Fanfiction - "Dragon Ball Universe"

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Fanfiction - "Dragon Ball Universe"

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:54 pm

Logo edited from Dragon Ball Z and Sonic Universe logos.

This iteration of the fanfic is to be replaced with a revamped version at a currently undetermined time.
Until then:

Welcome to Dragon Ball Universe, a story where the events you know in Dragon Ball have played out completely differently.
Everything you think you know is wrong.

Begin reading with the introduction here.

Latest: Part 15
Last edited by Anime Kitten on Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:23 pm, edited 22 times in total.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Dragon Ball Universe #1 (01 July 2016)

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:59 pm

[spoiler]Brackets [] indicate character intro.

Dr. Gero Arc: "Assault"

[Goku, the hero of Earth born as a Saiyan on Planet Vegeta. Z-Fighter.]
[Gohan, the son of Goku born and raised on Earth. Z-Fighter.]
[Piccolo, the second mentor of Gohan, born on Planet Namek. Z-Fighter.]

In seemingly the middle of nowhere, a small army of little bug-like creatures appear and begin attacking the Z-Fighters. Goku starts making guesses as to who these things are. "They've gotta be mutated flies. Or maybe wasps. Or... beetles?"
Annoyed, Piccolo tries to stay on the subject. "Why don't we just focus on beating them, and you can figure out what they are later, when I'm not here?"
"Fine, fine," Goku replied disappointed. "But who sent them here?"
"More like who is sending them here," said Gohan. "Every time we get rid of one, they come right back within ten seconds!"
"I can fix that problem," Piccolo said through a smirk. He then began charging ki, and shortly after released a massive explosion-like burst of energy, blowing everything and everyone around him away. "Before you ask, I might consider teaching you that sometime."

Out of nowhere, a voice started talking. A rather high voice at that. "That'd be almost as good as leaving some action for me every once in a while!" The voice was none other than Pan. "It'd be something really nice to do."
[Pan, daughter of Vegeta, born and rasied on Earth. Z-Fighter.]
"Sorry, Pan, but you just gotta get here sooner!" Gohan sheepishly admitted, almost as an excuse. Pan replied, "Well, excuuuse me, but I haven't mastered flying." Goku then put his hand on Pan's shoulder to encourage her. "We can carry you next time if you want. How's that sound?"

Suddenly another voice intruded in. "So sad. Is the poor little Saiyan feeling left out? Don't you worry. I will put you out of your misery right now!" As the voice was speaking, a figure walked out to reveal itself as Dr. Gero, who had finally come out of hiding.
Goku cautiously walked towards Gero. "May I ask who you are?"
The doctor immediately fired a Ki blast at Goku, who deflected it away. "It would be pointless to tell you as you are about to die."
Gohan then asked, "What do you want with us? What did we do to y-- Oh, never mind. It's those weird bug things, isn't it?"
"OF COURSE IT'S THOSE WEIRD BUG THINGS!" the doctor yelled. "Those are my creations, the Cell Army: composed of thousands of Cells, they will be unstoppable under the proper leadership in the field. And I obviously can't have you getting in the way of my plans."
Dr. Gero proceeded to charge and fire several giant blasts of Ki at the Z-Fighters, while keeping a crazed, maniacal look on his face. "MUAHAHA! NOW do you see?! NOW do you feel my TRUE POWER?! This is the limit!! BEYOND THE LIMIT! I AM THE STRONGEST IN THE UNIVERSE!!"

He ceased fire, and after the smoke cleared, Gero found a green hand grabbing his shoulder. "So..." Piccolo said, as he seemingly appeared from nowhere. "That all you got?" The other three Z-Fighters also flew down from above. "You're not very nice, are you?" said Pan.
Gero's eyes could see, but his mind could not comprehend. He then turned around and stormed off into the distance. "Fine. I will add these calculations to the database and continue my ultimate project," he said.
Piccolo stared curiously at Dr. Gero, and couldn't help but ask. "What might that 'ultimate project' be?"
Gero continued to walk away. However, he stopped briefly to reply, "Let's just say the Cell Army is imperfect." After saying this, he disappeared in a flash of light along with the defeated Cells.
Goku looked at the ground while thinking. "What do you think he meant?" he said. Piccolo replied, "Bah, who knows? We'll just wait him out." "I suppose. In that case, let's go train!"
Gohan's stomach growled. "Can we get some dinner first? I'm starving..." he said.

