DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Sshadow5001 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:36 pm

Whats PLTLH.?
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:43 pm

Sshadow5001 wrote:Whats PLTLH.?
Klingon for "Done!" according to a quick thumbing through Google...
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

CaBrPi
Advanced Regular

Post by CaBrPi » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:44 pm

More stuff I'm hoping for:

Chaozu actually getting his sundae during the Boo saga
Goku being mad at Trunks (Freeza was just trying to deliver his pizzas!)
Mr. Popo being amused by everything during the Garlic, Jr. arc
Marron in general

Mostly the first two; I'm just excited to see what TFS does with Garlic, Jr.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:48 pm

I mainly want to see what Trunks' character will turn out like, and how he'll react Gokuu and Vegeta.

And whether or not this will be the end of Nappa's appearances (Mr. Satan might at least tie him into Season 3).
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:56 pm

Not really liking King Cold's voice, but I do like that you added the metallic filter to Mecha Freeza like Ayers had in Kai, even if it doesn't make a lot of sense. lol
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

CaBrPi
Advanced Regular

Post by CaBrPi » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:59 pm

^Yeah, I pretty much agree with TheDevil'sCorpse. King Cold's a little too high-pitched for my liking, but I'll probably get used to it as he becomes more and more integrated with the core cast.

That's how it goes, right?

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:26 pm

This final episode, the three parts of it, were absolutely hilarious, amazing even. They surpass everything you've done so far. I'm happy you joined all the parts into one episode, I was actually hoping you'd do this to the Season 1 finale too but that never happened.

Anyway, congrats, have some rest now for a while! :P

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:28 pm

DNA wrote:I'm happy you joined all the parts into one episode
Me too.

SRB2Unleashed
Regular

Post by SRB2Unleashed » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:31 pm

So I got around to the bonus scene.

GREAT teaser to Season 3 even if with making it a Star Wars parody.

Kaiser, is Garlic Jr gonna be 5 or so episodes, one big episode/movie/special, a Season 2.5, or should we just not worry about it? XD

I'm hoping for Season 3 in January or so just like how Season 1 ended in June and started back up with Season 2 in January.

Or sooner, I think we'll never know until it catches us by surprise.
GT isn't bad, just sucks ass in comparison to the other 2 animes.

Subscribe to me on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ImmaKrillinYT

Kuhan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kuhan » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:28 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Sshadow5001 wrote:Whats PLTLH.?
Klingon for "Done!" according to a quick thumbing through Google...
And since "Namekian" in the show is just Klingon, it would also be Namekian for "Done."
[quote="Masako-kun / MasakoX as Goku"]This is worse than that time I was in high school! And all the guys called me Geeko, and I was Piccolo's slave, and I couldn't get Chi-Chi to like me... Oh wow, I hit that rock harder than I thought.[/quote]
Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/kuhan

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:35 am

Just noticed that Goku makes that squeaky-toy noise from Season 1 when Freeza grabs him at "Bad Touch". XD

Parts 1, 2, and 3 really do stitch together nicely in the full version. I like how Mecha-Freeza has a bit of robotics to his voice. I've never seen an entire Star Wars movie, so I didn't get what exactly the extra-scene was parodying, but I still liked the suspense of it.

Looking forward to TFS' take on Garlic Jr. X3
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:47 am

Its parodying the ending scene from Ep.III, which, in a most hilarious manner, makes Darth Vader, who is probably the most well known and iconic villain in all of cinematic history, seem like a little bitch crying about his Padme, screaming the cliched "Nooooooooooooo!!!!!". Keep in mind this is the first time (in universe that is) full robotic Vader speaks. Even if you haven't seen the films, its still a funny scene regardless, mainly because of how awkward James Earl Jones sounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:37 am

That is one dramatic "NOOOOOOO!" XD
I can see how it fits Freeza's situation (and in a neat retroactive way).
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:06 am

Rob wrote:Y'know, I just realized the brilliance of the muffin button being on Freeza's ship.

Goku's Capsule ship was presumably reverse-engineered, as in the original series, from the remnants of the space pods left behind by the Saiyans. They had the wreckage of Raditz's pod, and Nappa's pod which Bulma inadvertently blew up, to work with; I'm not counting the pod that brought baby Kakarot to Earth unless it gets specifically mentioned by TFS.

Since the muffin button is on Freeza's ship, I'm suggesting that it exists in the space pods as well, and that Dr. Brief included that system in the construction of the Capsule ship without fully understanding its purpose. He probably assumed the component was part of the life support system, or something along those lines. Goku probably expected the button to be there out of some genetic memory.

Anyway, that's my theory...
That actually makes a lot of sense.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:04 am

Fantastic finale. The part that stood out to me the most was Dende's confession. I totally wasn't expecting it, and it was hilariously awkward. :lol:

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:48 am

Lol! That bonus scene was funny as hell, especially King Cold's voice. Who knew star wars music would strangely fit with the animation. And Frieza's robotic voice is perfect.

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:16 am

Kaio reacting just to get the others to ask him what had happened was awesome. It's a very personal pet peeve of mine when people do that to me, so it felt as if that joke were written especially "for" me.

And for a moment there during the Porunga scene, I thought for sure Gohan was going to say "Krillin! You're in da house!" but all things considered, I guess it would be too easy and not really funny, and would have messed up the "Krillin's still screaming" gag.
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:18 am

What was the joke with Chaozu and his sundae about? I didn't get it.
Insertclevername wrote:Its parodying the ending scene from Ep.III, which, in a most hilarious manner, makes Darth Vader, who is probably the most well known and iconic villain in all of cinematic history, seem like a little bitch crying about his Padme, screaming the cliched "Nooooooooooooo!!!!!". Keep in mind this is the first time (in universe that is) full robotic Vader speaks. Even if you haven't seen the films, its still a funny scene regardless, mainly because of how awkward James Earl Jones sounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s
I wonder how they'll handle the Trunks "NOOOOO!" scene. 8)
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Not really liking King Cold's voice, but I do like that you added the metallic filter to Mecha Freeza like Ayers had in Kai, even if it doesn't make a lot of sense. lol
I think King Cold's high-pitched voice is probably a joke, perhaps to go with his "Daddy's Little Princess" attitude towards Freeza.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:52 am

Piccolo Daimao wrote:What was the joke with Chaozu and his sundae about? I didn't get it.
Earlier, when Tenshinhan was talking about how death was meaningless because they had two sets of Dragon Balls and were literally waiting to be wished back, he commented on how it was literally Chaozu's second time, to which Chaozu said that if he died one more time, he got a free sundae.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:10 am

I liked the conversation between Popo and Shenron, don't know if you guys noticed but that was a huge foreshadowing of the Shadow Dragons Arc in GT.