[WIP] Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
IHaveNoUserName
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:31 pm

[WIP] Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival

Post by IHaveNoUserName » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:20 pm

Hello people of kanzenshuu, I present you Dragon Ball Kai The Final Chapters Kikuchi revival

Although I think I did an okay job with episodes I have made, there is always room for improvement for my music revival so if there is anything that I can improve on, please tell me so I can make improvements on future episodes and
also fix episodes I have messed up on.

1-98 Episodes here: https://mega.nz/#F!lg4TTBIR!xRSnxM3zu9y988jqCHKQdg
Episodes With Dragon Soul For Updated Episodes: https://mega.nz/#F!ZtQ3UDTR!8cn_fqC4lsYaThblCo649w
Episodes With Cha La Head Cha La : https://mega.nz/#F!Ms4kiarI!OCJVgPhlxIMELvHpZ5TzvQ
Dragon Ball Z Kai The Final Chapters https://mega.nz/#F!BtZQETZI!8QinzqtUZLVuAEZtBXuF1w
The first link will have Dragon Soul so I filled the other portions in the Dragon Soul link, I will be updating all the episodes to have Cha La Head Cha La in the Cha La link

NOTE: These are only the audio files, you need to have the episodes with the video files to mux them together, to mux them together you need mkv mergehttp://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/,

How to mux/mix the audio files together https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZTu4NRPpo8

Thanks to Diccolo-420 (Super Satan God) for restoring lost SFX on the Dbz Kai Episodes
Thanks to kei17 for ripping unreleased tracks for the DBZ movies
Another thanks to TheZestanor for ripping unreleased tracks for Dragon Ball

Update: Episodes 99-107 can now be downloaded as of 6/18/18



If you want to check out some of the work I have done, I have clips you can watch https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCud_Qw ... UxtYgOJ-LA
Last edited by IHaveNoUserName on Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:59 pm, edited 61 times in total.
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCud_Qw ... UxtYgOJ-LA
Currently making Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41090

User avatar
Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 211
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:34 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Kai The Final Chapters Kikuchi Revival

Post by Diccolo-420 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:53 pm

Oh boy looks like you beat kbabz to the punch!

Kidding, this is something that has definitely needed to be done for a while, kudos to you for taking it on. I'll be keeping an eye on this project.

User avatar
IHaveNoUserName
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:31 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Kai The Final Chapters Kikuchi Revival

Post by IHaveNoUserName » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:55 pm

Diccolo-420 wrote:Oh boy looks like you beat kbabz to the punch!

Kidding, this is something that has definitely needed to be done for a while, kudos to you for taking it on. I'll be keeping an eye on this project.
Yeah I've completed up to episode 110 but I did notice that I do have to fix some episodes due to louder music and cutting music too early I will release 2 episodes tomorrow though so keep an eye on this
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCud_Qw ... UxtYgOJ-LA
Currently making Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41090

User avatar
KBABZ
I Live Here
Posts: 2949
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: The tallest tower in West City

Re: Dragon Ball Kai The Final Chapters Kikuchi Revival

Post by KBABZ » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:09 pm

Hey awesome! Since I'm an OG Funi dub fan, I've always wanted Nadolny to be re-inserted for any Kid Goku clips. If you wanna tackle that, I can grab her appropriate clips from the episodes. As far as I'm aware there are three points where Clinkenbeard plays Kid Goku with actual dialogue:

= Dr. Gero explaining where he recorded Goku's data (shows scenes from the 22nd TB finals and fight with King Piccolo)
= Characters reminiscing about Goku's odd behaviour after defeating Cell (shows Goku bursting into Kame House looking for his Power Pole)
= TFC scene where the Announcer recognizes Goten looking like Kid Goku (flashes back to the 21st TB finals)

User avatar
IHaveNoUserName
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:31 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Kai The Final Chapters Kikuchi Revival

Post by IHaveNoUserName » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:31 pm

KBABZ wrote:Hey awesome! Since I'm an OG Funi dub fan, I've always wanted Nadolny to be re-inserted for any Kid Goku clips. If you wanna tackle that, I can grab her appropriate clips from the episodes. As far as I'm aware there are three points where Clinkenbeard plays Kid Goku with actual dialogue:

= Dr. Gero explaining where he recorded Goku's data (shows scenes from the 22nd TB finals and fight with King Piccolo)
= Characters reminiscing about Goku's odd behaviour after defeating Cell (shows Goku bursting into Kame House looking for his Power Pole)
= TFC scene where the Announcer recognizes Goten looking like Kid Goku (flashes back to the 21st TB finals)
I might give a shot where the announcer recognizing goten looking like Kid Goku as I do prefer Nadolny for kid goku but not gohan
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCud_Qw ... UxtYgOJ-LA
Currently making Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41090

User avatar
KBABZ
I Live Here
Posts: 2949
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: The tallest tower in West City

Re: Dragon Ball Kai The Final Chapters Kikuchi Revival

Post by KBABZ » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:54 pm

IHaveNoUserName wrote:I might give a shot where the announcer recognizing goten looking like Kid Goku as I do prefer Nadolny for kid goku but not gohan
Same here! Clinkenbeard does a fantastic Gohan, and 18, but hearing her come out of Kid Goku is just... strange, as it is to hear Nadolny come out of Gohan's mouth!

