DragonBall Z: The Room 29 Productions Dub

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rina-chan

Post by Rina-chan » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:08 am

Damn .__.

So you guys don't even need extras or anything?
suzumiya-haruhi.net

Blitzen
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Blitzen » Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:22 am

Steven Perry wrote:FOE
I'm going to be very honest here and say that is an embarrasingly bad idea, so embarrasing that I'm letting you decide whether I should die now of embarrasment, or when you do it.

Mr.Piccolo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:11 am

Rina-chan wrote:Damn .__.

Sorry about that Rina. Kirbopher should've told you earlier.. :( BUT, there may be room for some extras :wink:
I'm going to be very honest here and say that is an embarrasingly bad idea, so embarrasing that I'm letting you decide whether I should die now of embarrasment, or when you do it.
God, way to go out of your way to rain on someone's parade. If you don't like it fine, you've said it plenty of times. Just save yourself the aggravation and avoid it, nobody is forcing this down your throat.. :|
-Rick
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:25 am

Blitzen wrote:
Steven Perry wrote:FOE
Ahh, okay. :(

We'll just call it 'Super Deciding Battle for the Entire Planet Earth' then. :P

Y'know, 'Let That Planet Alone' is quite good.
XBL: CallyMan90 | YouTube | DeviantART

~ LAST SURVIVING MEMBER OF ROOM 29 ~

Blitzen
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Blitzen » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:42 pm

Mr.Piccolo wrote:God, way to go out of your way to rain on someone's parade. If you don't like it fine, you've said it plenty of times. Just save yourself the aggravation and avoid it, nobody is forcing this down your throat.. :|
Likewise, if all you're going to do is be offended by my commentary and what not, don't read my posts. You find that if I'm scathing on something like that, it'll lessen the chance of something like that working its way into something else. Regardless it's just kinda awful but it was probably just a temporary idea so get your panties out of the twist.

Also I want you to do Super Deciding Battle for the Entire Planet Earth because it's megahyper super fantastic idea thought process.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:01 pm

Okay, knock off the arguing. Now. Not on my thread.

As for a title, it really hasn't been decided yet. To be honest, "Super Deciding Battle for the Entire Fate of Planet Earth" may, in some weird, over-obsessive way, sound cool as a Japanese title, but the truth is that it just sounds corny as an English title, so we won't be using that. If we can come up with some shortened, succinct version of that or something similar, then we'll use that. But it's still up in the air.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Mr.Piccolo

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:07 pm

Mr.Piccolo(before seeing Kaboom's post) wrote:
Blitzen wrote:Likewise, if all you're going to do is be offended by my commentary and what not, don't read my posts.
The majority of the people who read and post in this thread look are ones who have something to contribute, which you really aren't doing. So if I see a post, I'd expect something that would pertain to this project, I don't look for pointless rants and such. If you want to spend your time going on about "oh this is dumb, this name is dumb, it won't work", then put it somewhere else; make your own thread, tell a friend, put it in your blog or something. :|
Blitzen wrote:You find that if I'm scathing on something like that, it'll lessen the chance of something like that working its way into something else.
We'll just have to see, now won't we?
Blitzen wrote:your panties out of the twist.
Those rumors are false and the verdict was not guilty.. wait, what was the point of that? :o
*sigh* whatever..
-Rick
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:47 pm

Mr.Piccolo wrote:
Rina-chan wrote:Damn .__.

Sorry about that Rina. Kirbopher should've told you earlier..
I DID. When I first e-mailed her about it the thread was still open. I figured she'd be perfect for Bulma.

You sure you can't still give her a shot?

landoku
Beyond Newbie

Post by landoku » Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:22 pm

@_@, this topic is confusing!

future_trunks
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by future_trunks » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:52 pm

How about this title: Attack of the Clone!!!!!! :P

So audition results are being posted after break right?
Cuz you're an ocean, you're an ocean, settle down settle down what's the commotion?

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:32 pm

future_trunks wrote:How about this title: Attack of the Clone!!!!!! :P

So audition results are being posted after break right?

Erm, no to the first thing, and to the second, yes, soon after New Years, things will get rolling again. I'm working a lot in the next week, so I may not be as involved as much as I'd like to be. Good thing I've got "Zarbon," "Dodoria," and "Kiwi" backing me up.
deviantART
[thread]

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:43 am

Hopefully, people will enjoy this clip much more than the others. :)

Mission Impossible

I've got a request. Can we have Goku and the henchmen continue to make fighting sounds in the background between 0:19- 0:45?
XBL: CallyMan90 | YouTube | DeviantART

~ LAST SURVIVING MEMBER OF ROOM 29 ~

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:26 am

SSj Kaboom wrote:Erm, no to the first thing, and to the second, yes, soon after New Years, things will get rolling again. I'm working a lot in the next week, so I may not be as involved as much as I'd like to be. Good thing I've got "Zarbon," "Dodoria," and "Kiwi" backing me up.
Replace one of those names with Zangya if ya' can. :lol:
14 years later

