Random Otakon Video Progress Thoughts

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Random Otakon Video Progress Thoughts

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Mar 23, 2004 3:27 pm

Timeline's full. Sent out to some people for beta testing. I'm not quite sure how I feel about it; I think the concept is utterly cute and fantastic, but some of the timing and content is just turning me off. Hopefully cleaning that up will bring it back full circle to loving it, again. Probably have a shitload of Photoshop work ahead of myself to make one section significantly better.

I severely doubt it's going to actually make it into the final Otakon contest, but I didn't make it for that purpose, anyway, so no biggie. You can probably expect it a month or so before Otakon, then (well, whenever they release the final list).

Not that this has anything to do with anything. Blah. Doo-be-do-doo-dooo~.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Jakez04
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jakez04 » Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:23 pm

Hey EX where is my timeline beta?
Da Name is Jakez -ROC Baby!
[url=http://www.geocities.com/dragonfistgt]DragonFistGT![/url]

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:35 pm

I'm sure you didn't get any such thing...

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:46 pm

I think he's trying to take advantage of EX's busy schedule. I'm sure EX has so much to do with the site, his AMV, and school that Jakez is hoping he'll fool him into thinking he really was supposed to send him one and just forgot with everything to do. :wink: Shame on you Jakez! :x :P

Master Chief

Post by Master Chief » Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:12 pm

Well if we, the law abiding, loving members of EX's forum can't be beta testers then who can? Surely we, his greatest fans, experienced amv makers should get a say in his videos.....

...somewhere along the way to the top you forgot the people that really matter EX, the fans...for shame.

...pm the beta 8)

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:06 am

Hah.

I randomly decided to start working on the video again tonight. I've been halfway inspired to work on mine after watching Meri do some of her own video, today. The Otakon deadline is May 9th, so it certainly didn't hurt to do some work on it tonight.

Randomly (yes, I like the word)... I found yet another "perfect" scene for the video. With just the right amount of actions for a specific section of the song. To synch up perfectly.

I laughed, I cried, I edited.

Loving it, again.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:19 am

Hm...so how does one get to be a beta tester for this video? *hint hint*

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:22 am

There's nothing exported to even beta, right now :P

Once the Otakon deadline's passed (and thus the video's completely done), I might give it out to a few of the board posters who want it. It's not officially going up until after the convention (especially if it makes it in the final contest cut), but whatever. :D

To end any doubt... yes, it's a DBZ video. No, it's not a drama video.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:15 pm

I want the video, but I don't really want it from IRC, so I think I can wait. I assume that's how you'd be handing it out?

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:02 pm

By the by, Otakon's deadline is May 8, not the 9th (the 9th is a Sunday).

I think we should both be done by then, though.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Wed May 05, 2004 10:43 pm

... video's done ^_~.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Wed May 05, 2004 10:49 pm

As first to reply in this thread, I demand you let me see it. 8)

Master_Roshi

Post by Master_Roshi » Wed May 05, 2004 11:07 pm

yea, I'd love to see it. :shock: How would we be able to see it ? Is it gonna be on amv.org?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Wed May 05, 2004 11:14 pm

It'll actually be released August 1st, probably. Yeah, that's a ways off. I know. Imagine what it's like to have a video made and need to sit on it for so long until the contest :P. Actually, last year, we had Obligatory EVA Trailer done in March, which we made for Otakon... aiyaaa...

Anyway...

I'm actually encoding the internet distro version as we speak (or rather, as I type). I may send it out to some people at some point, but definitely not tonight.