Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:13 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
SSj Kaboom wrote:The main reason is that most people are just so f*cking sick of Broly at this point that it's rather disgusting to see so much focus on him in what's an otherwise well-done fanwork.
It's not likely to be hundreds of pages of story. The way people have been expressing their opinions would be deemed unacceptable were this some other fan work.

I certainly don't think I come to DaizEX to see others be ass-hats to each other, espicially when the author of the fan work being mocked is a registered member of the community. This is the sort of thing I avoid other forums for. The thread's stopped being a discussion and become post-after-post of poorly composed fan art to mock the entire story just because of a difference in opinion over the author's chosen path for the story. It's something, as writer of fan fiction, do not appreciate. I see the same shit go on between 'rival fandoms', always trying to be the most furious group of circlejerker.

In short, if you have an opinion either express it respectfully or don't respect it at all, and remind others to do the same.
I agree 100%.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:22 pm

Thank you, Yuugi... that was fantastic.

See, I don't get the point in this. They've never tried to mislead anyone. We've all known this has been coming from Page 2. Why whine about it a year later? The only reason anyone cares is because they got sucked into the story... either that or they're just bitching about a comic that they've not cared about yet have been here for every update... so the only thing the comic has really done "wrong" is be pretty bloody good aside from its flaws.

At the moment, I'm respecting the authors of this comic more than a lot of the fan community... they're not making money... they're just working on something that's a fun tribute to the series they love... a series that never had its head up its ass about stuff like "who was stronger," with that changing all the time. They want Broly to be strong? Good for them. I don't see the point in bitching now when it's been coming from literally the word go.

As for the side story... maybe the regular artists wanted a break. People do that. Rather than say "sorry, no updates for a couple weeks... sick of it lol" they at least gave us something. If it were the same artists and everything, yeah, not a great idea. I'd think the bitching would be more warranted if people were paying for subscriptions or something, rather than feeling the right to bitch at people for sharing their hard work, but whatever.

What these guys are doing takes dedication... and honestly, if they actually came to this thread, I wouldn't be able to blame them if they decided to pack it in.
Last edited by Kingdom Heartless on Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:22 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:
Rocketman wrote:Never seen adequate proof of this other than Broly fans saying it over adn over to justify Broly being able to fight motherfucking Vegetto.
At least that one does have some good evidence behind it. He was gaining power somehow even while still in the womb, and his ki grew to some extent while he was just sitting around frozen in ice for seven years.
He could gain power for ten thousand years and he still wouldn't be to Vegetto's knees.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:34 pm

I wonder why Goku felt the need to jump straight to SSJ3...now I think if the show SSJ3 again it wont be exciting because they kinda ruined it here.

If anyones wondering, thats Vegetto's Ki Sword thats in front of Broly thats why he stoped, not because of fear or shock. WHOOPS ALREADY MENTIONED :oops:
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:01 pm

I wonder why Goku felt the need to jump straight to SSJ3...now I think if the show SSJ3 again it wont be exciting because they kinda ruined it here.
I'd prefer they did it like this... I find it irritating when they have them getting the snot beaten out of them, and you know that they can be stronger but they're saving it for dramatic effect.
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:05 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:I wonder why Goku felt the need to jump straight to SSJ3...now I think if the show SSJ3 again it wont be exciting because they kinda ruined it here.

If anyones wondering, thats Vegetto's Ki Sword thats in front of Broly thats why he stoped, not because of fear or shock. WHOOPS ALREADY MENTIONED :oops:
Yeah, I'm sort of disappointed. Maybe he should have jumped to SSJ2. It would have made more sense too, seeing as it took him a few seconds to transform into SSJ3 here, and with no effort. Oh well.

There's still Vegeta. That'll be quite the epic reveal.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:56 pm

He instantly transformed in the anime as well.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:21 pm

Kingdom Heartless wrote:He instantly transformed in the anime as well.
Not to mention he has trained for twenty years since that time.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:40 pm

I feel were you coming from Heartless but I agree with Tullece.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:04 pm

The fact that he transformed so quickly makes it seem like they're just setting him up for quick defeat.

Or Vegetto will interrupt.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:49 pm

Taking a closer look at this panel, it's actually quite beautifully composed...
She/Her
bisexual milf

IncompetentOverlord
Beyond Newbie

Post by IncompetentOverlord » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:14 am

JulieYBM wrote:Image

Taking a closer look at this panel, it's actually quite beautifully composed...
Yeah, for a second there, I thought they had stolen a Toriyama panel. Gogeta Jr. just gets better all the time.
Stuff I Know About: Hellsing, Detective Conan, Macross, GaoGaiGar, Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon, Kaiji, Hetalia, Fullmetal Alchemist, Captain Harlock, Digimon, Berserk, Dragon Ball, One Piece, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Yu Yu Hakusho, Cyborg 009, Lupin III, Ultimate Muscle/Kinnikuman, Discworld, Avatar: The Last Airbender, TMNT, Futurama, Invader Zim, South Park, Sandman, Marvel, DC, Scott Pilgrim, Star Wars, Godzilla, Doctor Who, Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, Kingdom Hearts, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:18 am

Yeah, it really does look fantastic. So it's not based off any panel in the manga? I was thinking it looks good enough to be a copy.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:18 am

I think my only complaint is that the black ink for Son's boots, wrist bands, and undershirt are replaced with greyscale...
She/Her
bisexual milf

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:48 am

JulieYBM wrote:I think my only complaint is that the black ink for Son's boots, wrist bands, and undershirt are replaced with greyscale...
When Goku first appeared as a Super Saiyan 3 in the manga, Toriyama ((Or his assistant?)) used screentone instead of ink for the boots, shirt, belt and wrest bands.

