Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:16 pm

Universe 16 is the best universe of all.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:54 am

Salagir2 wrote:
Dayspring wrote:The whole "subscribed" thing is "Frenglish.".
Yes. Still not fluent in English. Just saw latest James Bond and didn't understand most of the dialogs. Bad movie though.
SSj Rambo will help with this I hope :)
Yes I will! I'll get to work as soon as I can (I got your e-mail by the way).

jordand

A review

Post by jordand » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:34 pm

Dragonball Multi-Verse review:
Dragonball multi-verse is yet another Dragonball web-comic among the others that are popping up on the web as of late. It takes characters from the series (at all points in time) and brings them all together for the ultimate selection of "what-if" fights. It's an excellent idea and actually has tons of potential. It even includes some new characters with interesting back-stories. However, I think that's where this comic takes its fall. Instead of focusing on what a majority of people would like to see ( an amazing roster of "what-if" battles), it focuses more on the interaction of the alternate universes and even strays into irrelevant introductions of new characters. The overall idea of everything is nice and like i have stated a few times, has an amazing amount of potential. I hope you aren't taking this the wrong way, I am simply trying to help you unleash you hidden potential(gohan pun intended).
Lacking from this story though, which is really holding it down; is an overall plot. And by plot i mean story. So far there hasn't been any indication that this comic will even have one. If it was made to display battles that many would like to see then that's great, but if thats the case then you need to feature more. And so far to be honest there hasn't been any drop-jaw battles. So if any type of story is to develop I would think it should be brought in soon.
I would rank this web-comic second, Falling short only to Toyble's Dragonball AF series(In both plot and art; which is still incredible by its own standards by the way). DBM does have something that separates itself from others, and thats its consistent update times. Two pages a week. Already having amassed to 60 pages. While it is very nice to have, I think it would to be a more enjoyable read to have a couple pages at one time. I think fans would be more than willing to wait a week for 2-3 pages or two weeks for 4-6 pages to be released at once. Just a suggestion.
With all that aside, I would still recommend that DBM earns a spot on your bookmarks as it will be very interesting to see just where this comic goes. Keep up the good work guys ( and please don't flame me, haha)
-jordand

uhm what do you guys think of my review?

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Re: A review

Post by SSj_Rambo » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:28 pm

jordand wrote:uhm what do you guys think of my review?
That is a very well written review, and I totally respect your opinions...but there are some things I disagree with.

-First off, I see where you're coming from with the "spends to much time on back-stories and not enough on the fights" but with the comic only 60 pages into the story, I think that is too soon to tell if "too much" of the story if going to be spent on character interaction. Granted that at this point it could definitely seem like the storie is a little lacking in the amount fighting vs talking, but I believe that by the end of the series there will be a healthy ratio.

-Secondly, I like the story of DBM much more than DBAF, but I think that that is mainly due to the fact that DBAF is too much of a GT knock-off to me (my own opinion of course). Now when it comes to the art, I definitely say that DBM surpasses DBAF in that category. Excluding the fact that many of the panels in AF are traced from the manga, the art in DBM seems much more "clean" and visually pleasing to me. There's also the fact that DBM features immaculately colored pages that DBAF has nothing to compare to.

-And personally, I prefer the 2 pages a week system over Toybles 4-6 page blocks.

DNA
I Live Here

Re: A review

Post by DNA » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:35 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:
-And personally, I prefer the 2 pages a week system over Toybles 4-6 page blocks.
You mean Toyble's random number of pages in a random date each month =P

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:07 pm

New page has our Uub fighting a guy who uses a rocketpack to fly. I wonder if all their tech means they're weaklings who will be able to do pretty well.

Find it weird that Uub wants "Vegeta-Sama" to acknowledge him... :?
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:15 pm

Nio, Comments section wrote:Oh Snap. Vegito is in the house. Go home everyone. Your winner is right here.
I like this guy.