The first encounter with Dr. Gero proved to be fateful, and there is much more yet to come. Will the evil scientist's ultimate plan be enough to defeat the Z-Fighters? Only time will tell. Meanwhile, the evil tyrant Frieza has set his sights on the Planet Earth, and his army with him. What will the outcome be of these upcoming dangers? Come back next time for Dragon Ball Universe #2 to find out![/spoiler]

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Universe "Official" Thread

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:58 pm

Do you have a fanfiction account?
I believe it'll be easier to access and view updates via there instead of here.
Just a general observation for everyone posting their stories

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Universe "Official" Thread

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:25 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:Do you have a fanfiction account?
I believe it'll be easier to access and view updates via there instead of here.
Just a general observation for everyone posting their stories
I don't, but I'd prefer posting it here so I can get feedback easier.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Dragon Ball Universe #2 (08 July 2016)

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:26 pm

Forgot to publish this yesterday. Sorry about that (for those who care :lol:).
[spoiler]Dr. Gero Arc: "Strength of a Prince"

[Dr. Gero, evil scientist, creator of the Cell Army. Unaffiliated.]

The mysterious doctor dragged back into his hidden lab, bringing many of his defeated Cells along with him.
"(How could this be?)" he thought to himself. "(My Army, defeated by a few mere Earthlings and a Namek! They will surely pay when I return...)"
Little did Gero know, the Z-Fighters are far from mere Earthlings.

Elsewhere, in a desert in the middle of nowhere, two strange alien soldiers scout the territory.
"How long do we have to do this, again?" one of them moaned.
"Until Lord Frieza has enough information!" the other yelled. "Keep your voice down, you know he can hear us!"
As fate would have it, Frieza did hear them. "Cease your insistent bickering before I make you."
Both soldiers yelped, "YES LORD FRIEZA! WHATEVER YOUR COMMAND LORD FRIEZA!"
Frieza simply chuckled from his space pod.

A few minutes of exploration later, someone appeared in front of the two soldiers.
"Eh?" said the first soldier as he examined the shadow. "Who are you? I thought there were no ki readings here!"
The figure suddenly shot a beam through the first soldier. "Think again," it said.
The second soldier could do nothing but whimper and shake. His comrade had been killed in one blast! Who could have that much power, or even those kinds of powers?!
"Wh-who are you?!..." he said, taking a few steps back.
The cloud over the sun moved, and the shadow cleared, revealing the figure as none other than Vegeta!
[Vegeta, rogue Saiyan elite, father of Pan. Unaffiliated]

"Tell me something before I kill you." Vegeta said.
"Kill me?... Oh, that won't be happening over here!" the soldier said confidently. He then proceeded to charge towards Vegeta and launch a burst of ki to his torso. "HAHA, HA HA, HAAAA! Take that, you nosy, spiky-haired..." His speech began to wear down as the smoke cleared. "...dumb, annoying... Earthling?"
Vegeta, unscathed, glared at him. "That's Prince Vegeta to you, scum."
Suddenly a massive explosion enveloped the landscape. The only one in one piece was Vegeta.

In Frieza's pod drifting in space, a soldier reported in.
"Lord Frieza, I regret to inform you that our two scouts on Planet 4032-877 have been terminated."
Frieza didn't open his eyes and simply asked, "By who?"
"We're not certain, but it may be the missing Saiyan King."
Now Frieza's eyes opened. This caught his interest. "I must know more," he said.

