Your favorite DBZ Feature Film

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

johnnyboy

Your favorite DBZ Feature Film

Post by johnnyboy » Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:57 pm

Ok... what is your favorite Dragonball Z Feature Film and why? I liked the Brolly movie and the Dead Zone. The number one reason why I liked the Dead Zone is because of the part when Gohan eats that fruit stuff and halucinates. Hee-hee I almost like that little song as much as Head-Cha La!

Pirate Hunter

Post by Pirate Hunter » Sun Jan 25, 2004 8:06 pm

Hmmm.... I guess I would have to say the Dead Zone, Broly, and Cooler's Revenge. I like the Dead Zone because of the Gohan Hullucination scene, that was so freakin funny. I like the Broly one because Broly was pretty damn cool. And I liked Cooler's Revenge because the final fight between was pretty sweet! Yep that's pretty much it.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Jan 25, 2004 8:20 pm

Dunno why but for the last year I've been in a Saiyan/Freeza frenzy. As a result, my fav is the Bardock special, followed by movie 8, 3, 5 and 10. Then I like 9 and 12 a hell of a lot.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Sun Jan 25, 2004 8:35 pm

My favorite so far is probably 3. The plot was decent and well paced, and everybody got to fight. Movie 1 is a close second: also decent plot and pace, and drunk singing Gohan! The two Coola movies are also really...cool.

I think I may be the only person in the world who didn't like Movie 8.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Jan 25, 2004 8:46 pm

I think I may be the only person in the world who didn't like Movie 8.
Truth be told once he goes Legendary SSJ Broli got old fast. He was only cool as Legendary in movie 10.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sun Jan 25, 2004 11:54 pm

For me, it's movies 3 because everyone's there, 6 because I love the banter between Goku and Vegita, 9 hey, it shows my little Gohan in all his powerful glory, plus it's a touching one I think. I have to also say movies 1 and 12 because they're so entertaining. But I love the song "Piccolo-san Da-isuki" in movie 2. Who ever would have thought Piccolo Daimao would have a 5 year-old child singing such a song about him? It's sweet.

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:58 am

My two fave DBZ movies are movie 9 ("Ginga Giri-Giri!! Butchigiri no Sugoi Yatsu") and movie 13 ("Ryû-Ken Bakuhatsu!! Gokû ga Yaraneba Dare ga Yaru"). I guess I favor movie 13 slightly more because: 1) it was the first DB-related thing I EVER saw in Japanese (this was before I saw the TV series. Strange but true, I saw movie 13 first O_O), and 2) it focuses on Chibi Trunks.

Dai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai » Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:59 pm

I still like Movie 13 a lot, even though it focusses on that bratty bastard Chibi Trunks, but my all time favourite is probably Movie 3. It had such fantastic scenery pictures, not to mention some of the best music in any of the movies. Apart from that, the Bardock TV Special also kicks royal arse.
[url=http://www.projectafter.com]Project AFTER[/url]: Every fanfiction's worst nightmare.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:16 pm

Hrmm, Movie 13, no wait Movie 9, no the Bardock special......

SDNess
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SDNess » Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:20 pm

History of Trunks probably. I haven't seen many of the others besides Tree of Might, Dead Zone, and World's Strongest. All of those are okay.

Alias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Alias » Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:32 pm

Only DBZ? No DB? Darn... Well, my favorite DBZ movie would probably be Bardock's Story. It had an interesting storyline, great characters, good animation, and didn't have any of the dippy humor bits (I HATE Kamesennin and Oolong...) that ruined movie 8. =(

XxShinGokuxX

Post by XxShinGokuxX » Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:56 pm

My favs are

DBZ Movie 5: The Best of Strongest versus Strongest
DBZ Movie 6: Clash!! 10,000,000,000 Power Warriors
DBZ Movie 7: Utmost Limits of Battle!! The Three Super Saiya-jin
DBZ Movie 8: Burnout!! Fierce Fight, Violent Fight, Super-Exciting Fight
DBZ Movie 9: The Galaxy is in Danger!! The Super Awesome Guy!
DBZ Movie 10: Dangerous Partners! Super Warriors Never Rest
DBZ Movie 12: The Rebirth of Fusion!! Goku and Vegeta
DBZ Movie 13: Dragon Fist Explosion!! If Goku Can't Do It, No One Can

XxShinGokuxX

Post by XxShinGokuxX » Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:57 pm

And movie 1 wasnt bad either just not as good as the others.

SonGohan-san
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonGohan-san » Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:10 am

You know, I think movie 1 is my favorite.

First, you have a cool, plausible villian in Garlic Jr., who is ACTUALLY developed somewhat. His grudge was Kami was intense and compelling. And...he actually was able to use the Dragon Balls. (One of the few movies that involved Dragon Balls, wasn't it?)

Great fighting thoroughout the film w/o emphasis on SSJ. Plus, isn't it the only time adult Goku is seen using his nyobi (sp) pole? (The way he takes out Ginger (I think that's the one) is classic.)

Piccolo is a still at badass status during the this time. And, let's face it, no one was better at filling the position of "series badass" better than Piccolo. NO ONE (to all you Vegita fans).

And finally, it was one of the few films that hold the distinction of having another person finish off the main antagonist besides Goku.

Oh wait...I also loved seeing Gohan get drunk and sing. In fact, I loved all his hokey songs from the earlier movies. "I Love Piccolo" or whatever was great, which is probably why the second movie probably my second favorite. Plus they felt more like movies and not just plugs to advertise the greatness of the almighty Super Saiyan.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:17 am

Good. Just as long as you're being specific.

SonGohan-san
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonGohan-san » Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:29 am

I take the "why" parts seriously.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:47 am

Oh no, I agree with you. And there was some great choreography going on during Goku's fight with Garlic Jnr's men.

I was actually referring to the posts above yours. And being a wee bit sarcastic. I am naughty.

SonGohan-san
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonGohan-san » Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:56 am

Oh. Well, even if you were referring to my post, the sarcasm wouldn't have bothered me. Much of a forum is about wit, I'd say.

It's funny how there were multiple ways to interpret HOW you were being sarcastic in that last post, depending on who you were addressing.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:39 am

Yes. It is amusing.

Y'know, it does make a change from most forums, where you'd have to put something like:

Yeah, it's soooooooooooooooooooo funny!!!! ;)

...to be understood. But you most of the people here seem to cope without the obvious signs of sarcasm that ruin the joke. Even the Americans. Good for you!

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:43 am

I haven't seen all the movies yet, but at the moment my favourite is The History of Trunks. It was the first (and sadly, one of the very few) times that Gohan was bad-assed. I just couldn't get enough of that movie, after buying it I had to watch it 3 times a day for many months, to the protests of many friends and family.

What can I say, that feature was just short and sweet. It provided tons of background info on Future Trunks (at which time I had only seen the begining of the Android Saga), the story was very well paced with virtually no filler. The fights were incredible, and it managed to get really emotional. Just tell me you weren't teary eyed when Trunks found Gohan face down in the rain, I dare ya!