And yay, it's back to the tournament.
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:04 am

JulieYBM wrote:
Godo wrote:Brolly shouldn't be able to go SSJ3, let alone to be that strong. It's fucking evil to do that. They know we (the anti-Brolly side) hate it and still they keep up with giving Brolly power from absolutely nowhere.

Just for messing with them I feel for making a webcomic with Brolly where he kicks ass, just to take, say, Chao-zu and make him super strong with the explanation: "Well, he was looked like as a threat for a while, right?".
That would make their blood boiling.
Not to start anything, but that would be incredibly petty of you.

In fact, I'd say the entirety of the 'anti-Broli' crowd has handled themselves incredibly poorly throughout this matter.
Of course, that wouldn't be a possible course of action. I am not the one to waste my time on revenge.
And I agree on that we have handled ourselves somewhat poorly, but that is almost always the case when the pro-side are all roses.
I think that much of the frustration has lead to irritation, as we first get Brolly rushing to Goku, then a flashback that didn't do anything good, and then Goku going SSJ3 and apparently being stopped!
He could atleast be pummeled a bit before Vegetto jumped in.
Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece wrote:
And to the whole Pro/Anti thing:

That's stupid. Stop it. We already have a Freeza, Cell, Majin Buu, Super Buu, Saiyan Survivors, and others that are far more powerful than they were in the series, we don't even know the extent of their strength.

We know that at least Super Buu is stronger than any of our Z-Senshi, why isn't anyone complaining about that? Is it because it's well founded? So is the reasoning for Brolys strength.

Broly is extremely powerful, has nearly infinite ki, and gets increasingly stronger as time passes. I mean, hell, we can't even be sure if the movies showcased his power completely, as when we see him there is always some handicap put on him (just breaking out from mind control, coming out of a frozen hibernation, being covered in some bio goo).

Not to mention the fact that this is an alternate dimension where he's gotten even stronger.

Frankly, I don't see what all of the complaining is about. I don't particularly love Broly but I think that all of this bitching and moaning is unjustified.
I can only speak for myself in this matter. Here goes:
Broly is just another overpowered Super Saiyan. I am kinda sick of seeing the Super Saiyan forms being thrown around all the time and higher forms being reached to be able to obtain more power.
Super Buu on one hand, is an interesting villain. He doesn't seem to be all purely evil, and has interacted in this fan manga just to have some more action. We know that he has absorbed different people and is thus strong.
Freeza is in my mind awesome, he is the only villain I can think of that hasn't got his power by a transformation of legend or by magic (Dabura's power prior to his Majinification is unknown).

And going by Dragonball's logic, you can't have unlimited power unless you have an energy reactor (which I guess was built like the core of the sun in a smaller scale), or some kind of magic (and it was found out that Majin Buu didn't have an unlimited amount if ki).
Which God or which force interacted with Brolly's power? How can he become stronger just like that?
Does he absorb ki around him? If so, how can his untrained body handle the power? Goku was well trained and Kaio-ken was too much for him, since he wasn't used to the bursts of energy that were very high above his main treshold.

The bitching and moaning is well justified, indeed. I don't get what people see in such a character, and why they insist on giving him that much power in their imagination.

But my main complaint should be that I didn't expect to see that many villains just to see a handful of them fighting and then Brolly emerged to destroy it all.

I knew that he was going to fight in the beginning, yes, but I "bitch" and "moan" because of that it was poorly executed.
Salagir et. al. have a long way to go, not art-wise, but story-wise, and so far the story seems like an ordinary fan-fiction. A bad one.
And I am not going to sweep my critisism into cotton. That's just decieving critisism. I'm just straight out honest with it and hope that others will do the same for me when I present my work in the future.

Merry Christmas to y'all anyways. We celebrate it the 24th here. :3

Maphisto86
Patreon Supporter

Post by Maphisto86 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:44 pm

Yeah I too would rather know why Broly is so strong other than OMG Legendary SUPA SAYAIN! :roll: Though unlike some of the other opinions flying around I admit that it would be possible for someone like Broly to match even Vegetto in power if given a good enough reason. I have often mentioned how Broly could possibly be so strong (though granted it too is a bit of a stretch) :idea:. If Son Goku could go from being weaker then most of his people to becoming the strongest individual warrior at the end of Dragonball then the "LSSJ" could as well.

Just my 2 cents. :oops:

P.S. You guys are right, GogetaJR really hit it home for this page, especially with how SSJ3 Goku was depicted. It's so cool it's hard to look at. 8)

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:07 pm

Maphisto86
Patreon Supporter

Post by Maphisto86 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:40 pm

It's PEOPLE! The Soylent Buu IS PEOPLLLLLLEEEEE!!!! :shock:

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:01 pm

I AM THE REAL KAKARROT!!

And so, it begins...