Back on Earth, in Goku's house, him and Gohan ate ravenously. Gohan's kid brother Goten was standing by. "I'm glad you guys don't eat like this all the time. That would be seriously annoying..."
"So?" Goku said, stuffing his face. "You and your mom make the best food! If you want us to eat normally, stop making such amazing stuff!"
Gohan just gave a thumbs-up. "Speaking of which," he said, "where is Mom?
"Oh," Goten replied, "she's out getting food for Pan. She says Vegeta is a bum and needs to get a job to take care of his daughter."
"Harsh," said Goku.
"Yeah, well... I'm just glad you guys are back home! I'm still wondering about what those Cell things are, and where they came from."
After eating all the food off his plates, Gohan said, "We'll have to try finding that Dr. Gero guy and see if he knows more. He mentioned an 'ultimate creation' of some sort.
Goku finished eating as well, and got ready to head out. "I don't see why we don't start looking now. Eating is important, but let's face it. There are other things that need more attention." He walked out the door, grabbing a cupcake on the way.
Gohan and Goten just stared.
"What? Dessert!"

Vegeta has appeared on the scene, and a group of the Z-Fighters heads out to find Dr. Gero! What will these new developments mean for the future? Will the Z-Fighters meet with Vegeta? When will Frieza arrive on Earth, and will the heroes be prepared? Come back next time for Dragon Ball Universe #3![/spoiler]
MyAnimeList | AniList

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Dragon Ball Universe #3 (15 July 2016)

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:08 pm

[spoiler]Dr. Gero Arc: "Four-Way Search"

Deep in the forest, Goku, Gohan, and Goten of the Son family search for any signs of Dr. Gero's laboratory, hidden far within the earth.
"Doesn't look like there's much here at all," said Gohan. "Mostly just trees and plants."
"Yeah," Goten replied, "It's not like he'd try to hide his base in an industrial place, right?"
Goku thought for a moment. "... Yes, actually, maybe he would!"
The idea surprised his sons. "So... which city?" Gohan asked.
Goku immediately jumped into the air and started flying. "Well, North City of course! That's the most densely populated, so no one would ever think to hide something there."
Gohan and Goten followed, not entirely convinced.
"Just follow my lead!" said Goku.

As the three head to the city, Pan finds a strange piece of something in the street.
"(Looks like part of armor or something...)" she thought to herself. "(I'll have to find the source.)"
So she started walking around East City, searching...
...and searching...
...and searching...
...and searching.
After about half an hour of searching through the entire city, she found nothing. Until she remembered the one place she didn't check.
"Of course!" she exclaimed. "How didn't I think of there?"
She rushed off to whatever that place is... we'll get to that soon.

Elsewhere, in Dr. Gero's lab, he continues to work on his "ultimate creation" restlessly.
"I will finish Project Perfection, and I will destroy this planet for what they did to me..."
Suddenly his computer started beeping.
"Alert! Alert!" it shouted. "Missing material needed for interior component."
Gero looked at the computer. "Missing?... What would that be?"
The computer started calculating. "A small sample of a Saiyan."
"And where can I find one of those?" Gero said sarcastically. "They were all--"
"Directly above location," the computer interrupted.
Gero thought for a second and activated his search system. "Who, and how do they know about my base?!"
The scanner showed the Saiyan to be none other than Pan.
"She's a Saiyan?! One of those supposed 'heroes of Earth'? Does that mean they're all Saiyans?"
"No need to be so presumptuous, Doctor," said the computer. "We needn't worry if she's a Saiyan; she most likely doesn't even know."
Gero rushed out of the lab. "Look at you, using contractions. I'm going to follow her and get that sample, whatever it takes."
From there, Gero left the lab on lock-down and started following Pan stealthily.

Out in the ocean, Vegeta curiously searched for something...
"(If I don't find those Dragon Balls before the Z-Flamers or whatever they're called do, I'll surely fall behind. I must wish for immense, maybe even unlimited strength from the so-called Eternal Dragon, and then I will be unstoppable!)"
Vegeta hopped from island to island, isthmus to isthmus trying to find even just one Dragon Ball.

