Dragon Ball Z: Movie -Unlicensed- Manga Collection

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeztin
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Z: Movie -Unlicensed- Manga Collection

Post by Xeztin » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:03 am

kei17 wrote:I've got some volumes of this release myself, but I stopped collecting them after realizing that they're just cheap tracing of the Japanese animanga. I think you should not call this "fan-manga" because it's clearly a bootleg. The same goes for so-called "Zeroverse." There's quite a difference between non-profit fan creations and illegal bootlegs.
As I believe I said above, and on the older threads, "Bootleg" raises a lot of flags, which is why I changed it from that to begin with.
Where I'm from, when someone say's bootleg they automatically think of a Movie Burnt to a DVD.
if they were photocopy's I would not have even uploaded them though, but they are hand-Inked and though they are traced, I do not believe they are Traced line for line, as I have noticed some differences between the official and these when comparing them. Obviously, the ani-manga's were highly referenced and even traced to a certain extent, but in my opinion not all of it was done this way, in some panels either it was bad tracing, or the artist put their own "spin" on them.

As far as "Zeroverse" goes it's being translated and cleaned by our friend M4rb and being hosted on The Dao of Dragonball
He's taking time out of his day to clean these, and is paying money out of his own pocket to have them translated to English,
So everyone please show him support for his hardwork by checking it out! :D
http://thedaoofdragonball.com/manga/
Last edited by Xeztin on Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

kei17
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Z: Movie Fan-Manga Collection

Post by kei17 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:36 am

Xeztin wrote:As I believe I said above, and on the older threads, "Bootleg" raises a lot of flags, which is why I changed it from that to begin with.
Where I'm from, when someone say's bootleg they automatically think of a Movie Burnt to a DVD.
Then I suggest using the word "unlicensed" instead of bootleg. "Fan-manga" is obviously inappropriate for something commonly distributed as a profit-making business.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:20 pm

kei17 wrote:
Xeztin wrote:As I believe I said above, and on the older threads, "Bootleg" raises a lot of flags, which is why I changed it from that to begin with.
Then I suggest using the word "unlicensed" instead of bootleg. "Fan-manga" is obviously inappropriate for something commonly distributed as a profit-making business.
Since the manga and ani-manga are not "Exact" copies, then in my opinion it doesn't fall under the Bootleg category.
Fan-Manga can be sold too right?

To be honest you could call it a Bootleg or Fan-manga and either way you wouldn't be wrong, because it was traced from an official, but then again it isn't an exact copy.
It's sort of a grey area, but this is subjective, as it is again in my opinion.
Last edited by Xeztin on Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

kei17
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Z: Movie Fan-Manga Collection

Post by kei17 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:38 am

Xeztin wrote:Since the manga and ani-manga are not "Exact" copies, then in my opinion it doesn't fall under the Bootleg category.
Regardless of not being exact copies, something sold for profit without permission of the right holder is a bootleg. Your personal opinion has nothing to do with this definition.
Xeztin wrote:Fan-Manga can be sold too right?
Yes, but not in normal boook stores. It's a gray area because you use copyrighted materials without permission. You can still be sued by the right holders even if you sell them only at cons. It's just that most of them are being overlooked because they don't harm the right holders' sales. But straight copies DO.
To be honest you could call it a Bootleg or Fan-manga and either way you wouldn't be wrong
Something mass-produced and widely distributed solely for money cannot be considered as a fan-creation, especially when the distributor has malicious intent.

I understand why you'd like to avoid the word "bootleg" though. Sharing "bootlegs" here sounds awfully wrong considering the cummunity rules. As I suggested, you should use the word "unlicensed" instead. It wouldn't be practically wrong and can avoid negative connotations at the same time.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Z: Movie -Unlicensed- Collection

Post by Xeztin » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:36 am

kei17 wrote:
Xeztin wrote:Since the manga and ani-manga are not "Exact" copies, then in my opinion it doesn't fall under the Bootleg category.
Regardless of not being exact copies, something sold for profit without permission of the right holder is a bootleg. Your personal opinion has nothing to do with this definition.
Xeztin wrote:Fan-Manga can be sold too right?
Yes, but not in normal boook stores. It's a gray area because you use copyrighted materials without permission. You can still be sued by the right holders even if you sell them only at cons. It's just that most of them are being overlooked because they don't harm the right holders' sales. But straight copies DO.
To be honest you could call it a Bootleg or Fan-manga and either way you wouldn't be wrong
Something mass-produced and widely distributed solely for money cannot be considered as a fan-creation, especially when the distributor has malicious intent.

I understand why you'd like to avoid the word "bootleg" though. Sharing "bootlegs" here sounds awfully wrong considering the cummunity rules. As I suggested, you should use the word "unlicensed" instead. It wouldn't be practically wrong and can avoid negative connotations at the same time.
Valid points,my apologies, it is changed :thumbup: Also do you perhaps have the original DB movie mangas?

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:09 am

Special 1

History of Trunks

One more to go then the DBZ collection is complete!

UPDATE: Page 29 is missing, and unless someone find's the exact frame in the movie and traces it, it's most likely lost forever.

https://nwoscans.wordpress.com/

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:14 am

Bardock - The Father of Goku

This is not the last one as previously thought, there is one more left.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:10 pm

This is the last one my friends, I hope you enjoyed the ride, also please let me know if you like the manga grouped on the download's page, or would you rather have them as single individuals like before?

Path To Power

This Thread is now finished as far as me adding download's go, though feel free to continue conversations on this thread.
It'd be appreciated if someone could follow M4rb's tutorial, and clean these scans, and add English text from the movie's themselves panel by panel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPNVr_akNiU

Thank you all for the support, :)