Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:07 pm

This is what I meant with Vegetto being written like a blank slate/new character, or just Vegeta dominated. Gohan essentially did more or less what Goku would've done-not sure how Goku feels about boardgames- The Goku in Vegetto should have remembered what it was like training Gohan for the Cell Games and if the assumed Vegeta style training didn't work, he should have pivoted to that, instead of giving up.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:09 pm

FoolsGil wrote:
This is what I meant with Vegetto being written like a blank slate. Gohan essentially did more or less what Goku would've done-not sure how Goku feels about boardgames- The Goku in Vegetto should have remembered what it was like training Gohan for the Cell Games and if the assumed Vegeta style training didn't work, he should have pivoted to that, instead of giving up.
Yeah, if he was simply Goku. But he is also Vegeta, and Vegeta completely ignored Trunks when he was on Rosat and wouldn't have the patience to deal with Bra for a hour, let alone more than 2 days.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:13 pm

rereboy wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:
This is what I meant with Vegetto being written like a blank slate. Gohan essentially did more or less what Goku would've done-not sure how Goku feels about boardgames- The Goku in Vegetto should have remembered what it was like training Gohan for the Cell Games and if the assumed Vegeta style training didn't work, he should have pivoted to that, instead of giving up.
Yeah, if he was simply Goku. But he is also Vegeta, and Vegeta completely ignored Trunks when he was on Rosat and wouldn't have the patience to deal with Bra for a hour, let alone more than 2 days.
Cell arc Vegeta ignored Trunks, let us remember this.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:26 pm

rereboy wrote:
So, him having any Goku at all is why he lasted two days or tried at all with Bra? There's nothing else from their fusion that Vegetto could get out of Goku? That's not good, at all. He's supposed to be of two minds, memories and souls, Goku shouldn't only come out when its most convenient for a storytelling perspective and he's a hard ass or angsting or being a baby 99.9% of the time.
Last edited by FoolsGil on Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:28 pm

I'm agreeing with you, I said that it was Cell arc Vegeta that ignored Trunks. Whilst Vegetto is a product of BOO ARC Vegeta and Goku.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:30 pm

Doctor. wrote:I'm agreeing with you, I said that it was Cell arc Vegeta that ignored Trunks. Whilst Vegetto is a product of BOO ARC Vegeta and Goku.
Oh, my bad.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:22 pm

Doctor. wrote:
rereboy wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:
Cell arc Vegeta ignored Trunks, let us remember this.
Buu arc Vegeta still basically payed no attention to him. He hadn't even noticed how strong he was and that he was a SSJ, which means that he never trained with him at all. He was better than his Cell arc self but he still wouldn't last one hour with Bra.
FoolsGil wrote:
So, him having any Goku at all is why he lasted two days or tried at all with Bra? There's nothing else from their fusion that Vegetto could get out of Goku?
Of course he has, I'm just saying that because of his Vegeta part he doesn't enough patience. If he acted like Gohan did, it would be like there was no Vegeta in him.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:40 pm

They forgot to draw the outlines around Gohan's mystic eyes in the 5th panel.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:22 pm

Calling it now: Bra sucker punches Trunks after she gets out. XD
Marco Polo wrote:They forgot to draw the outlines around Gohan's mystic eyes in the 5th panel.
I think that was intentional. Gohan isn't being serious. He's being a loving parent/brother/uncle/whatever. XD

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:20 am

I can't believe Bra got angry enough to turn Super Saiyan all because of a phony "you fight like a girl" line. That's so ridiculous, it's actually kind of funny. Next, Gohan will get a rage boost if Bra calls him four eyes.

Speaking of Gohan, did he seriously just use "nervosity" in a sentence? Man, he's been hitting those scholarly books a little too hard, it seems!

I do look forward to Pan showing up in this special. Maybe she'll help Bra mellow out a bit.
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:14 am

Vegeta only truly changed when he had his 'revelation' moment at the end of the Boo arc, when he finally admitted that Goku was better than him. But Vegetto predates that, so I can see him turning out like this.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:48 am

Even after that revelation moment, I doubt he would suddenly be patient.

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:01 am

That, too. Even after his revelation he was very impatient when the Earthlings wouldn't give their energy for the Genkidama...
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:04 am

Exactly. Vegetto not having much patience, but still much more than Vegeta would, falls perfectly in line with that.

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:56 am

You guys are acting like Vegito can't learn at all. He have both Goku and Vegeta. Why the hell should the Vegeta side be more dominant. What Vegito should have acted like is that he would get angry but quickly calm back down and started teaching again. Quitting isn't the way Vegito should be handling this training.
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:19 am

fexus wrote:Why the hell should the Vegeta side be more dominant.
The point is that he isn't actually dominant. The middle ground between being patient and being very impatient is being kind of impatient.
fexus wrote:What Vegito should have acted like is that he would get angry but quickly calm back down and started teaching again.
He was there for two and half days. Surely what you described happened numerous times or else he would have left much earlier.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:05 am

rereboy wrote:
fexus wrote:Why the hell should the Vegeta side be more dominant.
The point is that he isn't actually dominant. The middle ground between being patient and being very impatient is being kind of impatient.
fexus wrote:What Vegito should have acted like is that he would get angry but quickly calm back down and started teaching again.
He was there for two and half days. Surely what you described happened numerous times or else he would have left much earlier.
a fusion with Goku isn't supposed to just keep Vegetto in line when its story convenient, like being extra patient, but still unable to use proper planning or his own memories or compassion-a big thing for Goku- to figure out the root of Bra's problem and not be able to pivot. Just, completely unable to pivot to a different training style. That's another thing - Vegetto is way too hard headed. Vegeta is hard headed. Goku is willing to try new things. Vegetto should be hard headed to a point, and then realize this isn't working, and move in a different direction. Not just keep trying to same shtick for two days because he's extra patient.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:46 am

I do agree that outside of fighting, Vegetto is basically Vegeta. Gohan would have more patience with Bra, but I'm shocked that he didn't used the same training method as Goku used for Gohan.

Also, Vegeta shouldn't be that evil or impatient. Although he didn't get his final character development from the Kid Buu fight, he still blow himself up and accepted going to Hell to save his family and showed real regret for reviving Buu. If anything, the Vegeta side of Vegetto should be happy since he's the strongest thing in existence, just as Vegeta always wanted.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:47 am

Puto wrote:That, too. Even after his revelation he was very impatient when the Earthlings wouldn't give their energy for the Genkidama...
To be fair, even Goku lost his patience and so did Mr. Satan.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:42 am

FoolsGil wrote:a fusion with Goku isn't supposed to just keep Vegetto in line when its story convenient, like being extra patient, but still unable to use proper planning or his own memories or compassion-a big thing for Goku- to figure out the root of Bra's problem and not be able to pivot. Just, completely unable to pivot to a different training style. That's another thing - Vegetto is way too hard headed. Vegeta is hard headed. Goku is willing to try new things. Vegetto should be hard headed to a point, and then realize this isn't working, and move in a different direction. Not just keep trying to same shtick for two days because he's extra patient.
You have no idea what strategies Vegetto used in regards to Bra and if he didn't try several things, "pivoting" between them as you mentioned. He was there for two and half days, not just a few hours. You just saw him losing patience after two and half days and seem to be assuming that he was one-note during all that time.

If Vegetto didn't quit at all, if he didn't lose his patience, he would be much closer to Goku and that sounds good because it's a better positive attitude for him to have, but it's not necessarily a better middle ground between the two characters.