Hey VegEX, Faint?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Hey VegEX, Faint?

Post by Ben Plante » Sat May 08, 2004 8:45 am

I recall an e-mail conversation between us about you wanting to try and make a video to Linkin Park's 'Faint'. Did that fall through, or is it in progress? Because to be honest, it seems like a very difficult song to make a coherent video to, so I was wondering if you dropped that one.

Thanx.
"Chrysanthemums will wither together with its leaves, lying beside the fiery eyes soaked with blood. Even then, your sublime status will never be shaken, even if only half of your limbs will remain. To increase the fascination within the drama, should the search for a new partner begin? If so, then head to the east. You will definitely meet the one who is waiting for you."

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat May 08, 2004 4:48 pm

That one got shrugged aside. We were planning on doing it during the December / January time-frame, but just never got around to it. Once my final semester at school started in, it just became impossible to work on a video of my own, nevermind a collaborative one with Meri. I did somehow manage to get my Otakon video done... it's only a minute and a half long, though, so that sure helped...

The apartment is all ours, now, so once Meri and I actually get both of our computers up and running directly next to each other we'll have a much easier time working on those collaborative videos. I'd love to go back and work on the Faint video... we had some cool stuff planned for that one...

While I'm ranting, here's the next couple videos we'll be working on / guaranteed to finish:
  • DDR Project 4 (5th Mix):
    Editors: Meri & VegettoEX
    Footage: DragonBall (specifically, 23rd Tenka-ichi Budokai)
    Song: Theme from "Enter the Dragon"
  • Retro Video Game Project:
    Editors: VegettoEX
    Footage: Street Fighter II V
    Song: Remix of Ryu's theme from Street Fighter II (offa the SF2 Instrumental album)
  • AWA Pro Submission:
    Editors: Meri & VegettoEX
    Footage: (must be secret)
    Song: (must be secret)
... and maybe some other doo-diddies at some point (but nothing long or serious). We both did videos for Otakon this year, so those'll be out this summer.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ben Plante » Sat May 08, 2004 4:55 pm

Any chance of 'Fathers And Sons' competition coming from your vids? I finally saw that one. I cried. Seriously, I'm man enough to admit it. Wonderful.
"Chrysanthemums will wither together with its leaves, lying beside the fiery eyes soaked with blood. Even then, your sublime status will never be shaken, even if only half of your limbs will remain. To increase the fascination within the drama, should the search for a new partner begin? If so, then head to the east. You will definitely meet the one who is waiting for you."

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat May 08, 2004 5:29 pm

In terms of a DBZ video, you mean? Nah, I don't have any DBZ drama video ideas right now. I had this really, really dark-comedy-type video I was planning on doing for Otakon, but changed my mind to a much shorter, upbeat video.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ben Plante » Sat May 08, 2004 5:41 pm

Meh. I guess it's to be expected that Fathers And ASons will never be topped. WONDERFUL VIDEO.

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Sun May 09, 2004 11:27 am

Fathers and Sons made me cry the first time I saw it when we got the AWA Pro screener tapes. When we saw it, we figured it wouldn't win anything because it was a DBZ video, but it ended up winning in a category anyway, so we were happy. :D

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ben Plante » Sun May 09, 2004 3:20 pm

Meri, glad I'm not the only one who got tearful at Fathers and Sons... although I did because my father was never around and was generally a jerk and not very attentive... and... excuse me... ::Bawls::

Oh, Meri, what did I do to your avatar that has it flipping me off all the time!? Cell is angry! :-P

I picked Cell as my avatar because... I'm being totally serious... his Perfect form face looks so much like my face it's not funny. I said it's NOT funny! NO LAUGHING!

And I still can't identify who that is in Mike's avatar.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun May 09, 2004 5:02 pm

It's Gendo Ikari from Neon Genesis Evangelion. Or: GENdo Ikari from Neon Genesis Dragonball! AF EXISTS!!!!! It's North American title having been changed is all.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Sun May 09, 2004 5:40 pm

That makes a lot of sense. :roll:

Hearing "HOLY CRAP!" from him really shocked me, the first time.

I like faint. Linkin Park is the cool!!1

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ben Plante » Sun May 09, 2004 5:49 pm

Linkin Park is the cool!!1 I saw them in concert a couple months back. Rob (Drummer) tossed his drumsticks into the crowd. I CAUGHT ONE! WEE! I was nearly killed trying to keep it, but I held onto it.

It helped bring me out of my teen angst when I was 17. I cannot STAND IT when people hate them just because they're popular. If you don't like them, FINE. But if you don't like them just because they're popular, NOT FINE.

Damn, how many posts does it take to get outta the 'Newbie' label?

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Sun May 09, 2004 5:54 pm

Ben Plante wrote:Linkin Park is the cool!!1 I saw them in concert a couple months back. Rob (Drummer) tossed his drumsticks into the crowd. I CAUGHT ONE! WEE! I was nearly killed trying to keep it, but I held onto it.

It helped bring me out of my teen angst when I was 17. I cannot STAND IT when people hate them just because they're popular. If you don't like them, FINE. But if you don't like them just because they're popular, NOT FINE.

Damn, how many posts does it take to get outta the 'Newbie' label?
O.o I can't believe you're at 36 already. Anyway, you're only 14 away.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun May 09, 2004 7:58 pm

Even then: you'd be at "beyond newbie". Nya!
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sun May 09, 2004 9:05 pm

Zackarotto wrote:That makes a lot of sense. :roll:

Hearing "HOLY CRAP!" from him really shocked me, the first time.

I like faint. Linkin Park is the cool!!1
The first time I saw EX's avatar, I couldn't stop laughing! I think it's hilarious, and I still occasionally chuckle at it. :D
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

TGDweezl
Beyond Newbie

Post by TGDweezl » Mon May 10, 2004 8:49 am

I'd like to say that I do not like Linkin Park. And it is not because they are "popular". I bought their first CD and somewhat enjoyed it. But after seeing nearly every single song of their first album on MTV and the constant play they got on the radio/tv I became annoyed. THEN they released their first album "remixed" and that was where my interest in them vanished. I do have some vids downloaded using LP songs in them and I don't mind the song as long as it fits the vid. When it comes to things like that I'll friggin listen to country as long as the vid fits it.

Here's a challenge: Use "Boot-scoot boogie" in a vid, I dare ya. :lol:

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Mon May 10, 2004 6:37 pm

No, Dayspring... beyond newbie is 100. I forget what 50-99 is, but we didn't have those names back when we had under 100.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Mon May 10, 2004 6:59 pm

Ah, the old days. When this message board were all fields, as far as the eye could see.
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon May 10, 2004 7:01 pm

WHAT?! I been bamboozled! I DEMAND to be called "Beyond Advanced Regular" as compensation! If the answer to my demand is not met, I shall go eat a popsicle!

TGDweezl
Beyond Newbie

Post by TGDweezl » Mon May 10, 2004 9:30 pm

*hands Dayspring a popsicle* Merry Christmas, at least you are beyond newbie.