DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by KaiserNeko » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:33 pm

I'm going to keep this short as I am very, extremely tired from a weekend away from home full of drinking, partying, and traveling.

One of our members has bronchitis, we can't finish things up until he's better, so just hang tight guys and please understand we've had things to take care of.

Thank you, and see you soon with the next part.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

jda95
Advanced Regular

Post by jda95 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:35 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:I'm going to keep this short as I am very, extremely tired from a weekend away from home full of drinking, partying, and traveling.

One of our members has bronchitis, we can't finish things up until he's better, so just hang tight guys and please understand we've had things to take care of.

It's always a shame we have to wait, but obviously the wellbeing of the people who bring it to us has to come first. Get well soon, TFS.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:11 am

jda95 wrote:
KaiserNeko wrote:I'm going to keep this short as I am very, extremely tired from a weekend away from home full of drinking, partying, and traveling.

It's always a shame we have to wait, but obviously the wellbeing of the people who bring it to us has to come first. Get well soon, TFS.

Also hoping the member who's fallen ill gets well soon. Take care.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:16 am

*Inserts "If it's Lanipator than he could still voice Piccolo" joke*

All horrible health jokes aside, hoping said member gets better soon.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:40 am

Ouch, bronchitis. That's crap, hope they get better soon.

Hope it was a badass weekend of partying btw ;)

-Corey

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:42 am

A bit of a correction on your transcript, SSJR:
SSj_Rambo wrote:Goku: Times...

Vegeta: No, no, no...

Goku: 4!

Vegeta: No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no! FUUUUUU...

[...]

Vegeta: ...UUUUUUUCK! Huh, huh, huh. Son of a Bitch! This can't be happening! I'm the prince! I'm supposed to be the best by default!
Took me a second watching of the episode to finally catch that Vegeta's swearing was actually broken off by the cut to "the ranch" and continued afterward :P.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

jda95
Advanced Regular

Post by jda95 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:47 am

Chuquita wrote:
jda95 wrote:

Also hoping the member who's fallen ill gets well soon. Take care.
Woops, I meant that. Just my stupid wording, because I didn't know who was sick. :P

kaioken12
Beyond Newbie

Post by kaioken12 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:14 am

SSj_Rambo wrote: Here's the dialogue for part 1 of episode 10:
Ah great, thank you very much.
"file minion" helped me already out, I didn't catch that phrase - I thought it had something to do with being the opposite of beef jerky, but I couldn't manage to grab it ^^

Did you do that by yourself or do you have some scripts that you could share?
If that was done manually, then even more thanks for the hard work!! :)

Ah yeah, things to take care of... sure :roll:

(just kidding, it's no big deal, you have my sympathy for having to deal with all these people who give you a hard time for not being done with it yet)

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:30 am

kaioken12 wrote:

Ah yeah, things to take care of... sure :roll:

(just kidding, it's no big deal, you have my sympathy for having to deal with all these people who give you a hard time for not being done with it yet)
xD Yeah, I had a convention to go to, and I needed the time off like nobody's business. BTW:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm0V0UVqFtQ&fmt=18

Enjoy. =3
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

jda95
Advanced Regular

Post by jda95 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:33 am

Vegeta's constant eye shots and 'What smells like deer?' had me in stitches.

SSj Gogito
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSj Gogito » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:41 am

LOL "Whats going on guys, We won right"
Where's The Beef

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:05 am

kaioken12 wrote:
SSj_Rambo wrote: Here's the dialogue for part 1 of episode 10:
Ah great, thank you very much.
"file minion" helped me already out, I didn't catch that phrase - I thought it had something to do with being the opposite of beef jerky, but I couldn't manage to grab it ^^

Did you do that by yourself or do you have some scripts that you could share?
If that was done manually, then even more thanks for the hard work!! :)
Yep, it was all done manually. And I realize I forgot to go back and correct my on-the-fly spelling of "file minion", it's supposed to be "filet mignon".

Kuhan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kuhan » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:31 am

"This is worse than that time I was in high school! And everyone called me Geeko, and I couldn't get Chi-Chi to like me, and I was Piccolo's minion... Wow, I hit my head harder than I thought."

"What's the opposite of Christopher Walken? Christopher Reeve!"

"...but you still haven't taken my prid---Ow, my pride!"

"It's our last hope"
"And you're giving it to me?"
"I'm kind of out of options"
"Holy crap, so this is what being important feels like!"

EDIT: Wait... who was sick? There were only 3 people in the episode...
Last edited by Kuhan on Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
[quote="Masako-kun / MasakoX as Goku"]This is worse than that time I was in high school! And all the guys called me Geeko, and I was Piccolo's slave, and I couldn't get Chi-Chi to like me... Oh wow, I hit that rock harder than I thought.[/quote]
Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/kuhan

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:36 am

Kuhan wrote: "What's the opposite of Christopher Walken?"
"Christopher Reeve!"
"That was in terrible taste!" -I agree with Goku, but his comment made it okay. Somehow.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:04 pm

Three things made my day with this episode:

1- Poking fun on the movie

2- The eye

3- Goku the squeaky toy

But the best part was... "Yajirobe saves the day"
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:34 pm

Yay, new episode (er, part of an episode, I guess).

Gotta say that the stab at the movie was a nice touch. Also had no idea at the amount of eye shots Vegeta got. Poor guy :D.

Best part was probably the incredibly inappropriate placing for the eyecatch. Nice touch replacing the old logo with the Abridged one.

Random inaudible fits of rage from Vegeta as he's blinded and Kuririn as the Genki Dama misses were nice touches, too.

A slight nitpick I had, though, was the whole deal with Yajirobe. If I remember correctly, he hasn't even been properly introduced to the abridged series yet and has only made a cameo during the "Make a Man out of You" video. Considering that the other fighters had some kind of introduction, I'm suspecting you guys might take some "creative licensing" as to who he really is...? I can just imagine you guys making him some random bum off the street in need of some food. Then again, that's pretty much who he is, so I guess it won't be that big of a stretch.

Also, I know a few people have complained about some of the wittier lines being delivered a bit too fast. The only time I've had this problem was in this episode with Vegeta's line right after "what smells like deer?"
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Kuhan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kuhan » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:58 pm

You need to start releasing this shit in HD[/size]
[quote="Masako-kun / MasakoX as Goku"]This is worse than that time I was in high school! And all the guys called me Geeko, and I was Piccolo's slave, and I couldn't get Chi-Chi to like me... Oh wow, I hit that rock harder than I thought.[/quote]
Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/kuhan

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:05 pm

Kuhan wrote:You need to start releasing this shit in HD
It would be helpful if HD footage existed for the series.

Beyond... ya' know... Kai, which is all of 10 episodes long, and Abridged is already past where Kai is...
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:08 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Kuhan wrote:You need to start releasing this shit in HD
It would be helpful if HD footage existed for the series.

Beyond... ya' know... Kai, which is all of 10 episodes long, and Abridged is already past where Kai is...
I think he means YouTube HD quality.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:21 pm

No thanks! I don't know if it's my puny little laptop or my 8 year old desktop, but YouTube HD is nothing but a headache for me. I have a fast enough connection but I'm lucky to get a maximum of 10fps. HD videos on YouTube are nigh unwatchable.