Finally, in Frieza's space pod, he pondered deeply something he had heard earlier that day.
"And what about that legend?" Frieza's brother Cooler said in a flashback.
Their father King Cold replied, "The Superb... Saikan...? Something like that?"
"Super Saiyan," said Cooler. "Forget it, probably just a myth."
Back in present time, Frieza thought to himself, "(Super Saiyan... what could that be? Could the apparent Saiyans on Earth know?)"

And so, the Four-Way Search began. The outcomes will be determined soon, so stay tuned (if that makes sense here) for Dragon Ball Universe #4![/spoiler]
For those of you who read this, I would greatly appreciate your thoughts and feedback! :P
MyAnimeList | AniList

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Universe" Official Fanfic Thread

Post by Alee9977 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:05 am

Interesting what you are doing with this, I like it, but maybe you should make some things in the story more misterious, you shouldn't just reveal a character the second he appears and things like that, add more suspense :D . I'm looking forward for the next episode. I like these kind of fanfics, I was thinking on making my own but I'm not sure.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:52 am

Alee9977 wrote:Interesting what you are doing with this, I like it, but maybe you should make some things in the story more misterious, you shouldn't just reveal a character the second he appears and things like that, add more suspense :D . I'm looking forward for the next episode. I like these kind of fanfics, I was thinking on making my own but I'm not sure.
Thanks much for the feedback! The first two chapters sort of introduce everyone and what exactly the fic is dealing with, and the third will have a lot more suspense and little things here and there to remember that get built on later. At least, that's what I'm planning on.

You should definitely look into making one. It's a lot of fun and a great way to let out your ideas over time.

EDIT: Each episode is now being hosted in the opening post. #4 has been added!
MyAnimeList | AniList

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:23 pm

Nice story, Anime Kitten.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:24 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:Nice story, Anime Kitten.
Thank you! I'm debating whether to release the comic version on Kanzenshuu once I make it. :think:
MyAnimeList | AniList

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:34 pm

Your welcome, Anime Kitten. I also would like that too.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:24 pm

#5 added to the opening post.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:58 pm

#6 added to the opening post.

There's a lot of views on this thread, I've noticed. So... whoever's reading it, please let me know what you think!
MyAnimeList | AniList

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:54 pm

#7 added to the opening post, a day late and a dollar short.

So... anyone gonna share their thoughts? :(
MyAnimeList | AniList

SSJFutureTrunks
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJFutureTrunks » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:57 am

I'm really liking the idea, but I feel like Goku seemed a bit OP against Perfect Cell. I like the direction the story is taking. Please tell me the Ginyu Force will make an appearance?

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:25 pm

SSJFutureTrunks wrote:I'm really liking the idea, but I feel like Goku seemed a bit OP against Perfect Cell. I like the direction the story is taking. Please tell me the Ginyu Force will make an appearance?
Goku was already massively powerful, and he never stops training. Perfect Cell learned he wasn't quite perfect enough... :wink:

Currently I have plans for Ginyu, but I'm unsure about the others. Maybe I'll work them in. Thanks for the feedback!
MyAnimeList | AniList

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:08 pm

#8 added to the opening post.

*chanting* Feedback, feedback, feedback~
MyAnimeList | AniList

SSJFutureTrunks
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJFutureTrunks » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:39 pm

Well, Gonan just got his ass royally kicked. Felt some serious ROF vibes in this chapter. I feel like he didn't have enough time to show his full power, since we all know what Gohan is really capable of. I still have my fingers crossed for a Ginyu Force fight!

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:23 pm

#9 added to the opening post.

Would be pretty cool to get a couple people on the thread. Obviously a lot of people are reading it.
MyAnimeList | AniList

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:47 pm

SSJFutureTrunks wrote:Well, Gonan just got his ass royally kicked. Felt some serious ROF vibes in this chapter. I feel like he didn't have enough time to show his full power, since we all know what Gohan is really capable of. I still have my fingers crossed for a Ginyu Force fight!
Goddammit Anime Kitten, I trusted you :lol: Good stuff though.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.