Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Attitudefan » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:52 pm

Zionist wrote:Bra or Videl...either or would do :lol:
YES!
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

TonyTheTiger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TonyTheTiger » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:00 pm

Zionist wrote:Bra or Videl...either or would do :lol:
Yeah, I'm unilaterally expanding the original pact, if you don't mind. U16 Bra is still the #1 choice but U9 Videl would be an acceptable counteroffer from Salagir & Gogeta Jr.

Has anybody made the suggestion to them? I get nothin' in the official comments. 8)

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:22 pm

Goku as a woman....now THAT would make for an interesting universe.
It would also make for a very disturbing universe, as he (she?) would probably have ended up with Yamucha....or Vegeta.

Gokuman1993
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gokuman1993 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:51 pm

batistabus wrote:Goku as a woman....now THAT would make for an interesting universe.
It would also make for a very disturbing universe, as he (she?) would probably have ended up with Yamucha....or Vegeta.
Actually, if Goku was a woman, then everyone else would be genderbent (inculding Vegeta and Yamcha), so Goku would be with a male Chi-Chi.

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:30 pm

batistabus wrote:Goku as a woman....now THAT would make for an interesting universe.
no.. just, no! I don't even want to think about that shit! NEVER!!!
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

TonyTheTiger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TonyTheTiger » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:03 pm

Gadzooks! :D

Oh, and...
TonyTheTiger wrote:
Ussj Future Trunks wrote:Yaaay the good art is back. At last. U9 is such a mystery, I wonder if this Trunks will fight? And that title is intruiging. Disclosure of hidden characters?
In some of the early pages, whenever you'd see Tapion there would be some weird shadowy figure behind him. That's the only hidden character I can think of at the moment other than the guys we specifically haven't seen at all like XXI.
:mrgreen:

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:49 pm

Dr.Raichi,interesting :D Its official,standing in shadows make you look more badass :lol:
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:27 pm

Hmm, interesting. So in DBM canon maybe it was XXI's plan to only make it possible for humans of the lower realm to draw the sword out. And since no human is allowed on the Kaioshin Planet, no one would get the idea to teleport one up there.

And Videl is not that strong afterall.
And Dr. Raichi?? I wonder how they are going to incorporate him into Tapion's story. And this guy in the shadows also reeks of mystery.

Definetly an interesting page and the best one out of this chapter so far.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:58 pm

dbgtFO wrote:Hmm, interesting. So in DBM canon maybe it was XXI's plan to only make it possible for humans of the lower realm to draw the sword out. And since no human is allowed on the Kaioshin Planet, no one would get the idea to teleport one up there.
Or to just make it specifically difficult for the Kaioshins to draw it out since they were their enemy. His objective could have been that simple.

kaialone
Regular

Post by kaialone » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:05 pm

Tapion is hanging out with some grumpy fellas.

Wait, why is Tapion hanging out with Raichi?
-凯

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:16 pm

kaialone wrote:Tapion is hanging out with some grumpy fellas.

Wait, why is Tapion hanging out with Raichi?
Who knows? We will find out hopefully.

By the way, this theory that the sword was especially protected against the Kaioshins fixes the plot hole of Buff Buu (Buu with South Kaioshin absorbed) being stronger than Super Buu.

For him to be stronger than Super Buu, South Kaioshin should have been pretty strong... At least for those of us who believe that Super Buu is much stronger than Kid Buu.

However, since no Kaioshin had been able to pull the sword and SSJ Gohan did it, how strong could he have been? This is what creates the plot hole, the inconsistency.

With this theory, this is fixed and South Kaioshin can be pretty strong without being somewhat illogical.

In fact, Salagir has already stated early on that he thinks that he very strong, so I would expect him to be at least at SSJ2 level in DBM.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:51 pm

There's a chance it could be Garlic Jr...right guys? Right? Please?

I really want a Garlic Jr. universe...

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:58 pm

Someone said in the comments of the DBM website that it might be Janemba, given that its like the "movie universe".

Janemba or Garlic Jr would be interesting.

(Of course, if it is Janemba, he actually learned to talk :lol: )

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:16 pm

rereboy wrote:Someone said in the comments of the DBM website that it might be Janemba, given that its like the "movie universe".

Janemba or Garlic Jr would be interesting.
Unless they've undergone some great physical change since their appearance here, I doubt it. The body silhouette in the first panel the character appears in has a rather thin frame. It reminds me a Miira, but I don't think it is him either. It could very well be a new character they've created, because none of the movie characters really fit what we've been shown so far.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:35 pm

Now that I look at it more, it looks most like Janemba. He has the ears, he has the eyes, and he has those weird shoulder things that are a different color than his neck. But how can he talk?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:44 pm

batistabus wrote:Now that I look at it more, it looks most like Janemba. He has the ears, he has the eyes, and he has those weird shoulder things that are a different color than his neck. But how can he talk?
No tail, no Janenba...
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Super Saiyajin Luffy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Super Saiyajin Luffy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:49 pm

Lord Slug or King Piccolo could be a possibility, too.
But what is Raichi doing here???
It makes sense, that the Z-sword could be protected against the Kaioshins.
A dangerous Kaioshin was sealed in the sword, only Kaioshins and alikes are usually allowed to enter the Kaioshin realm. Whoever sealed the Kaioshin in the Z-Sword, he was purely a genious xD.
DragonBall Xenoverse Fighting Mechanics breakdown
The DragonBall Xenoverse pre-release Q&A and general information post
Rukura about Sparking Omega wrote:I'm imagining people from Namco Bandai looking at these big sites talking about the announcement and them going "Wait....what?! Did we do that? Are we doing that? *turns to Spike* Are you people doing that?"
DB Xenoverse is not a DBZ simulator with fighting elements, it's a semi competent fighting/action game with DBZ simulation elements.

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:36 am

How I would love for the 'ultimate villain' to be some sort of incarnation of Piccolo. But nah, probably not.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:29 am

He also can be Garlic senior.

JJ94

Post by JJ94 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:32 am

I doubt it but what if it were the nameless namek that had split into piccolo and kami. It would be cool if they give him a role in the story.