Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Noah » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:23 pm

I've been reading old posts of this thread by the time of Vegetto vs Broly match, so much whining for god's sake :lol:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:28 pm

It's so infuriating how Bra is giving SSJ Gotenks trouble.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:04 pm

Doctor. wrote:It's so infuriating how Bra is giving SSJ Gotenks trouble.
Why? She's the daughter of Vegetto. Of course she's going to be strong. She's probably been training her whole life.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:37 pm

I'm pretty sure even Mr. Satan could beat Gotenks if Toriyama found a gag that's funny enough for it to happen :P

Gotenks has always been a joke character.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:03 am

At least she isn't doing it in base.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:06 am

Why she was just fighting Ultimate Gohan.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:02 am

Anime Kitten wrote:
Why? She's the daughter of Vegetto. Of course she's going to be strong. She's probably been training her whole life.
It's Gotenks. We're talking about the third strongest character in the universe here. I think DBM Gotenks is even stronger than manga Gotenks and superior to Ultimate Gohan (which would make him the second strongest), but I'm not sure on that, so don't quote me.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:20 am

Goten and Trunks never took training seriously, wouldnt be surprised if they are weaker now, than in Buu Saga, look what happened with Gohan
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:22 am

Probably Gohan is still superior, but I have my doubts too
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:41 am

Doctor. wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:
It's Gotenks. We're talking about the third strongest character in the universe here. I think DBM Gotenks is even stronger than manga Gotenks and superior to Ultimate Gohan (which would make him the second strongest), but I'm not sure on that, so don't quote me.
And Vegetto is the strongest, with Bra being a light version of Vegetto regarding power. Besides, it was stated in DBM that even though Gotenks' power evolved due to becoming adults, they still don't train.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:49 am

Ugh, I feel awful. I was supposed to have the special chapter I'm working on finished by this month but I got smacked with over duty at my job (among other things I'm trying to finish). I'm just waiting for next month when the hours are more laxed then I can finally find time to finish it.

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:11 am

So, Gotenks is going to lose? A half breed fusion is going to lose to a child of a fusion. And that child is like what 5 years old? It's embarrassing to see what kind of length Salagir will do just to make his waifu look ultra super good.
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:55 pm

FoolsGil wrote:Maybe it's time for Salagir to look into patreon.
And risk getting sued by the DB rights holder? Not a good idea.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:17 pm

A dumb webcomic but at least we see below how Cold is already sliced in half.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:44 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
I never understood this reason. It shouldn't matter who your parents are, it doesn't define your strengths aside from you being a Saiyan. Manga like Naruto actually specified this. That's just a shit reason for Bra to be as OP as she is.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:47 pm

fexus wrote:So, Gotenks is going to lose? A half breed fusion is going to lose to a child of a fusion. And that child is like what 5 years old? It's embarrassing to see what kind of length Salagir will do just to make his waifu look ultra super good.
Why would he lose...? Bra has just managed to get her SSJ, which she can use to fight SSJ Gotenk with, but Gotenks can go all the way to SSJ3 and he isn't even fighting as seriously as he can. If Gotenks really wanted to, he would just use his SSJ2 or SSJ3 and he would KO Pan in a second or two.

Honestly, the Bra hate continues to be ridiculous, it even blinds people to elementary logic.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:50 pm

rereboy wrote:Honestly, the Bra hate continues to be ridiculous, it even blinds people to elementary logic.
I can't understand how someone could sit there and say that Bra is a good character and doesn't deserve the hate that she gets. She isn't a good character, at all. She's overly OP for no fucking reason without any character progression in the story other than "oh no, I'm too strong and don't know how to control my powers yet boo hoo" and even then I wouldn't call that progression.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:53 pm

