Death Battle: Goku vs Superman 2

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJ3_Zack
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Death Battle: Goku vs Superman 2

Post by SSJ3_Zack » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:03 pm

This video makes both the DragonBall & Superman fanbase look so, so bad. So many bitter and petty arguments because of it. It's pathetic to be honest. ScrewAttack must enjoy it though since I guess they'll be making a fair bit of money from it. Why do people take this stuff seriously?

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:07 pm

SSJ3_Zack wrote:This video makes both the DragonBall & Superman fanbase look so, so bad. So many bitter and petty arguments because of it. It's pathetic to be honest. ScrewAttack must enjoy it though since I guess they'll be making a fair bit of money from it. Why do people take this stuff seriously?
Because anything on the internet means serious bussines.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:13 pm

SSJ3_Zack wrote:This video makes both the DragonBall & Superman fanbase look so, so bad. So many bitter and petty arguments because of it. It's pathetic to be honest. ScrewAttack must enjoy it though since I guess they'll be making a fair bit of money from it. Why do people take this stuff seriously?
To so see which characters beats up who. Regardless their reasoning and logic is laughable honestly i don't see why people takes them seriously either their word isn't law and you see better arguments on comicvine than screwattack of all people

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:22 pm

Just for fun, let's list all of the characters in his own setting (DC) that can beat Superman. To show that the "no limits/he always wins" thing is BS.

I'll start: Darkseid. The only reason Superman ever wins against him is due to plot. And even then he loses most of the time.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:28 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Just for fun, let's list all of the characters in his own setting (DC) that can beat Superman. To show that the "no limits/he always wins" thing is BS.

I'll start: Darkseid. The only reason Superman ever wins against him is due to plot. And even then he loses most of the time.
Black Adam
Captain Marvel
Martian Manhunter

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:28 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Just for fun, let's list all of the characters in his own setting (DC) that can beat Superman. To show that the "no limits/he always wins" thing is BS.

Spectre, all day err day.
Martian Manhunter, depending on how he's written and how resistant Supes is to telepathy that day.
Flash, sometimes.
There are plenty of others, but it's kinda missing the point. Regardless of whether Superman loses the fight, he'll still win in the end, because, well, he's Superman. That's what he does.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:30 pm

There's also Batman.

:shifty:

On-topic: I would have loved if this rematch was Injustice Superman vs Goku.

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:32 pm

Mewzard wrote:
singsing wrote:Nah, current N52 Superman would get wrecked by Yamcha. He's been losing his powers and got to the point where a normal bullet almost killed him.
Wasn't that because his new Super Flare move wipes out his powers for 24 hours? Saying Yamcha could beat Superman like that is like saying Yamcha could beat Goku by setting off a bomb on his spaceship when he was in space: It's true but it gives Yamcha no dignity.
No, he actually lost his powers for so long he got a new costume and couldn't do anything. I'm not sure if they're back yet, last I checked he was still weak as shit.
Last edited by singsing on Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:35 pm

To be fair. Batman wins far more than Superman does. At least Batman from 90's to the present day. But to be honest. Any character is strong as plot makes them. If DC made a new character called Goken-Man and he became popular. They'll book Goken-Man as the strongest with nono limit.

Superman being ONE of the top dogs in DC will never have a limit. It's why they shouldn't put him in battles unless the character is limitless too(Like Gurren Lagann or a different comic book character). I wanted Goku to fight a member of the Saint Seiya universe (Never seen it)

Injustice Superman has the yellow latern.

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:46 pm

singsing wrote:
Mewzard wrote:
singsing wrote:Nah, current N52 Superman would get wrecked by Yamcha. He's been losing his powers and got to the point where a normal bullet almost killed him.
Wasn't that because his new Super Flare move wipes out his powers for 24 hours? Saying Yamcha could beat Superman like that is like saying Yamcha could beat Goku by setting off a bomb on his spaceship when he was in space: It's true but it gives Yamcha no dignity.
No, he actually lost his powers for so long he got a new costume and couldn't do shit. I'm not sure if they're back yet, last I checked he was still weak as shit.
There's a government conspiracy using energy absorbing technology to delay the return of his powers

GokuRules987
Banned

Post by GokuRules987 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:08 am

Personally for me the King Kai scene felt out of the Goku's character?Goku always gets excited when he fights strong characters, since it's what gives him motivation to train and even Goku might have lost to the Superman I do not think that Goku would have given up so easily to not challenge him again. Although surpassing Superman might be somewhat boring since hes limitless . Goku would be more likely to devote his life to achieving limitless power himself somehow just so that he could fight him again. Remember Goku never backs down from a challenge!
My Intelligence level is over 9000!!!

