Shonen Jump offering DragonBall manga for free download!?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ACCloud
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ACCloud » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:58 pm

Thanks for chapters 6 and 7 SSJRambo :D But the link for part 2 of English chapter 7 seems to be down. Could you please re-upload it?
Thanks.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:13 am

ACCloud wrote:Thanks for chapters 6 and 7 SSJRambo :D But the link for part 2 of English chapter 7 seems to be down. Could you please re-upload it?
Thanks.
Hmm, seems to be working for me. If it's still giving you problems, just let me know and I'll e-mail it to you... next weekend when I get back.
Last edited by SSj_Rambo on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ACCloud
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ACCloud » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:03 am

Yeah, I still keep getting 'Page Cannot be Found' messages after clicking on the download link. Oh well, thanks and have fun at Gonzaga :D

coinmanmat

Post by coinmanmat » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:13 am

^Well its possible Shueisha could have removed it

SaiyaMel
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyaMel » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:20 pm

Kinda sucks that so few pages are being released at a time per chapter...
Just Saiyan...

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:57 pm

SSj_Rambo, that program you use is awesome. Thanks to it, I could find a way to have high quality pictures when I noticed that the upper and lower part of the Jump window exactly shows half of the page: you just zoom to have the maximum resolution, then capture the picture of each half of a same page, then get the two together and edit the whole page apart in another editing program, and you get a high resolution page!!

It's too bad that it's limited to 30 days, cause that means I won't even be able to capture enough chapters to have the first Kanzenban, not even the first Tankobon! :cry:

Too bad the scrolling function won't work, cause it would make it faster: you'd just zoom, and it would automatically scroll to scan and get the two pages in high resolution. Unfortunately, it's the only function that won't work, cause when starting the process, the pictures totally disappear. But it's okay, the regular way is slower, but efficient too, thanks to the capture-what's-inside-the-window function. 8)

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:37 am

ACCloud wrote:Yeah, I still keep getting 'Page Cannot be Found' messages after clicking on the download link. Oh well, thanks and have fun at Gonzaga :D
Here it is, re-uploaded. And thank you, I had an AMAZING time!! Definitely the highlight of the summer. I definitely recomend Gonzaga to all of you college-bound people, by far the best college in the state, and possibly the whole Northwest.
Cold Skin wrote:SSj_Rambo, that program you use is awesome. Thanks to it, I could find a way to have high quality pictures when I noticed that the upper and lower part of the Jump window exactly shows half of the page: you just zoom to have the maximum resolution, then capture the picture of each half of a same page, then get the two together and edit the whole page apart in another editing program, and you get a high resolution page!!

It's too bad that it's limited to 30 days, cause that means I won't even be able to capture enough chapters to have the first Kanzenban, not even the first Tankobon! :cry:

Too bad the scrolling function won't work, cause it would make it faster: you'd just zoom, and it would automatically scroll to scan and get the two pages in high resolution. Unfortunately, it's the only function that won't work, cause when starting the process, the pictures totally disappear. But it's okay, the regular way is slower, but efficient too, thanks to the capture-what's-inside-the-window function. 8)
Yeah, I've thought of that, but the resolution I've been doing the pages at really is enough for someone who wants to just read the chapters. And what do you mean about limited to thirty days?

@Mike: Do you still need chapter 02 and that title page?

And here is chapter 008:

DB ch 008 English:
http://www.mediafire.com/?4umz2zmdywj

DB ch 008 Japanese:
http://www.mediafire.com/?rv2djayjmyw

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:37 am

SSj_Rambo wrote: Yeah, I've thought of that, but the resolution I've been doing the pages at really is enough for someone who wants to just read the chapters. And what do you mean about limited to thirty days?
Well it's a trial, so I can use it for 30 days only. Then, I have to buy the program. The thing is that I don't even know if it's possible, being French and the price being meant for dollars! I'm not quite used to buying things on the Internet and I don't like the idea much, but if it's possible, I might make an exception cause it's like a dream to have all the manga with the original Toriyama colors mostly respected. I'll see if it's possible and if it's SAFE. Man, I wish they gave that program for free.

Obviously, their are a few liberties taken, it will never be as if Toriyama did it all himself at the time, but I guess the result is quite close to what it's supposed to be in the end: Bulma's purple hair, Karin's blue fur, Piccolo' skin-like color for body circles, Super Saiyan aura being pure white...

I do prefer the original paper colors for their artistic feel, but it's also absolutely interesting to have every single page of the manga in more or less "official" manga colors, including artworks on chapter titles that are not included in Daizenshuu 1 because originally not in color, or chapter titles which have new colors. Since they seem to base themselves on the next full-color page/artwork Toriyama did, changing colors when he did, I wonder how they'll handle it for things he set various colors for in artworks but never set a particular color in the story itself, like high school Gohan's training outfit: will it be purple, or blue, or green? We'll find out... albeit in many many years!

Amigo Ten
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Amigo Ten » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:39 am

Wow. Is there any word on how long this will go on for, are is it really going to go on until the whole thing is done in full colour? And many thanks for the downloads.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:46 am

Amigo Ten wrote:Wow. Is there any word on how long this will go on for, are is it really going to go on until the whole thing is done in full colour? And many thanks for the downloads.
I'm curoious as same as you, it's looking nice))) I'm returning back in those days where the Shonen Jump released online comic books via chapters like that, but in original form, black & white scans, I read Dragon Ball and Saint Seiya
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:25 pm

Chapter 9 is here apparently.
Am I wrong if I guess that there's one chapter a week, every Wednesday?
It remains to be checked, but it might be their publishing schedule.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:33 pm

Cold Skin wrote:Chapter 9 is here apparently.
Am I wrong if I guess that there's one chapter a week, every Wednesday?
It remains to be checked, but it might be their publishing schedule.
I think they're trying to release a chapter every Friday. Anyway, here's ch 009:

Eng: http://www.mediafire.com/?0imn3mw5gjg
Jap: http://www.mediafire.com/?3zmjtytqwzt

Mike
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mike » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:35 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote: @Mike: Do you still need chapter 02 and that title page?
I managed to get chapter 02. I do still need the title page of the English chapter 03 though.

-Mike :)

Undercooked Sausage
Beyond Newbie

Post by Undercooked Sausage » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:37 pm

They really need to release this commercially.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:38 pm

Mike wrote:
SSj_Rambo wrote:@Mike: Do you still need chapter 02 and that title page?
I managed to get chapter 02. I do still need the title page of the English chapter 03 though.

-Mike :)
They actually didn't include the title page for that chapter, for some reason. I really wish they had, though.

Mike
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mike » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:49 pm

Wow that's pretty weird. Guess I'll just have to use the Japanese title page.

Thanks anyway,
Mike :D

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:07 am

So yeah, I'll just bump this. Service is still running, Dragonball is at chapter 11, One Piece at chapter 7, and another series, "Wasshoi! Wajimania" has been added as well. Like Kagijin and Anedoki, only the first chapter is available.

All chapters for the non-Dragonball seris are available, and the old Dragonball chapters can be accessed by playing around a bit with the URL.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:21 am

does anybody have any sweet individual downloads for chapters 10 and 11?

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:00 am

I've actaully been keeping up with the chapters, just didn't bump the thread to post them...

10 Eng
10 Jap
11 Eng
11 Jap

I thought it was funny how the English title page for chapter 11 says "chapter 10".

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:01 am

EDIT: Beaten to it by SSj_Rambo. Lol.