Revised thread| DB Dimensions - Looking for Illustrators

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Revised thread| DB Dimensions - Looking for Illustrators

Post by Captain Strawberry » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:07 am

I hope making a new thread is permissible because I wanted to start off fresh as I realized the errors of my thread (hopefully.)

My thanks to Tzigi. Excuse the long post if you will though I used spoiler tags so its less cluttered. :D

What is the project I am making?
How closely does it follow GT?
It borrows lore from DB Super and adds new lore. Before, I explain what the story is, just know there is some background I have to give first.

The reason it is called Dragon Ball Dimensions is because in a Universe, there is over 70 dimensions and 40 of those dimensions are half the size of the Universe; but these dimensions are also known as 'Heavenly world' as a Universe itself is a dimension but it is not a 'Heavenly world'.

So what is the story?
Will other characters get to shine like Krillin?
Before I give categories (basically what I want).
So the categories is:
  • You DON'T HAVE to be the best drawer: just decent, satisfactory, adequate or well

Looks like the style of Dragon ball, the art doesn't have to be the best but as long as it looks like Dragon ball

I'm looking for the final product of the illustration to be pen/ink rather than pencil

Be able to reference my own work and what I mean is when you look at my character designs for example than have it be able to imitate that but looks better so the original concept is still heavily there
I hope this thread was a ton better.

Now I really am willing to let you read what I have thus far to make your judgement, be it a chapter, a description of for example Goku's new form or even a drawing of it.

And I'm aware of the grammar mistakes I've made here. Don't call me out grammar police. :D
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Re: Revised thread| DB Dimensions - Looking for Illustrators

Post by Captain Strawberry » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:22 am

Come guys! The art doesn't have to be super amazing. It just needs to be decent in ink. :thumbup:
Kuro Tenshi

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:26 am

Am I missing something? Should I give some examples of my work to get you guys intrigued?
Kuro Tenshi

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:46 am

Maybe there aren't any artists available? Hate to you see struggling, but I can't exactly draw myself.

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:48 am

Nejishiki wrote:Maybe there aren't any artists available? Hate to you see struggling, but I can't exactly draw myself.
Thanks but I guess they're probably just in their shells. Just need to wait it out...
Kuro Tenshi

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:44 pm

Maybe I should have this be an ongoing thread whilst doing the illustrations myself for the time being so when people see Chapter 1, maybe I'll get some volunteers after seeing it...
Kuro Tenshi

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:08 pm

It could be any combination of things from people not liking your ideas to something as basic as they haven't gotten around to reading your thread. There's no need to bump your thread or ask additional questions. If someone's interested, they'll respond. If not, they won't.

Asking someone that you have no prior business/professional relationship to illustrate your work... doesn't really sound like a solid plan for either side, though. There's not really anything in it for them.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:25 pm

VegettoEX wrote:It could be any combination of things from people not liking your ideas to something as basic as they haven't gotten around to reading your thread. There's no need to bump your thread or ask additional questions. If someone's interested, they'll respond. If not, they won't.

Asking someone that you have no prior business/professional relationship to illustrate your work... doesn't really sound like a solid plan for either side, though. There's not really anything in it for them.
Oh ok. It's best you delete the other threads than. I don't want to clutter the forum :thumbup:

Thanks for your post
Kuro Tenshi

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:37 pm

No,no,no your ideas sound pretty good. Give it time. I'm sure someone will come dude :thumbup:
Last edited by Bansho64 on Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:02 pm

Bansho64 wrote:No,no,no your ideas sound pretty good. Give I time. I'm sure someone will come dude :thumbup:
Thanks but you haven't even read the first chapter so how would you know if its 'pretty good' xD
Kuro Tenshi

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:06 pm

Captain Strawberry wrote:
Bansho64 wrote:No,no,no your ideas sound pretty good. Give I time. I'm sure someone will come dude :thumbup:
Thanks but you haven't even read the first chapter so how would you know if its 'pretty good' xD
I like the idea of the humans returning. Seeing the others return is a good idea from what I read in ya first post.

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:10 pm

Bansho64 wrote: I like the idea of the humans returning. Seeing the others return is a good idea from what I read in ya first post.
I really appreciate the encouragement, it makes me want to release the first chapter now. I think they might come if I release the first chapter with the first batch of illustrations done by me :thumbup:
Kuro Tenshi

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:01 pm

You asked me if I can draw. But the actual question should be if I can draw in your eyes.

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?fi ... 341780.jpg
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Tzigi
Regular

Post by Tzigi » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:09 am

I have read through your post, it's much clearer now. And I see that it's something I wouldn't enjoy taking part in at all. The story seems actually worse than GT and vaguely-AF-like. If anything, it's something I'd avoid. Just thought you'd appreciate actual feedback.

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:24 am

Tzigi wrote:I have read through your post, it's much clearer now. And I see that it's something I wouldn't enjoy taking part in at all. The story seems actually worse than GT and vaguely-AF-like. If anything, it's something I'd avoid. Just thought you'd appreciate actual feedback.
That's actually good enough for me :thumbup:
Cetra wrote:You asked me if I can draw. But the actual question should be if I can draw in your eyes.

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?fi ... 341780.jpg
I should send both of you the first two chapters before making your own judgement because it's hard to describe the story
Kuro Tenshi