Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:03 am

Xyex wrote:Maybe he didn't get back to Planet Vegeta before Freeza got there, thus when he returned home his home wasn't there anymore and he spent the next 23 years training to fight Freeza and exploring the galaxy looking for other surviving Saiya-jins.
I really like this idea, it seems like the most logical way to obtain the necessary power level without breaking the "rules" of the transformation.
Xyex wrote:Only to then inadvertantly intercept Raditz's transmission to Vegeta about the Dragonballs. One thing leads to another and he's with Goku and Vegeta on Namek and both of them get killed, thus leaving him as the last living Saiya-jin and facing the extinction of his entire race... and then boom, SSJ Bardock. 8)
I'm kinda on the fence about this one. The first thing that come to mind after reading this part was "Oh god, that would be Disney-ridiculous 'I've found my long lost father' kind of thing", but the more I looked at it and thought about it it started to make a little more sense, plus it would fit in with the actual story.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:15 am

SSj_Rambo wrote:
SSJ2bardock wrote:But this is from a completely different universe, things could be different. Bardock could have had different events leading up to his fight with Freeza, thus making his power level higher or something like that. Or you could even have completely different rules regarding what is required to transform due to it being a different universe.
I'd like it if they kept the rules of the Saiya-jin body the same throughout all of the universes, but the idea of different events happening in a Bardock universe would be awesome. They could use that for a couple of pages where Bardock explains his universe to Goku and Vegeta, or they could do what Toryama did with the Trunks back story and create an complete background story that takes up a bunch of pages.

The story is really starting to build, and I can't wait for the rest of the tournament to get underway...it's a shame that Faye won't be coloring anymore of the pages, because the pages of the fights that she did color look absolutely stunning.
Yeah, you beat me to the punch. :wink:

Bardock is my favorite character, gasp! :o
A story line I'd like to see would be Tora and the other team mates wait for Bardock to heal and go off to planet Meat.
After clearing the planet, Bardock and Co. meet up with Dodoria and his henchman. With Bardock leading, they clear the elites and finish Dodoria, together, no problem!
Freeza hearing of this promptly proceeds to blow up plant Vegeta! But Bardock and his team somehow how manage to land, warn their fellow Saiyajin. They manage to gather Nappa, Kid Vegeta, and King Vegeta! As they fly into space they fight off Freeza's entire army, who fly out from his space ship! They clear the entire army after a good half hour or so.
Freeza sends out Zarbon who immediately transforms! Panbookin, Totepo, and Nappa are killed, but the others manage to defeat Zarbon!
But then Freeza himself appears! He quickly Death Beams, if you will, Tora. Enraged, Bardock and Celipa rush Freeza to no avail. "Low Class idiots!" - Vegeta and son.
Celipa, unfortunately loses her life and Bardock unleashes his rage!
Bardock transforms into the Giji(or Quasi) Super Saiyajin! And with the Vegetas' help manages to defeat the tyrant!

...Woh...There is probably some bad grammer in there , but I'll get there.
That would be my Bardock Succeeds dimension.
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:45 am

The fighting is finally about to start! :D Giggidy!

Also, there was absolutley zero topics I could find where this would be appropriate or "on topic" so I'm just gonna say it here. I was browsing wikipedia ( blasphemy, I know.. ) and I found out that Ian Corlett voiced Knuckles in one of the Sonic cartoons. That just made me kinda excited that I found a Dragonball connection when I wasn't searching for anything Dragonball related.

Dragonball, it's everywhere :shock:
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:51 pm

Forgotten Hero wrote:A story line I'd like to see would be Tora and the other team mates wait for Bardock to heal and go off to planet Meat.
After clearing the planet, Bardock and Co. meet up with Dodoria and his henchman. With Bardock leading, they clear the elites and finish Dodoria, together, no problem!
Dodoria is something like 22,000. Bardock is 10,000. Bardock's friends can't be more than 5,000, probably less.
Panbookin, Totepo, and Nappa are killed, but the others manage to defeat Zarbon!
Zarbon is near 30,000 when transformed. Nappa is 8,000 or less twenty years later.
Celipa, unfortunately loses her life and Bardock unleashes his rage!
Bardock transforms into the Giji(or Quasi) Super Saiyajin! And with the Vegetas' help manages to defeat the tyrant!
Freeza is 530,000.

What I'm trying to say is... there's holes I could drive a aircraft carrier through.

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:06 am

We don't know Freeza, Zarbon, and Dodoria's power level at the time. For all we know their was less then it was on Namek. I seriously doubt they were that strong when Goku was just born. No one's power stays the same after 20-30 years, except maybe Freeza.
All I'm saying is their power levels aren't necessarily 20,000 and 30,000, and maybe not 530,000.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:39 am

I'm pretty sure that Zarbon and Dodoria's power level hadn't changed much in those 20 years. Dodoria was able to nearly kill Bardock with one attack without even powering up or moving, so he was definitely much more powerful than 15,000 at least. Also, it's most likely that Zarbon and Dodoria are mutants like the Ginyu Force and most of Freeza's other powerful henchmen, therefore they might not lose or gain power like other being over periods of 20 or so years.

