Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:01 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:49 pm
TheGodfather93 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:09 pm I really hope Bra doesn’t get Talk no Jutsu’d and redeemed. The atrocities she’s committed can’t just be swept under the rug, even if everyone who died got wished back to life.
If it can work for Vegeta, it work for anyone.
It took Vegeta getting his ass beat by Buu, and then killing himself for him to be fully redeemed. After what Bra did, controlled or not, she shouldn’t get off scot free

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:09 pm

Double post
Last edited by HeroR on Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:10 pm

TheGodfather93 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:09 pm I really hope Bra doesn’t get Talk no Jutsu’d and redeemed. The atrocities she’s committed can’t just be swept under the rug, even if everyone who died got wished back to life.
Vegeta went through severally mental, emotional, and physical breaking before he was redeem. And even then he was going to hell. The only reason he was save was because he was too useful to cleanse and even then he was Fusion fodder. And his power trip as a Majin was pointless since he literally gained nothing. Goku was still far stronger than him and even pity him, and he didn’t do shit against Buu despite him literally blowing himself up. In coming, Bra gets to fully enjoy being the strongest thing in the room.
YamiGoku wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:50 pm
I think the problem is that unlike Vegeta who became popular, Bra has become an annoyance for what feels an eternity and at last some of us are sick of her.

also, Vegeta was all bad and did atrocious things in his live yes, but for the main cast all the evil he did was not this personal, yes he is responsible for the life of the Z warriors Nappa killed, but he himself didnt pull the trigger, he did a lot of bad things but never so extreme or personal, unlike Bra who has literally mutilated and killed his friends and family like they were pigs.
Vegeta abused Future Trunks emotionally and mentally. He also sold out his allies twice. One when he allowed Cell to eat 18 and mocked his son, and again when he went Majin and killed a bunch of people to force Goku to fight him. And one of those blasts nearly hit Bulma.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:43 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:01 pm
It took Vegeta getting his ass beat by Buu, and then killing himself for him to be fully redeemed. After what Bra did, controlled or not, she shouldn’t get off scot free
Once again Vegeta did that on his own, Bra as far as we've been told is not in control and just thinks she's in control. Bra shouldn't be blamed if Babidi had control over her.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:06 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:43 pm
Once again Vegeta did that on his own, Bra as far as we've been told is not in control and just thinks she's in control. Bra shouldn't be blamed if Babidi had control over her.
I disagree

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:28 pm

"Waaah! I am afraid of my power! Waaah! My Father is a psychopathic manchild that everyone worships! Waaah! I am not a person I am a living weapon with a body of a super model! Waaah!"

ALSO

June 24th, Wednesday, a new double special begins, a full adventure!...People who don't like specials can come back at the end of october.
Four Months and some change...holy shit are you serious? That's like a quadruple special.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:03 pm

It's even worse better when you read the page listening this.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:54 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:06 am

I disagree
You can disagree all you want, if Babidi has full control over her its blaming the victim. Just because Bra isn't a liked character doesn't mean someone should twist the facts of what stroy we are being told.

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:15 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:54 pm

I disagree
You can disagree all you want, if Babidi has full control over her its blaming the victim. Just because Bra isn't a liked character doesn't mean someone should twist the facts of what stroy we are being told.
She didnt hasitate to blow up Piccolo or cut Gohan in half and the only reason she is doubting now is because someone call her weak....

so to her being weak is more of a concern than killing her friends and family with her own hands which she did with a smile on her face.

Vegeta abused Future Trunks emotionally and mentally. He also sold out his allies twice. One when he allowed Cell to eat 18 and mocked his son, and again when he went Majin and killed a bunch of people to force Goku to fight him. And one of those blasts nearly hit Bulma.
1* He didnt abuse Trunks, he didn't treat him like a good father should yeah but to say he abused him seems a stretch

2* He didnt sold anyone, he took bad decisions focused on his ego and pride but he didn't deliberately sold anyone.

