Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Fionordequester » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:39 pm

ParkerAL wrote:Well, I guess Dragon Ball is no stranger to this kind of thing. :lol:
...Noooo, this is still kinda new territory. Lewd humor is one thing, but showing two people literally in bed together...Toriyama never went THAT far :lol: !
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:39 am

I like the design of the alien girl next to Jeice, I wish Toriyama was this creative while designing beings from other planets.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

testing223
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by testing223 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:39 am

Fionordequester wrote:
ParkerAL wrote:Well, I guess Dragon Ball is no stranger to this kind of thing. :lol:
...Noooo, this is still kinda new territory. Lewd humor is one thing, but showing two people literally in bed together...Toriyama never went THAT far :lol: !
Goku literally crawls into bed with Bulma.

And then took off her panties.
I play baseball and work in LA.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:54 am

testing223 wrote:Goku literally crawls into bed with Bulma.

And then took off her panties.
You're taking that out of context though. The joke there was that Goku got into the habit of sleeping on his grandpa's groin, thought Bulma's groin felt a bit weird, took off her underwear, and then went OOOOH MY GOSH!! BULMA!! YOUR BALLS ARE MISSING!! Cue Hannah Barbara music as Bulma freaks out, gets up, and dashes off to find where the Dragon Balls went :lol: :lol: :lol: !!

Not really the same thing as this.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:09 am

Fionordequester wrote:
Toriyama had Goku jump in bed with Bulma, feel up her privates and remove her panties.
Fionordequester wrote:
You're taking that out of context though. The joke there was that Goku got into the habit of sleeping on his grandpa's groin, thought Bulma's groin felt a bit weird, took off her underwear, and then went OOOOH MY GOSH!! BULMA!! YOUR BALLS ARE MISSING!! Cue Hannah Barbara music as Bulma freaks out, gets up, and dashes off to find where the Dragon Balls went :lol: :lol: :lol: !!

Not really the same thing as this.
The joke was that it was a pretty sexual action, even though Goku didn't understand it.

Jeese and his girl aren't doing anything besides lying together. There's an implication that they had sex at some point but such implications also exist in Dragon Ball by the mere existence of their children.

testing223
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by testing223 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:53 pm

Yeah...there's plenty of scenes of people in bed in DB.

And the Jeice scene is clearly played for laughs too, so it's really no different at all.
I play baseball and work in LA.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:36 pm

testing223 wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Yeah...there's plenty of scenes of people in bed in DB.

And the Jeice scene is clearly played for laughs too, so it's really no different at all.
The difference is that Goku didn't fuck Launch in that bed.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:52 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote: The difference is that Goku didn't fuck Launch in that bed.
Characters are implied to have sex in the manga so, also nothing new.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:56 pm

rereboy wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote: The difference is that Goku didn't fuck Launch in that bed.
Characters are implied to have sex in the manga so, also nothing new.
But Jeice was using condoms here, this is clearly subliminal promotion of safe sex which I will not stand for.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:12 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote: But Jeice was using condoms here, this is clearly subliminal promotion of safe sex which I will not stand for.
And characters were having babies in the manga. Thus, implications of sex. There really is no practical difference.

Also, you are against safe sex?

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:21 pm

rereboy wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote: But Jeice was using condoms here, this is clearly subliminal promotion of safe sex which I will not stand for.
And characters were having babies in the manga. Thus, implications of sex. There really is no practical difference.

Also, you are against safe sex?

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
The fact that characters were having babies means that they weren't practicing safe sex which means there's no problem.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:27 pm

The discussion was never about safe sex. You were the one who introduced that particular subject. And to that I only have my previous picture to show you.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:29 pm

It's amazing how a page leads to a discussion like this. XD

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:31 pm

Noah wrote:I like the design of the alien girl next to Jeice, I wish Toriyama was this creative while designing beings from other planets.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

How can you wish for Toriyama to create more creative beings on other planets when he already does that in his sleep? I'd even say that his designs for beings on other planets are often leaps and bounds more creative than Udda's. But still you're free to enjoy her design.
Last edited by Gog on Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:36 pm

rereboy wrote:The discussion was never about safe sex. You were the one who introduced that particular subject. And to that I only have my previous picture to show you.
The discussion is now about safe sex. I will not tolerate this poisoning of our young minds. I thought Salagir had innocent intentions creating this webcomic but I see now that it was just a long con to peddle his safe sex agenda.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:17 pm

Yeah, grab the torches and pitchforks and so on and so forth....

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:42 pm

Gog wrote:How can you wish for Toriyama to create more creative beings on other planets when he already does that in his sleep? I'd even say that his designs for beings on other planets are often leaps and bounds more creative than Udda's. But still you're free to enjoy her design.
Most of those were main characters or characters with some significance to the plot and I talking mainly of his recent work with the new Gods, he tends to aliens a lot with fishy face or with animal design, I will wait to see new combatants of each universe, but I expect the same thing with most of them.

And for Multiverse, I think they do some nice alien designs like these:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:57 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Fionordequester wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:Goku's punch only knocked out a few teeth and maybe give him a concussion.
Ergh...that...would be pretty serious if that were the case.
That's nothing in the DB-verse, they've all taken worse and gotten back up like nothing happened, Recoome is just being a bitch here.
I don't think you know what a concussion is.
Gog wrote:Best page in the entire special, well at least until Freeza shows up. But I never would have realized that Jeice was such a playboy.
He only has eyes for Burter.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:00 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Fionordequester wrote:
Ergh...that...would be pretty serious if that were the case.
That's nothing in the DB-verse, they've all taken worse and gotten back up like nothing happened, Recoome is just being a bitch here.
I don't think you know what a concussion is.
I do, and mild concussions are nothing serious, especially in the DB-verse. Goku took a blow to the back of the head from Vegeta that surely would have shaken his brain quite a bit and was knocked out for several minutes which would cause severe damage in real life but Goku doesn't experience any negative effects.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:21 pm

Just to clarify, the whole safe sex thing was a joke.