DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Noah » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:32 am

I remember Kaiser mentioning they won't necessary do PTETSSJ in Christmas, but this movie will have some of it.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:10 pm

Still waiting for Cell vs Sailor Moon, it could used as a proper finale for SMA as well.

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by KaiserNeko » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:22 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:Still waiting for Cell vs Sailor Moon, it could used as a proper finale for SMA as well.
We're not doing a Sailor Moon one, and if we did it wouldn't be Sailor Moon Abridged.

While we have used a couple of Abridged actors for their characters (Remix as Kenshiro, Little Kuriboh as Yami Yugi, and Lanipator as Yusuke & Kuwabara specifically) we have actively avoided making them specifically their Abridged counterparts. With the exception of Kenshiro, but that was partially due to Inna promoting some rewrites that were too funny to pass up.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:47 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:Still waiting for Cell vs Sailor Moon, it could used as a proper finale for SMA as well.
We're not doing a Sailor Moon one, and if we did it wouldn't be Sailor Moon Abridged.

While we have used a couple of Abridged actors for their characters (Remix as Kenshiro, Little Kuriboh as Yami Yugi, and Lanipator as Yusuke & Kuwabara specifically) we have actively avoided making them specifically their Abridged counterparts. With the exception of Kenshiro, but that was partially due to Inna promoting some rewrites that were too funny to pass up.
Kenshiro vs Cell is my favorite so far. I also some how had never seen Dub Of The North Star before seeing it.
If you don't mind me asking what were you planning before the abridged style rewrite?

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:19 am

dario03 wrote:
KaiserNeko wrote:

Kenshiro vs Cell is my favorite so far. I also some how had never seen Dub Of The North Star before seeing it.
If you don't mind me asking what were you planning before the abridged style rewrite?
Literally, Kenshiro strides up, Cell mocks him, halfway through Kenshiro performs his technique, Cell shoots back more mockery, Kenshiro gives his classic, "You are already dead." line, Cell questions his sanity, and halfway through blows up. Kenshiro walks away, before Cell reforms and yells, "Anyone ever tell you, you're already an asshole!?" Short and sweet, but not quite as funny as what we ended up getting.

BTW, Friday's packs a serious punch.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:30 am

If Friday's is who I think it is, I'm really curious as to how that's going to play out considering how strong that person is and knowing Cell won't be killed by them since he has to be there for the main series.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:41 am

Well so far only 2 or 3 of these have involved an actual fight... it's possible the last one won't
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:43 am

It does. ;D

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:47 am

He'll just get bored and leave.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:57 am

I don't even know who it's going to be...
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Daisetsu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Daisetsu » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:00 am

Friday's Saitama, isn't it? He's the only one I can think of right now that can pack a serious punch.

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:15 am

KaiserNeko wrote:

Wait what? They weren't supposed to be the abridged versions? :shock: I dunno man. You coulda fooled me. They all seemed exactly like their abridged counterparts to me. How were they not exactly?

You mentioned one would be from some sort of western show, so imma guess Batman's next but could be anyone really. :P

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:33 am

Daisetsu wrote:Friday's Saitama, isn't it? He's the only one I can think of right now that can pack a serious punch.
Would make sense. Though it could be a boxing anime too, like Hajime no Ippo.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:11 am

Daisetsu wrote:Friday's Saitama, isn't it? He's the only one I can think of right now that can pack a serious punch.
Didn't they make a point about how hard it would be to do Saitama? Kaiser and Innaga? Mainly because of animation.
Last edited by dbzfan7 on Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:11 am

Personally I'll find it funny if Saitama loses worse than anyone else did

Personally I love OPM, but I can't stand the annoying Saitama fanboys. So I'd like to see something like this:

Saitama: Hey, are you the monster that's been causing all of the trouble lately?

Cell (noticing him): Hah, nice outfit. Who are you supposed to be?

Saitama: I'm Saitama. I'm a hero for a hobby, which means I beat up monsters like you.

Cell: Well far be it from me to tell you how to live your life, but did you ever consider picking a less dangerous hobby like, say, competitive bleach drinking?

Saitama: Whatever.

*punches him*
*the punch does nothing*

Cell: Is that it?

Saitama: You're pretty tough. How do you like this then? Super Move: Serious Series: Serious Punch!

*the punch still does nothing*

Cell: That was a little better. Raditz might have actually felt that one!

Saitama: I'm not done yet! Super Move: Super Serious Series: Super Serious Punch!

*There is a large shockwave but the punch still does nothing*

Cell: Okay, bored now.

*finger flicks Saitama's head off*

Cell: Well, that was anticlimactic...

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:50 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Personally I'll find it funny if Saitama loses worse than anyone else did

Personally I love OPM, but I can't stand the annoying Saitama fanboys.
As members of the Dragon Ball fanbase, we really don't have much room to talk. Every fanbase as it's bad eggs, I'm apart of a lot of fanbases with bad eggs. It's not fun.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:53 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Personally I love OPM, but I can't stand the annoying Saitama fanboys.
Saitama is basically a gag/parody character. There's no beating gag characters. Even in Super, Vegeta admitted not being a match for Arale (because she's a gag character).

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:07 pm

The big problem with a character like Saitama is that the limits of his strength have never been explicitly stated within his own universe. As such when other people try to quantify and strictly state what his power level is, they're making assumptions which don't really have any grounds. Especially considering that Saitama is a character who, by and large, operates via a running gag within his universe of being unbeatable. It's partially thematic, and partially comedic, but ultimately? Saitama has no place fighting other universe' characters and losing, or really... fighting them at all.

And again, you're all assuming it's gonna be Saitama this Friday.

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:37 pm

Maybe we'll get a Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma crossover and Soma will challenge Cell to a Shokugeki and decide the fate of the world with cooking (Cell at least has Chili Dogs down).
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:10 pm

Maybe instead of Saitama it'll be Genos.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!