User avatar
Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 211
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:34 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Kai The Final Chapters Kikuchi Revival

Post by Diccolo-420 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:28 pm

KBABZ wrote:
IHaveNoUserName wrote:I might give a shot where the announcer recognizing goten looking like Kid Goku as I do prefer Nadolny for kid goku but not gohan
Same here! Clinkenbeard does a fantastic Gohan, and 18, but hearing her come out of Kid Goku is just... strange, as it is to hear Nadolny come out of Gohan's mouth!
I'd like to do the same for my faulconer project eventually, cause kid goku is Nadolny in my head

User avatar
KBABZ
I Live Here
Posts: 2949
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: The tallest tower in West City

Re: Dragon Ball Kai The Final Chapters Kikuchi Revival

Post by KBABZ » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:42 pm

Diccolo-420 wrote:
KBABZ wrote:
IHaveNoUserName wrote:I might give a shot where the announcer recognizing goten looking like Kid Goku as I do prefer Nadolny for kid goku but not gohan
Same here! Clinkenbeard does a fantastic Gohan, and 18, but hearing her come out of Kid Goku is just... strange, as it is to hear Nadolny come out of Gohan's mouth!
I'd like to do the same for my faulconer project eventually, cause kid goku is Nadolny in my head
Okay! If you can remember any more Kid Goku scenes in Kai+TFC, I can grab the voice clips to be inserted in there for you guys.

User avatar
KBABZ
I Live Here
Posts: 2949
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: The tallest tower in West City

Re: Dragon Ball Kai The Final Chapters Kikuchi Revival

Post by KBABZ » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:48 am

Okay, so I've prepared a little package with all the audio clips in them. Link's here.

There is one clip I cannot get the audio for, which is a brief anime-only flashback to Goku's time with Grandpa Gohan in episode 165 (Peace Returns! A Time of Rest for the Warriors!). I don't have any of the Remastered sets so I can't get the original Nadolny takes, but it isn't that big of a disaster considering this episode is 100% filler and completely useless anyway.

User avatar
IHaveNoUserName
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:31 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Kai The Final Chapters Kikuchi Revival

Post by IHaveNoUserName » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:20 am

KBABZ wrote:Okay, so I've prepared a little package with all the audio clips in them. Link's here.

There is one clip I cannot get the audio for, which is a brief anime-only flashback to Goku's time with Grandpa Gohan in episode 165 (Peace Returns! A Time of Rest for the Warriors!). I don't have any of the Remastered sets so I can't get the original Nadolny takes, but it isn't that big of a disaster considering this episode is 100% filler and completely useless anyway.
Thank you KBABZ for the audio, I'm going to see what I can do with it
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCud_Qw ... UxtYgOJ-LA
Currently making Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41090

User avatar
Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 211
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:34 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Kai The Final Chapters Kikuchi Revival

Post by Diccolo-420 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:09 pm

KBABZ wrote:Okay, so I've prepared a little package with all the audio clips in them. Link's here.

There is one clip I cannot get the audio for, which is a brief anime-only flashback to Goku's time with Grandpa Gohan in episode 165 (Peace Returns! A Time of Rest for the Warriors!). I don't have any of the Remastered sets so I can't get the original Nadolny takes, but it isn't that big of a disaster considering this episode is 100% filler and completely useless anyway.
On kametsu there is a thread which contains all blu-ray audio files in lossless format, so you may want to check that out

User avatar
IHaveNoUserName
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:31 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Kai The Final Chapters Kikuchi Revival

Post by IHaveNoUserName » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:31 pm

KBABZ wrote:Okay, so I've prepared a little package with all the audio clips in them. Link's here.

There is one clip I cannot get the audio for, which is a brief anime-only flashback to Goku's time with Grandpa Gohan in episode 165 (Peace Returns! A Time of Rest for the Warriors!). I don't have any of the Remastered sets so I can't get the original Nadolny takes, but it isn't that big of a disaster considering this episode is 100% filler and completely useless anyway.
Okay, I encountered a problem with episode 107, the timing is really off when goku says I am the champion
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCud_Qw ... UxtYgOJ-LA
Currently making Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41090

User avatar
KBABZ
I Live Here
Posts: 2949
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: The tallest tower in West City

Re: Dragon Ball Kai The Final Chapters Kikuchi Revival

Post by KBABZ » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:15 pm

IHaveNoUserName wrote:Okay, I encountered a problem with episode 107, the timing is really off when goku says I am the champion
Yep, I knew that as soon as I recorded it. You're gonna have to get crafty with the cross-fades here; luckily generic crowd noises are surprisingly co-operative with that sort of thing!