Saiyan-Professor
I Live Here

Post by Saiyan-Professor » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:15 pm

Dayspring wrote:Find it weird that Uub wants "Vegeta-Sama" to acknowledge him... :?
Regardless of how someone may feel about Vegeta’s demeanor or attitude if they are a true practitioner of the martial arts, they would have to recognize his status as one of the two greatest fighters that had ever lived. Technically speaking Uub would have the # 3 spot right behind Vegeta if you were counting the number of transformations as a means to determining who is the strongest.
Rocketman wrote:
Nio, Comments section wrote:Oh Snap. Vegito is in the house. Go home everyone. Your winner is right here.
I like this guy.
Vegetto may win the whole thing but my boy Broli will give him one hell of a fight. Salagir2 did not say who will win the fight but he said that I would not be disappointed with Broli’s performance. This is a good thing because in my top five Broli and Vegetto take the second and third place slots right after Vegeta. :D
The Saiyans are very much like the Klingons and Jem'Hadar.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:29 pm

Saiyan-Professor wrote:Vegetto may win the whole thing but my boy Broli will give him one hell of a fight. Salagir2 did not say who will win the fight but he said that I would not be disappointed with Broli’s performance. This is a good thing because in my top five Broli and Vegetto take the second and third place slots right after Vegeta. :D
I will burn down his house if he has Broly defeat Vegetto.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:31 pm

My money is--impossibly--on Nerdy Gohan winning.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Saiyan-Professor
I Live Here

Post by Saiyan-Professor » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:39 pm

Rocketman wrote:I will burn down his house if he has Broly defeat Vegetto.
I am happy regardless if Vegetto or Broli wins I just want to see two of my favorite Saiyans go at it in battle. :)
JulieYBM wrote:My money is--impossibly--on Nerdy Gohan winning.
If that happens I will burn down his house instead of Rocketman. :evil:
The Saiyans are very much like the Klingons and Jem'Hadar.

Snail
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Snail » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:05 am

I wonder how the events within Universe 19 played out. Normal humans with high-tech gear? Who or what were they based upon I wonder.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:25 am

Snail wrote:I wonder how the events within Universe 19 played out. Normal humans with high-tech gear? Who or what were they based upon I wonder.
I thought they were Tsufruians?
She/Her
bisexual milf

Eison
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Eison » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:09 pm

I once asked him and he said:
By the way, who are the people from universe 19, are they Saiyans from Planet Plant that instead of a war, breed with the Tuffles and form the ultimate warriors?

Whoever you want in this list. Their universe diverted from 18's a very long time ago, and no comparison is possible.
(The red line is mine, the black line is from Salagir).

Does anybody know what the name-pun of Tidar is?

Snail

Post by Snail » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:51 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
Snail wrote:I wonder how the events within Universe 19 played out. Normal humans with high-tech gear? Who or what were they based upon I wonder.
I thought they were Tsufruians?
Unless I missed a panel that distinctively describes the contestants of Universe 19 as so, I have no clue.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:46 pm

Rocketman wrote:
Saiyan-Professor wrote:Vegetto may win the whole thing but my boy Broli will give him one hell of a fight. Salagir2 did not say who will win the fight but he said that I would not be disappointed with Broli’s performance. This is a good thing because in my top five Broli and Vegetto take the second and third place slots right after Vegeta. :D
I'll bring the gas :twisted:
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Wojak
Regular

Post by Wojak » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:22 am

SSJ2bardock wrote:
Rocketman wrote:
I'll bring the gas :twisted:
And I the matches! :twisted:
No more time for Daizex. Goodbye folks!

Snail

Post by Snail » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:28 am

And I, the fire brigade. Screw the lot of you, I'm a Broly fanboy! *BLARGH!! *no logic *incessant screaming.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:07 pm

I'm glad to see Vegetto and Uub getting a chance to fight but so far the only character I'm interested in seeing now is Bra from Universe 16. I get the impression she can knock out a few teeth.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:27 am

Oh man, this Bra is the daughter of Vegetto! :shock:
She/Her
bisexual milf