Interesting or funny pictures thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Re: Interesting or funny pictures thread

Post by Hulk10 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:08 am

This one was drawn by a marvel comic book artist I think by the name of Gerald Parel. I like how Broly doesn't seem to have any Asiatic features. As it broadens the ethnicity of the cast.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:18 am

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:31 am

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:29 pm

"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:43 pm

Hulk10 wrote:
This one was drawn by a marvel comic book artist I think by the name of Gerald Parel. I like how Broly doesn't seem to have any Asiatic features. As it broadens the ethnicity of the cast.
Who do you think do have asiatic features in the cast?

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:14 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
Who do you think do have asiatic features in the cast?
Hmmm Chi Chi, Tien, Chiaotzu, Roshi, Krillin (maybe), Yamcha, Gohan, Ox King, Crane Hermit, Tao Pai Pai, Mai. There are a few others but these are the ones I could think of off the top of my head.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:52 pm

Hulk10 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Who do you think do have asiatic features in the cast?
Hmmm Chi Chi, Tien, Chiaotzu, Roshi, Krillin (maybe), Yamcha, Gohan, Ox King, Crane Hermit, Tao Pai Pai, Mai. There are a few others but these are the ones I could think of off the top of my head.
Not Freeza?
In any case since you don't seem to believe that is the case for Goku and Vegeta, I don't see how it broadens the ethnicity, when it's just another Saiyan who has the same type of eyes and nose as Vegeta and most U7 Saiyans. Maybe if he had facial features like the U6 eyes.

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:53 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:05 pm

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:10 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
Not Freeza?
In any case since you don't seem to believe that is the case for Goku and Vegeta, I don't see how it broadens the ethnicity, when it's just another Saiyan who has the same type of eyes and nose as Vegeta and most U7 Saiyans. Maybe if he had facial features like the U6 eyes.
I wasn't referring to Saiyan ethnicity

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:38 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
Not Freeza?
Well, base Vegeta, base Broly and bardock could pass for Okinawans with some of their designs.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:48 pm

zarmack wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:
I cannot view the picture.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:47 pm

zarmack wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:
Hulk10 wrote: Hmmm Chi Chi, Tien, Chiaotzu, Roshi, Krillin (maybe), Yamcha, Gohan, Ox King, Crane Hermit, Tao Pai Pai, Mai. There are a few others but these are the ones I could think of off the top of my head.
Not Freeza?
Well, base Vegeta, base Broly and bardock could pass for Okinawans with some of their designs.
I don't see it personally.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:51 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
Imagine being as pedantic a child as whoever made these. It takes a lack of self-awareness beyond that of mere shit fandoms to be as cringe-inducing as this. These people are SO FUCKING ANGRY that people like a TV show they don't that they regress back to shitty 9gag-facebook memes, like they're in middle school. Heck, the only proof they AREN'T 12 years old is that it's GT they're defending. I'm expecting them to pull a "lol gay" or "ur mama" joke next. This is one of the most masturbatory things I've ever seen and it is hilarious for all the wrong reasons.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:50 pm

If you're going to compare Super's quality to another DB series, why GT? Just...no. GT is garbage. Super isn't perfect, especially compared to Z, but GT was just boring. Even as a DB fan, thirsty for more Dragon Ball, I never bothered to finish GT.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:32 pm

That's not even the point. I mean, I don't like GT, but whether I do or don't like it has no bearing on the level of stupidity these shitty images bring to the table. Imagine your opinion of anything being so fragile that you have to constantly flex on and insult anyone who doesn't feel the same way while also circlejerking it in a big echo chamber full of people that will never challenge you. It's the fandom equivalent of constantly shouting about what a big cock you have. Do it for very long or very loud at all and everyone's just going to think you're compensating for something (which, you probably are).

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:08 am

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:21 am

"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:36 pm

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:40 am