User avatar
IHaveNoUserName
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:31 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Kai The Final Chapters Kikuchi Revival

Post by IHaveNoUserName » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:30 pm

KBABZ wrote:
IHaveNoUserName wrote:Okay, I encountered a problem with episode 107, the timing is really off when goku says I am the champion
Yep, I knew that as soon as I recorded it. You're gonna have to get crafty with the cross-fades here; luckily generic crowd noises are surprisingly co-operative with that sort of thing!
I'm going to find the Z version and see if it fits because I made the timing better but its so akward
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCud_Qw ... UxtYgOJ-LA
Currently making Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41090

User avatar
KBABZ
I Live Here
Posts: 2949
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: The tallest tower in West City

Re: Dragon Ball Kai The Final Chapters Kikuchi Revival

Post by KBABZ » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:09 pm

IHaveNoUserName wrote:I'm going to find the Z version and see if it fits because I made the timing better but its so akward
Good idea, it probably won't have the background crowd noise either. I personally like using the original takes for 100% accuracy and all that, which I did in a few of the T1C recaps where the lines changed a bit.

User avatar
PremiumSalt
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:58 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Kai The Final Chapters Kikuchi Revival

Post by PremiumSalt » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:42 pm

Nice! I'll be keeping an eye on this. Now all we need is someone to do a rescore of the first 98 episodes with proper placements for the Kikuchi stuff.
Avid Star Wars, Dragon Ball, and DC Fan.

Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Tournament of Power 8. 21st Budōkai 9. Broly 10. Battle of Gods 11. Boo 12. U6 Tournament 13. Freeza 14. Red Ribbon Army 15. Artificial Humans/Cell 16.Golden Freeza

Star Wars Rankings: 1. ROTS 2. TLJ 3. RO 4. TESB 5. ROTJ 6. ANH 7. TFA 8. SOLO 9. TPM 10. AOTC

DCEU Rankings: 1. WW 2. AQM 3. BVS 4. JL 5. MOS 6. SS
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

User avatar
IHaveNoUserName
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:31 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Kai The Final Chapters Kikuchi Revival

Post by IHaveNoUserName » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:44 pm

PremiumSalt wrote:Nice! I'll be keeping an eye on this. Now all we need is someone to do a rescore of the first 98 episodes with proper placements for the Kikuchi stuff.
I might do it after I'm done with TFC it's just that it takes so long to make
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCud_Qw ... UxtYgOJ-LA
Currently making Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41090

User avatar
KBABZ
I Live Here
Posts: 2949
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: The tallest tower in West City

Re: Dragon Ball Kai The Final Chapters Kikuchi Revival

Post by KBABZ » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:50 pm

PremiumSalt wrote:Nice! I'll be keeping an eye on this. Now all we need is someone to do a rescore of the first 98 episodes with proper placements for the Kikuchi stuff.
I've been wanting to do this as well, but right now I still need to actually finish Kai-ing OG Dragon Ball.

User avatar
IHaveNoUserName
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:31 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Kai The Final Chapters Kikuchi Revival

Post by IHaveNoUserName » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:02 pm

KBABZ wrote:
PremiumSalt wrote:Nice! I'll be keeping an eye on this. Now all we need is someone to do a rescore of the first 98 episodes with proper placements for the Kikuchi stuff.
I've been wanting to do this as well, but right now I still need to actually finish Kai-ing OG Dragon Ball.
I used the dbz audio for episode 107 and I was surprised to find out that it couldn't sync properly
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCud_Qw ... UxtYgOJ-LA
Currently making Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41090

User avatar
KBABZ
I Live Here
Posts: 2949
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: The tallest tower in West City

Re: Dragon Ball Kai The Final Chapters Kikuchi Revival

Post by KBABZ » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:23 pm

IHaveNoUserName wrote:
KBABZ wrote:
PremiumSalt wrote:Nice! I'll be keeping an eye on this. Now all we need is someone to do a rescore of the first 98 episodes with proper placements for the Kikuchi stuff.
I've been wanting to do this as well, but right now I still need to actually finish Kai-ing OG Dragon Ball.
I used the dbz audio for episode 107 and I was surprised to find out that it couldn't sync properly
That isn't too surprising, the edit for Kai is a lot tighter and faster-paced than Z. If you were able to get the 5.1 mix, you can use the center audio channel to isolate just the voices and crowd sound effects. Split it up for each piece of dialogue and re-position accordingly and it should work.

Post Reply