some Slow-Ins and Slow-Outs would improve this a ton.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:28 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:At least you can comprehend it, unlike GT which states that Goku and co. were abusing the dragonballs ever since the first wish.
Wait, what's wrong in the "GT logic" video you posted?

Sinestro
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sinestro » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:27 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Sinestro wrote:No way that thing will even get to $2,000.

I bet they will get double amount of money.
I'll take that bet. :)

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:33 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:At least you can comprehend it, unlike GT which states that Goku and co. were abusing the dragonballs ever since the first wish.
So, how is "them abusing the Dragonballs ever since the first wish" related to the video you posted...? It doesn't even make sense.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

worldmonsters
Patreon Supporter

Post by worldmonsters » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:36 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:
Gonstead wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:I notice that they plan to bring back Broli, Buu and have Xicor to appear. I hope that the later episodes will explain all of this nonsense.
.....Really? REALLY!?
Yep

http://mellavelli.deviantart.com/galler ... 9#/d5csqm4
http://mellavelli.deviantart.com/galler ... 9#/d5ctzzc
http://mellavelli.deviantart.com/galler ... 9#/d50fnvn

In the preview of Episode two, Gohan has a tail again. I really want to give this show a chance, but something tells me that this show is not going to explain or give us any backstory later on.
To be REALLY honest, the last picture actually has me interested as it's drawn pretty well and has an interesting concept. Even though it shouldn't be possible as Uub = Buu... right? :p

And I have to apologize to Raykugen, I didn't want to be mean or rude to you :p I get what you mean now :)

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:52 am

I admit that the author is very energetic, but to be honest, everything else seems absurd to me. Making an anime series? Asking for donations? Really? The western-looking characters bother me, too.

worldmonsters
Patreon Supporter

Post by worldmonsters » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:03 am

Omgosh, I just read on the donations page that this guy is from Arnhem in the Netherlands O__O;; I never thought the guy would be Dutch like me. I really don't know what to think of this :/

Also, if you donate 1000 dollars you get a DVD with two episodes and behind the scenes footage? :/ Come on... I'm working on a science fiction short of 40 minutes and if you donate 35 euro you get a bluray special edition :/ That's just wrong.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:56 am

kei17 wrote:I admit that the author is very energetic, but to be honest, everything else seems absurd to me. Making an anime series? Asking for donations? Really? The western-looking characters bother me, too.
Personally, I don't have a problem with people asking for donations to get their fan project going. However, I do have a problem with people asking for an absurd amount of money for a poorly made fan animation.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:51 am

Scarz wrote:
kei17 wrote:I admit that the author is very energetic, but to be honest, everything else seems absurd to me. Making an anime series? Asking for donations? Really? The western-looking characters bother me, too.
Personally, I don't have a problem with people asking for donations to get their fan project going. However, I do have a problem with people asking for an absurd amount of money for a poorly made fan animation.
Asking for donations for a fan project sounds bizarre to me because it's very unusual in Japan. Fans make their doujin stuff only with their own money from their real-life job and the sales of their previous doujin works, and asking for donations is considered disgraceful. They never do it to avoid any troubles with fans and the right holders. If you do it in the anime fandom in Japan, I can easily imagine you being hammered, labeled as a beggar, kicked out from the fandom itself, and warned by the right holders. "Use your own money unless it's original" is an unwritten rule there.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:00 pm

kei17 wrote:
Scarz wrote:
Asking for donations for a fan project sounds bizarre to me because it's very unusual in Japan. Fans make their doujin stuff only with their own money from their real-life job and the sales of their previous doujin works, and asking for donations is considered disgraceful. They never do it to avoid any troubles with fans and the right holders. If you do it in the anime fandom in Japan, I can easily imagine you being hammered, labeled as a beggar, kicked out from the fandom itself, and warned by the right holders. "Use your own money unless it's original" is an unwritten rule there.
It's not really unusual here (U.S.) for people to ask for donations for a fan projects. Heck we have websites like Kickstarter catering to people asking for donations to fund their own project and some even succeed. But to be fair most of the projects on Kickstater are original but every now and then a fan made film slips under the radar. When it comes to asking for donations, most of the time we don't see it as a form of begging. Some see it as "Hey, I have this grand idea that I want to share with everyone. But I don't really have the funds to do it alone. If you can chip in just a little bit, it can really help make my idea a reality."

Sinestro
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sinestro » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:17 pm

Asking for donations for a fan project rubs me the wrong way.

I suppose that's because I've seen plenty of fan films that didn't resort to that.

And of course, there's the dubious legalities involved. But I'll let people more educated than me in that subject comment on that.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:14 pm

[quote="worldmonsters"
To be REALLY honest, the last picture actually has me interested as it's drawn pretty well and has an interesting concept. Even though it shouldn't be possible as Uub = Buu... right? :p
[/quote]

I agree. I guess that they will have Ubb able to become Buu again by unlocking the inter evil that still exist inside of him.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:20 am

$1,000 for a DVD with 2 episodes? That's a little steep, isn't it? :?

I would have thought... like... $30 at the most.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:39 am

kei17 wrote:
Scarz wrote:
Well to my understanding this is fan made. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w337ij3wtXA If if they managed to make something like this with their own money then I guess the people working on Absalon need to step up their game.