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:21 am

Steven Perry wrote:Hopefully, people will enjoy this clip much more than the others. :)

Mission Impossible

I've got a request. Can we have Goku and the henchmen continue to make fighting sounds in the background between 0:19- 0:45?
Yeah, just have it continue and then fade out as Piccolo enters.
Conan the SSJ wrote:
SSj Kaboom wrote:Erm, no to the first thing, and to the second, yes, soon after New Years, things will get rolling again. I'm working a lot in the next week, so I may not be as involved as much as I'd like to be. Good thing I've got "Zarbon," "Dodoria," and "Kiwi" backing me up.
Replace one of those names with Zangya if ya' can. :lol:
Hmm... Hey Rick, Kino. Should we change it to Bojack, Bido, and Zangya?

Except... Kino, I won't kill you. Promise-ish.
deviantART
[thread]

Mr.Piccolo

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:51 pm

If it means I can finally wear pants, I won't complain. :) So I guess that means back to work in a few, then..
-Rick

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:47 pm

UPDATE'D!

Okay, folks! It's a new year, and with the new year comes newfound motivation for working on the dub! Right? Right? RIGHT?!

Well, I guess the first order of business is to get everyone back to work on their respective designated duties. *cracks knuckles* Let's go down the list, shall we?

* Rick, Kino, and of course, Jack, we need to start getting to work on finishing with the auditions and voice casting. But to do that, we need to make sure we're organized. What I'm in the process of doing (and what I'd suggest) is deleting the copies of everyone's auditions that I've already downloaded first. Then, I'm going through the entire audition thread and re-downloading them, and putting them in a new folder specifically made for holding them. Also, I'm making sure to name the sound files by their respective creator. I'd suggest putting together some sort of system like this, too. That way when we're doing callbacks and discussing parts sometime soon, we'll be all organized and know what the heck we're doing. While your at it, be sure to re-listen to as many auditions as you can, so we'll get refreshed on everyone's efforts. Hopefully, we can get fully concentrated on voice casting within the next week.

Rick, you still trying to get banned to keep your "1337" post count, I assume? Kewl, whatever floats yer boat. Me, I'm just gonna take a screencap or something and cherish the memory. But for now, just PM me about stuff until you get that resolved, and make sure you try to keep in touch either way, a'ight?

* Hey, Eclipse, any update on the scripting? Remember, I'll help out with that if you'd like me to. Also, PM me about if you've decided on how to translate things. Also, Daimou finally PM'd me back, and according to him, "Shinseiju" just translates to "Sacred Tree" or "Holy Tree," or something along those lines, nothing complicated. Totally up to you if you'd like to do something with the translation, or just keep it Shinseiju.

* Capsuleman, how's the footage ripping coming? It'd probably be a good idea to get it to... I believe it's Quantum Destiny and Steven Perry, our video editors, so they can start on any pre-work they'd like to do.

* Tenken, quick question. Should we assume that you have the proper equipment/software to clean background static, wind sheer, and such from people's recordings? A lot of people have some serious talent, but are plagued, like myself, from only having "not-quite-top-tier" microphones.

...Okay, I think that's it for now. To everyone who auditioned, thank again, but hang tight for now. We'll be getting in touch with (most) of you about callbacks soon.
deviantART
[thread]

Eclipse
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Eclipse » Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:09 pm

Hey, Eclipse, any update on the scripting? Remember, I'll help out with that if you'd like me to. Also, PM me about if you've decided on how to translate things. Also, Daimou PM'd me back, and according to him, "Shinseiju" just translates to "Sacred Tree" or "Holy Tree," or something along those lines, nothing complicated. Totally up to you if you'd like to do something with the translation, or just keep it Shinseiju.
...I'm all right with the script. I've only done about 20 minutes tops in terms of dialogue (Maybe 15?), but it's still going good.
I think I had 'Tree of Might' somewhere early, but it may have been changed. Don't know about that.

But just a question. Should any references to Kakarot be spelled like that or Kakarotto?

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:12 pm

Eclipse wrote: But just a question. Should any references to Kakarot be spelled like that or Kakarotto?
Oh, just go with "Kakarot." Just about everyone, Monsieur Simmons, Viz, fansubbers, etc... translates it that way. If we we're doing Movie 10 (Broly: Kakarottooooooooo!), then it might be an issue. But we're not, so it's not.
deviantART
[thread]

Mystic Jack
Regular

Post by Mystic Jack » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:21 am

HeeHee Kiwi. That's a bird. :P

Anyway, I'll be ready to get to work when sent the auditions Kaboom.

-The loyal henchmen, Kiwi.
Singer, actor, chiropractor!

Mr.Piccolo

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:09 pm

I'm still around. 8) As for the elite thing, I'm like that 24/7 :P I already organized all of the auditions so just pick a date and I'm good to go. My semester starts on the 22nd so I have plenty of time.
-Rick