Fulicer
Beyond Newbie

Post by Fulicer » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:13 am

One thing that was interesting was a mention about Superman and ki in the video. Too lazy right now to go look for the specific part of the video. I thought ki was irrelevant to Superman, i.e. it's not what makes him strong. Any Superman fans want to explain that? I'm not trying to make a direct comparison to Goku here but I'm just interested to know.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:15 am

Fulicer wrote:One thing that was interesting was a mention about Superman and ki in the video. Too lazy right now to go look for the specific part of the video. I thought ki was irrelevant to Superman, i.e. it's not what makes him strong. Any Superman fans want to explain that? I'm not trying to make a direct comparison to Goku here but I'm just interested to know.
Well he's not powered by ki, he's powered by solar energy (although he has a lot more total energy than exists within the sun, somehow...)
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:41 am

GokuRules987 wrote:Personally for me the King Kai scene felt out of the Goku's character?Goku always gets excited when he fights strong characters, since it's what gives him motivation to train and even Goku might have lost to the Superman I do not think that Goku would have given up so easily to not challenge him again. Although surpassing Superman might be somewhat boring since hes limitless . Goku would be more likely to devote his life to achieving limitless power himself somehow just so that he could fight him again. Remember Goku never backs down from a challenge!
That wasn't the point the scene was trying to make. The point was that Goku wouldn't like having "limitless power" himself, so he backed down.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:18 am

Just took a look at the video and have you seen how many dislikes it has?

It has about 60,000 likes and 24,000 dislikes. The like/dislike ratio has shrunk quite a bit since I last looked. I checked the original fight as well and that has a really small like/dislike ratio. You don't see that much with the other videos. I don't think it's just the passionate DBZ fans either because I see a lot of hate for the whole "Superman is limitless" argument too, even DC fans don't agree with that one at all.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:23 am

A lot of people don't even read Superman comics. They just base their opinions on the cartoons and movies. Naturally, the battles in those mediums are nowhere near as over-the-top as DBZ, nor do they do Superman justice, so they just assume Goku should win based on that comparison alone.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:53 pm

Hahaha so Superman won again? Yeah no surprise there, can't believe people thought Goku actually was gonna win this time.
Mewzard wrote:
Furthermore Superman also stated he is stronger then the average human even in this state.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:48 pm

Since I accepted Goku's loss in the first match, I still accepted his lose here again. Just because I'm a Dragon Ball fan that doesn't mean I'm a blind biased who refuses other opinions. Screw Attack's view of Superman is like how I've seen him over the years; A symbol of hope and justice who has no limits to his capabilities. What happens when you pit a man with limits against a man with no limit? Obviously the one with limits is the one who'll lose. Goku to me is the guy who can't stop at certain limit. He always works to surpass himself. What doesn't kill him will makes him stronger, but not the all powerful being.

And in the end, Death Battle is just for fun. I don't like it when people take these things way too seriously like it's a matter of honor.
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:52 pm

SHINOBI-03 wrote:Since I accepted Goku's loss in the first match, I still accepted his lose here again. Just because I'm a Dragon Ball fan that doesn't mean I'm a blind biased who refuses other opinions. Screw Attack's view of Superman is like how I've seen him over the years; A symbol of hope and justice who has no limits to his capabilities. What happens when you pit a man with limits against a man with no limit? Obviously the one with limits is the one who'll lose. Goku to me is the guy who can't stop at certain limit. He always works to surpass himself. What doesn't kill him will makes him stronger, but not the all powerful being.

And in the end, Death Battle is just for fun. I don't like it when people take these things way too seriously like it's a matter of honor.
As a fan of both Goku and Superman, i'm displeased by the second Death Battle. The "No Limits" thing is a great big hunk of BS that nixes any sort of Credibility the video could have. Superman's got the win based on the feats he shows. Give him the win based on that, and not the No Limits BS

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:54 pm

jcogginsa wrote:As a fan of both Goku and Superman, i'm displeased by the second Death Battle. The "No Limits" thing is a great big hunk of BS that nixes any sort of Credibility the video could have. Superman's got the win based on the feats he shows. Give him the win based on that, and not the No Limits BS
Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't Superman absorb as much solar power as he wants without any limits?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.