Vegeta was never a good person until the end of Z and even then one can argue he should not be redeemed, the thing is that Dragon Ball is not a super serious show and has a lot macguffins to fix things, the point I'm trying to make is that none on this franchise did something this despicable, sadistically cold and violent to they're friends and family with a smile on its face like Bra has here.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:44 pm

Theory: U16 Bra accidentally killed her own mother in one of her rampages. We never SEE U16 Bulma, after all.

Nothing to support that, but, nothing to go against it, either. If nothing else, it'd be worthy of a "you don't know what life has been like for me!"
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:30 pm

I disagree
Its not "twisting facts." You're twisting what i'm saing. She's not innocent. She's an egomaniac with severe anger issues who said thatshe shouldn't have to protect the weak and worthless. And ruthlessly butchered her friends and family without a second thought.

I dont know about you, but patting poor little Bra on the head and going "its okay, it wasn't your fault" would be terrible.
Last edited by Dbzfan94 on Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:38 pm

Oh, boy, I can't wait for the shoehorned plot-critical tragic backstory at the last moment.

I disagree
I'd say that while she may be under control, the fact that butchering her friends, family and innocent people meant nothing to her, but dissing her strength is what gets the control to break still makes her look pretty shitty.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:06 pm

I can’t believe they’re actually going the guilt trip route, she killed everyone with out thinking two ways about it and even mocked them to boot, I cannot buy that there’s “something left deep down where she still has feeling for her family”.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:27 pm

I disagree
Not even the comic agrees. As U18 Bra pointed out, U16 Bra’s had to be twisted to begin with to fall under Babidi’s control.
Kanassa wrote:

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:27 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:44 pm Theory: U16 Bra accidentally killed her own mother in one of her rampages. We never SEE U16 Bulma, after all.

Nothing to support that, but, nothing to go against it, either. If nothing else, it'd be worthy of a "you don't know what life has been like for me!"
This is a really interesting idea.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:31 pm

YamiGoku wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:15 pm

I disagree
She didnt hasitate to blow up Piccolo or cut Gohan in half and the only reason she is doubting now is because someone call her weak....

so to her being weak is more of a concern than killing her friends and family with her own hands which she did with a smile on her face.

1* He didnt abuse Trunks, he didn't treat him like a good father should yeah but to say he abused him seems a stretch

2* He didnt sold anyone, he took bad decisions focused on his ego and pride but he didn't deliberately sold anyone.

Vegeta was never a good person until the end of Z and even then one can argue he should not be redeemed, the thing is that Dragon Ball is not a super serious show and has a lot macguffins to fix things, the point I'm trying to make is that none on this franchise did something this despicable, sadistically cold and violent to they're friends and family with a smile on its face like Bra has here.
Vegeta punched Trunks in the gut for telling him to wait for Goku to get better and mocked him for being weak because he opposed Cell becoming complete.

Vegeta outright said he sold his soul to Babidi. He deliberately sold out everyone, including his own convention. I suggest you rewatch that part of the Buu Saga.
Kanassa wrote:

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:34 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:06 pm I can’t believe they’re actually going the guilt trip route, she killed everyone with out thinking two ways about it and even mocked them to boot, I cannot buy that there’s “something left deep down where she still has feeling for her family”.
It wasn’t feelings from her family. It was being called a weak piece of shit by herself no less.
Kanassa wrote:

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:30 pm

HeroR wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:27 pm

I disagree
Not even the comic agrees. As U18 Bra pointed out, U16 Bra’s had to be twisted to begin with to fall under Babidi’s control.
Piccolo and Vegeta were also endanger of being controlled by Babidi, Piccolo would have simply refused and Vegeta allowed himself to be possessed. Bra we know is spoiled and nigh all powerful but she only attacked and killed her friends due to being controlled. Tommy almost destroyed the Power Rangers when he was under mind control and they all forgave him.