ryou766 wrote:
I never understood this reason. It shouldn't matter who your parents are, it doesn't define your strengths aside from you being a Saiyan.
That's simply your interpretation. Another valid interpretation is the strength of the Saiyan being a great influence on the strength of his offspring, which not only makes sense for a race like the Saiyans but it also helps explain how Goten and Trunks manage to be so strong in the Buu saga without any real training, not the mention all the unknown factors in play due to magical nature of a fusion. DBM seems to go with this last interpretation, which is perfectly valid.
Manga like Naruto actually specified this. That's just a shit reason for Bra to be as OP as she is.
Naruto has nothing to do with Dragon Ball or DBM.
ryou766 wrote:
I can't understand how someone could sit there and say that Bra is a good character and doesn't deserve the hate that she gets. She isn't a good character, at all. She's overly OP for no fucking reason without any character progression in the story other than "oh no, I'm too strong and don't know how to control my powers yet boo hoo" and even then I wouldn't call that progression.
If someone thinks that Bra isn't a good character, just comment once or twice that she isn't a good character. Repeating ad nauseam basically the same thing, almost every single time that she does something, often to the point that it even exaggerates and ignores basic stuff, like the fact that Gotenks has SSJ2 and SSJ3, is just blind bashing and is ridiculous.
Last edited by rereboy on Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:59 pm

rereboy wrote:That's simply your interpretation. Another valid interpretation is the strength of the Saiyan being a great influence on the strength of his offspring, which not only makes sense for a race like the Saiyans but it also helps explain how Goten and Trunks manage to be so strong in the Buu saga without any real training, not the mention all the unknown factors in play due to magical nature of a fusion. DBM seems to go with this last interpretation, which is perfectly valid.
If she had good potential because she was a hybrid, then that would be fine by me and it would make a lot of sense because we KNOW that hybrids have more potential than actual full blooded Saiyans. But thus far the only explanation for her stupidly OP feats is because she's the daughter of Goku and Vegeta - which shouldn't matter. It's not valid at all, and I believe you're just telling YOURSELF that. Who your parents shouldn't define your strengths. That's plain and simple. If my father was Michael Jordan, would that mean I'm naturally gifted in basketball? No, it wouldn't because who my father or mother is doesn't matter. Know what I believe plays a big part in why people support Bra? because she's an actual "badass" female Super Saiyan who isn't Goku and is stronger than the main characters we know. So don't give me that.
Naruto has nothing to do with Dragon Ball or DBM.
It was an example and a valid one at that, so again, don't give me that.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:09 pm

ryou766 wrote:
If she had good potential because she was a hybrid, then that would be fine by me and it would make a lot of sense because we KNOW that hybrids have more potential than actual full blooded Saiyans. But thus far the only explanation for her stupidly OP feats is because she's the daughter of Goku and Vegeta - which shouldn't matter. It's not valid at all, and I believe you're just telling YOURSELF that. Who your parents shouldn't define your strengths. That's plain and simple. If my father was Michael Jordan, would that mean I'm naturally gifted in basketball? No, it wouldn't because who my father or mother is doesn't matter. Know what I believe plays a big part in why people support Bra? because she's an actual "badass" female Super Saiyan who isn't Goku and is stronger than the main characters we know. So don't give me that.
I've just given you an explanation that makes sense, one that has existed in the fandom for a long time to explain how Goten and Trunks are so strong in the Buu saga, and the one that DBM seems to use: a stronger saiyan has a better change of producing a stronger/higher potential offspring. Therefore, Bra should be that strong considering how strong Vegetto is.

If you prefer another interpretation or if you would do things differently, that's fine. But there's a difference between our preference and what is a valid interpretation. And this interpretation is valid.
It was an example and a valid one at that, so again, don't give me that.
Not really, you just looked at how things work in another completely different manga like it had any kind of influence on how things work in Dragon Ball. It's the equivalent of me looking at Toriko and realizing that eating rare foodstuff makes you strong and that most of the fighters are possessed by gourmet demons, and thus that should play a part or have any kind of influence in Dragon Ball or DBM.