But the idea of Bardock going Quasi Super Saiya-jin as apposed to full SSj is much more probable and a great idea and way to Bardock enough power fight with some of the more powerful fighters in the universe, great idea!

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:16 am

I guess the Freeza and henchman stuff has its holes. But yeah, I love my own Quasi Super Saiyajin Bardock Idea! 8)

But that would be my ideal story!

Salagir2

Post by Salagir2 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:21 pm

Scarz wrote:Whoa, I can't bring myself to hate this fan comic like I do with so many others. It's one blatant fan service and yet I am still in awe.
^_^
That may be because I'm about 3 times the age of the average fanboy, and discussed DB with many other since about 10 years.

This DB fanservice is serious stuff. I want it to be DB-like, and rewrite the scenario several times before it's actually drawn.
LeprikanGT wrote:I kind of thought ';Cargot' was a mis-spelling of 'cargo'
In fact it's the other way around. If his name comes from Escargot, french for snail, then "cargot" is the perfect writing.

As for Baddack SSJ...
The one you saw can really not be SSJ. I'll see if it can fit other situations ...
The thing is, even in SSJ, baddack would totally still be weak here in DBM ;p
Stupid things on DBZ - Dragon Ball Multiverse Webcomic
-what happened in dbz today?
-they fought some guy

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:25 pm

Salagir2 wrote: The thing is, even in SSJ, baddack would totally still be weak here in DBM ;p
As long as he makes an appearance I think we'd all be happy with that. :)
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:09 pm

For once I hate being the voice of negativity, 'cause I like the idea of Bardock succeeding in his charge... but Quasi SSJ looked like a seriously short-lived state. It's been a while since I saw the movie, but doesn't Goku drop out of the state when Slug surprises him?

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:41 pm

Rocketman wrote:For once I hate being the voice of negativity, 'cause I like the idea of Bardock succeeding in his charge... but Quasi SSJ looked like a seriously short-lived state. It's been a while since I saw the movie, but doesn't Goku drop out of the state when Slug surprises him?
That is correct, Goku get in about 4 or 5 good hits on Slug before all his energy was drained. I'd say stick with the normal SSJ cause it's not like 100 characters wouldn't be able to go a stage further and kick his ass anyway. :lol:
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:38 pm

Maybe. Or maybe in his universe he managed to defeat Freeza only for Bebi to surface, and then Buu began rampaging, and by the time all is said and done he's on par with Goku from the series, including posession of SSJ3. :P
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:46 pm

Xyex wrote:
Maybe. Or maybe in his universe he managed to defeat Freeza only for Bebi to surface, and then Buu began rampaging, and by the time all is said and done he's on par with Goku from the series, including posession of SSJ3. :P
I was pondering the idea of him going SSJ 2 for awhile cause it would look so much more badass, but I thought I'd get ridiculed here for being a fanboy :lol:
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:45 am

Just give me SSJ Bardock already. Screw all the little bumps in the plot of Bardock's little strength. In Sparking! Meteor, you manage to beat Freeza with Bardock. Give me that SSJ Bardock sexy action!
:twisted:

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:04 am

Forgotten Hero wrote:Just give me SSJ Bardock already. Screw all the little bumps in the plot of Bardock's little strength. In Sparking! Meteor, you manage to beat Freeza with Bardock. Give me that SSJ Bardock sexy action!
So if it looks cool just do it despite plotholes and irrelevance? Did you by chance work on Dragonball GT?
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:09 am

NeptuneKai wrote:
Forgotten Hero wrote:Just give me SSJ Bardock already. Screw all the little bumps in the plot of Bardock's little strength. In Sparking! Meteor, you manage to beat Freeza with Bardock. Give me that SSJ Bardock sexy action!
So if it looks cool just do it despite plotholes and irrelevance? Did you by chance work on Dragonball GT?
This is a fan manga and we've already explained numerous ways to make it fit into the actual story as closely as possible.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:08 am

SSJ2bardock wrote:
NeptuneKai wrote:
This is a fan manga and we've already explained numerous ways to make it fit into the actual story as closely as possible.
LOL, yeah I made GT. :lol:

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:27 am

Forgotten Hero wrote:
SSJ2bardock wrote:
NeptuneKai wrote: So if it looks cool just do it despite plotholes and irrelevance? Did you by chance work on Dragonball GT?
LOL, yeah I made GT. :lol:
Get him!

Goku's "We will re-enact legendary encounters" line is epic. :lol:

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:52 am

Get me? I was joking...

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:18 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote:
Xyex wrote:
I was pondering the idea of him going SSJ 2 for awhile cause it would look so much more badass, but I thought I'd get ridiculed here for being a fanboy :lol:
Oh, hell, I've already got an SSJ2 Bardock in my AH series. Plus a plans for much much more. :lol:

Heh, now there's an idea. If Salagir2 want's to include a Bardock that can keep pace with the rest they could just use the Bardock from my Altered History fanfic series. 8)

Course... I doubt he'd go alone, which would then require the inclusion of at least a hanful of the other characters and there's quite a few of them. XD
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.