Maybe I'm wrong but the story reads like Babidi has full control over Bra and is bringing out and amplifying her worse features.
Kanassa wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:38 pm Oh, boy, I can't wait for the shoehorned plot-critical tragic backstory at the last moment.
Dbzfan94 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:06 am I disagree
I'd say that while she may be under control, the fact that butchering her friends, family and innocent people meant nothing to her, but dissing her strength is what gets the control to break still makes her look pretty shitty.
She was always a Bad character do to how she was brought up but and presented. I'm arguing that with out Babidi she wouldn't have killed everyone.
Dbzfan94 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:30 pm
Its not "twisting facts." You're twisting what i'm saing. She's not innocent. She's an egomaniac with severe anger issues who said thatshe shouldn't have to protect the weak and worthless. And ruthlessly butchered her friends and family without a second thought.

I dont know about you, but patting poor little Bra on the head and going "its okay, it wasn't your fault" would be terrible.
How am I twisting anything we you said one word. Vegeta as a Majin choose to do everything, Bra is being influenced by Babidi to kill her friends and family. Bra is a bad person but a good guy, under Babidi's control she is a bad guy. She butchered these friends and family becasue Babidi is telling her to.

That once again is a problem with her upbringing and being a Saiyan. Under control she is free from emotional attachment but bringing up her strength is what is connecting her back to her original self. It's bad character building but I've seen several fictional characters react similar to Bra.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:22 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:30 pm
HeroR wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:27 pm

Piccolo and Vegeta were also endanger of being controlled by Babidi, Piccolo would have simply refused and Vegeta allowed himself to be possessed. Bra we know is spoiled and nigh all powerful but she only attacked and killed her friends due to being controlled. Tommy almost destroyed the Power Rangers when he was under mind control and they all forgave him.

Maybe I'm wrong but the story reads like Babidi has full control over Bra and is bringing out and amplifying her worse features.
Kanassa wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:38 pm Oh, boy, I can't wait for the shoehorned plot-critical tragic backstory at the last moment.

She was always a Bad character do to how she was brought up but and presented. I'm arguing that with out Babidi she wouldn't have killed everyone.
Dbzfan94 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:30 pm

How am I twisting anything we you said one word. Vegeta as a Majin choose to do everything, Bra is being influenced by Babidi to kill her friends and family. Bra is a bad person but a good guy, under Babidi's control she is a bad guy. She butchered these friends and family becasue Babidi is telling her to.

That once again is a problem with her upbringing and being a Saiyan. Under control she is free from emotional attachment but bringing up her strength is what is connecting her back to her original self. It's bad character building but I've seen several fictional characters react similar to Bra.
Piccolo was never in danger. That was Krillin being a moron since he was worrying about Piccolo who has been good for over a decade and merged with god instead of the person who let Cell eat his future wife to stroke his ego. And Vegeta was a rotten SOB even in the Buu Saga, so failing to see your point. Bra is basically Vegeta with none of the excuses so yeah. So was an evil bitch before Babidi got his mitts on her and weak-will too since Vegeta and Cell got the Majin boost and told Babidi to screw off, while Bra was all too willing to obey like a muppet. And it’s telling that she only started to resist after being called weak and not as she was happily murdering her friends and family.

And Tommy is a poor example since Tommy was a good, honest person who was kidnapped and brainwashed. He wasn’t evil or remotely bad before then, unlike Bra who tried to blow up the Earth to beat her half-brother in a duel.

Also, Bra is a half Saiyan do don’t go bringing ‘she’s a Saiyan’ into this. Trunks was raised and trained by a still bad Vegeta and he never came close to Bra’s level pettiness. Or Gohan who has every reason in Shonen to be an emo edgelord came out balance.
Kanassa wrote:

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:19 am

Ooh, is it time for a sad backstory? I'm down. Let's see if Salagir can make me feel any sympathy for this trainwreck of a character he's created. If not, then hopefully he can do what Super did with Jiren's backstory and make me laugh at how cliche it is. I like funny things.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93